DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #76
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmar4 View Post
I want to thank every body for some great ideas. I called to verify the numbers for this year and it turned out that we were overcharged last year so we got some credit for this year for the MF's. We decided to rent our points as our first option if we run into this problem again. For this year, I got a good bonus from work so that took care of this year and I was even able to get the deal for the PAP
THANKS AGAIN
I'm confused. I just went back and read your post again. I'm glad you got out of the jam this year, but if I'm understanding correctly you didn't rent out any points or apply any money towards your loan? After rereading your first post, it was easy to see the stress that you were feeling when you wrote it. My concern is that at some point in the future you are going to have the same experience. I'd still suggest that taking one year off, take the money that you would've spent on tickets, travel, expenses and couple that with the revenue you get from renting your points and pay down your loan balance a bit. I think you will be glad you did in the long term. But I could be wrong. Good luck.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #77
jhryb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakenatj View Post
Well seeing how AKV is going for around $65-$75 a point on resale you are going to lose some money on the deal. I guess if you can't afford $1800 a year in maintenance fees the additional cost of going probably are an issue too. I guess if I were you I would sell at least one of your contracts. That would drop your fees by 30% right off the top.

Seeing how you have been able to use it for three years I wouldn't look at it as a loss. The amount you saved on those vacations probably offset the price difference.
Wow - I guess I have been out of the loop. We purchased AKV points a few years ago and we just added on this summer. We should have looked at re-sell. $65 - $75 is cheap compared to what we paid - UGH! I don't think I will tell my DH this.
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #78
vinmar4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I'm confused. I just went back and read your post again. I'm glad you got out of the jam this year, but if I'm understanding correctly you didn't rent out any points or apply any money towards your loan? After rereading your first post, it was easy to see the stress that you were feeling when you wrote it. My concern is that at some point in the future you are going to have the same experience. I'd still suggest that taking one year off, take the money that you would've spent on tickets, travel, expenses and couple that with the revenue you get from renting your points and pay down your loan balance a bit. I think you will be glad you did in the long term. But I could be wrong. Good luck.
I see your point, we are going to take a break after using the PAP and we are also thinking of probably seeling one of my contracts to my sister, she wants to buy 100 points from me. But again we are looking at diferent option for the future, also one big bill that we have with my son in a private HS will be done by next year and he is getting a scholarship for College, so things are looking good.
thanks again for your concern!
vinmar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #79
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmar4 View Post
I see your point, we are going to take a break after using the PAP and we are also thinking of probably seeling one of my contracts to my sister, she wants to buy 100 points from me. But again we are looking at diferent option for the future, also one big bill that we have with my son in a private HS will be done by next year and he is getting a scholarship for College, so things are looking good.
thanks again for your concern!
Thanks for clarifying. I think this is a good pointer that we really don't know the whole story about anybody's situation and our advice is generic and not specific. Obviously saying goodbye to the tuition bill will mean a whole different situation for you. I simply took notice of your initial panic and didn't want to see that come up again. Glad to hear that you've got it covered.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #80
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhryb View Post
Wow - I guess I have been out of the loop. We purchased AKV points a few years ago and we just added on this summer. We should have looked at re-sell. $65 - $75 is cheap compared to what we paid - UGH! I don't think I will tell my DH this.
Ouch! Well you will know where to look in the future.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: