Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Help to make it special

Its my only siblings birthday later this month and as shes had a very tough year (her OH of 3 years ended things and got engaged to a mutual friend within a few months among other things) and last year on her birthday I was pregnant and having a very difficult time so no one really acknowledged her birthday so I want to do something nice for her.
So far I have booked a private room in her favourite bar in town with finger food for about 15-20 and I've ordered a cake. I wanted to do something that day, just the two of us, that doesn't cost a fortune cause I'm trying to save all my pennies for our hols and I wanted to maybe have a surprise of some sort planned in the bar but nothing is coming into my head. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do to make it more special?

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

I can't think of anything at the party, but what about some kinda pampering session / spa experience, just the 2 of you before the party? Hope you have a fab time

WDW: April 1999: Port Orleans French Quarter • October 2011 (Halloween & MNSSHP): All Star Music - Engaged in the Haunted Mansion! - Read this TR here!
• August 2013: Old Key West Read this PTR here!

DLRP: Oct 2005 (Halloween trip!): Santa Fe • May 2006: Santa Fe • February 2007: Santa Fe • December 2007 (Christmas trip!): Santa Fe • October 2008 (Halloween trip!): offsite
• February 2010: offsite • November 2010 (Christmas trip!): offsite • February 2012: offsite • June 2012: offsite • October 2012 (Halloween trip!): offsite • June 2012: offsite • July 2013: offsite • April 2014: Magic Circus
Sarah28 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah28
I can't think of anything at the party, but what about some kinda pampering session / spa experience, just the 2 of you before the party? Hope you have a fab time
Ooh, never thought of that!!! Good idea! I think her favourite salon has offers on at the minute too! Thanks

Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
ttck4eva
Earning My Ears

When I was broke I made my best friend a framed collage of photos. She loved it!
ttck4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttck4eva
When I was broke I made my best friend a framed collage of photos. She loved it!
I love collages! I've made her a couple over the years though!

Old 01-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

If not a collage, how about a small scrap book? You can incorporate pics of you both through the years.

Pam
pampat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

So today I got a leaflet through the door advertising our favourite salon that is having a 3 treatments for the price of 2 sale at the moment so I rang them and booked for both of us to get our nails done and then for her to get her make up done. For the 3 things it will cost me £25. Afterwards I have booked lunch in the restaurant beside it for the two of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampat
If not a collage, how about a small scrap book? You can incorporate pics of you both through the years.

Pam
LOL after reading the collage post above earlier I thought of this but when I mentioned it to my mother she said I couldnt - upon further digging it turns out my mother has done a personalised photo album for her!! Guess I'm not quick enough off the mark lol!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

Yay, glad to be of some help and you've managed to get such a great deal on them. Enjoy being pampered!

WDW: April 1999: Port Orleans French Quarter • October 2011 (Halloween & MNSSHP): All Star Music - Engaged in the Haunted Mansion! - Read this TR here!
• August 2013: Old Key West Read this PTR here!

DLRP: Oct 2005 (Halloween trip!): Santa Fe • May 2006: Santa Fe • February 2007: Santa Fe • December 2007 (Christmas trip!): Santa Fe • October 2008 (Halloween trip!): offsite
• February 2010: offsite • November 2010 (Christmas trip!): offsite • February 2012: offsite • June 2012: offsite • October 2012 (Halloween trip!): offsite • June 2012: offsite • July 2013: offsite • April 2014: Magic Circus
Sarah28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah28
Yay, glad to be of some help and you've managed to get such a great deal on them. Enjoy being pampered!
Thanks I'm delighted with it!

Old 01-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #10
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

I was going to say a champagne afternoon tea before you go out but it looks like you already have that time covered Sounds like a lovely day you have planned You have a lucky sister.
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #11
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic
I was going to say a champagne afternoon tea before you go out but it looks like you already have that time covered Sounds like a lovely day you have planned You have a lucky sister.
Ooh a champagne afternoon tea sounds lovely!! I wonder do the restaurant do anything like that!! I must look into it Thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: