Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #31
Judy from Boise
Watch out – might take away your birthday
Not superfluous in the least!
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
Wow, I came on here to head over the WDW side and browse a little because I'm getting panicky about a trip in to WDW in a year and half! I was checking the DLR boards first and found this thread. I'm not scared, I'm imitimated. I can't wait to see and try new things at WDW but we've never been.

I still can't decide where to stay and I dread all the buses. I was just listening to the podcast discussing transprotation at WDW and they said to allow an hour and a half to get to your dining reservation! I am really having trouble figuring out how to plan this! Where to eat, when to eat, park hop or not... From what I read, you have to know all this 6 months before you go! I don't even know where to start. The only thing I do know is we must go during summer, unfortunately. DH and I are both teachers and just can't take that much time off during the school year. We will plan for mid June and spend 10 days. Any tips for a DLR vet on how to start would wonderful. I'm thinking I'll be contacting Dreams Unlimited.
I would strongly urge you to use the teacher discount and stay at the Swan or Dolphin. You can walk to Epcot and Boat to Studios. By far the most convenient transportation wise for the reasonable price point.
Judy from Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #32
Judy from Boise
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

I love them both, will be doing WDW 3 times this year because of APs. The real value of WDW for us is we like to travel in January and February to get out of winter and have low crowds. DLR is famous for multiple rehabs and weekend only shows during this time. At WDW we can get night time shows daily, and much fewer rehabs, plus almost guaranteed sunshine.

My biggest wish for DLR would be fireworks during the week year round even if it was every other day.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #33
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy from Boise View Post
I would strongly urge you to use the teacher discount and stay at the Swan or Dolphin. You can walk to Epcot and Boat to Studios. By far the most convenient transportation wise for the reasonable price point.
Oh, a teacher discount? Have to look in to that. Thanks! Although I wonder if we loose some perks by not staying at an official Disney hotel. I have heard good things about it though.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #34
Judy from Boise
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

The only big perk you lose is the magic Express option. I think it is a great trade off as most DL veterans plan to spend the least time at MK and most time at Epcot, and with these hotels you can easily walk to Epcot.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #35
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

I just saw this, and I feel similarly! I've been to WDW once in high school, and I liked it (even with AK being new and not getting to see then-MGM), and I would LOVE to go with just DH and I, but the thought of taking small children there intimidated me a LOT. (We lived in VA for a year and thought that would be our first Disney visit at one point) DLR with my kids will take a lot of planning, but I am pretty comfortable there and know what to expect, especially with the help of these boards for current news. Maybe someday. But now that we're back in AZ I'm kind of relieved it's just good old DLR!

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: