Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #121
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

Who gets to make the decision that Kate has, or has not, "had some aspiration or done something with her life"?

Was there a vote? Did The Country conclude that she didn't do enough, so far, so that meant she had to take her husband's name? Did Willam have to break it to her gently: "I'm sorry, my love, you didn't do enough, so you can't keep your name."?
Iforgetmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #122
FLCyndi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
What about "eh" and "meh"? Are they all synonymous?
Hence, meh, heh????
FLCyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #123
TanyaS
Mouseketeer

If their baby were to be born with a disorder, or have an injury at birth, that resulted in a very low IQ, what would happen?

I have trouble reconciling the image I have in my head of first sons inheriting the throne, with the current notion I have of who should rule a country (or 15).

They seem like a lovely couple and I wish them the best as they become parents. I'm sure the media frenzy is the last thing they need.
TanyaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #124
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

My guess is that the succession would then go to the 2nd born child.

If there is no 2nd born child then the succession would probably go to Prince Harry.

Right now it's
Prince Charles
Prince William
Prince William's 1st Child
Prince William's 2nd Child and so on down the line of Prince William's children with Prince Harry being pushed further down the line of succession as each child of Prince William is born.

However, if Prince Willilam only had one child and that child was incapable of reigning for some reason then the line of succession would go to Prince Harry after Prince William, I would imagine.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #125
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
You. Asked. Me. A. Direct. Question.
Yes, and you gave me your opinion. It is not fact. Along with several others, I gave a direct link to the royal family's website, which addresses this very issue. You have a right to your opinion, but you are incorrect. I'm sure if it were a choice to accept the family name, that it would be noted on their official statement of surnames.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #126
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know that she took his name, as I've not heard her referred to with any last name but Middleton.

Personally, I know her name is actually Middleton, so that's what I'd go with were I not somehow addressing her by title, heh. Regardless, I don't recall any official announcement that she was renouncing her own last name so...

As far as the secession, as two people disagreed I went to look and found the NYT says (from last year) -
I think your all wrong. Well, I only read to page 2 or so.

She could be "styled" (or called) many things because of Prince William's "styles". He was recently given his dukedom and his style the Duke of Cambridge on his wedding day. She is the Duchess of Cambridge because he was given his dukedom.

Kate Middleton has no noble blood at all. I believe that actually, Diana DID have some noble lineage and was noted to be the Lady Diana in her own right. There are many people who think that the marriage between Diana Spencer and Prince Charles was actually a type of arranged marriage. It's a good conspiracy theory!!!!

Kate Middleton technically could be called "HRH, the Princess William of Wales". It is not a commonly used style. This is really the only style that should be used to address her as a princess, because she is not a princess in her own right. It should be used in full though (with his name).

Just like I could call myself "Mrs. John Smith" after my husband, because I am married (not my real name).

This Duke title was granted to Prince William on his wedding day and they use the title currently (Duke and Duchess).

Last edited by sookie; 12-04-2012 at 08:10 PM.
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #127
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBIJim View Post
Awww, poor Harry gets knocked down a notch.

Jim
Not in my book. I love me some gingers...
Old 12-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #128
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmom95 View Post
I posted this earlier in the thread, but it obviously needs repeating.

"For the most part, members of the Royal Family who are entitled to the style and dignity of HRH Prince or Princess do not need a surname, but if at any time any of them do need a surname (such as upon marriage), that surname is Mountbatten-Windsor."

http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRo.../Overview.aspx
And this. So my ginger god doesn't need a surname.... haha.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #129
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmom95 View Post
Yes, and you gave me your opinion. It is not fact. Along with several others, I gave a direct link to the royal family's website, which addresses this very issue. You have a right to your opinion, but you are incorrect. I'm sure if it were a choice to accept the family name, that it would be noted on their official statement of surnames.
So this is you "letting it go?" Which is what you criticized me not doing when I ANSWERED your direct question.

You ASKED me a question - whether I think the future queen could use any name she wants. I ANSWERED you. I am not incorrect, thanks, because the royal website states the royal name - that doesn't actually address the question you asked me. You asked me an entirely opinion-based question, then criticized me for answering you, and now for the way I answered you. Now I'm done answering you, so feel free to go on about how, in your opinion, you're correct.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #130
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookie View Post
I think your all wrong. Well, I only read to page 2 or so.

She could be "styled" (or called) many things because of Prince William's "styles". He was recently given his dukedom and his style the Duke of Cambridge on his wedding day. She is the Duchess of Cambridge because he was given his dukedom.

Kate Middleton has no noble blood at all. I believe that actually, Diana DID have some noble lineage and was noted to be the Lady Diana in her own right. There are many people who think that the marriage between Diana Spencer and Prince Charles was actually a type of arranged marriage. It's a good conspiracy theory!!!!

Kate Middleton technically could be called "HRH, the Princess William of Wales". It is not a commonly used style. This is really the only style that should be used to address her as a princess, because she is not a princess in her own right. It should be used in full though (with his name).

Just like I could call myself "Mrs. John Smith" after my husband, because I am married (not my real name).

This Duke title was granted to Prince William on his wedding day and they use the title currently (Duke and Duchess).
Well, she can't be called anything of Wales, as his father is the Prince of Wales, not him, unless there's been some Princely tragedy I missed today.

I agree his titles confer to her, doesn't mean she couldn't have her own last name. I don't think thinking the Spencer marriage was 'arranged' was much of a conspiracy theory at this point - how many aristocratic virgins willing to marry him were running around anyway?

As for what I've done - more than Waity Kaity, though that's a really low bar.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #131
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So this is you "letting it go?" Which is what you criticized me not doing when I ANSWERED your direct question.

You ASKED me a question - whether I think the future queen could use any name she wants. I ANSWERED you. I am not incorrect, thanks, because the royal website states the royal name - that doesn't actually address the question you asked me. You asked me an entirely opinion-based question, then criticized me for answering you, and now for the way I answered you. Now I'm done answering you, so feel free to go on about how, in your opinion, you're correct.
The other posters are right. I follow several other boards that actually have entire forums dedicated to the names and styles of various royal families around the entire globe. Using the correct name and title is HUGE. Why are you arguing with several other posters who are linking directly to the website published by the royal family?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #132
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, she can't be called anything of Wales, as his father is the Prince of Wales, not him, unless there's been some Princely tragedy I missed today.

I agree his titles confer to her, doesn't mean she couldn't have her own last name. I don't think thinking the Spencer marriage was 'arranged' was much of a conspiracy theory at this point - how many aristocratic virgins willing to marry him were running around anyway?

As for what I've done - more than Waity Kaity, though that's a really low bar.
Actually your right - my mistake. When daddy becomes King however, and William becomes the Prince of Wales - then the above that I spoke about all takes affect. And I think that is why people got so confused with Diana as well - because she could have been styled the same way (there are BIG debates about it - honestly).
I don't have time tonight to look it up, but I'm pretty sure she could still be styled HRH the Princess William. Not a common style and would not be their preference - they are both using Duke and Duchess at this time.

Last edited by sookie; 12-04-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #133
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

Quote:
Yes, for those of us reading the thread, this was posted several times. However, that doesn't mean that she changed her name. It is possible she would use her own name. As I said, given that she did nothing in her life, and appeared to be totally focused on marrying him, I wouldn't be surprised if she did change it but saying that the royal surname is X doesn't mean that anyone who marries into the royal family nexessarily takes that name.
Holy Moses! Seriously? She is a do nothing, gold-digger? That's why she took his name? Do even think before you type some of this tripe? Well, I'll one-up her. I am a LAZY do-nothing gold-digger. I took my husband's name because it is easier to spell and pronounce than my maiden name. ...but what do I know? Not only am I not from the City, I was born in that cesspool, NJ, that the highly educated sophisticates from the City charge exorbitant bridge tolls to keep it's citizens out of the cultural Mecca that is the City. The same highly educated sophisticates that spend what seems like most of their life on a DISNEY message board, but oddly, never seem to offer any information on Disney. Meh, dunno, heh

I feel bad for them having to announce the pregnancy so early. It's bad enough to be having complications, but to have the whole world gawking at you, too, has got to stink.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #134
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?

Quote:

Meh, I give up. For the record, I was being sarcastic, not asking a direct question.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #135
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblackpug View Post
Holy Moses! Seriously? She is a do nothing, gold-digger? That's why she took his name? Do even think before you type some of this tripe? Well, I'll one-up her. I am a LAZY do-nothing gold-digger. I took my husband's name because it is easier to spell and pronounce than my maiden name. ...but what do I know? Not only am I not from the City, I was born in that cesspool, NJ, that the highly educated sophisticates from the City charge exorbitant bridge tolls to keep it's citizens out of the cultural Mecca that is the City. The same highly educated sophisticates that spend what seems like most of their life on a DISNEY message board, but oddly, never seem to offer any information on Disney. Meh, dunno, heh

I feel bad for them having to announce the pregnancy so early. It's bad enough to be having complications, but to have the whole world gawking at you, too, has got to stink.
This post needs a like button.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: