Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #106
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceila View Post
heh, what is this witchcraft you have conjured?
You shall see me selling this mysterious Google on latenight television soon. I predict it will be a big hit with those that need to constantly talk about nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
I think you mean *the City*, don't you?
Hey now, I do live in the City, THE city of El Paso. Heck yeah, nothing better you know

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #107
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
Unless it's currently twins or more.
Will they have to put the second one in an iron mask? The twins reminded me of the story.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #108
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?

Quote:
I dunno, because it's her name and the title is a mouthful? A number of people have said she changed her name, but haven't provided any evidence of an announcement to that effect. Hence, I have no idea if she changed her name. Considering the whole 'waity Kaity' thing, I wouldn't be surprised; but still.
I posted this earlier in the thread, but it obviously needs repeating.

"For the most part, members of the Royal Family who are entitled to the style and dignity of HRH Prince or Princess do not need a surname, but if at any time any of them do need a surname (such as upon marriage), that surname is Mountbatten-Windsor."

http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRo.../Overview.aspx
Old 12-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #109
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

What is "heh"?

J.C.&ALI'SMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #110
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Unless it's currently twins or more.
True. Then the media will spend the next few years talking about how she had to have some sort of "help" getting pregnant because NO ONE has ever had multiples without the help of in vitro. The "scandal" that they will create will sell papers, though, so that's all that matters Then, once they have beaten that horse to death, and the kids are older, they will get to talk all about the giant feud between the two of them over who should rightfully assume the thrown - bonus scandal if the twins are a boy and a girl and the girl is born first.

My heart really goes out to William. He has always said that he wanted to shield Kate from the media and all that they did to his mother. They hounded her before the two ever wed which actually led to a short break up. The hounded her leading up to the wedding. The posted topless pictures of her that were clearly an invasion of her privacy. They have questioned her fertility. No way that they let her pregnancy go without coming up with some sort of scandal. And poor William tries to shield her from it, but will never be able to.

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #111
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Since when do women marrying into the royal family make an announcement regarding their name? Oh that's right. They don't.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #112
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
What is "heh"?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=heh

half laugh, semi-cynical connotation, used on IRC by those too cool to say lol or roflmao
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #113
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmom95 View Post
I posted this earlier in the thread, but it obviously needs repeating.

"For the most part, members of the Royal Family who are entitled to the style and dignity of HRH Prince or Princess do not need a surname, but if at any time any of them do need a surname (such as upon marriage), that surname is Mountbatten-Windsor."

http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRo.../Overview.aspx
Yes, for those of us reading the thread, this was posted several times. However, that doesn't mean that she changed her name. It is possible she would use her own name. As I said, given that she did nothing in her life, and appeared to be totally focused on marrying him, I wouldn't be surprised if she did change it but saying that the royal surname is X doesn't mean that anyone who marries into the royal family nexessarily takes that name.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #114
islandmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
saying that the royal surname is X doesn't mean that anyone who marries into the royal family nexessarily takes that name.
I think its kind of a given that if you do marry a high-ranking royal, you take the institutional name. I can hardly see her sitting there demanding to keep her maiden name in favour of the Mountbatten-Winsor moniker.

Of course there's no announcement as she's followed the usual protocol, so there's nothing to "announce".

Its simple .... she doesn't use her maiden name, for anything, she doesn't call herself it, sign herself with it, anything. It ceased to be her name from her wedding day - as with the millions of others of us who married and stopped going by our maiden names.

An announcement to say that she's renounced her maiden name .... er, no.
islandmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #115
nmmom95
Or am I?

Quote:
Yes, for those of us reading the thread, this was posted several times. However, that doesn't mean that she changed her name. It is possible she would use her own name. As I said, given that she did nothing in her life, and appeared to be totally focused on marrying him, I wouldn't be surprised if she did change it but saying that the royal surname is X doesn't mean that anyone who marries into the royal family nexessarily takes that name.
So you think that the future queen of England can use any name she wants?
Old 12-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #116
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So you think that the future queen of England can use any name she wants?
Yes, one of those benefits of being queen, I'd think. A mere few decades ago, it would've been unthinkable that the future queen of England would be a commoner who wasn't a virgin when she married. I'm guessing if we get to the point where a future queen will have had some aspiration or done something with her life, well who knows. Who knows with this one.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #117
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
The one poster... who quoted a source. Everyone else seems to just be saying I'm wrong just because. I'll stick with the source.

Same source that knows that Clinton and Rodham married in 1975 and, as many posters noted, she didn't use his name until she was politically forced to stick it on the end of hers. But please, go on ignoring the facts and on with the personal slagging; it's fun to revisit third grade.

Plenty of people have posted sources to dispute your facts on this thread and many others. You simply chose to ignored them.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #118
nmmom95
Or am I?

Quote:
Yes, one of those benefits of being queen, I'd think. A mere few decades ago, it would've been unthinkable that the future queen of England would be a commoner who wasn't a virgin when she married. I'm guessing if we get to the point where a future queen will have had some aspiration or done something with her life, well who knows. Who knows with this one.
Can you ever just let something go?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #119
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can you ever just let something go?
You. Asked. Me. A. Direct. Question.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #120
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdad72 View Post
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=heh

half laugh, semi-cynical connotation, used on IRC by those too cool to say lol or roflmao
What about "eh" and "meh"? Are they all synonymous?
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: