Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #91
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
Meh.

I dunno what that means. (J/K)

And just for the record....no one forced Hillary to add Clinton to her name...it was thought that Bill lost the first election for governor because she went by Hillary Rodham so she decided to add Clinton to her name. She does not go by Hillary Rodham now...she is known as Hillary Clinton and when she signs documents she uses Hillary Rodham Clinton. And I'm old...not in 3rd grade by any stretch, but I also do not claim to know everything.....of course I also live in the State...but not THE City.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #92
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
The one poster... who quoted a source. Everyone else seems to just be saying I'm wrong just because. I'll stick with the source.

Same source that knows that Clinton and Rodham married in 1975 and, as many posters noted, she didn't use his name until she was politically forced to stick it on the end of hers. But please, go on ignoring the facts and on with the personal slagging; it's fun to revisit third grade.
I quoted a *recent* source saying you were wrong. But somehow, that isn't good enough for you.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #93
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
I dunno what that means. (J/K)

And just for the record....no one forced Hillary to add Clinton to her name...it was thought that Bill lost the first election for governor because she went by Hillary Rodham so she decided to add Clinton to her name. She does not go by Hillary Rodham now...she is known as Hillary Clinton and when she signs documents she uses Hillary Rodham Clinton. And I'm old...not in 3rd grade by any stretch, but I also do not claim to know everything.....of course I also live in the State...but not THE City.
The thing is, even is she had been forced to change her name, the point is that she DID change it. She changed how she refers to herself and how she signs her name. Only makes sense (to most of us) to change how we refer to her.
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #94
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDMB View Post
Actually I believe she didn't add Clinton to her name, she went by Hillary Clinton when he was governor, and then went by Hillary Rodham Clinton when he became president.

But what do I know, I don't live in the City.
You now owe me a new keyboard as mine is currently covered in Diet Dr Pepper.

Personally, I am thrilled for this lovely couple. They truly seem in love and happy, but have had so much pressure from the media to get pregnant. Maybe people will leave them alone. Of course, if she has a girl, no doubt, the media will be all over here about having to have a boy (whether the succession/secession debate ever gets settled or not). Wouldn't it be lovely if they named this child, provided she is a girl, after his mother? She was so loved by the world that I really think everyone would embrace that. Of course, considering his name is William Arthur Philip Louis, I'm betting this child will have a hand full of names, as well, and one could very likely be Diana.

Oh, and I could be completely off about this, but I bet Harry is just as thrilled as William and Kate. Now, he's dropped to lower on the succession list. He now has an even better chance of getting to enjoy the perks of being a royal without the full responsibility of ever being king. Sounds good to me and, from what I have read about Harry, sounds right up his alley.

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #95
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
I quoted a *recent* source saying you were wrong. But somehow, that isn't good enough for you.
No, it didn't.

Quote:
Who claims to know everything, exactly? Just, you know, for the record?
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #96
SaraJayne

Quote:
No, it didn't.

Who claims to know everything, exactly? Just, you know, for the record?
Honestly, I could continue to prove you wrong, but I get enough of banging my head against a brick wall with my teenager to argue with a person that thinks they know it all on the internet.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #97
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
You now owe me a new keyboard as mine is currently covered in Diet Dr Pepper.

Personally, I am thrilled for this lovely couple. They truly seem in love and happy, but have had so much pressure from the media to get pregnant. Maybe people will leave them alone. Of course, if she has a girl, no doubt, the media will be all over here about having to have a boy (whether the succession/secession debate ever gets settled or not). Wouldn't it be lovely if they named this child, provided she is a girl, after his mother? She was so loved by the world that I really think everyone would embrace that. Of course, considering his name is William Arthur Philip Louis, I'm betting this child will have a hand full of names, as well, and one could very likely be Diana.

Oh, and I could be completely off about this, but I bet Harry is just as thrilled as William and Kate. Now, he's dropped to lower on the succession list. He now has an even better chance of getting to enjoy the perks of being a royal without the full responsibility of ever being king. Sounds good to me and, from what I have read about Harry, sounds right up his alley.
The succession question has been answered. Girl or boy, William's first child will inherit the crown.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #98
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
The succession question has been answered. Girl or boy, William's first child will inherit the crown.
That comment was said in jest after the discussion about whether it is "succession" or "secession". I do think that the media will push for them to have a boy if they have a girl, though. And if they do have a boy, I'm sure that they will be pressured to have another child, anyway. Need the heir and the spare, dontcha know.

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #99
islandmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know that she took his name, as I've not heard her referred to with any last name but Middleton.

Personally, I know her name is actually Middleton, so that's what I'd go with were I not somehow addressing her by title, heh. Regardless, I don't recall any official announcement that she was renouncing her own last name so...
Only the press call her Kate Middleton - which rubs off on the public. She calls herself and signs her name as Catherine, and took the surname Mountbatten-Winsor as other have said.

By all accounts she doesn't care if people call her Kate or Catherine - but Middleton was her maiden name and she hasn't used it since her marriage ..... so why do others? - I don't get that.
islandmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #100
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmum View Post
Only the press call her Kate Middleton - which rubs off on the public. She calls herself and signs her name as Catherine, and took the surname Mountbatten-Winsor as other have said.

By all accounts she doesn't care if people call her Kate or Catherine - but Middleton was her maiden name and she hasn't used it since her marriage ..... so why do others? - I don't get that.
I dunno, because it's her name and the title is a mouthful? A number of people have said she changed her name, but haven't provided any evidence of an announcement to that effect. Hence, I have no idea if she changed her name. Considering the whole 'waity Kaity' thing, I wouldn't be surprised; but still.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #101
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

Well I'm just a hick from no where and certainly don't live in a big city but even I can google. It's amazing the new fangled contraption that finds things for everyone.

Here is what I found in about 3 second of looking:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_855333.html

http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRo.../Overview.aspx

back to the bickering(I never thought I'd miss the real Bicker until recently)

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #102
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
That comment was said in jest after the discussion about whether it is "succession" or "secession". I do think that the media will push for them to have a boy if they have a girl, though. And if they do have a boy, I'm sure that they will be pressured to have another child, anyway. Need the heir and the spare, dontcha know.
Oops
You're right, she'll barely have finished pushing out this baby and they'll be pressuring her or the spare.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #103
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Unless it's currently twins or more.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #104
Ceila
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygoofy View Post
Well I'm just a hick from no where and certainly don't live in a big city but even I can google. It's amazing the new fangled contraption that finds things for everyone.

heh, what is this witchcraft you have conjured?
Ceila is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #105
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygoofy View Post

I think you mean *the City*, don't you?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: