Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #31
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
I am so happy for them!!!!

I suffered from hyperemesis with both my pregnancies. Its awful. I lost 25 pounds with each pregnancy.
I hope she feels better soon, she cannot afford any weight loss.
I would never wish this on anybody. Throwing up 24/7 for nine months is the worst. There are people posting on other sites with the story, making the comments about eat a cracker it'll help, seriously have no clue how hard it is to deal with hyperemeis.

A teaspoon of water, would have me throwing up on an already empty stomach. There would be nothing in my stomach, but I would dry heave for a half hour. So drained from it, I'd crawl on my hands and knees back to bed.

Friends and family couldn't understand how, I lost weight during the pregnancy. Like you, the day after I gave birth, I was 25 lbs lighter than the day I found out I was pregnant - was in the ER hooked up to an IV for dehydration.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #32
Coonhound
Mouseketeer

To be called a princess, you must be a princess in your own right (by birth).

Technically, someone who has married a prince is not "Princess Diana", but rather "Princess Charles"
It sounds funny, but you take on "princess" with your husband's name on it, because you are only a princess because of his title. You can look this up online. That's what I did. lol
So Kate is "Princess William", but of course no one is going to call her that, because they just don't do that.
Rather than being called something as cumbersome and odd sounding as "Princess William", I'm sure she would rather go by the title the Queen gave her, Duchess of Cambridge.
Coonhound is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #33
Coonhound
Mouseketeer

I don't think Kate can afford to lose 25 pounds. Of course that isn't good for any person, but Kate is already extremely thin, isn't she?
Coonhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #34
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy!
Hope she gets over the hyperemesis fast!

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #35
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Love them and are so happy for them. I hope she will be alright.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #36
cornflake
DIS Veteran

The rules of secession were changed - the paperwork simply isn't through, but as I understood it, the agreement is the official date of the change and it was like last year some time. Before the Jubilee, anyway, I think. Hence it's in effect.

Her name is Kate Middleton. Her title is HRH Duchess of Cambridge.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #37
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
The rules of secession were changed - the paperwork simply isn't through, but as I understood it, the agreement is the official date of the change and it was like last year some time. Before the Jubilee, anyway, I think. Hence it's in effect.

As I understand it, nothing has been changed, since it has not been approved by Parliament, yet.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #38
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nope. Since she is married (and took her husband's name) her name (if someone wants to use a last name is Kate Mountbatten-Windsor. However, as a PP mentioned, titled British royals, officially, have no surname.

Wrong on the first part too. The change has to go through, not just the British Parliament, but, likely, Parliaments on the Commonwealth countries (it is possible that some countries don't require this, but I know that Canada requires a unanimous vote from all provinces for changes to the King/Queen). At this point, they aren't even sure exactly which bits of legislation would need to be changed. Our Prime Minister (and, I believe, all other Commonwealth PMs) have agreed, in principle, to the change.
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #39
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb View Post
Nope. Since she is married (and took her husband's name) her name (if someone wants to use a last name is Kate Mountbatten-Windsor. However, as a PP mentioned, titled British royals, officially, have no surname.

Wrong on the first part too. The change has to go through, not just the British Parliament, but, likely, Parliaments on the Commonwealth countries (it is possible that some countries don't require this, but I know that Canada requires a unanimous vote from all provinces for changes to the King/Queen). At this point, they aren't even sure exactly which bits of legislation would need to be changed. Our Prime Minister (and, I believe, all other Commonwealth PMs) have agreed, in principle, to the change.
I don't know that she took his name, as I've not heard her referred to with any last name but Middleton.

Personally, I know her name is actually Middleton, so that's what I'd go with were I not somehow addressing her by title, heh. Regardless, I don't recall any official announcement that she was renouncing her own last name so...

As far as the secession, as two people disagreed I went to look and found the NYT says (from last year) -

Quote:
The 16 countries that recognize the British monarch as head of state struck a historic blow for women’s rights on Friday, abolishing male precedence in the order of succession to the throne...

The new succession rule will come into play with William’s children...

After a series of unsuccessful attempts in Britain’s Parliament to change the succession rules in recent years, the Cameron government, in office 18 months, put its weight fully behind the changes, and court officials said Queen Elizabeth was strongly supportive. Nearing the end of a 10-day trip to Australia that has drawn large crowds, she was in Perth in her capacity as head of the Commonwealth when the announcement was made.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #40
SaraJayne

Quote:
I don't know that she took his name, as I've not heard her referred to with any last name but Middleton.

Personally, I know her name is actually Middleton, so that's what I'd go with were I not somehow addressing her by title, heh. Regardless, I don't recall any official announcement that she was renouncing her own last name so...

As far as the secession, as two people disagreed I went to look and found the NYT says (from last year) -
The change will go into effect when the Parliaments (that require it) of the countries approve it. Until then, nothing has changed.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #41
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Awww, congrats to them!

For anyone who follows suri's burn book - http://surisburnbook.tumblr.com/

"Suri" has always been fearful of Kate getting pg and creating a rival. Her entry about the pg is on today.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #42
ferris198
DIS Veteran

Girls born to members of the Royal Family are to be given equal rights with boys in the succession to the throne as centuries-old rules were overturned today.

As the historic changes to the monarchy were agreed, the Queen, at the Commonwealth summit in Perth, Australia, hailed the power of women to change the world.

The reforms mean the if the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's first child is a girl, she will take precedence over any younger brothers in the order of succession.
Reform: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's first born child will inherit the thrown after David Cameron struck a deal with Commonwealth leaders to end the rule that the first-born male takes the thrown

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2E2RIe2Yx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
ferris198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #43
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
The change will go into effect when the Parliaments (that require it) of the countries approve it. Until then, nothing has changed.
The Times, the BBC, disagree and note the change official as of last year's agreement - as noted in the article.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #44
SaraJayne

Quote:
The Times, the BBC, disagree and note the change official as of last year's agreement - as noted in the article.
Quote:
Although U.K. legislation has not yet been passed to change the existing succession laws, in May the queen confirmed at the opening of Parliament that the British government would work with commonwealth countries to bring in a new royal succession law.
Quote:
U.K. legislation will be introduced once 14 of the 16 commonwealth nations have agreed to change their laws.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/...1#.UL1HtGfP5h0

Heh.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #45
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Quote:

The official announcement, as far as the palace was concerned, was the announcement that her title was Duchess of Cambridge.

Were she to have retained her last name, that would have been announced.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: