Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #166
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

I can't imagine dealing with media scrutiny and how it's going to go beyond even what it was.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #167
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
Don't know how that could be "set in ... my?... mind," considering I neither stated that nor insisted it ... The number of times someone in this thread has claimed I said something I did not is kind of amazing.

Also, not for nothing, but unless I missed something - she got a basic degree, then occasionally worked for her parents home-based mail-order business. She's 30.

If I posted about my cousin, who went to school, met a rich guy, dated him, then hung around, never got a real job, bought clothes, went out, never did anything much, just waited for him to propose so she could live off him, til her late 20s, I think many people would say that person sounded completely pathetic.
Cornflake are you one of the royal gossip forum members? She got a bachelors degree that is not a basic degree and she worked for her parents by saying that working for your parents isnt a proper job you insult everyone who works for a family firm. We don't know what she did most of the time but because the press claimed she did nothing people believe it. For these who don't know about the royal gossip forum here is a sample

http://royalgossip.forumprofi.de/ind...,5738.460.html
This was written by a user name Windsor2
It wouldn't surprise me if they were separated. It would be hilarious if she weren't pregnant but did this to force Wills hand and back into her bed. It would make sense if Wills didn't know she was up the duff (because she's not or if she is she didn't tell him until she was in hospital) and that's why HM and Charles weren't informed. I read a story regarding HM not knowing and the reporter saying that the the announcement off the pregnancy wasn't organized.
I know the theory's out there but when you think about it, it doesn't seem too far fetched. They come up with this HG diagnosis so that enables them to hide away and do no work for the foreseeable future. So now all she has to do is either get pregnant or keep the baby in her. Either way, we'll not be seeing her out and about I believe. She can now pull Wills chains any time because the Punic perceives him as a dotting husband and a caring father to be. The Midds a would leak goths press if he steps out if line. He wouldn't be hostage to the Midds if he didn't care about his fake image that the press has of him IMO.
Odd that there's no official word from BP or CH regarding this pregnancy. They could be waiting for her to pass the 3 month mark.
I hope my post makes some sense. At the end of the day, Waity and the Midds are going to use this pregnancy for all it's worth as Waity takes advantage of the sympathy she has gotten and lazes around and laughter at the gullible people and the idiot royals who allowed her to marry Wills in the first place. Marie Antoinette and Ann Boylynn raises their ugly heads once again.
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #168
RitaE
DIS Veteran

Oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
Cornflake are you one of the royal gossip forum members? She got a bachelors degree that is not a basic degree and she worked for her parents by saying that working for your parents isnt a proper job you insult everyone who works for a family firm. We don't know what she did most of the time but because the press claimed she did nothing people believe it. For these who don't know about the royal gossip forum here is a sample

http://royalgossip.forumprofi.de/ind...,5738.460.html
This was written by a user name Windsor2
It wouldn't surprise me if they were separated. It would be hilarious if she weren't pregnant but did this to force Wills hand and back into her bed. It would make sense if Wills didn't know she was up the duff (because she's not or if she is she didn't tell him until she was in hospital) and that's why HM and Charles weren't informed. I read a story regarding HM not knowing and the reporter saying that the the announcement off the pregnancy wasn't organized.
I know the theory's out there but when you think about it, it doesn't seem too far fetched. They come up with this HG diagnosis so that enables them to hide away and do no work for the foreseeable future. So now all she has to do is either get pregnant or keep the baby in her. Either way, we'll not be seeing her out and about I believe. She can now pull Wills chains any time because the Punic perceives him as a dotting husband and a caring father to be. The Midds a would leak goths press if he steps out if line. He wouldn't be hostage to the Midds if he didn't care about his fake image that the press has of him IMO.
Odd that there's no official word from BP or CH regarding this pregnancy. They could be waiting for her to pass the 3 month mark.
I hope my post makes some sense. At the end of the day, Waity and the Midds are going to use this pregnancy for all it's worth as Waity takes advantage of the sympathy she has gotten and lazes around and laughter at the gullible people and the idiot royals who allowed her to marry Wills in the first place. Marie Antoinette and Ann Boylynn raises their ugly heads once again.
RitaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #169
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Color me confused, and I confess I didn't read through this entire thread, but I'm stuck on the fact that they call her "Duchess" and not "Princess" but yet her husband is always referred to as PRINCE William, not DUKE William.

What am I missing? lol

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker

Currently reading: #26 Rainshadow Road

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #170
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
Color me confused, and I confess I didn't read through this entire thread, but I'm stuck on the fact that they call her "Duchess" and not "Princess" but yet her husband is always referred to as PRINCE William, not DUKE William.

What am I missing? lol
As I understand and if I am off someone please correct me. To be titled princess you have to be born one. Either be born the daughter of a reigning monarch or be a granddaughter in the male line. The Duchess will only be able to style herself as princess as a courtesy when William is invested as The Prince of Wales.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #171
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:

What am I missing? lol
The news has been referring to them as the Duke and Duchess.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #172
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintasare View Post
As I understand and if I am off someone please correct me. To be titled princess you have to be born one. Either be born the daughter of a reigning monarch or be a granddaughter in the male line. The Duchess will only be able to style herself as princess as a courtesy when William is invested as The Prince of Wales.
I don't think that you can only be born the daughter of the reigning monarch because Andrew's (younger brother of Charles) daughters are both called Princess. One is Princess Beatrice of York and the other is Princess Eugenie of York. Their grandmother is the queen which I believes makes them princesses. Don't know if their children will be awarded those titles, though. Anyone from across the pond care to weigh in?

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #173
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

Quote:

What am I missing? lol
As fasinating as I find the Royal Family I do admit that I am easily confused as to who has what title and what is protocol.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #174
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

nevermind I misread it
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #175
RitaE
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What am I missing? lol
It is kind of explained in the thread

The short answer is that technically she could be known as Princess William of Wales via William's title of Prince. This is similar to the styling of Princess Michael of Kent's name.

However, upon her marriage the Queen granted William the title of Duke of Cambridge and announced that her name would be styled as HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. She gave him a couple of other Titles at the time also and technically they could use any of these as their official names. So that is the short answer, she is called Duchess because the Queen said she's called Duchess and the Queen is the boss.

As to why the Palace did not promote her as a "Princess" right off the bat probably has to do with where we are in history. Prince William is a Prince of Wales because of his birth, however he is not yet THE Prince of Wales. That is the big difference between the marriage of Charles/Diana, and William/Kate. Charles was The Prince of Wales and William is yet still 3rd in line to the throne. When (almost certainly) Charles becomes King he will almost certainly grant William the title of Prince of Wales and almost certainly at that time Kate will be come Catherine, Princess of Wales.

That however is not always the case. Camilla at the moment technically has the right to be called Camilla, Princess of Wales but in deference to Princess Diana does not use that title and likely never will. Public opinion on whether or not she will ever even be called Queen Camilla when the time comes goes back and forth. I've read articles where Charles has stated she will be Queen and I've read articles that claim he has stated no. Even after all this time, she is kind of a thorn of non-popularity in Britain and they might decide it better for her not to use the title of Queen Consort.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #176
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

From Wikipedia
Quote:
Catherine's full title and style is Her Royal Highness Princess William,[123] Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus[121][122].
Like RitaE above said, once William is THE prince of Wales she will be the princess of Wales.
Which style to use is another thing, again as RitaE pointed out, Camilla does not use that title even though I believe she holds it.

ETA, nope Camilla's full style
Quote:
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Chester, Countess of Carrick, Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order.[100]
Old 12-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #177
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
I don't think that you can only be born the daughter of the reigning monarch because Andrew's (younger brother of Charles) daughters are both called Princess. One is Princess Beatrice of York and the other is Princess Eugenie of York. Their grandmother is the queen which I believes makes them princesses. Don't know if their children will be awarded those titles, though. Anyone from across the pond care to weigh in?
The PP didn't say that you have to be born the daughter of a reigning Monarch, Andrew's children are granddaughters in the male line (the second option stated by the PP). The point is that you cannot become Princess Whoever, by marrying in. And, Princess Anne's daughter couldn't be Princess Zara (though she could have had a title).
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #178
ford family
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
It is up to the parent to decide whether or not the Queen's grandchildren are given the Prince/Princess title. Prince Charles chose to do so, Princess Anne chose not to, Prince Andrew chose to do so and Prince Edward decided not to.

ford family
ford family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #179
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb View Post
The PP didn't say that you have to be born the daughter of a reigning Monarch, Andrew's children are granddaughters in the male line (the second option stated by the PP). The point is that you cannot become Princess Whoever, by marrying in.
The poster I quoted said this:
Quote:
Either be born the daughter of a reigning monarch or be a granddaughter in the male line.
The princesses I mentioned are not the daughters of the reigning monarch (Elizabeth) or the granddaughter of the male in line (Charles). Unless they mean any male in line for the thrown, Beatrice and Eugenie do not meet these standards. If the poster did mean ANY male in line for the thrown, we would have many more princesses running around as the succession rules go pretty far out there.

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #180
RitaE
DIS Veteran

Here is a site that explains it somewhat.

http://theroyalpost.com/2012/12/03/t...ates-children/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: