DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Funny story.

Sept 2009 we were staying at POFQ w/free dining. Our DD and her DH were going to the preview center to actually buy a contract. They had done the tour the year before and were finally ready to sign papers. We went along for the ride and expressly told the guide we (DH and I) were not interested so don't try to sell us.

Long story short, we walked out of there with 210 points at BLT.
The kids did too.

After we got home and arranged our own financing I called our guide and he laughed and told me that he was sure we would go home and rethink our decision. He was shocked we went through with it. Have since added on twice, once direct from him and once resale.

Don't regret the decision one bit. Best money we have ever spent on ourselves.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #17
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica9 View Post
Contemplating cancelling our DVC. Why did you choose to or if you thought about it and decided not to, why?
We went through the DVC tour basically for the ice cream and Disney gift cards. Then, we went home and sat on the idea for an entire year.

At the point of the transaction, we had cash for our desired amount of direct points (280 AKL).

No regrets at all. We do not splurge much on the adults in our family and we did not consider this something we were doing for the kids. It was a promise to ourselves that we would 'force' ourselves to take great vacations. It has worked out wonderfully because now we do take vacations and have a higher standard than what we had before.

However, we had no idea that there was a resale market. I not sure, even now though, I would buy resale because I don't like having restrictions. We like to use our points in different ways and have found it to be a good way for us to use our timeshare.

I will only 'regret' buying DVC if they change 'essentially' how DVC works now. I like that I can go to any DVC resort as long as I can make a reservation at the 7 month mark. It will severely lessen my love if this ever happens.
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #18
Lifted07Duramax
Earning My Ears

If its a financial thing I would just rent out your points to cover the costs of the maintence fees. Thats what I plan on doing IF I end up with more points than I need. I can pay the MFs but if I can rent out points to pay for some of it then Im fine with that too
Lifted07Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: