Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #76
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I must say that you were very coherent for your 3am update!!

Poor Cortlyn and the characters... give her a few years and she'll be all over them. Cute photos of Catie though.

We've never done H&V since I have no idea who the characters but I do want to eventually try all the buffets so I'll have to watch some Handy Manny before too long!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #77
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I must say that you were very coherent for your 3am update!!

Poor Cortlyn and the characters... give her a few years and she'll be all over them. Cute photos of Catie though.

We've never done H&V since I have no idea who the characters but I do want to eventually try all the buffets so I'll have to watch some Handy Manny before too long!
I suggest Jake and the Neverland Pirates! It's really cute and has Capt Hook and Smee in the show as well, so a little throw back Disney!

Sorry I have fallen a little behind! We are having to deal with some "Real Life Land" issues right now and I'll be headed back to my hometown this weekend to take care of some not-so-pleasant things… I am the POA for my grandfather, and I'm having to make some tough decisions in order to continue to care for him. I appreciate all prayers, thoughts and good juju if you are the type!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips

Last edited by francis6306; 01-15-2013 at 08:48 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #78
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I suggest Jake and the Neverland Pirates! It's really cute and has Capt Hook and Smee in the show as well, so a little throw back Disney!

Sorry I have fallen a little behind! We are having to deal with some "Real Life Land" issues right now and I'll be headed back to my hometown this weekend to take care of some not-so-pleasant things… I am the POA for my grandfather, and I'm having to make some tough decisions in order to continue to care for him. I appreciate all prayers, thoughts and good juju if you are the type!
Goodluck
Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #79
FancyNancy
Princess

I'm really enjoying your trip report. Subbing in! Good luck with your grandfather.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #80
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Goodluck
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I'm really enjoying your trip report. Subbing in! Good luck with your grandfather.
Welcome to the group! Thank you for your support!

I'll be back this week with an update!!! Thank you!

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
Old 01-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #81
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

I am all caught up! I was so behind on the Dis boards and just in the last week or so really got back in the groove and finally started my own TR & DR.

I am sorry to hear about your camera , but at least your hubby was kind enough to go get another one

We had some interesting character interactions too -- not with my youngest, but with my 4yr old.

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. You are in my thoughts.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #82
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I hope all is going well back home Christen. Definitely praying for things to work out. Take care!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #83
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I am all caught up! I was so behind on the Dis boards and just in the last week or so really got back in the groove and finally started my own TR & DR.

I am sorry to hear about your camera , but at least your hubby was kind enough to go get another one

We had some interesting character interactions too -- not with my youngest, but with my 4yr old.

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. You are in my thoughts.
I hear you on the getting behind! Why can't everyone just time our "breaks" together so we don't miss out on each other's lives???

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I hope all is going well back home Christen. Definitely praying for things to work out. Take care!
Thank you so much!! You are such a wonderful encouragement!

I'm still alive- I promise!! I'm going to upload some pictures and get to work on my next post!!

Old 02-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #84
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Hello my good friends!! I am SO sorry I have been such a slacker!! Please come back!!! Don't avoid my pitiful TR! I have so much more to share!

So my last update was just at the end of our breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. Not sure exactly where I left off, but I'll just go ahead and talk about the end of the meal, since it leds RIGHT into the next part of the day!

So, we're noticing it is getting close to 9, which is when the park was opening that day. We were talking with the family next to us about how we all wanted FP's for Toy Story! Our server came up and he was so great. He said "Hey, the park is opening soon- you guys better go grab FP's for the families!" Good thing to know he was on board with it! haha! So, he quickly took the KTTW cards to pay for the meals (we were on the dining plan!) and brought them back. Corey and the other dad were on their way! The girls finished their meals and we went out to the stroller and started walking around. Corey had told me that he was going to go ride Star Tours after he got the FP's, so I knew I had some time to waste with the girls. We started walking around and saw that Goofy as well as Chip and Dale were out greeting guests, so we jumped in line to meet them!

After we did those pictures we moved on over to the LM show. Corey texted me that he was done with the ST and I told him to meet me inside the waiting area. I got a little annoyed when he got inside, because some people just did not want to move to let him get to us. Now, I get that people don't like to allow GOBS of people to "cut" in line. But really? Why can't people be a little more understanding of ONE person trying to get to his family- when they are in "line" for a SHOW?!?!!?! Sigh. I know- if we wanted to make sure we were together, we should stick together. But its a SHOW people! Anyway, we LOVED seeing LM as usual. Catie did really well with it overall.

I forgot to mention our fp! Okay, so remember how our server basically pushed Corey and the other dad out of the restaurant to go get the FP? Yeah.. well- good thing he did!!! Look at this!

See that timestamp in the bottom lefthand corner?!?! He got that BEFORE 9 and our FP time wasn't until 11:40!!! Can you believe that?!?!!

After LM, I decided I wanted to go ride Tower of Terror! I have MISSED this ride!! I really could not wait to go on it again!! It was just as good as I remembered it to be, but I have no proof of the ride- there was a CM stopping people from taking pictures of the pictures. Since I was off riding ToT, Corey with the girls and they went over to watch the Disney Jr show.

I told Corey that I was done, so we met up and walked around to find the HISTK's play ground!! I was determined to see this area this trip! Along the way, the girls decided to play in the fountain a little&

Then we were off to the playground!!!

Here is a video of Catie on the slide! (I hope this works!!)

This is a series I like to call "How to get soaked!"

Hmm& what's in here&

Oh& WATER!

MORE WATER!!!

LOTS OF WATER!!

Daddy took me away from the water!

Last edited by francis6306; 02-03-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #85
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So, I think we've had a fairly good morning so far! The girls had plenty of time to play, since we had to wait to ride TSM.- of course, it wasn't enough though! These girls LOVE to play!!!! As we're heading over to TSM, we happen to run into the Green Army men!! My girls have NO clue who they were, but Corey was really excited to see them!

The green army guy "played" with Corey for a bit- it was neat! I'm glad that they do things like that for adults AND for kids!! Especially since my husband didn't get to do this kind of thing when he was little, I know those magical moments mean a lot to him.

Now, it was time for. . . TOY STORY MANIA!!!!!!! Catie was just thrilled about the glasses:

I'm kinda surprised they let me take Catie on this ride!! Nobody questioned it, but she was sliding all over the place when the car moved. Maybe I was suppose to have her in my lap?? But again, they didn't say that.

Cortlyn LOVED it! I wish we had a picture of their score, but I don't. Cortlyn wanted to ride it again, but if I remember correctly, the FP times were for like 7 or 8 at night now. It was crazy!

We decided to hop in line to meet Buzz and Woody. This was a fun little queue! I'm so glad that Disney has put so much into the queuelines! I think it helps with the kids to have distractions along the way!!

Oooh the grumpfish!!! haha

Old 02-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #86
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Great updates!

Our waitress at H&V had us take care of the check shortly after we were seated that way we could leave as soon as we were ready. I really appreciated that

TSM is so much fun! I love that ride!!

We finally got to see the green army men this time around too!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #87
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

That's so cool that one of the Green Army men goofed around with your husband - that's what Disney is all about - being a kid at any age! I have a question - I was trying to figure out what attraction LM is and for the life of me I can't figure it out lol I'm dense to some of the abbreviations (I was going to guess Lights Motor Action! but that isn't it).

Love the pics of the girls in the playground area - what fun to be that age!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #88
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Great updates!

Our waitress at H&V had us take care of the check shortly after we were seated that way we could leave as soon as we were ready. I really appreciated that

TSM is so much fun! I love that ride!!

We finally got to see the green army men this time around too!
TSM was a fun right! But I'll tell you- I'd never wait more than 30 mins for it. It's not THAT much fun. I'm glad we had a FP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
That's so cool that one of the Green Army men goofed around with your husband - that's what Disney is all about - being a kid at any age! I have a question - I was trying to figure out what attraction LM is and for the life of me I can't figure it out lol I'm dense to some of the abbreviations (I was going to guess Lights Motor Action! but that isn't it).

Love the pics of the girls in the playground area - what fun to be that age!
Little Mermaid. It's okay! I do that a lot myself! I'll read something over and over again and feel so silly when I finally figure it out!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #89
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Ohmy gosh that picture of your daughter wrapped up in the Buzz line in that rocket thing is hilarious. She looks so sad!!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 02-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #90
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm always amazed that Toy Story Mania is still so popular. Just look at the Fastpasses that you got. Last time we were there, the Fastpass line (to get the Fastpasses) stretched waaaaay down the walkway.

Yay for the girls seeing Disney Jr. I remember those days sitting on the floor watching the show.

All of your pictures are fantastic! Love 'em all!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: