Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #46
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
That is really nice with Tiana.
I love those seats where you can watch the boats from IASW.
The food there is really good.
Jungle Cruise at night is great.

LOL. That cracked me up.

Great updates and pics.
I loved having that view! I am glad that we tried it and I was pleasantly surprised with the food! I don't know why, but I didn't expect much from the food, but it was really good.

Well, it's the truth!! I loved our first trip, but we were there during the lowest season of the year and this second trip, one of the busiest- yet we did MORE on this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefdragon View Post
Loving your report. You are right, it is so much easier traveling without family. I have done both and enjoy when it is just the 3 of us.
My MIL keeps dropping hints that she'd like to go as a family… I don't think my BIL would enjoy it (he HATES all forms of crowds) and I just know my M/FIL couldn't keep up with us! We shall see…..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger's ally View Post
Great seeing the EIU shirt. Subscribing to a fellow Illinoisan! Love the pictures. Great looking family. You say you are about two hours from Indy. We live about two and a half from there. Twenty miles straight west of EIU in the little town of Windsor. I went to EIU in the 80's. It's a small world, after all.
Well then, you are 20 miles from us then!! My husband is the Assistant Director of Bands at EIU- but SHHHH!!!! Don't tell anyone where I'm living! How about this little snow storm this week? It was plenty for this Georgia Transplant!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 12-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #47
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Well, I started to write an update, but atlas- my photobucket acct is all jacked up. I swear… I don't know why it hates me! But the next installment is pretty much written, I just need the PICTURES to add to it!

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #48
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post

Well then, you are 20 miles from us then!! My husband is the Assistant Director of Bands at EIU- but SHHHH!!!! Don't tell anyone where I'm living! How about this little snow storm this week? It was plenty for this Georgia Transplant!
Funny thing is, I live 20 miles from you and we got zero snow! Wierd huh?
Welcome to Illinois.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #49
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger's ally View Post
Funny thing is, I live 20 miles from you and we got zero snow! Wierd huh?
Welcome to Illinois.
That is crazy!!! I heard it was worse out in Casey- which do NOT get me started on the crazy way you people say city names around here. Ca-Zey? Ay-thens? Seriously!?!?

Old 12-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #50
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom! I'll just start by saying, I had a totally different expectation for this day, and it just didn't happen! I thought we'd see Bugs Life or FOTLK and scope out Camp Mickey-Minnie (or is it Minnie-Mickey? I can't ever keep that straight!!!) Well, lets just say, when you have small kids and they are enjoying something- you go with it!! No touring plans for us! Go where the kids wanna go!!! That's my plan!

First up, the routine morning photo.

We took the bus over and got there right at opening. Last trip, we got to the park early with an early ressie at TH. But we had a late breakfast today, so we didn't rush, but we were there right on "time". When we walked, some CM's had some spiders and such in plastic cases- GROSS! But the girls enjoyed looking at them. Oh, you want to see? Sorry… No pictures of the yucky spider!

We headed over to Dinoland. I knew I wanted to try and ride Dinosaur and let the girls play in the play area, so off we went!

Okay, let me WARN you about our first ride!! We rode the Triceratops Spin. I didn't KNOW that it didn't work like Dumbo- Looks like Dumbo, so I thought it would WORK like Dumbo. But it doesn't! There are 2 sets of seats in each "dino"- each have their own tabs- one works the rocking motion and the other works the up and down. I'm sure they explained that before the ride started, but I have two small kids! I can't be listening to that stuff!!!!

After we rode that- twice if memory serves me correct!- and Corey went for a Whirl... a Primevil Whirl! haha! Cortlyn wanted to ride, but she was too short. So, instead we headed over to play in the play area.

Corey had gotten us FP's for Dinosaur, and he went to go ride while I stayed with the girls. At some point, Cortlyn had to go to the bathroom, so we headed to the restroom. As we were heading back to the play area, I just happened to notice Santa Goofy and Pluto walking towards us! We were so excited and quickly parked the stroller and got out to take pictures! Of course…. they are on the CD- which was ordered this week, so I'll have it soon!!!! Anyway, we had a great time with them and as we headed back towards the play area, Corey comes from Dinosaur. He said he liked the ride, but it wasn't really his thing. Which meant I knew I would love it! Which I did enjoy it!

Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #51
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So, what's next on the agenda? Oh… well, that would be our late breakfast at TUSKER HOUSE!!! YUM!!!! We love Tusker House and we were really excited to go back. We love that it's got so many nontraditional items and the character interaction is really great.

First up? Picture with Donald!

What a difference than our first trip! Cortlyn wouldn't even go NEAR Donald and was hiding from Mickey:

When we got seated at our table, Daisy was leading the dance party around our seating area, so Cortlyn joined in!

After the dancing, Daisy came over to have a proper introduction!

Catie was FREAKING OUT to say the least. I didn't get any pictures of it, because I was literally just trying to get her to calm down as much as possible. She wasn't loud, but she was terrified.

I'm sure you are interested in a few of our plates!

I'm obsessed with my food not touching…

Corey's plate!

I failed on the plate shots. Sorry!

I have a food sensitivity. I can't eat pork. But the chefs at the TH are great! They had turkey bacon for me, but I was really bummed, because our first trip had some amazing turkey bacon, and this trip, I just had the normal butterball type that I get here at home. Oh well- at least they have the option and that's important!

On to the Characters!!!

Corey's favorite character is Goofy- so he had to have a picture too!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #52
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

How was checking in at TH for you? I thought it was a nightmare and so unorganized, so much so that I doubt I'll ever go back. It was like 2o minutes just to check in and then I went inside and they told me to go outside and get in line for Donald, which I didn't want and noe one seemed to be able to handle that. LOL But I did NOT want to wait in another 20 minute line. I was hungry and ready to get moving on with our day.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #53
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
How was checking in at TH for you? I thought it was a nightmare and so unorganized, so much so that I doubt I'll ever go back. It was like 2o minutes just to check in and then I went inside and they told me to go outside and get in line for Donald, which I didn't want and noe one seemed to be able to handle that. LOL But I did NOT want to wait in another 20 minute line. I was hungry and ready to get moving on with our day.
You know, I saw on FB about your troubles, but it was a dream for us! Seriously… we walked up as they were telling a family that it was over an hour wait (they didn't have a ressie) and I got a nervous feeling. When it was my turn they found my name and said "Right this way!" and walked us right up to where you take a picture with Donald. We had to wait for Donald- he had to go fluff his feathers! - and then when he got back we took the picture! They actually were ready to seat us before Donald was back, but Cortlyn wanted to get her pic with him so we waited. I was worried after your recent trip, but grateful that it was so smooth! My only complain was not having that yummy turkey bacon from my first trip, but everything else was great!

Old 12-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #54
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Sheesh! I need to stop cancelling Tusker House breakfast! We've cancelled twice and have yet to make it there. Glad to see that it was a good meal despite the turkey bacon being less than stellar and Catie having no desire to make friends with the characters!

I LOVE the Dinosaur ride! I suppose I'm the "scare me til I pee my pants" kinda gal! Michael, not so much! We've never been on any of the kiddie Dinoland rides so I need to add those to my list as well!

Photos with Santa Goofy and Pluto sound wonderfully fun!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #55
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Sheesh! I need to stop cancelling Tusker House breakfast! We've cancelled twice and have yet to make it there. Glad to see that it was a good meal despite the turkey bacon being less than stellar and Catie having no desire to make friends with the characters!

I LOVE the Dinosaur ride! I suppose I'm the "scare me til I pee my pants" kinda gal! Michael, not so much! We've never been on any of the kiddie Dinoland rides so I need to add those to my list as well!

Photos with Santa Goofy and Pluto sound wonderfully fun!!!
Yeah, the turkey bacon wasn't bad- it's just not the same as 2010. I think that has to do with the chef though. I really enjoyed the meal. And the juice is just so yummy!!!!

I can't wait to get my CD to share with you guys!!

Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #56
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So, where do you go after a full meal? The SAFARI!!!!!

Just a little backstory on me. When I was in HS, my marching band preformed in Magic Kingdom for the Magical Music Days. We had a blast and it was just such an honor to be a part of that experience! My memories of the actual trip are hazy outside of a few memories- I have NO idea where we stayed, but I really don't think it was on property though. Anyway, one of my big memories was the band revolting against Animal Kingdom. We all thought it was the stupidest thing EVER and we either wanted to go back to MK or hang out at the hotel and swim. Our band director agreed to letting us stay for a half day at AK and then back to the hotel for a break. Anyway, so the group I was with decided to head over to the Safari ride and we waited in line for TWO HOURS. I vividly remember thinking that it was crazy that we were waiting this long. Anyway, we did the safari and it was amazing! I am fairly sure I did NOTHING else at AK that morning but go to on the Safari, but I LOVED it.

So, on to taking sweet Catie on her first real safari ride! (Because I'm fairly certain that her trip in utero doesn't count! )

Cortlyn was really excited! She remembered how much fun this was from her first trip!

And we're off!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #57
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I remember when it first opened how long that safari line was too. Wow. I think we got there at opening and still waited an hour. We also waited 2 hours for dinosaur and that entrance buidling wasn't buit yet, so we stood outside with some make shift awnings. They had TV's hanging along the way (kind of like Universal lines do) and the pre show was done there while waiting in line. I sure wish I would've taken pictures as it is so different now.

I likethe picture of the giraffes rear and the next picture is of Catie pointing.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:13 PM   #58
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I remember when it first opened how long that safari line was too. Wow. I think we got there at opening and still waited an hour. We also waited 2 hours for dinosaur and that entrance buidling wasn't buit yet, so we stood outside with some make shift awnings. They had TV's hanging along the way (kind of like Universal lines do) and the pre show was done there while waiting in line. I sure wish I would've taken pictures as it is so different now.

I likethe picture of the giraffes rear and the next picture is of Catie pointing.
HAHA!!! I didn't even notice that!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #59
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I remember the days of going with the flow and doing whatever you could do while having a little one in the group. It sounds like ya'll were doing quite well with hitting the attractions that day.

You can tell that the girls are really into the safari. They were checking everything out.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 12-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #60
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh I forgot to mention that I am a "do not like my food to touch" too. The family actually teases me about it. When we were in Tennessee over Thanksgiving, my nephew sent me a text and it was a picture of his plate and the title said "look, everything is touching!"

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: