Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #31
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I don't know about you guys, but I certainly need some Disney distraction from yesterday's events in Connecticut! As a mother of an almost kindergartener, it hit a little close to home. I have squeezed my girls extra tight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBelle View Post
Wow!!!!
The girls are so adorable....
Their shirts are fabulous!!!
Plus the pictures of them with Marie & the Fairies are priceless. I also love the family picture... Dad is one happy fellow with all of his girls!!!
The weather looks great and
So glad that Catie was feeling better, looks like she was ready to eat.
Can't wait to read more.
TexasBelle
Carolyn
My husband LOVES his girls- he never did Disney or anything like this as a child, so this type of stuff is amazing to him.

Catie is always ready to eat! Eating and crying… Very common events on this trip for her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Hi,
Followed you over form someones report. Great report so far. Sorry she got sick but thankfully seems better.

AofA is a nice resort.

Great pics.
It is a nice resort! I can't wait to get back there! Thanks for joining in! Love to have new readers! Hope I can keep you entertained.

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 12-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #32
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Okay, to take a moment to say my prayers, thoughts and love are with the families of the Sandy Hook Elementary Victims. I have squeezed my precious girls so many times- Cortlyn has said a few times "Mom, you need to let me go!" She has no idea- keeping her innocence in tact is my goal this weekend.

On to the rest of our trip…

It was time to use our fastpasses for Mickey!!! Catie was so excited when we walked in and she saw "Mee-ey!" She kept squealing and laughing… until we walked up TO Mickey. Then she was trying to climb up OVER my shoulder to get away!

We also had fastpasses for the Princesses, but I got NO pictures of that on my camera… Not sure how that happened. I have photopass pictures- but I haven't gotten the CD yet. Corey had skipped the Princesses and went to get Fastpasses… for something… we can't remember. WOW! I'm doing great with this report, huh?

Anyway, as we came out- Catie got so excited to see her daddy and so I let her run on towards him. I thought it would be a sweet picture, so I grabbed the camera (see I had it with me!) and got this shot… perfectly timed, don't you think??

We got her brushed off and she was fine. It was about lunchtime, and I knew what I wanted!! Peco Bill's! We headed over to get lunch and it was SOOO GOOD!!! This will be on my list for QS for future trips for sure!

I only took a picture of my burger. We all got burgers, but I got the most toppings!

Sadly, as we ate our meal, Catie was nearing the end of her rope. She was ready for a nap, and so I told Corey I would take her back to the resort and he could spend some time with Cortlyn in the park a little bit longer. Catie was asleep before I got to the bus and luckily for me actually stayed asleep the WHOLE bus ride back to AoA, woke up as I opened the room door, but easily went back down in the packnplay! That is REALLY unusual for Catie, so I know she was still really tired from the night before.

Corey decided to take Cortlyn to meet Tiana, and this is where I have to say, I LOVE THE PRINCESSES!! Cortlyn loved this meet and greet, because apparently, when Cortlyn walked up, Tiana clearly saw her name and referred to her as Cortlyn. Cortlyn's statement to me was "Momma! Tiana REMEMBERED MY NAME! She knew me when I walked up!" She didn't remember that she was wearing a shirt with her own name on it- she was just thrilled to meet a princess who knew HER!

They decided to hit Dumbo up for one more ride before coming back for naps

When they got back to the room, Cortlyn crawled up in her murphy bed and went fast asleep!

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~

Last edited by francis6306; 03-19-2013 at 10:05 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #33
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

What a special meet with Tiana. I do love how the princesses look for details like that and make the kids think they "know" them. One time at 1900 PF Cinderella asked Claire how her dinner was at the castle and we just loved it. Claire had her castle wand sitting on the table, it actually took me a while to realize thats how she knew we had been there.

Cute pictue of Catie ...falling.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #34
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a special meet with Tiana. I do love how the princesses look for details like that and make the kids think they "know" them. One time at 1900 PF Cinderella asked Claire how her dinner was at the castle and we just loved it. Claire had her castle wand sitting on the table, it actually took me a while to realize thats how she knew we had been there.

Cute pictue of Catie ...falling.
A good princess always notices the little things!!

I'm thinking I should frame that shot!

Old 12-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #35
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Christen! What timing with the oops, I fell down photo! Glad to know Catie was ok.

I'm craving some fries with cheese goo now for some reason! Burgers with toppings - what a great lunch.

Tiana certainly made the experience magical for Cortlyn.

The photo of Cortlyn getting her hair cut is so pretty.

Wishing you and your beautiful family a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #36
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Christen! What timing with the oops, I fell down photo! Glad to know Catie was ok.

I'm craving some fries with cheese goo now for some reason! Burgers with toppings - what a great lunch.

Tiana certainly made the experience magical for Cortlyn.

The photo of Cortlyn getting her hair cut is so pretty.

Wishing you and your beautiful family a Merry Christmas!
Thank you!!

I am so sorry I have been flaking out on this TR!! Corey has been gone this week to Chicago- so I was a single mom for most of the week! I give MAJOR props to single parents. I'm so glad to have a husband and partner to do all this work!

Old 12-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #37
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So, we're back!

Okay, so we headed back to MK and I tell you- maybe it was the crowds, but the MK buses were really slow at AoA!

Lets ride It's a Small World! I think this is the best ride for small kids!

We decided that we were hungry, but the crowds were pretty heavy- This was the worst night with the crowds the whole time we were there, shockingly enough! I decided to go with what was close! Pinocchio Haus it is! I don't ever remember having a meal here, and the girls were excited to watch people on IASW.

I went with the Caprese Flatbread:

It was AMAZING! I thought it tasted really good! I'm funny about the balsamic vinegar, but this had JUST the right amount. It wasn't over powering and really complimented

Cortlyn had a pepperoni pizza- a classic kid's favorite! Also

Also came with sides, Yogurt and apple slices (I think that is apple slices… Maybe grapes???):

Corey had the meatball sub! He said that it was really tasty and that the sauce really made the sandwich for him!

The great thing about Catie? She just mooches off the rest of us!

I decided that I was going to ride the Jungle Cruise if I had to wait all night!!!! Okay, well, not really- but I did get a fastpass! We had a little wait, so we decided to take the girls on the Magic Carpets while we waited. Good use of your time, right?

Catie LOVED this ride. She didn't want to get off. I think we're seeing a theme!

Last edited by francis6306; 03-19-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #38
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Finally- it was time for nighttime Jungle Cruise! We still had a bit of a line in the FP queue, but it wasn't that bad. We had a good skipper- I forgot his name, but he REALLY reminded me of my nephew. Corey and I said several times that his jokes and the way he delivered his lines were JUST like our nephew!

Next, we zig zagged our way over to ride Winnie the Pooh!

Catie was FREAKING OUT! Winnie the Pooh is her FAVORITE! She sleeps with Winnie every night. I'm surprised she didn't try to jump out of the car!

We decided to head back to the resort. Corey and I were amazed at how much we got done! So, my advice to everyone… Don't go with friends or family to Disney!!!!! I think we got more done just the 4 of us than we did when we had another family that we were keeping up with. Of course, this advice does NOT apply to Shelley and her husband- because they are true Dis-er's and know how to get stuff done! No. We just went with first time Disney travelers on our first Disney family trip and it was hard. We don't really care about stopping to see shows at the castle or waiting around for a parade. I know, I know… that's probably blasphemy to some of you…

Last edited by francis6306; 03-19-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #39
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Your little girls are so adorable! How cute that Princess Tiana called your daughter by name - and the perfect timing of your pic of the girls running to meet their Daddy I'm glad Catie wasn't hurt!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #40
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Girls a cutie pies. Glad to hear, I hope. that YDD didn't get sick the rest of the trip. I do believe you have a future thrill rider in that girl.
"Cortlyn loved this meet and greet, because apparently, when Cortlyn walked up, Tiana clearly saw her name and referred to her as Cortlyn. Cortlyn's statement to me was "Momma! Tiana REMEMBERED MY NAME! She knew me when I walked up!" She didn't remember that she was wearing a shirt with her own name on it- she was just thrilled to meet a princess who knew HER! "
Just magical.
Me Luckylady (53) DH (60) DS#1 (33)DD (25) and the "baby" DS#2 (23)
Old 12-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #41
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am so glad the girls had such a good time. Yes, when people aren't holding you back, you can really get some stuff done. I noticed this trip how little we did compared to other times. But we still had fun.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #42
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Your little girls are so adorable! How cute that Princess Tiana called your daughter by name - and the perfect timing of your pic of the girls running to meet their Daddy I'm glad Catie wasn't hurt!
She had a little scrape on her knee, but nothing more than any other day at home! This child climbs all over EVERYTHING and is quite independent- do-it-myself type, so a small spill like this would have been forgotten other than the perfect timing of the picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Girls a cutie pies. Glad to hear, I hope. that YDD didn't get sick the rest of the trip. I do believe you have a future thrill rider in that girl.
"Cortlyn loved this meet and greet, because apparently, when Cortlyn walked up, Tiana clearly saw her name and referred to her as Cortlyn. Cortlyn's statement to me was "Momma! Tiana REMEMBERED MY NAME! She knew me when I walked up!" She didn't remember that she was wearing a shirt with her own name on it- she was just thrilled to meet a princess who knew HER! "
Just magical.
It was magical!! I love when the characters really step up to the plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am so glad the girls had such a good time. Yes, when people aren't holding you back, you can really get some stuff done. I noticed this trip how little we did compared to other times. But we still had fun.
Isn't it crazy? I think with the first trip, we had plenty of free time, but it was just when we were together there was the constant "Let's do this- no do that" type of conversation that drives me bonkers! We more or less know what we want to do and hit those things in order of importance- or fastpass time!

Old 12-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #43
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

That is really nice with Tiana.
I love those seats where you can watch the boats from IASW.
The food there is really good.
Jungle Cruise at night is great.

Quote:
So, my advice to everyone… Don't go with friends or family to Disney!
LOL. That cracked me up.

Great updates and pics.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #44
chiefdragon
DIS Veteran

Loving your report. You are right, it is so much easier traveling without family. I have done both and enjoy when it is just the 3 of us.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #45
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Great seeing the EIU shirt. Subscribing to a fellow Illinoisan! Love the pictures. Great looking family. You say you are about two hours from Indy. We live about two and a half from there. Twenty miles straight west of EIU in the little town of Windsor. I went to EIU in the 80's. It's a small world, after all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: