Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #16
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Despite the poopie diaper and one throwing up incident, it sounds like your travel days wasn't all that bad. The Nemo suite looks so cute!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 12-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #17
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Oh I'm so excited your trip report!!!!!!! Oh the girls look so cute, I love the mouse costume!!!
What an eventful trip... Ugggggg to that young lady... But thanks to the sweet lady that came to your help...
The rooms are so cute. You did good!!!! Lots of good planning!!!! or lots of planning or lots of what ifs... they all worked out!!!! You did great!!!!
I can't wait to read more...
TexasBelle
Carolyn

July 2006 - Once in a Lifetime - Surprise Trip - DH-42, DS#1-17, DS#2 - 15, DD - 12, Me - 43, BeachClub
September 2007 - DH-43, & Me - 44, BoardWalk - DW & DH take on the World, without kids... YEA!
September 2008 - DH - 44, DS#2 - 17, DD - 14, Me - 45, BFDH - ?, BF - ? & BFDS - 5, YachtClub... Taking our BF's To DisneyWorld
November 2009 - 1 Day, 4 Parks - DS#1 - 21 XH - 47, & Me - 46
January 2010 - DH - 46, DS#1 - 21 & ME - 46, Wilderness Lodge - Moving DS#1 to Golf School in Orlando
April 2011 - DS#1 - 22, DD - 16, XH - 48, XH's parents - Graduation of DS#1 - 1 day at DW
March 2012 - DD - 17, DDBF - 18 & Me - 49, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort & Spa - The 3 Cabellero-etts take a road trip, House Hunt and DW all during SB.
PreTrip Report - Moving the Princess to Disneyworld - Disney College Program. .
May 16 - 23, 2013 - DD - 19, XH - 51 & ME - 50, Off property -Embassy Suites - Disney College Program. Moving our Princess to DW to follow her Dream!
September 11 - 18, 2013 - DH - 49, ME - 50, DD - DCP - CM - Rae - 19, BeachClub.
November 4 - 10, 2014 - DH - 51 & Me - 51, - Hanging with Campbellscot's, - YachtClub
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #18
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fordisneyworld View Post
Lovin' the efficient packing!! I am getting better each trip we take

Cannot wait to hear about your trip!
I think the packing the kids clothes in ziplock bags by day helped… Did I mention that? Of course, when we were going home I just shoving stuff in those suitcases!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Joining in, cant wait to hear how the trip went!
Glad you have you along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
woohoo. Let the fun begin!!
How do you have time to read?? You must be superwoman!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Despite the poopie diaper and one throwing up incident, it sounds like your travel days wasn't all that bad. The Nemo suite looks so cute!
It really did go well considering! We plan on flying again, so it wasn't that bad, right?! The Nemo room was really awesome! I'd love to stay there again, but there are so many other places we want to stay too… oooh the tough choices we have to make for Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBelle View Post
Oh I'm so excited your trip report!!!!!!! Oh the girls look so cute, I love the mouse costume!!!
What an eventful trip... Ugggggg to that young lady... But thanks to the sweet lady that came to your help...
The rooms are so cute. You did good!!!! Lots of good planning!!!! or lots of planning or lots of what ifs... they all worked out!!!! You did great!!!!
I can't wait to read more...
TexasBelle
Carolyn
LOTS of planning and it all paid off!!!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 12-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #19
sbprincess
Mouseketeer

I found you!!! Didn't realize you had started.

Anyway - I am SUPER impressed with the amount you packed. Brian and I packed more for our trip and it was just the two of us. Although, if we had flown, I'm sure it would have been much different. Good job regardless, though!

I don't think you told me about the milk revisited Ew. But I don't think the story made you sound like a bad mom at all. But the lazy employee would have made me furious. I'm not sure I could have held back a b--chy comment.

The room looks so cute! The afternoon we spent over there was great but we didn't get to see any of the rooms inside. I love how Corey is already in the lazy-husband stance for the evening. I'm sure it had been a long day though!

1984 - 2002 Many visits with family (off site) * May 2005 Girls' Trip - POP Century * March 2008 Honeymoon - All Star Movies * May 2010 - Contemporary Resort (Trip Report) * December 2010 - POP Century * October 2011 - Contemporary Resort & Universal Studios (WWOHP!) * November 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Dining Report) * March 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort * May 2014 - Boardwalk Inn & Contemporary Theme Park View * July 2014 - Grand Floridian Girls Trip!!!!**
Old 12-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #20
hotveggy
Disney Lover

So glad I found this! We are staying in a Nemo suite in January ith a 3.5 yr old and an almost 2 year old. I am looking forward to reading more!

1984- off site,1991- off site,1998- off site,1999- visiting friend on CP,2001- off site with college roomie
2002- ASMo (first trip with DH),2003- ASMo,5/2005- POR/Disney Wonder (Honeymoon),12/2005- POP
2007- SSR,2008- ASMo (Grand Gathering)
Old 12-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #21
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife

OMG!! I feel your pain. I have 3 little girls, now ages 7,6, 3 but flying with them, when not feeling well.....UGH! I think you handled the airport issue great!!! Thank God she did not puke on the plane!! We are staying in a Nemo Suite in 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read more about how you liked it!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #22
francis6306
DIS Veteran

My goodness… I am sorry for falling behind this week! I have had to deal with quite a bit of family drama. Quick and dirty, I am the POA for my grandfather and we are dealing with how best to take care of him. Considering that I'm currently living 11 hours away from "home" it is VERY tough for me. Prayers, thoughts, good juju- whatever your flavor!- are appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbprincess View Post
I found you!!! Didn't realize you had started.

Anyway - I am SUPER impressed with the amount you packed. Brian and I packed more for our trip and it was just the two of us. Although, if we had flown, I'm sure it would have been much different. Good job regardless, though!

I don't think you told me about the milk revisited Ew. But I don't think the story made you sound like a bad mom at all. But the lazy employee would have made me furious. I'm not sure I could have held back a b--chy comment.

The room looks so cute! The afternoon we spent over there was great but we didn't get to see any of the rooms inside. I love how Corey is already in the lazy-husband stance for the evening. I'm sure it had been a long day though!
OMG! Did I not text you that night?!?!

Oh and Corey was DONE. He was just ready for the luggage to get there so we could go to SLEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotveggy View Post
So glad I found this! We are staying in a Nemo suite in January ith a 3.5 yr old and an almost 2 year old. I am looking forward to reading more!
You will LOVE IT!!! The Nemo suites are in a great location and just so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore718 View Post
OMG!! I feel your pain. I have 3 little girls, now ages 7,6, 3 but flying with them, when not feeling well.....UGH! I think you handled the airport issue great!!! Thank God she did not puke on the plane!! We are staying in a Nemo Suite in 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read more about how you liked it!!!
Awe! 3 girls! Girls are just so sweet- but I'm not looking forward to the teenage years! You will LOVE the suite! It's really perfect for a family!

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
Old 12-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #23
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

Following along

Glad you daughter had no other issues!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #24
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I forgot to mention that it was nearly 11pm before our luggage made it's way up to our room. I knew it could take a while, but I felt like that took a little too long. I am glad we didn't have to deal with the luggage at the airport, but I kind of wish that I had packed Corey and I some jammies so we could have gone to bed when we got in there. Oh well… live and learn!

So, I had planned that we would get to the park SUPER early on our first day at the Magic Kingdom. I had Mickey/Minnie attire for us girls, so I thought we might have a chance to be the "family" that helps open the park. Well, of course, with the night we had… that didn't happen! With Catie being sick the night before, we kind of took it easy that morning.

Eating a quick breakfast in the room! We packed oatmeal and the girls ate that every morning before we left. (I spread it out on the plate to cool down quickly for Catie to eat it! The paper bowls were great for the oatmeal!)

Here was my "Morning Shot" of the girls. I got a picture of the girls in their stroller every morning- JUST in case there was an emergency and one of them got away from us. Never was a problem, but it made me feel better anyway!

We got in line for the MK bus. And I read right before I left that AoA was having issues with the MK buses, and I have to say they were all correct. I swear we would see 2 buses for other parks come and go while waiting for an MK bus.

When we got to the Park, we had to show Cortlyn how to use her KTTW card. She didn't have one last trip and she was so excited to be a "big kid" and have a card! It was about 9:30 and thanks to Morning EMH, we were enjoying a not-so-crowded park! We got some PhotoPass pictures (sorry! Haven't gotten the CD yet!!! I'll add them later!)

I ran over to see if the Harmony Barber shop was open and it was not. They do not open early with the park. We saw that Snow White was over beside guest relations, so we hopped in that line! She was so sweet! Cortlyn was just amazed! I was a BAD mom, because Catie has a Snow White dress and I had left it in the room. Oh well! It happens! Didn't make the moments any less special though!

After Snow White, we jumped in line because "Everybody!! Everybody!!! Everybody wants to be a CAT!" and met Marie! I just LOVE the Aristocats!

This was Catie's FIRST character that she wasn't so sure about! She seemed really excited in line, but then… we walked up… aaaand… Not so much!

After this, I saw there was a line starting at the Barber Shop. For background here… Cortlyn got her FIRST haircut ever at the HBS on our first trip. And for the last TWO years, Cortlyn has told me she can ONLY get her hair cut at Disney World! I convinced her to let my friend "trim" her hair a little bit about a year ago, but that was pushing it. Anyway, I got in line and there were a few people in front of me, but no big deal. I sent Corey to go get a Cinnamon Roll from the Bakery!!!!! He and Catie spent some time just wondering around waiting on us.

Waiting on her cut!

She had the same guy cut her hair on this trip as well!

While I LOVE the HBS and this is NO way their fault, Cortlyn would NOT keep her head still and they had plenty of people waiting. The man did the best he could, but now that we are home- her hair is NOT very even. It's not a huge deal, because she has a slight curl/wave to her hair, so *I* can tell. She's happy with it. We had about 4 inches cut off, and it is STILL so long! Oh and Corey also ran over and got us FP's for the Princesses and Mickey!

Last edited by francis6306; 03-19-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #25
francis6306
DIS Veteran

On towards the park! Mandatory Castle shot!

We walked to the left- Counter Clockwise!! and saw that Tinkerbell and Periwinkle were set up waiting on us!

The "entry"… I think it's suppose to make you feel like you are being shrunk with pixie dust being sprinkled on you!

Up first, Tink!

Then Periwinkle! This gal was SOOO tiny!!! OMG… super petite and skinny!

I couldn't believe how many characters we were getting out the way so quickly!!! And honestly, the crowds didn't SEEM that bad! There was never a day the WHOLE week that we felt like we were in the middle of level 9 crowds, but that's what TP's was predicting for the week! Yes, lets be clear- there was a LOT of people there, but it never once felt like we were cattle shoved together in a crowd, you know?

After Tink and Periwinkle, Cortlyn said she wanted to ride It's a small world, so we made our way over to go ride our FIRST ride!! (I had a picture here… but it was actually the WRONG picture! I'm not sure why or how we missed our first ride picture!)

Now, my notes don't say (I know!! Bad me!) But at SOME point, we had gotten FP's for Dumbo. I know that because we didn't play in the queue the first MK day.

AUGH… My photobucket pictures are out of order… Have to deal with that and I'll be back!

Last edited by francis6306; 03-19-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #26
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Your room is so neat! I want to stay there! Someday I'll have enough people going with me to get a suite! haha
And is it just me or does Marie have a bit of a lazy eye!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #27
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Great MK morning! Awesome that you were able to get several characters out of the way first thing
Old 12-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #28
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
Your room is so neat! I want to stay there! Someday I'll have enough people going with me to get a suite! haha
And is it just me or does Marie have a bit of a lazy eye!
HA! I just went back and checked and you are right! Great- now that will bug me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Great MK morning! Awesome that you were able to get several characters out of the way first thing
And you know, I'm not even a big "character" person. I know, I know… I love the pictures, but we don't do autograph books or anything.

Speaking of… I actually and bought some storybooks that I thought we could have the characters sign while we were there. I was excited about it. Well, of course, I give them to Cortlyn and share my idea and she looked at me like I had 3 eyeballs. "But Momma! We don't draw in books!!!" What can I say? She clearly knows the rules in this house! I tried everything to convince her that it would be okay for THIS trip and THESE books, but it was a no-go. Oh well. She still loves the books!

Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #29
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Wow!!!!
The girls are so adorable....
Their shirts are fabulous!!!
Plus the pictures of them with Marie & the Fairies are priceless. I also love the family picture... Dad is one happy fellow with all of his girls!!!
The weather looks great and
So glad that Catie was feeling better, looks like she was ready to eat.
Can't wait to read more.
TexasBelle
Carolyn

July 2006 - Once in a Lifetime - Surprise Trip - DH-42, DS#1-17, DS#2 - 15, DD - 12, Me - 43, BeachClub
September 2007 - DH-43, & Me - 44, BoardWalk - DW & DH take on the World, without kids... YEA!
September 2008 - DH - 44, DS#2 - 17, DD - 14, Me - 45, BFDH - ?, BF - ? & BFDS - 5, YachtClub... Taking our BF's To DisneyWorld
November 2009 - 1 Day, 4 Parks - DS#1 - 21 XH - 47, & Me - 46
January 2010 - DH - 46, DS#1 - 21 & ME - 46, Wilderness Lodge - Moving DS#1 to Golf School in Orlando
April 2011 - DS#1 - 22, DD - 16, XH - 48, XH's parents - Graduation of DS#1 - 1 day at DW
March 2012 - DD - 17, DDBF - 18 & Me - 49, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort & Spa - The 3 Cabellero-etts take a road trip, House Hunt and DW all during SB.
PreTrip Report - Moving the Princess to Disneyworld - Disney College Program. .
May 16 - 23, 2013 - DD - 19, XH - 51 & ME - 50, Off property -Embassy Suites - Disney College Program. Moving our Princess to DW to follow her Dream!
September 11 - 18, 2013 - DH - 49, ME - 50, DD - DCP - CM - Rae - 19, BeachClub.
November 4 - 10, 2014 - DH - 51 & Me - 51, - Hanging with Campbellscot's, - YachtClub
Old 12-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #30
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Hi,
Followed you over form someones report. Great report so far. Sorry she got sick but thankfully seems better.

AofA is a nice resort.

Great pics.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: