Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
fbarker
Mouseketeer

Just Back - March 24- 29, 2013

We just got back from WDW yesterday here are a few observations, thoughts, experiences:

1. First, it was super sunny all week except Sunday the 24th. This was good news and bad news.
2. The Good news was that it was sunny the rest of the week, the bad news is the rain brought a front in and Orlando set records for some of the coldest days in March. Glad we brought some layers and jeans!!
3. Ate at Le Cellier on Sunday
A. Reservations were at 6:05pm, we checked in at 6:00pm
B. We did not get seated until 6:35pm and this was after we talked to the receptionist and asked what was taking so long. Lesson learned is that they do not have many tables for two people and they are not willing to use a 4 person table to sit a party of two, even if they have been waiting for a long time.
C. Our table was right in the middle of the room so it was very busy around us with the wait staff as well as patrons coming and going.
D. The food was very very good. But I believe that a Signature Restaurant should be a bit more intimate. The cost should be reflective of the quality of the food and the quality of the eating experience.
4. Flower Power Concert- The Guess Who. It was a great time with a lot of energy and fun. A great way to start our week.
5. We then went over to MK to see new Fantasy Land. This turned out to be a great idea. We walked up to Enchanted Tales w/Belle: While not really an adult attraction to see it once was nice. We also walked right on to Under the Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid. Again this is a very nice ride for the youngones but it was very enjoyable for both me and my wife. The balance of the week both these attractions has waits of way over an hour and half.
6. Also were able to get on Laugh Factory and Buzz Lightyear.
More to come......
Old 03-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

We were in WDW the 23rd thru the 28th. We always go around this time in March, and we've never had temps in the 50s during the day! Our APs expired the 24th, and we were anticipating swimming the rest of the time. Oh, well. Sunday we had a beautiful morning at AK, and got back to BoardWalk at 2 pm - just minutes before the monsoon!

We also saw the Guess Who, they put on a great show! We really enjoyed it.

I agree with what you said about Le Cellier. The cost of the signature restaurants is not reflective of the experience so we stopped going to them - the only restaurant on WDW property we go to now is BlueZoo.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/27/14 WDW**April 2-6 WDW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Tink-n-Belle
DIS Veteran

I just moved to Florida in July so this was our 1st full winter here, but March was colder than NOV, DEC JAN and FEB...

I almost had to turn the heat on thursday, but refused to do so.

We were at Disney the week of the 9th and it was really nice during the day but a little chilly at night.

Glad you had a great time.

BWV 12,11,10,09,08,07, 06(2) *BLT 13,12,11,10 *BCV 13,12,06 *AKV 08*VB 06,08 & 09*Cont 02 *Poly 86 *Grand Floridian 88 *All Stars 94 & 04 *Club villas 84,85,87,90,92 & 99 *offsite 83,81,80,76 &73
Old 04-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
disneyjunkie
I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

Can't wait to read more.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
Kay1
Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!
The only tricky part is judging when the actual boiling begins

Sounds like you had a great time. We spent the week in the Keys and we pretty much froze. Glad you bundled up and kept having fun!

Old 04-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
danny1649
Will be wearing some lime green
I just love to dance
Armed with this information I might be able to out score DW for once

DISboards Moderator

Moved Your Post Here

Due to an increase in the number of Live Report and Just Back threads, the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies Moderator Team has decided to start moving these over to our trip report forum. The purpose of the theme parks attractions and strategies board is to help people find valuable information to plan their trips, discuss the attractions, and changes that are happening at Disney World.

Live trip reports, and just back threads are really a better fit for our trip report board. You can find the trip report forum here:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

We know that everyone loves to talk about their trips, and we do love to hear about everyone's trips. So, please share your trip stories, and read about other trip stories over on our trip report forum.Thanks Danny

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: