Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #16
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Joining in from our FB group! Cant wait to hear all the details!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #17
Sweets McGee
Earning My Ears

Another Nov. Dis FB'er here! Love the TR so far and can't wait to read more!!
I LOVE that you were able to surprise your Mom with the AK Villas. That is so special! I'm planning a surprise trip to DL for my Mom and I cannot wait to see her face when she finds out! She hasn't been in 30+ years.

(ME) and (DH)

*Wilderness Lodge-October 2008-F&W/MNSSHP* *Grand Californian-October 2010-MNSSHP* *Grand Californian-October 2011-MNSSHP*
*Wilderness Lodge-November 2012-F&W/MVMCP* *Port Orleans Riverside-November 2014-MVMCP*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #18
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I love it so far!! Your children look so much like you!!!
Congratulations on the 3rd one! We are currently debating on having a third but want to wait until our youngest is at least two to try! ))
We are from South Carolina as well- Prosperity!
Cant wait to read more!
Second Star to the Right And Straight On till Morning
April 2006- Offsite DH ( was BF) first time
December 2005- Offsite ( Engaged at Magic Kingdom)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-Disney All Star Sports ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012-1 night at Port Orleans FQ
September 2012- 1 night at Art of Animation
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort

Old 01-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #19
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Most horrible DISer *ever*! Poor trip report has been neglected for far too long! Pregnancy and life took over and I've been SO busy! Finally settled down, morning sickness is over and I'm ready to rock with this report!!

TONS of photos uploading and an update coming later today!! Stay tuned for lunch at Sanaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allieran3 View Post
I'm in. Can't wait to read along as we were there at the sametime Will start my own TR after finals are over lol.
Welcome aboard!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Joining in from our FB group! Cant wait to hear all the details!
Welcome, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets McGee View Post
Another Nov. Dis FB'er here! Love the TR so far and can't wait to read more!!
I LOVE that you were able to surprise your Mom with the AK Villas. That is so special! I'm planning a surprise trip to DL for my Mom and I cannot wait to see her face when she finds out! She hasn't been in 30+ years.
Welcome aboard!! I'm SO happy I could surprise her - she was SO excited!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
I love it so far!! Your children look so much like you!!!
Congratulations on the 3rd one! We are currently debating on having a third but want to wait until our youngest is at least two to try! ))
We are from South Carolina as well- Prosperity!
Cant wait to read more!

Welcome aboard fellow South Carolinian!! Thanks for the congrats - we have finally gotten over the shock and couldn't be happier

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 01-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #20
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Just before we left for lunch at Sanaa there was a knock at the door and our luggage arrived! Great time - less than an hour after we arrived to our room! We stashed our bags away behind the couch since we wouldn't need anything in them until our next 'leg' of our vacation and we headed down to Sanaa!

Again I realized what a walk it was to the lobby area! My goodness - it was crazy!! Never, ever, ever, ever, never again!

We arrived at Sanaa ahead of our reservation but they were able to be seated right away!! We had asked for a window/savannah view table when we checked in but were told it was a 45-60 minute wait so we opted to go ahead and be seated! The restaurant was beautiful!

We were seated at a 1/2 booth and Ava quickly settled in and was of course thrilled with her Disney kid's menu!

The kiddos both ordered chocolate milk (complementary for Levi since he was under 3) and my mom and I both ordered the lemonade with (passionfruit/berry??) foam. It was tart and delish!!

We decided to order the bread service & dips and also the potato and pea samosas for our appetizers. Ava decided on the strawberries & grapes. The strawberries and grapes were fresh and our server brought both kids their own bowl overflowing with fruit which was very kind! The potato and pea samosas were very tasty and were served piping hot with a spicy/sweet dipping sauce. Unfortunately no pictures of those since Levi was getting VERY cranky and within a few minutes ended up like this....

The bread service was delicious! We ordered Pappadum and Naan along with Cucumber Raita, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, and Mango Chutney. I didn't care for the crispy pappadum, but the naan was absolutely wonderful!! All of the dips were wonderful - the roasted red pepper hummus was slightly spicy and wonderful, the mango chutney was sweet yet tangy, and the cucumber raita was cool and creamy! They were all wonderful!

Ava ordered the kid's "mickeyrooni & cheese" and veggies and devoured the mickeyrooni and looked at the veggies with disdain She said the mickeyrooni was very yummy and better because it was mickey mouse shaped!

For my entree I decided to have the 'famous' butter chicken. I also ordered the beef shortribs and the rice pilaf. The pilaf was well seasoned, tender, and great! The shortribs were just ok - they were kinda fatty. The butter chicken - oh my goodness this was divine! I LOVED having so much of the sauce so that I could drench my pilaf with the sauce! It was so good I wished I had ordered double butter chicken and no pilaf. This was a wonderful dish and I really enjoyed it!

My mom decided on the butter chicken, basmati rice, and shrimp with green curry sauce. She also thought the entire dish was wonderful! She mixed her rice in with the butter chicken and commented that the shrimp with the green curry sauce was to die for! The green curry sauce was her favorite - she said it was very light yet spicy and the shrimp was perfectly cooked.

For dessert I went with the trio! I considered asking for just all 3 chai creams since I had heard such wonderful things about it, but decided I'd try all three instead! The chai cream lived up to my expectations!! It was creamy, spicy, and just absolutely wonderful!! I didn't care for the chocolate cake - it was pretty standard cake in my opinion. The tropical fruit kulfi was really good too - it was creamy and lightly refreshing! I really enjoyed the dessert and Ava enjoyed that I didn't like my chocolate cake!

My mom decided to have the banana kulfi sundae and she loved it!! I was a really awesome spin on a traditional 'banana split'. She especially loved the spiced cashews!

Ava finished her meal with a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwhich which she thought was just 'ok'.

Total with tax came to $82.30, we used 3 credits on the Deluxe Dining Plan

Sanaa was a great meal!! We all really, really, really enjoyed our meal and Levi definitely enjoyed his nap!!! Overall it's a of 3 for all of us!!

Feb 2014 TR - click HERE

Last edited by DsnyMama; 01-27-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #21
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #22
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Sanaa looks delish! 1 day I need to stay at AKL for the night so I can eat at all their wonderful dining locations.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #23
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!
Welcome aboard!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Sanaa looks delish! 1 day I need to stay at AKL for the night so I can eat at all their wonderful dining locations.
It so was!! I am craving the butter chicken right now!! It was seriously the BEST flavor ever!

Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 01-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #24
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

I'm in!

I'd really like to try Sanaa... the food in other people's trip reports always looks fabulous!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
Old 01-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #25
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Amber I can not believe how far from the lobby your room was. Lunch at Sanna looked good. Can not wait to read more

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #26
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
I'm in!

I'd really like to try Sanaa... the food in other people's trip reports always looks fabulous!
Welcome aboard! Sanaa is a must-try no doubt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Amber I can not believe how far from the lobby your room was. Lunch at Sanna looked good. Can not wait to read more
It was seriously insane. Insane. Never again.

Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 02-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #27
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Life has me busy again!! School is kicking into full gear and the kids keep me busy as ever of course! But without further delay - an update!

Our first official Disney dinner during this trip was one that I was actually looking forward to the most - California Grill! We have had some amazing experiences here and I couldn't wait to be there again!

I snagged the perfect reservation just 15 minutes before Wishes began and oh wow was it perfect!! We actually headed over to the Contemporary a little early and arrived about 30 minutes before our reservation. Luckily we were able to be seated right away!

We were seated at the most perfect window-side table! A bit of to start the night of right!

Our server quickly took our drink orders - chocolate milk for both kids, orange roobios tea for grammy, water and a ginger ale for me. He also brought out warm bread that was perfectly crusty on the outside and deliciously chewy and soft on the inside! Salted butter was included.

Ava and Levi decided to split the kid's fruit salad and they were both very pleased! This fruit salad had a ton of variety compared to some of the fruit salads that consisted of just 2 types of fruits. They quickly gobbled up the entire bowl! Our server also brought the kiddos a bowl of goldfish when he brought our bread.

I was feeling especially queasy tonight so opted for something I thought would be easy on my stomach. Triple Cheese Flatbread - Pecorino, Asiago, and Provolone with Sun-dried Tomato and Arugula Pesto. This was excellent! The flatbread itself was perfectly done and crispy on the edges yet soft on the inside! The variety of cheeses was wonderful and the pesto was delish! I opted for no sun-dried tomato. Levi thought it was great too and ate over 1/2 of it!

Grammy was feeling adventurous and decided to try sushi for the first time ever! I suggested a mild favorite - California Roll. She thought it was very fresh and enjoyed the included wasabi! Not her favorite she said, but she was thrilled she tried it!

My sweet girl....

And my pirate!

We were given ample time to finish our appetizers and our server checked with us before bringing our entrees which I really appreciated since I've been at quite a few WDW restaurants where I felt very rushed between courses.

Ava & Levi decided to split the mickeyrooni and cheese and as you can see one of them was quite eager to dig in! They both really enjoyed this and I thought it was good too! Creamy and rich and very "real" tasting despite it's day-go orange color!

Grammy opted for the jumbo scallops and boy were they jumbo! It was served with a corn risotto which she thought was absolutely divine. She loved this meal and still talks about wanting more! The scallops were like butter and perfectly cooked.

I chose my favorite CG dish - Grilled Pork Tenderloin - with Goat Cheese Polenta, Roasted Mushrooms, Zinfandel Glaze, and Sage. Unfortunately the pork wasn't going down well - I'm sure it was wonderful but all day sickness was kicking my butt. Levi appreciated it however and ate one and half of the medallions! I did each all the goat cheese polenta with the glaze however and it was wonderful!

You can see he enjoyed his dinner!

And they did too!

As we were finishing our entrees we were alerted that the fireworks would begin very soon! We opted to stay seated instead of heading out on the patio area since we had the most perfect view already! The lights were dimmed and the show began!

When the fireworks ended I spotted Ava & Levi like this....

Nothing like Disney to bring out the sibling love....

While we waited for dessert Ava found a friend!

They enjoyed talking about all the rides they could see and imagining what the inside of Cinderella Castle looked like!

Soon dessert was served. The kids split a traditional ice cream sundae (picture MIA) and enjoyed it!

I opted for Heather's Cookie Sampler. Unfortunately I don't remember the technical names for each item but I do know it was good. I do know there was a chocolate cupcake spiced with cayenne pepper and it was lovely! I didn't enjoy the whoopie pies but the kids quickly gobbled them down! The peanut butter cake pop was wonderful as was the tiny cup of chocolate mouse!

Grammy opted for the Pear Tart with Almond Ice Cream and said it was spiced wonderfully and the ice cream was decadent!

We thanked our server, paid for our meal, and headed towards the monorail!

We were lucky enough to pass over just as the Electric Water Pageant was making it's way across and it was so nice to watch from the monorail!

We made our way back to Animal Kingdom Villas - down the loooooooooooooong hall to our room - and off to bed!

Feb 2014 TR - click HERE

Last edited by DsnyMama; 05-31-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #28
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

I love CG!!! We had a wonderful meal there in late Dec. Cant wait to see what the place is like after it reopens from rehab.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:24 PM   #29
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

A life update!! WOW it's been awhile since I've been on the DIS.... The semester was a SUPER busy one, some minor pregnancy complications to add in more craziness, and overall busy mommy - this TR has been lacking!

Thankfully the semester is over and I am done with school until September! Now I can focus on my sweet little one coming in just a few short weeks and - YES - finish this TR up! We haven't even made it to the first full day at WDW yet!

A brief catch up! We found out baby #3 is indeed a little girl and we are naming her Aspen Elyse Plyler. I'm now right at 33 weeks pregnant - still due 7/21!

Here's my 32 week belly picture! She sure is growing, growing, growing!

We had a 3D/4D ultrasound done just a few days ago and got some amazing pictures of our princess! She was wide awake and gave us such a great show!

Her eyes are open here, umbilical cord wrapped around her wrist, and hand over mouth!

I love her sweet, chubby little arms already!

Cord all up by her face, but I swear she looks like she's smiling/laughing here!

Chewing on her cord

And a huge, big yawn!

We are SUPER excited - around 7-ish weeks to go! My mom thinks she'll be a June baby, I vote August, hubby votes July - she's due 7/21 - so we'll see!

DISNEY update coming TONIGHT

Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 06-01-2013, 04:38 AM   #30
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I can not believe the time has flown by so fast and it is almost time for your new little one to make her appearance . Love the name!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: