Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #91
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

MERRY (belated) CHRISTMAS!

I hope y'all had a wonderful day with your families. And I hope Santa brought you everything you wanted!
As a very late Christmas gift, I will have an update posted ASAP. I haven't been able to write because we have been running around like crazy and we had to see "the other people." It was a lot of fun to say the least...

Last edited by LifeIsDis; 12-26-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #92
LifeIsDis

Goats and Glitzy

I bet y’all were jumping up and down and cheering when you saw in my title “NEW 12/28x2” Finally, an update, I know! TWO UPDATES! I mean, it’s taken me so long to write one because I have been enjoying my time with “the other people” over the holidays so much. I hope you can see the sarcasm there… Ok, ok. Let’s start this thing!

So five million years ago—well actually 8 days ago…—we were off to go visit some goats and some pigs. Mum and Mimi stood outside and watched us since they didn’t want to mess up their outfits, hair, or anything else.

I brought Troy in and then Seth and Jackie joined us.

Troy picked up a brush and then continued to run around the area trying to brush a goat.

On the move…

And you’re welcome for the picture of a goat’s behind.

Watchin’ the goats…eat sand?

IT’S GLITZY!!!!

Oink oink!

Where’s Honey Boo Boo at?!

I don’t blame this goat for running away. Those kids are scary!

Troy was done with the goats and Glitzy, so we washed our hands and then headed back down to the train station.

A train came soon and we had a nice train ride back to Africa.

Once we got back, “the other people” had to unfold the stroller, have Troy get inside, make sure he was comfortable… It was a process. Which was just stupid since we he was going to get out of it in two seconds anyway!

So Mum and I went ahead and waited for “the other people.”

We took a wonderful picture together, as you can see.

JUST LOOK AT THE DISNEY DETAILS AT THE TRAIN STATION ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Reason 247489658934658964895689645 why I love Animal Kingdom.

FINALLY, “the other people” were done getting Troy all set and it was time to use our FPs!

So we headed for the FP line and oh my dear god. The line was all the way back to the Pangani Trail! And this was the Fastpass line for cryin’ out loud! I mean, the line felt like it went on forever. There were people everywhere and I was holding Mum’s hand while trying to lead the way, not loose anyone, and crowd dodge people. It was pure craziness. Finally, I saw the end of the line and it was like the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

CMs were telling us that it would only be a 10 minute wait and I didn’t believe that AT ALL. The line was HUGE and I knew we were going to be waiting a while even though we had FPs and all.

I was wrong.

Seriously, we got up to the front in like 5 minutes. Don’t ask me how.

Time for a safari!

I got the edge again which I was very happy about.

I sat in one row with Mum and Mimi and then “the other people (minus one)” sat behind us.

Troy looks like an old man in this picture.

So once we started going, Troy wanted his goldfish and I told “the other people (minus one)” he couldn’t eat since oh I don’t know, THEY TELL YOU YOU CAN’T. Seth was like “Oh, its fine!” I just turned around and rolled my eyes.

The 100000 animal pictures will be in the next update, since I take so many and they will exceed the 25 photo limit.

Last edited by LifeIsDis; 12-28-2012 at 12:08 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #93
LifeIsDis

Another chapter full of animal pictures

Ready for another update full of animal pictures? Yes? No? Well if you answered no then I don’t know what to tell you.

So we journeyed back into the African savannah for a two week trip. Good thing we packed a lot of goldfish…

First up were the okapis!

Then we saw the hippos AND THEY WERE OUT OF THE WATER. I have never seen them like that and it was so cool.

They are really big and wrinkly…like someone I know… I LOVE YOU MUM! ♥

Giraffes!

It looks like Troy is trying to speak some animal language. MAYBE HE SPEAKS CROCODILIAN! OMG!

Waiting to see some more animals…

I have no clue what was so funny…

Wrinkly big creatures (no, not hippos...or someone else...)!

Then we saw some more rhinos and they crossed right in front of us again because they are so nice and all.

They were coming SO close to us and Troy was flipping out. He was so excited!

Rhino booty!

Then all of a sudden, we came up on the lions and ONE WAS OUT AND AWAKE. It was AMAZING. He sat right up when we went by, which was an AWESOME picture opportunity!

Just look at him!

An ostrich. Not as cool as the lion.

Ostrich booty!

Why do I have so many pictures of the ostrich and NOT THE WORLD’S MOST AMAZING ANIMAL AKA THE WARTHOG?!?! Seriously, I don’t have ONE picture of a warthog from this safari. WHAT THE CRAP IS WRONG WITH ME?! You woulda—yes woulda is a real word—thought I woulda had 500000 pictures of the young warthogs. SO MAD AT MYSELF.

And last but not least, zebras!

Our two week journey came to an end very quickly and no, we did not get eaten by any animals because SOME people had food out… I wonder who that could be.

If you have time, I would definitely go on more than one safari while at Animal Kingdom. Just like your tour guide says at the end of the safari, you will always have a different experience!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #94
melmar136
DIS Veteran

haha Meg. You are a riot. I say that with sarcasm, if you couldn't tell. Nice hippo comment. I think a few of your Christmas presents might go missing....
Old 12-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #95
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Old 12-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #96
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
haha Meg. You are a riot. I say that with sarcasm, if you couldn't tell. Nice hippo comment. I think a few of your Christmas presents might go missing....
Oh you're welcome Mum! I thought you would like that comment. LOVE YA!
OMG NOOOO!!!! Don't take my Kindle away! I couldn't live without Temple Run!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #98
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc

So THAT's where you have been ......

Did ya get the Brave version of it ??
I think my brain is rotting because I have been playing it nonstop.
OF COURSE I DID.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #99
chiefdragon
DIS Veteran

You TR is amazing....I have been on the type of trip you are talking about here. There were 13 of us and only 4 of us could get to the right place at the right time. After about the 3rd day, I told DH I had enough and was going to do my own thing.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #100
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefdragon View Post
You TR is amazing....I have been on the type of trip you are talking about here. There were 13 of us and only 4 of us could get to the right place at the right time. After about the 3rd day, I told DH I had enough and was going to do my own thing.
Thank you!!!
I don't think I could do a trip with 13 people, especially with 9 (look at my mad math skills!) that couldn't be at the right place at the right time. And I thought 3 people were bad!
I wish Mum and I could've done our own thing. Sadly, that couldn't be a choice with 3 clueless people and a little kid.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #101
LifeIsDis

Starvation, FOOD, and trees

Next, we headed into Asia. We stopped in front of Yak & Yeti and decided to get lunch at the Yak & Yeti quick service. I don’t know the name of it, but it doesn’t really matter. If it does matter to you, I’m sorry.
“The other people” all had to go to the bathroom and I told them there was one down by Everest. But nooooo. They wanted to find one for themselves. JUST TRYING TO HELP.

Before they left, I got everyone’s tickets and headed down to Everest to get FPs of course.

And it was basically a sea of people down there. I could barely move and I was trying to dodge people like it was my job. It was pure craziness.

IT IS SO CROWDED OMG

Once I got down there, I went right up to a FP booth and got FPs for 4:30-5:30.

While I was getting the fastpasses, I overheard a conversation between a CM and a Stupid Guest. Those conversations are the best, really.
So this Stupid Guest was asking the CM what “other rides there were” in a snotty little attitude. The CM was telling this Stupid Guest very nicely and this Stupid Guest was rolling her eyes like “why isn’t there much to do here?” Ummm…DID YOU JUST COME HERE FOR THE RIDES?!!?! ANIMAL KINGDOM IS MUCH MORE THAN RIDES. STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES FOR ONCE.

And I’m done now.

Sooooo, after I got the fastpasses, I headed back to the Yak & Yeti area and Mum was standing with Troy, who was passed out in his stroller. So I ended up standing with him while Mum got in the 3 mile line to order our food.
While I was standing with Troy, I was getting very light headed. Awesome. I knew I needed food right then. I couldn’t wait to get my lunch because I was extremely hungry. And when I get hungry…well, I get in a very bad mood.

It wasn’t like I could just leave Troy there by himself so I had to wait for “the other people” to get back so I could find something to eat. Yes, they weren’t back yet and they had been gone for over 10 minutes. If they would just listen to me for once…

Finally I saw Mimi and basically ran up to her with Troy and told her to watch him while I went on the hunt for something to eat.

I ran up to Mum in line and asked for some money to get something, even though I had like five hundred dollars in my backpack…

She said to find something sweet and gave me some cash.

Then I saw the Royal Anandapur Tea Company and sprinted for my life. I got in line and saw the big case of baked goods. GET IN MY TUMMY, I was thinking.

Once it was my turn, I ordered, and then the CM gave me my giant cookie. COME TO MAMA.

And yes, I had to take a food picture. I am a DISer, so food pictures come first, even if you are about to pass out because you are so ridiculously hungry.

I ate my cookie and became very happy since I had food in my tummy.

I went to stand with Mum and Mimi and Troy went to look for a table. Seth and Jackie were also in line ordering.

Mimi and Troy had no luck so I headed into the little seating area to look. And then I saw a family getting up. I rushed over to the table and stood about two feet away so I could grab it. But I guess that wasn’t close enough because once I was about to sit down, a woman who spoke no English whatsoever came over and sat right down. OH NO SHE DIDN’T.
I was so mad, but it’s not like I could tell her off because of 1) I was in Disney, 2) She wouldn’t understand what I was saying and 3) I didn’t want the Disney police to be after me.

I hate people. I really do.

I headed back to Mum and told her I couldn’t find a table. Well I DID find one, but I guess Stupid Guests are more important.

FINALLY, we got our food and by then, Mimi finally found a table towards the back of the seating area.

We all sat down and had our lunch.

Since I am five and all, I got chicken fingers, and they came with grapes and a cookie (YES!!).

I am NOT a picky eater at all, but nothing on the menu sounded good to me at the moment.
The chicken fingers were just all right, but oh my god, THOSE GRAPES. I don’t know why, but those packaged Disney grapes that have been sitting there for only God knows how long are SO GOOD. They were nice and cold and so yummy. I ate those puppies right up.

Mum got the beef lo mien, and she really enjoyed it.

She said that it was like the same amount of food that you get at the Yak & Yeti sit down and was just as good. And plus it’s half the price.

While we were finishing up, Troy woke up and said he was hungry. So Seth shared some of his food and I took five hundred pictures of Troy eating. Don’t ask me why.

I don’t know why, BUT THIS IS SO CUTE TO ME. AND LOOK AT THOSE SUNGLASSES.

Troy had my cookie that came with my meal since I just had a giant one and all.

THIS IS JUST SO CUTE.

And that concludes the pictures of Troy eating that y’all probably didn’t want to see.

I told Mum that the Royal Anandapur Tea Company had a ton of tea that she would probably like so we headed back over there after we cleaned up, since we aren't Stupid Guests that think the CMs will just clean everything up for them.

Mum got the honey vanilla rooibos tea and she thought it was AMAZING. She raves about it all the time.

Before we headed out of Africa, I pin traded at the DVC kiosk, which is right next to the Tea Company.

Next, we headed over to Camp Minnie Mickey because Troy was DYING to meet Mickey. Surprise, surprise Mickey isn’t just at “the park,” YOU IDIOTS.

If you didn’t know, Camp Minnie Mickey has TONS of themed character trees. They are all so cute and I took a lot of pictures of them, duh.

Chip and Dale tree.

Pluto.

Possibly Brother Bear? I don’t know.

Nemo.

You can’t really tell, but this is Lilo & Stitch.

We got in line to meet Mickey and Troy was SO excited.

Time to meet Mickey!

We were next in line and then Mickey’s handler CM dude person (that was her name) told us Mickey was going to take a break. And once Mickey started walking away, Troy flipped. He thought Mickey was leaving and he wasn’t going to meet him. I get like that too, so I understand Troy’s pain…

We told him Mickey was coming back and he calmed down.

Mickey’s area was nicely decorated for Christmas.

In like two minutes, Mickey came back and oh my god, Troy went NUTS.

Last edited by LifeIsDis; 01-08-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #102
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

OMG GPOY with getting hungry! I get agitated so easily when I'm hungry! My mom compared me to the snickers commercials lol!

Ugh stupid guests! *eye twitch* I forgot to add in my TR that there was a group of foreign guests that were in France while we were eating our chocolate croissants, and when they were done they just got up and left all their garbage on the table... How rude..

DON'T SHOW ME PICTURES OF LO MEIN

Same food, cheaper price?! OMG thank you for that tidbit of info!!
Old 01-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #104
iluvdoombuggies
Mouseketeer

I love your safari pictures. I NEVER get good pics on the safari so I am in awe of yours. I so love the warthog!!

'77 Off-Site 10/97 Dixie Landings 8/98 Poly/ASM 8/01 Off-Site 9/06 Pop 1/07 AS Sports 10/07 AKL 6/11 POR

Old 01-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #105
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
OMG GPOY with getting hungry! I get agitated so easily when I'm hungry! My mom compared me to the snickers commercials lol!

Same here. When I need food, I NEED IT. I mean, I always “need” (well, want) food, but when I have a rumbly in my tumbly, it’s like the world is going to end.

Ugh stupid guests! *eye twitch* I forgot to add in my TR that there was a group of foreign guests that were in France while we were eating our chocolate croissants, and when they were done they just got up and left all their garbage on the table... How rude..

I have seen so many pictures on Twitter of people just leaving their trash everywhere. Like, you aren’t royalty or anything, Stupid Guests!

DON'T SHOW ME PICTURES OF LO MEIN

I’M SORRY.

Same food, cheaper price?! OMG thank you for that tidbit of info!!
You are very welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
i loved all of the character trees !! They were so cute. Awww .. that Troy was so happy to see Mickey !! Pictures ??? We see pictures of Troy eating, but no Mickey + Troy photos ???
I loved them too! They do such a food job with them.
Troy LOVED all of the characters. I think that was his favorite part about Disney!
Haha the pictures will be in the next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdoombuggies View Post
I love your safari pictures. I NEVER get good pics on the safari so I am in awe of yours. I so love the warthog!!
Thank you!
I haven’t gotten good pictures in the past. I think with my new Nikon, my pictures have been coming out A LOT better.
FINALLY!!! Another person that appreciates the world’s most amazing animal!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: