Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #46
rachelmarisa
chase the morning, yield for nothing

Your poor family sounds like a bunch of unenlightened fools!

Oh well!

And I am looooving this and your other TR!
+ 2010 WDW for Christmas
+ 2011 16th birthday present: first trip to DL
+ 2013 WDW Spring Break with my best friend
+ 2014 One day at WDW

Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #47
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Meg, I felt so bad for you, crying at Disney. That night really didn't start off well, at all. Sooo glad we had a good CM at the 50's PTC who lightened things up! Some people just aren't going to "get" Disney the way we do!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #48
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Oh ..... that new Lifehouse song ??? Between the raindrops ?? Or whatever it is called ....... I LOVE it !!!
YES!!! (it IS called Between the Raindrops). I am so happy to hear that you love it. Oh my god Susan, you are awesome. If you like BTR, you should get their new album !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelmarisa View Post
Your poor family sounds like a bunch of unenlightened fools!

Oh well!

And I am looooving this and your other TR!
Yes, they are!
SO happy to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
Meg, I felt so bad for you, crying at Disney. That night really didn't start off well, at all. Sooo glad we had a good CM at the 50's PTC who lightened things up! Some people just aren't going to "get" Disney the way we do!
Yes well, I am glad the whole trip is just over. Never again.
THANK GOD WE HAD A GOOD CM.
Well, they should!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #49
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

You are cracking me up. I'm headed in April with 17 other people, the Hubs' side of the family. I'm the only Disney lover. They're not even excited. I can't stand it. If I have even a moment like you've experienced, I'm just going to pretend I'm alone on the trip. lol
Old 12-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #50
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post

YES!!! (it IS called Between the Raindrops). I am so happy to hear that you love it. Oh my god Susan, you are awesome. If you like BTR, you should get their new album !!!

I have a couple of their other songs on my MP3 player. But I like that new one best. I will have to check out the new album.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #51
Agent555
Mouseketeer

That completely sucks about the others ruining your trip!! I am just as bad as you when it comes to planning (less ADR I eat when I am hungry I can't stick to reservations ever ) but still my family knows I need to plan everything about this trip from which airline will get me to Disney faster to which Disney Resort I want to try next BLT for New Years!!! I have always wanted to take my BF to Disney but he doesn't understnad how special it is to me and I fear he would simply "put up" with it to make me happy..... Now I know do not take him!!! I love reading you TR and cannot wait for the next installment!!! Later Gater!

No new trips...YET!!!
"It is nice to see people here my age who haven't grown up either." Jimmy Buffett
Old 12-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #52
Grammy4Lizzy
Mouseketeer

I have had some bad experiences with family at WDW.
I swore to DH we would dump the next group that was a pain.
1977 Off site 1989 offsite 1995 CBR 1998 Dixie Landings 2001 All Star Music 2002 offsite 2006 offsite
2008 SSR 2010 AKL SSR 2/2013 10/2014 SSR
DLR Too many to count since 1955
Old 12-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #53
TotalDreamer
Mouseketeer

I've also had some bad experiences with family, I'm very grateful for trips without certain people.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #54
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzzygirl View Post
You are cracking me up. I'm headed in April with 17 other people, the Hubs' side of the family. I'm the only Disney lover. They're not even excited. I can't stand it. If I have even a moment like you've experienced, I'm just going to pretend I'm alone on the trip. lol
You’re welcome (:
17 OTHER PEOPLE?! Holy crap, all I can say is GOOD LUCK! And no other Disney lovers?! I think you should go to the spa at the Grand Floridian or something for a reward with putting up with everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I have a couple of their other songs on my MP3 player. But I like that new one best. I will have to check out the new album.
Oooooh, really?! You just got a lot more awesome Susan.
Their new album is very interesting, but very amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent555 View Post
That completely sucks about the others ruining your trip!! I am just as bad as you when it comes to planning (less ADR I eat when I am hungry I can't stick to reservations ever ) but still my family knows I need to plan everything about this trip from which airline will get me to Disney faster to which Disney Resort I want to try next BLT for New Years!!! I have always wanted to take my BF to Disney but he doesn't understand how special it is to me and I fear he would simply "put up" with it to make me happy..... Now I know do not take him!!! I love reading you TR and cannot wait for the next installment!!! Later Gater!
Yes it does!
Mum and I are the ultimate planners and “the other people” didn’t do a THING for this trip.
BLT is my dream resort. That would be so awesome to stay there for New Years!
“The other people” made fun of how obsessed with Disney we were and they just don’t get it at all. If your BF doesn’t understand, I would NOT recommend to bring him, but I’m glad you realize that!
Aww, thank you so much!
In a while, crocodile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy4Lizzy View Post
I have had some bad experiences with family at WDW.
I swore to DH we would dump the next group that was a pain.
Isn’t it awful?! It really stinks.
I wish we could’ve done that !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDreamer View Post
I've also had some bad experiences with family, I'm very grateful for trips without certain people.
I can’t WAIT till August when it will just be mum and I. It will be like Heaven!
Old 12-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #55
LifeIsDis

THE OSBORNE LIGHTS

So after “the other people” got back from the Great Movie Ride, I wanted to go see the Osborne Lights. I could see them from a far, but that was not enough, of course. I was DYING to see them. From all of the pictures and videos I had seen, I was itching to get over to the Streets of America.

Some other people, not so much.

Troy was bugging to go on another ride, but really, there’s not much for little kids at MGM. I said that he would love Muppet Vision 3-DDDD, because he loves Kermit and Miss Piggy. I know, the kid’s awesome.
So they wanted to do that. And what is Muppet Vision near? THE STREETS OF AMERICA!

So I lead the way down to Muppet Vision, but Jackie had to go to the bathroom. I don’t understand why she couldn’t of just held her pee in her bladder, seriously. I mean, we were soooo close to the Streets of America and I wanted to get down there so bad.

Once we started going, I was WAY ahead of everyone cause they all walk so crappin’ SLOW. They are all like little old ladies and walk 0.5 mph. I walk really fast and couldn’t take it.
Then “the other people” all started yelling at me to slow down. UGGGGH. CAN’T WE JUST GET THERE ALREADY?!?!

I was annoyed. All I wanted to do was see the Osborne Lights and that wasn’t happening. Troy wanted to go on a ride and get out of his stroller, I was with a bunch of slow pokes, and I was getting yelled at. All I wanted to do was go home. I couldn’t take it much longer.

I stopped to wait for everyone, and then just started crying. Again. Mum ran up to me and told me to just try to enjoy myself even though everything was driving me up a wall and making me crazy. I didn’t want “the other people” seeing me cry so I just kept on walking.

FINALLY, we got to Muppet Vision and I stood off to the side to get my last few tears out while Mum said to Seth and Jackie to just call us—like that would happen…—when they got out of the theater. I did NOT want to be seeing Muppet Vision at that moment.

So Mum, Mimi, and I headed down to see the Lights, after what felt like 5 hours of walking.

I started to see the lights and I couldn’t contain myself. The tears started up again, not because I was sad or angry, because of the lights. I pretty much stood there in shock. In awe. In any other emotion that means in shock or in awe. I WAS SPEECHLESS.

I have no words. #osbornelights

If there is one thing that I would recommend to go see at Christmastime at Disney would have to be the Osborne Lights. It is SPECTACULAR. I wish we could’ve stayed for hours just watching them dance. And let me tell ya, when they dance, IT IS BEYOND AMAZING.

So here is like the five million pictures I took. You’re welcome.

There are TONS of hidden Mickeys and Minnies throughout the display.

IT IS JUST SO BEAUTIFUL

AS you can see, there is a big blurry spot on this picture. Why you ask? SNOW!!! It was SOOOOO cool. All of a sudden, I saw the machines from the top of the buildings turn on and it started snowing in Florida. It was all so magical.

I was shivering because it was so cold. I had a sweatshirt right in my backpack but I was way too lazy to get it out.

One thing I loved about San Fran was the little displays in the windows. They had a TV going in one window (showing advertisements for ABC of course) and a bunch of other stuff. It was very cute!

I loved the little Santa in the police car!

Cuties (:

And it looks like I put on my sweatshirt…

We decided to head down to Muppet Vision 3-DDDD to see where “the other people (minus one)” were. We all knew we weren’t going to get a phone call from them, so we went on the hunt for them.
We found them meeting Mater and Mcqueen and Troy was VERY excited about meeting them. And he also loved Muppet Vision! That’s my cousin!
I said they NEEDED to see the Lights so we headed back down to the Streets of America.

I noticed Santa Goofy was out and I thought Troy would want to meet him. We all headed over to the line and Seth said he wanted coffee so I said that we could go to the Writer’s Stop to get some. Then for some reason, EVERYONE went to the Writer’s Stop to get a drink or a snack. So I was left with Troy to meet Goofy.

I got in line with Troy and he was excited to meet his first character. I was worried “the other people” plus Mum weren’t going to be back in time to see Troy meet Goofy, but whatever.

The queue was very nicely decorated.

The line moved SO fast, which I was very surprised about. Pretty soon, it was our turn and I held Troy by the hand and brought him up to meet Goofy. He was a little scared at first, but I think since I was with him, he was fine. He gave Goofy a big high five and then a hug.

I put Troy in front of me and we took a picture, that came out really cute, even though Troy isn’t looking at the camera.

Once we got out of line, Troy told me that the man in the costume was very fuzzy. Bahahaha! I love that kid!

So after we met goofy, “the other people” plus Mum weren’t back yet. So I wheeled Troy over in his stroller to see the lights dance. He was in awe too I could tell!

Then I saw Mimi walking around looking for us. I ran over with troy and caught up to them.

They had a snack for us so we ate it up at the little restaurant near the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area. Or is it just tables up there? I have no clue, but who really cares, right?!

Mum got me some hot chocolate which was very good and a carrot cake cookie. I heard people RAVE about the carrot cake cookies before and it was time to try one. And I didn’t end up liking it. I thought I liked carrot cake, but I guess not. It also had raisins in it. I like raisins, but not in other food. So I gave it to Mum but she didn’t want it. I think we just ended up throwing it out. I know there are starving children in Africa.

After we finished up, we said goodbye to the lights one more time and headed towards the front of the park. And oh my god, it was DEAD. I wish it was always like that!

The amazing Christmas tree on the way out.

We said goodbye to “the other people” (so sad, I know) and we headed to our bus stop. A bus came fairly quickly and we ended up being the only ones on it, since we are VIPs and all.

Once we got back to Saratoga, we headed to the Carriage House and bought mugs. I also pin traded for a Malificent pin with a CM.

We got back to the room and got the pull out mattress for Mimi out. It was very comfortable actually! Here is a picture if you are wondering how much room it takes up.

And yes, I know our room was a disaster.

And then we noticed how small the pillows we had were. We called them the midget pillows. They were probably big enough for a two year old. Oh wait, that’s how old I am so they were fine for me…

We had to call down to get some bigger pillows because the midget pillows were a bit ridiculous.

It took 30 MINUTES for someone to bring us non-midget pillows. They were MUCH better!

We fell asleep at about 11:15.

Overview of the day
Weather
The weather was absolutely gorgeous, except it got very chilly (for Florida) at night.
Highs
BEING IN DISNEY!
Having a great dinner at the 50s PTC
THE OSBORNE LIGHTS ♥ ♥ ♥
Lows
I think I don’t have to type all the lows out for the 500th time…

Last edited by LifeIsDis; 01-02-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #56
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

NOO I don't wanna read about that type of crying again.

Oh my god I can't take slow walkers, I would just keep walking until I was 5 miles ahead of them and lose them...and then be like whoops ;P

o.m.g. you need to instagram that picture of the bikes

I need to see the lights again. It has been like 12 years since I saw them and I remember like nothing. So yes, thank you for all those pictures
Old 12-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #57
lisatav
Mouseketeer

It looks like you really enjoyed the Osborne spectacle of dancing lights. The last time I saw it, it was 2003 or so and I never really appreciated it as I could have. I can't wait to see the spectacle this holiday season! The pictures are great! I'm also glad you got to take your cousin to see Goofy! That looked like fun, I would love to take my cousin down to Disney, she's 6 now and i feel like its the perfect time for another trip for her!

Edit: I'm sorry you were crying. Once I cried in Disney because my Mom tried to take us to a buffet off property. =( I was 15 at the time and It was gross.

Our Vacation Video- July 2013- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnZb5ySFhB8
My WDW trips
1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, & 2002- OFF
Dec. 02/Jan 03- All Star Sports
April 2007- Coronado Springs
Feb 2009 – OFF (Royal Plaza)
Aug 2009- POFQ
Jan. 2010- Pop Century
Jan 2012- Pop
Dec 12/Jan 13- Pop
July 2013-POR-Royal Room
Oct. 2013- OFF, MK + EP
Old 12-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #58
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

UGH I hate travelling with "other people" I have done trips with my sisters family n my mom n step dad,n hubby and can honestly say my best trips are the ones when it's just me n my daughters,so I totally get you!!!!! yes it's quite possible to have a horrible time there,which is sad because thats not at all how it's meant to be.The only "other people" I like to do disney things with are some of my friends that r fellow disney nuts(they're locals ........ lucky bratts lol)
Old 12-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #59
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
NOO I don't wanna read about that type of crying again.

Oh my god I can't take slow walkers, I would just keep walking until I was 5 miles ahead of them and lose them...and then be like whoops ;P

o.m.g. you need to instagram that picture of the bikes

I need to see the lights again. It has been like 12 years since I saw them and I remember like nothing. So yes, thank you for all those pictures
Sorry ):
I am an extremely fast walker and I got yelled at during the whole trip.
I will…
Ohmygod, they are INCREDIBLE! No problem! And if you want to see some good video of them, I would check out this (that song is probably my favorite one they dance too!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisatav View Post
It looks like you really enjoyed the Osborne spectacle of dancing lights. The last time I saw it, it was 2003 or so and I never really appreciated it as I could have. I can't wait to see the spectacle this holiday season! The pictures are great! I'm also glad you got to take your cousin to see Goofy! That looked like fun, I would love to take my cousin down to Disney, she's 6 now and i feel like its the perfect time for another trip for her!

Edit: I'm sorry you were crying. Once I cried in Disney because my Mom tried to take us to a buffet off property. =( I was 15 at the time and It was gross.
Umm…not at all.
I just couldn’t get enough of them!
Thanks (:
Yeah, Troy LOVED meeting Goofy!
I think that would be a perfect age!
Well I can understand why you were crying! Off property + non-Disney food = tears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
UGH I hate travelling with "other people" I have done trips with my sisters family n my mom n step dad,n hubby and can honestly say my best trips are the ones when it's just me n my daughters,so I totally get you!!!!! yes it's quite possible to have a horrible time there,which is sad because thats not at all how it's meant to be.The only "other people" I like to do disney things with are some of my friends that r fellow disney nuts(they're locals ........ lucky bratts lol)
I mean, our August trip was FANTASTIC, and this was such an epic fail. Of course I didn’t want to have a horrible time, but some people just ruined it.
We have like NO other friends that are Disney obsessed so everyone thinks that we are the ones that are crazy.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #60
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Well for what its worth i don't think ure crazy I always say "disney friends are the BEST friends!!!"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: