Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #391
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdoombuggies View Post
I am finally caught up!! Hope you had a great birthday!!!
Thanks, I did! (:
Old 05-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #392
Tornado4571
Earning My Ears

I love reading your trip reports!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #393
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado4571 View Post
I love reading your trip reports!
Thank you!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #394
LifeIsDis

The Grand and FIREWORKS! part 1

When we last left off like 20 days ago (SORRY), we were heading to the TTC.

So we took the monorail over to the TTC and we were going to take the resort monorail, but since I am so clueless, we got on the MAGIC KINGDOM monorail.

Once we got on I was like “why isn’t this stopping at the resorts?”

Cause I am clueless.

So we went all the way back to the TTC and got on the RESORT monorail.

The Grand Floridian was the second stop and that’s where we got off!

I was really excited to see all of the Christmas decorations here. I had seen the enormous tree on the DIS, but not in real life, I don’t think. I remember nothing from when I was a baby child so who really knows.

Bokeh deer from the monorail.

Going inside and BAM CHRISTMAS!

And I will continue on without posting awful pictures of moi in front of the midget tree because I look evil and pooh sized.

I know many people that are evil and pooh sized….

MOVING ON.

We went into Basin before checking out the decorations. And it is so weird because my last camera—SINCE I HAVE A DSLR NOW HOLLA—acted so weird in here. IDK if it was the lighting or what but the camera would act like it was on drugs.

MICKEY SOAP!

MICKEY CHRISTMAS SOAP!

I just love the floor in there. SO PRETTIFUL.

Bath stuff that I don’t use cause I am a big girl and I take showers…

After we browsed around Basin, we started to check out the decorations.

We walked down the stairs and I acted like I had a pole up my butt, since we were in a classy/pole up your butt resort. Just sayin’. BUT ONE THING. The points for DVC aren’t that bad and we could/I want to stay at the Grand when the villas open. But getting a studio is gonna be HARD since they sleep five.

Anyways… Moi being snotty. But it look like I’m taking a big whiff of the air. IT DOES SMELL GOOD IN THERE THOUGH.

Once we made it downstairs, I skipped to the tree and it was PICTURE TIME!

Then I waited like half an hour to take a picture in front of the tree because a bunch of Stupid Guests were before moi. DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHO THE CRAP I AM. Guess not.

The amazing gingerbread house!

Attractive, I know.

If only I could volunteer to eat the house… #poohsized.

I know it is an awful picture, but that is smoke coming out of the chimney from the house!

And then I noticed on the floor Chip and Mrs. Potts! How cute.

I read from a fellow DISer that the only way to get a picture of the full tree is to lie on the ground in a certain spot. So I laid on the ground (looking like a fool) so I could get the pic. You’re welcome.

The beautiful staircase.

To be continued (cause I took way too many pictures that it’s ridiculous).
Old 06-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #396
iluvdoombuggies
Mouseketeer

Your pic of the tree is awesome!!!

'77 Off-Site 10/97 Dixie Landings 8/98 Poly/ASM 8/01 Off-Site 9/06 Pop 1/07 AS Sports 10/07 AKL 6/11 POR

Old 06-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #397
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

WOW- GF is just gorgeous.. I want to go again at Christmas but we already have a trip booked for September for free dining. Wish we could get a pin that they are doing and I would postpone!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Old 06-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #398
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I want to stay at the GF DVC sooooooo bad. Imma gonna try and get a ressie next year. Looking forward to seeing more GF photos. BTW the "pole up your bottom" photo turned out pretty good.
Me toooo! It is gonna be really hard to get in but we are willing to try!
Haha it did!

Quote:
Your pic of the tree is awesome!!!
Thanks! I love how it came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
WOW- GF is just gorgeous.. I want to go again at Christmas but we already have a trip booked for September for free dining. Wish we could get a pin that they are doing and I would postpone!
Isn't it?!
I would love to see it again at Christmastime but we always go in the summer because I am not in school. Stinks!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #399
LifeIsDis

The Grand and FIREWORKS! part 2

After taking so many pictures, I needed a food break cause I can’t go 10 minutes without eating.

I’m not being sarcastic.

Seriously.

So we went up the quick service that I didn’t even know they had. It is like the size of a closet and they barely have any tables in there. And there are like two things on the menu.

I just wanted a snack and then I saw it in the refrigerator.

STRAWBERRY SOUP!!!!!!!

That was the only good part of our meal at 1900 Park Fare back in August. Seriously, that stuff is amazing. It was four bucks here BUT I NEEDED IT.

So I got the small container and an iced tea.

And the ingredients so if anyone wants to know what’s in it. YUMMY STUFF THAT’S WHAT.

We then headed to the monorail stop and waited for a monorail to MK to catch a bus back to AoA.

We got on the monorail and I saw someone who I follow on Instagram that actually works at Disney. I was afraid to say hi because she doesn’t follow moi and I was like already on the monorail, so it wasn’t like I could run off.

So yeah.

End of storytime.

Once we arrived at MK, I was basically sobbing because MVMCP was going on and we couldn’t go in and there were so many tears.

But then all of a sudden, BOoOOOmmm.

HOLIDAY WISHES!!!!

So we stopped to watch the whole entire show from right outside the turnstiles with the CMs. Perfection, if I say so myself.

We kind of had an obstructed view with the train station and the monorail track, but holy crap it was awesome. SO SPAM TIME!

BOKEH!

And then I came up with the fantastic idea of taking a picture of moi in front of the fireworks.

The incredible finale ♥

Everyone clapped and then we went to the bus stop.

I cannot tell if I wrote the bus was parked, or the bus was packed, that was already waiting there. Who knows. But all I know is that I got a seat so I could rest my legs because they were starting to kill again.

Once we got back to AoA, we went to Landscape of Flavors to get something to eat since we were all pretty hungry.

I got a table so I could rest while Mum and Mimi went to go get some food.

AND OMG GUYS. While I was waiting for them to get back, I WATCHED STACEY. AND I WASN’T EVEN IN OUR ROOM. They have TVs that play the Stacey loop and it was literally the best thing ever. Disney should do that at all of their restaurants. Even sit downs.

That includes Vick & Al’s.

Yes, that is the name of the fancy expensive restaurant at the Grand. I’m not kidding.

But anyways, pretty soon Mum and Mimi got back and the EATING STARTED!!! But I still watched the Queen because come on now.

Here is the awful picture of the sub I got. I wasn’t feeling adventurous, I guess, so I just got a plain ol’ sub.

It was very good. I would DEFINETLY try something else next time we are at AoA because I NEED to try all of the awesome options they have.

And of course I got a chocolate croissant. Let’s be real now.

Mum got the hockey puck size pizza. She isn’t a very adventurous eater anyways, but Disney pizza?! Just eww. I think she was trying to be one of “the other people.” (my twin will get that).

And last but not least, Mimi got a cheeseburger. I have no clue what she thought of it but I think it was good… AND DON’T THOSE FRIES LOOK REALLY GOOD.

Mimi got some mini cupcakes for all of us to have. I think she had one because there are only three here. I PROMISE they didn’t jip us.

After we finished eating, we headed back to our room and TOWEL ANIMALS/FLOWER/HEART!

I must’ve eaten the grapes and milk that came with Mum’s KID’S (yes, the pizza was a kids meal) meal that night cause here is a pic of it. Yup.

We spent the rest of the night packing and I got all of the stuff I bought to fit into my suitcase, surprisingly.

We went to bed a little after 12.

GOOD NIGHT DISNEY!

Overview of the day:
Weather:
The weather was gorgeous this day, but a little on the cold side for Florida.
Highs:
Having a better meal at Via Napoli
Strolling around World Showcase
The Candlelight Processional
Getting to the Grand
Holiday Wishes again!
Lows:
The drama at breakfast
Getting to Epcot REALLY late
Getting embarrassed at Via Napoli
The crying
(they are all about my grandmother…)

And I am not going to even include that it was our last full day in Disney because I was HAPPY about that. Sad, I know.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #400
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

Pooh sized people.

YOU DID NOT JUST USE HOLLA!!?!?! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

CHRISTMAS + MICKEY AND SOAP!

"After taking so many pictures, I needed a food break cause I can’t go 10 minutes without eating.

I’m not being sarcastic."

oh..my twin.

Like...come on now with the croissant pictures you post. CHOCOLATE CHIPS ON IT!?!? Why did I not experience THAT?!

MUM WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OMG IM DYING THOUGH

and OMG the grapes!!!

Ugh hit me up with a Disney burger right now. Please.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #401
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pics! Great update!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #402
iluvdoombuggies
Mouseketeer

OMG I have to try that strawberry soup I have never heard of it!!! It is on my list for the next trip. Yum

Great update. Thanks for the wonderful food pics!!!

'77 Off-Site 10/97 Dixie Landings 8/98 Poly/ASM 8/01 Off-Site 9/06 Pop 1/07 AS Sports 10/07 AKL 6/11 POR

Old 06-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #403
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
Pooh sized people.

YOU DID NOT JUST USE HOLLA!!?!?! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Yes. Yes I did.

CHRISTMAS + MICKEY AND SOAP!

I need to get some. It doesn’t even have to be Christmas. Just give moi the mouse.

"After taking so many pictures, I needed a food break cause I can’t go 10 minutes without eating.

I’m not being sarcastic."

oh..my twin.

IT IS TRUE!

Like...come on now with the croissant pictures you post. CHOCOLATE CHIPS ON IT!?!? Why did I not experience THAT?!

IT WAS SO GOOD, TWIN. The chocolate chips just made it THAT much better.

MUM WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OMG IM DYING THOUGH

She became one of “the other people” that night. EMBARASSING!

and OMG the grapes!!!

I don’t know why we didn’t share them. Seriously.

Ugh hit me up with a Disney burger right now. Please.
Tell moi about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Wonderful pics! Great update!
Thank you!

Quote:
OMG I have to try that strawberry soup I have never heard of it!!! It is on my list for the next trip. Yum

Great update. Thanks for the wonderful food pics!!!
YOU HAVENT HEARD OF THE AMAZING STARWBERRY SOUP?!?!? Omg you NEEEEEED to try it. It is a must. Just go to the QS. Don’t waste your time with 1900 PF.
Thanks!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #404
LifeIsDis

A tour of the Cars section!

November 28th

We were officially leaving Walt Disney World today. And to be honest, tears weren’t shed. Ok, maybe like one, but I wasn’t sobbing like usual. I was actually extremely happy to just go home and never talk to “the other people” again. Which pretty much has happened, but we aren’t getting into that right now.

We got up at about 8:15 and got all ready.

Like usual, we waited around for my grandmother so we packed a few things we forget in the meantime. And all of our suitcases were less than 50 pounds so YAY.

Mum and I were still waiting around so I was like forget it. So we left to go down to Animation Hall. Cause really. I was sick of waiting for her and I wanted food like right then.

Our towel bird/penguin thingys from outside our room.

Like always, it was crazy busy in Landscape of Flavors.

Here is a random picture I took. You’re welcome.

For breakfast, Mum got the bounty platter. I tried the sausage that came with it and it wasn’t that great. But I think she liked everything else.

I got a waffle with bacon and fruit and it was good. It looks like the fruit had the syrup on it again. I didn’t complain about it in my journal though so who the crap knows. BUT EWW SYRUP.

After we finished eating, we got Mimi some coffee and a bagel and then headed back to our room.

Mimi was all ready when we got back, which was a surprise.

She ate her breakfast and then we HAD to watch Family Feud and Who the Crap Wants to be a Millionaire (moi!) because my stupid grandmother didn’t want to watch Stacey. I didn’t want to hear the complaining so I let her watch that crap.

Seth kept sending texts to us saying that Troy wants to live in Disney. Yeah moi too you losers.

I then wanted to take my picture with the dinglehopper outside so Mum and I abandoned Mimi. We’re nice like that.

Mum looking extremely attractive with the dinglehopper. Hot, I know. No wonder guys are all over her……..

Mum’s very attractive daughter.

King Triton, duh.

We got back to the room and Minnie was chillin’ in Mum’s carryon. SHE WAS FLYING!

We called bell services at about 11 and they came at 11:15. The CM that got our bags was named Christopher and we told him about the great trip we had. He believed us.
Mr. Christopher (Robin) was very nice and talked to us the whole way down to the airline check in, which is like in a separate little house near the Cars section.

And speaking of the Cars section, I told mum I was gonna go check it out while she got our boarding passes. Really, I was letting her spend some quality time with my grandmother. She loves me for that.

But anyways…

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS.

It is seriously like a mini Cars Land. Even though Cars Land is 500000000x better, THIS WAS SO COOL. They themed the section SO well and I was very impressed. I would just love to stay in one of the Cars suites.

CHECK IT OUT!

I was dying at this point.

Dead.

YOU CAN GO INSIDE OF THOSE CONES AND CHILL AND OMG.

I headed out of the Cars section after a little while, and headed back to the airline check in building.

Last edited by LifeIsDis; 06-08-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #405
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

fruit syrup <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

How does one not watch Stacy on their last day?

IDK WHAT THAT THING IN THE COZY CONE MOTEL IS BUT I WANT ONE

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: