Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #241
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Awesome pics of the fireworks in the previous post, and I love these, how you can see the snow in front of the castle! Think of how great they'll be when you get (another) new camera!

Yep, we have to go back when we live there!

Thanks for the snowman pin too!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #243
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

loving your trip report

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 03-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #244
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
potc is one of my fave rides but even i wouldnt go to the party to just ride that lol .I miss the xmas party I definitely have to do it again soon.
Yeah, I wouldn’t either. That is just stupid.
Yeah you do!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
Awesome pics of the fireworks in the previous post, and I love these, how you can see the snow in front of the castle! Think of how great they'll be when you get (another) new camera!

Yep, we have to go back when we live there!

Thanks for the snowman pin too!
Well thanks mother! OHMYGOD I KNOW.
OF COURSE, DUH!
And you are very welcome ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
You make me laugh. Thanks for the update !!!
You are welcome (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
loving your trip report
Thank you!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #245
LifeIsDis

IT IS MUM’S BIRTHDAY TODAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! SHE IS TURNING 80!!!! LOVE YA TOO MUM!!!!!!!!

So let’s all wish her a big happy birthday! Sadly, we are not spending it eating cake or anything like that. Mum actually gets to drive me to my cupcake class (and the cupcakes WILL NOT make it home because of moi. And we have like a two minute drive…) and then we get to go to my school for a lovely meeting. HOW FUN, I KNOW.

So yeah.

Some peep at Mum’s office made this cake for her today.

She told me she ate the butt.

I really didn’t need to know that.

BUT SHE IS BRINGING SOME HOME FOR MOI SO Y’ALL SHOULD BE JEALOUS.

And you guys are probably wondering what her sweet daughter got Mum for her birthday.

I actually got her this.

Yes, it is not DCL, BUT, it was cheap and ALMOST everything is included.

And by that they mean showers, food, being stuck at sea for four days, and anything else that Carnival is best known for, are not included. But everything else is included. Just not that stuff. That is why I am paying SUCH a great price for it, DUH.

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!! It will be so much fun. I JUST KNOW IT.

So be prepared to see us on the news this summer!

And now I will leave you with this.

Such a great picture.

And doesn’t Mum look good for 80? It must be all of that wrinkle-free cream she uses. It helps a lot, as you can see.

And I think we are actually having pasta tonight, since Mum speaks Italian and all. I should invite my dino friends over. PARTAY!!!!

So yeah.

BYE NOW.

P.S. LOVE YOU MUM!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥
Old 03-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #246
melmar136
DIS Veteran

You kill me! Really, you do!

Ok, so to sum that up, I ate Pooh's butt, my birthday will be spent driving you to various things all night, and you bought me a Carnival cruise with no food, showers, and being stuck at sea. Awesome!
Also, I am turning 80, and use very good wrinkle cream! Oh, and we are having pasta tonite.

Some of that, sadly, is true. And I may not be turning 80, but you can all see why I might FEEL like I am!

So, thanks SOOO much dear Meg for the wonderful birthday wishes! Love ya!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #247
jstarsho
Earning My Ears

Mel!!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #248
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday, Mum!!! Hope you had a great birthday - I agree - you look great for being 80 All kidding aside - you do look great and you have a fantastic daughter - just don't tell her that

Can't wait to hear all about your cruise this summer! This should be a lot of fun-reading!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #249
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

What a great daughter you are, buying your Mum a cruise. Good girl!

Of course, my Mom and I are much older, but we did a cruise last year for the first time. It was fantastic. Just the two of us. So many great memories.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #250
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

lol meg u r the cutest thing,that pic is too funny

Old 03-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #251
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

"She said they were by Pirates and I told them we were in Frontierland so they could come over when they were all done. I was stupid for saying that because THEY DON’T KNOW WHERE ANYTHING IS. DUH."

OMG THIS REMINDS ME! A couple weeks later, some chick commented on my on my other people's facebook pictures from MK. The girl asked about the Haunted Mansion and my idiot other person said something like

"no we weren't near it and I think it was closed for renovations"

FIRST

IT'S REFURBISHMENT AND SECOND OH-MY-FREAKING-GAWD WE WALKED RIGHT BY IT TO GET TO PETER PAN

ANYWAY

PotC 2 times...or fireworks? Ooo tough choice

That cookie LOOKS good though.... and free is free

Grumpy is my fav!

Ugh. It like needs to be a rule...Disney Vaca 101.
in order to attend the parks, one MUST be knowledge on how to get back to their resort BY THEMSELVES! This would save so much head and heart ache for those of us who can go ALL DAY EVRY DAY

who needs sleep?

Princess and Princes!? </3

Sunrise Satan I AM DYING

YAYAYAYAYAY EPCOT
Old 03-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #252
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

"IT IS MUM’S BIRTHDAY TODAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! SHE IS TURNING 80!!!!"

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CAN'T

That cake. I really need to make it since I have the pan and all. And piping bags. And piping tips. #bakerlife

"And by that they mean showers, food, being stuck at sea for four days, and anything else that Carnival is best known for, are not included"

Yeah, bathrooms would be a good thing...
Old 03-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #253
bellabambina12
Bellabambina

Lurker here I found your trip report the other day and had to read go read your first one to! Love your writing style, I have older kids (and younger) and love all the current terms! You and your mom are awesome and very lucky to both love Disney. I'll be at Disney in 3 weeks (asmu) and I am definitely going to try my first chocolate croissant! I'm so excited I feel like I'm studying up to see what's changed in the past 4 YEARS since Weve been there. Thank you so much for the fun reading!
Old 03-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #254
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
You kill me! Really, you do!

I know.

Ok, so to sum that up, I ate Pooh's butt, my birthday will be spent driving you to various things all night, and you bought me a Carnival cruise with no food, showers, and being stuck at sea. Awesome!

Your birthday was really spectacular. You’re welcome.

Also, I am turning 80, and use very good wrinkle cream! Oh, and we are having pasta tonite.

Are you using that stuff Heather sells?!
And we never had pasta. THAT IS A LIE.

Some of that, sadly, is true. And I may not be turning 80, but you can all see why I might FEEL like I am!

I don’t know WHY. I mean, I NEVER drive you crazy.

So, thanks SOOO much dear Meg for the wonderful birthday wishes! Love ya!
Oh, you are SO welcome, Mumsy! LOVE YA TOOOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstarsho View Post
Mel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Happy Birthday, Mum!!! Hope you had a great birthday - I agree - you look great for being 80 All kidding aside - you do look great and you have a fantastic daughter - just don't tell her that

Can't wait to hear all about your cruise this summer! This should be a lot of fun-reading!
Doesn’t she look good for being so old?! Its nuts, really. And thanks haha!
Oh yeah!... and be sure to look out for us on the news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzzygirl View Post
What a great daughter you are, buying your Mum a cruise. Good girl!

Of course, my Mom and I are much older, but we did a cruise last year for the first time. It was fantastic. Just the two of us. So many great memories.
Bahaha I’m just too awesome!
Awww… I hope you guys had a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
lol meg u r the cutest thing,that pic is too funny
Thanks (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
"She said they were by Pirates and I told them we were in Frontierland so they could come over when they were all done. I was stupid for saying that because THEY DON’T KNOW WHERE ANYTHING IS. DUH."

OMG THIS REMINDS ME! A couple weeks later, some chick commented on my on my other people's facebook pictures from MK. The girl asked about the Haunted Mansion and my idiot other person said something like

"no we weren't near it and I think it was closed for renovations"

FIRST

IT'S REFURBISHMENT AND SECOND OH-MY-FREAKING-GAWD WE WALKED RIGHT BY IT TO GET TO PETER PAN

ANYWAY

I already know all about this but that is so ridiculous. Other people<<<

PotC 2 times...or fireworks? Ooo tough choice

Like, WHYYYYYY wouldn’t you want to see the fireworks?!?!?!?!

That cookie LOOKS good though.... and free is free

It does! And yes, free is good!

Grumpy is my fav!

Me and Grumpy are TWINSIES.

Ugh. It like needs to be a rule...Disney Vaca 101.
in order to attend the parks, one MUST be knowledge on how to get back to their resort BY THEMSELVES! This would save so much head and heart ache for those of us who can go ALL DAY EVRY DAY

I could have gone on for HOURS. But noooo. One of the many reasons why WE WILL NEVER GO WITH OTHER PEOPLE AGAIN.

who needs sleep?

Not moi.

Princess and Princes!? </3

I was heartbroken.

Sunrise Satan I AM DYING

It looks JUST like that! When I was reading it I was like “I don’t remember that and I don’t think Disney would put that on a bus…”

YAYAYAYAYAY EPCOT
WHOOOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
"IT IS MUM’S BIRTHDAY TODAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! SHE IS TURNING 80!!!!"

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CAN'T

I actually photoshop every pic of her… She really has TONS of wrinkles.

That cake. I really need to make it since I have the pan and all. And piping bags. And piping tips. #bakerlife

MAKE IT AND THEN POST TONS OF PICTURES OF IT ON INSTAGRAM PLEASE.

"And by that they mean showers, food, being stuck at sea for four days, and anything else that Carnival is best known for, are not included"

Yeah, bathrooms would be a good thing...
Yeah, and food would be nice too…

And you like how I made all of my commentary a different color?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabambina12 View Post
Lurker here I found your trip report the other day and had to read go read your first one to! Love your writing style, I have older kids (and younger) and love all the current terms! You and your mom are awesome and very lucky to both love Disney. I'll be at Disney in 3 weeks (asmu) and I am definitely going to try my first chocolate croissant! I'm so excited I feel like I'm studying up to see what's changed in the past 4 YEARS since Weve been there. Thank you so much for the fun reading!
Hola!
That’s awesome! Thank you for doing that. I’m glad you are enjoying this crazy TR!
Thanks (: Yes, I am very thankful that Mum loves Disney like I do.
I hope you have a WONDERFUL trip! OMG YOU HAVE TO GET A CHOCOLATE CROISSANT. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.
There is a TON of new stuff. From New Fantasyland, to Test Track, AND SO MUCH MORE. And plus you will be there for Flower and Garden! I’m only a little jealous (:
No problem and thanks again!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #255
LifeIsDis

My photo walk at Epcot - PART 1!

November 26th

We woke up at seven on this fine morning. I was going to Epcot while all of the idiots at my school were going back after our Thanksgiving break. LOSAHS.

And this is why I am like the coolest dude(tte) in school. Just sayin’.

Soooo, the three of us got ready and we had to pack all of our stuff up again because we were switching over to Art of Animation on this day. I was both sad and excited about that because I WAS LEAVING MY HOME but at the same time, we were going to stay at and see a BRAND NEW Disney resort.

Mum and I got all ready and Mimi was still taking five years so we ditched her and went down to Roaring Forks to get some breakfast.

We checked out the gift shop for a minute and bought Mimi a sweatshirt that she had been looking at.

The CM that was checking us out was saying how there was a $228 million jackpot that day and we were like “oh that would be nice!” and she was like “yeah and then you could buy a whole floor here for your family to stay!” And then Mum was like “Well we are actually getting rid of some of them today…”

And oh. my. god.

This CM got a KICK out of that.

She was laughing so hard and then told another CM what Mum said.

So yeah.

I’m just happy Mimi wasn’t with us.

But seriously.

So we went back to our VILLA and I ate my breakfast.

Disney chocolate croissants>all other chocolate croissants

Cause that’s the truth.

There was a little lizard out on our verandah—cause that is the cool way to say “porch”—that said goodbye since um, lizards talk and all. Well maybe only to me because I own an amulet and that way I can talk to animals. I’m not kiddin’ around here, people.

We called down to bell services and they came to pick up our bags.

After I basically sobbed on the floor of our VILLA, we headed to the bus stop.

Mum was about to eat my face off there. Bad parenting.

An Epcot bus arrived shortly and we were on our way!

Actually we were, but we weren’t.

We made a stop at Fort Wilderness which buses from my home NEVER DO, at least on the buses I have been on.

We had to get to Epcot like RIGHT THEN because we had “something to do.”

But nooooo.

We made like three stops there and it was about 9:55 at this point. WE HAD TO BE AT EPCOT AT TEN.

I told Mum and Mimi that I would run ahead and they would just have to meet me in Future World because I had someone to meet and WE WERE GOING TO BE LATE.

Once we got to the bus stop, I sprinted to the turnstiles, and found myself in this giant sea of people.

The lines were SO long, it was ridiculous. I waited to get into the park for about 10 minutes. I don’t know what the deal was. I mean, it’s not that hard to stick your ticket into the machine and put your little finger down. At least now it won’t be a big hassle to get into the parks with the whole billion dollar RFID thingy.

I sprinted towards the Fountain of Nations and saw her by the pin trading store.

Doing my photo walk at Epcot with Kathy from the DISunplugged this morning!

That’s what we were doing!

If you didn’t read my awesome TR from August, I did a real life update about the DISmeet we went to and there, we won a silent auction for a photo walk with Kathy from the DISunplugged, which is an AWESOME podcast that y’all should be listening (or watching) to.

I saw Kathy and ran up to her and apologized for being late. She was a little late herself because she had to go over to Pop that morning.

She asked if I was all ready and I said that Mum and Mimi were SLOWLLLLY making their way over, so we waited for them for a few until I saw them and waved like a maniac so they could see me because they were looking around, cluelessly (which isn’t a word, but whatever).

We talked for a few about our trip thus far (I only talked about the good things) and how we went to Be Our Guest, MVMCP, the Osborne Lights, etc.

Kathy told us about the plan for the walk and what we were gonna do.

We started out by going over to Universe of Energy and Kathy asked if I had ever taken a shot with the mirrors. I said no so she explained how it looks really cool if you take a pic with the mirrors and the flowers.

The four of us walked over to Test Track and saw the car (a pic of it will be coming later cause I’m too lazy to look for it now). I was REALLY sad they weren’t doing previews during our trip. They were like three days later, because OF COURSE.

Next, we headed over to the walkway between the Land and the Seas and waited for the monorail to go by so I could get a few shots of it.

The waiting lasted about 20 minutes.

I don’t know what the crap was up, but the monorail wasn’t going by for the LONGEST time.

It probably was waiting for “further traffic clearance.”

Or it broke down.

Or there was a squirrel on the track.

While we waited, we talked to Kathy about photography, some of her trips to Disneyland, and of course, the Main Street Bakery and how it is sitting there when Pete goes off on a rant.

I would love to have her job.

I snapped a few pics of just Spaceship Earth because of REASONS.

FINALLY, the monorail came, and I got some AWESOME shots. I just love the monorail reflection.

My favorite ♥

We then left Future World and headed into World Showcase via the land of Canadians.

We took the pathway to Le Cellier and admired the beautiful gardens.

While we were back by the gardens, I saw someone with a lime green Mickey head, and that can only mean one thing…

She looked busy taking some pics so I didn’t say hi or anything, and really, I was a bit busy myself.

We explored Canada a bit more and we went to some place we have never been before. And no, not OH! CANADA! or whatever it is called.

We walked over the bridge and up some stairs to the waterfalls. I always thought that led to the OH! CANADA! movie so we never walked up there for anything. Turns out I was missin’ out. OH MY GOD. It is BEAUTIFUL up there, so I immediately went picture crazy.

Sorry for the waterfall spam, but I couldn’t stop taking pictures.

And then Kathy said something along the lines of “if you showed these pictures to someone, they probably wouldn’t guess you took these shots in a theme park.”

And I was like, YOU ARE SO RIGHT.

Disney just transports you to another place and I just love that.

I don’t see Universal doing that…

Just sayin’.

Up next: MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: