Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #196
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Joining in! I was there the same dates as you! I feel your pain for having to go with the "other people, minus one!" I would go insane with people like that, but Troy is cute. I guess next time leave his parents home.
That's so cool that you got to go backstage on Splash! I'm obsessed with New FL and I loved watching Wishes back there!!
The WL is awesome! I went over there to have dinner at WCC on Thanksgiving

"You Guys Are Looking At Me Like I'm Your Executioner!" An Aug '12 TR!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2973705

Old 02-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #197
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanIsMine View Post
Joining in! I was there the same dates as you! I feel your pain for having to go with the "other people, minus one!" I would go insane with people like that, but Troy is cute. I guess next time leave his parents home.
That's so cool that you got to go backstage on Splash! I'm obsessed with New FL and I loved watching Wishes back there!!
The WL is awesome! I went over there to have dinner at WCC on Thanksgiving
Glad to have you here!
Oh really? I hope you had a good trip!
It's a good thing Troy is cute! We are leaving them ALLLLLL next time. Can't stand them.
Yeah, it was awesome!
NF is the best thing ever.
Having dinner at WCC on Thanksgiving would be awesome! We were trying to get an ADR for that day but we couldn't.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #198
LifeIsDis

OUR LAST DAY WITH "THE OTHER PEOPLE (minus one)" and do I look like Kristen Stewart?

November 25th

Aka the day we were saying goodbye to Seth, Jackie, and Troy! They were leaving the next day but this was the last day we would have to see them!

I tried not to do a happy dance when I got out of bed at 7:30, aka LATE. Mum let me “sleep in” since I was exhausted. THANK YOU KIND MOTHER, but I WANT TO GET GOING.

Meanwhile at All Star Sports…

Still sleeping.

DUH.

I still can't get over last night. It was truly incredible.
Never will.

So we got ready and Mum and I headed down to Roaring Forks to get something for breakfast. And by breakfast I mean my usual. And if you don’t know what my usual is, I can’t help you with that.

Nice little display in the lobby. And I look awful.

And you can see the new furniture behind me.

AND I JUST REALIZED I TOOK A PICTURE WITH A BUNCH OF BEARS. OMG.

I am deathly afraid of bears (just not POOH bears) and they freak me out,

That is your Meg Fun Fact of the day, cause I include so many and all.

I CAN’T GET OVER I TOOK THIS PICTURE.

Anyways, I took a picture with the totem pole cause I ALWAYS DO.

And it came out blurry.

THANKS MUM.

We got to Roaring Forks, picked up my usual and whatever Mum and Mimi had, and headed back to the right VILLA.

NOMS NOMS NOMS NOMS NOMS.

I ALWAYS have to wash heaven down with some Mickey milk. That stuff doesn’t even taste like milk. It tastes BETTER since Mickey is on it and all, DUHHHHH. Everything tastes better with Mickey.

After we were all ready and I had gone to heaven and back, we were out the door by nine.

A bus was already waiting at the bus stop and I may or may not of ran through the bushes and plants to catch it…

We arrived at Hollywood Stu—excuse me, MGM at about 9:30. WAYYYYY BEHIND SCHEDULE.

The weather was PERFECT.

There wasn’t a cloud in the sky. Pure perfection.

Once we got into the park, we headed towards Sunset.

We stopped in front of the Planet Hollywood shop I think to check wait times or something. And then this custodian came up to us.

I wonder sometimes about the people Disney hires to works for them.

This guy would be one of those people.

Like, he just came up to us and started talking. I was trying to walk away very slowly, BUT HE WOULDN’T STOP TALKING TO US.

Umm…. I have Fastpasses to go get. NOW LEAVE US ALONE.

Now since we are nice people, we talked to him, and this continued for the next half hour.

I think he liked Mimi or something. I don’t know. She was doing that fake laugh she always does after everything this whacko was saying to her.

Then he said something to Mimi like “oh meet me here at three!”

What…

I just gave mum a look like “oh my dear god, what is going on, why is he talking to us, I NEED FPs NOW.”

And then he said to me “oh, you look like Bella from Twilight.”

WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO SAY TO THAT…INSULT?!

Seriously, I look NOTHING like Kristen Stewart. At all.

I mean, I would probably look like her if I was at Universal because I wouldn’t have an expression on my face because of the crappiness there. BUT AT DISNEY?!

I wanted to say “ARE YOU ON CRACK?!”

I mean, I don't think I look like her. I HOPE NOT.

I think he might’ve given me a sticker before we ran for our lives down Sunset Blvd.

We were headed towards the Hollywood Tower Hotel to get some FPs.

Since Seth wasn’t at the stupid park yet (…), I just got a FP for him with Mum’s ticket. And then one for me with my ticket of course. He was the only one going on with me since all of the others are scaredy cats. Mum went on once when it was just one drop, which would’ve been soooo lame. Now she won’t go on because it is different every time with x amount of drops. I am dragging her on in August though. She better be ready.

So the FPs I got were from 10:50-11:50.

Then we looked around in some shops while we waited for “the other people (minus one)” to arrive. Jackie sent us a text saying they were on their way.

And I just hoped it was going to be the right park they were headed to.

Some random Christmas tree in some shop (possibly Carthay Circle?).

I also got a Madame Leota snow globe which is PERFECT for my bedroom. (and if you haven’t seen my awesome bedroom, here is the link) in the Villains store. I got it shipped to the front of the park since it is frag-il-E.

Mum’s phone started ringing and it was Seth. They arrived. Booo, I mean yay…

I told him to meet us at Starring Roles and then I thought “oh wait. They don’t know where that is because they are clueless…”

So I had to tell them “the place with the red umbrellas.” And they found something for once! Shocker.

I told Seth that I got FPs for THE TOWER OF TERROR and we could go on, so we headed back down Sunset.

It was like 10:49. And our next FP was available in a minute so we got FPs for my all time favorite ride before going to ToT. YAYYYY.

So we headed to ToT and basically walked right on because I am famous of course and they let me and anyone with moi to the front of the line. I am just so special.

So our ride on ToT was just fabulous. We were in the back row. It wasn’t the greatest ride sequence ever, but still awesome.

At the end, we were sitting there in the dark for like five minutes with children yelling “TAKE ME HOME!!!!!!” And I tried to hold my laughter in. I am so mean, seriously. It was just so funny.

Seth LOVED it. ToT wasn’t there when he was at Disney last so it was all brand new to him. And plus he is a big Twilight Zone fan, so this ride was perfect for him.

We met back up with everyone else and headed over to Muppet Vision 3DDDDDD. Troy wanted to see it again, of course.

I showed “the other people (minus one)” the key.

Not impressed.

I hate my family.

During the show, Mum was trying to take a nap. She really didn’t want to see it again, and really, neither did I. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE The Muppets, but I would’ve rather to do something else.

Troy didn’t want to give up his glasses when we got out of the theater. And he took all of ours.

He probably thought they were souvenirs.

Then he wanted to throw some coins into the fountain.

SO CUTE.

Then I noticed the tattoo stand right outside of Muppet Vision.

DISNEY TATTOOOOOOS. YAY.

Last edited by LifeIsDis; 02-21-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #199
melmar136
DIS Veteran

You like a few other bears! The wee bears from Brave!!! And maybe Duffy...just a little?

OMG! I forgot about that weird kid at the Studios!!! I'm not sure if he thought he was funny, or if he was just a wacko?! And maybe you looked like Kristen Stewart from the lack of expression on your face, due to being completely unamused by the weird kid?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #200
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
You like a few other bears! The wee bears from Brave!!! And maybe Duffy...just a little?

OMG! I forgot about that weird kid at the Studios!!! I'm not sure if he thought he was funny, or if he was just a wacko?! And maybe you looked like Kristen Stewart from the lack of expression on your face, due to being completely unamused by the weird kid?

Well yes. I LOVE those three WEEEE bears! Duffy and I have a very complicated relationship though. If he still keeps on dissin' Pooh, we are over.
That dude was NUTZ. (the kool kids spell nutz like that). Well usually, I am smiling and skippin' 'round Disney. But when FPs are involved, I AM GOING TO BE MAD IF YOU TALK TO ME AND TELL ME I LOOK LIKE SOME IDIOT.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #201
iluvdoombuggies
Mouseketeer

I just had to tell you that I love your room. The Haunted Mansion rocks!!!!

'77 Off-Site 10/97 Dixie Landings 8/98 Poly/ASM 8/01 Off-Site 9/06 Pop 1/07 AS Sports 10/07 AKL 6/11 POR

Old 02-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #202
Holly324
Mouseketeer

Hi!! I just found your trip report, and I loved it so far...you make me laugh! Enough that I even went back and read your last trip report! So much fun!!! Looking forward to more! Hope things get a little less frustrating on this trip!

Old 02-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #203
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdoombuggies View Post
I just had to tell you that I love your room. The Haunted Mansion rocks!!!!
Thank you! It's one of my favorite attractions (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly324 View Post
Hi!! I just found your trip report, and I loved it so far...you make me laugh! Enough that I even went back and read your last trip report! So much fun!!! Looking forward to more! Hope things get a little less frustrating on this trip!
Hi there!
Awwww thanks so much! I'm glad you are enjoying it!
I'm so happy you read my last one too. That must've taken a while!
Well... ya know. It's the never ending trip of eye rolling and complaining, so there can't be any promises!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #204
LifeIsDis

Hellloooooo there!
Long time, no update!
Sorry about that! I mean, I have had this one written for like a week but I got my wisdom teeth out and have been resting on the couch since Friday. So, anyways, hope you enjoy it! (:

Tattoos, a Mickey bar, and CUPCAKES...well and a fruit tart because SOME IDIOT got one
(I don't know what my deal is with long titles lately)

I wanted to get a Disney tattoo. I already knew which one I was gonna get.

The Troy Bolton one.

And if you don’t know who Troy Bolton is, SHAME ON YOU.

Mum actually has a huge crush on him.

I’m not joking about that.

She will even admit it.

I mean, she should know who Troy Bolton is…

And it is sad I still remember his name, along with everyone else on those stupid movies.

And I still might know some of the songs…

And I might have been watching the movie when it was on like two weeks ago.

I said MIGHT HAVE.

ANYWAYS………………………

Here I was getting my tattoo. It REALLY hurt.

Then Troy was debating about getting one. He thought it “would stay like daddy’s.” No, that’s a little different. I think he ended up getting one because I did.

Ta da!

So cute!

Modeling our tattoos.

I got a Jack Sandy Claus one. I loved it!

Admiring his.

All set to go!

Seriously, when he wears those sunglasses, he is soooooo adaorable.

Then it was time to use our FPs for Rockin’ Roller Coaster. My favorite ♥

We left Troy with Mimi. They went to go see Indiana Jones while we headed BACK to Sunset.

We only waited like 10 minutes to get on, and once we got into the alley, we told Jackie to look away. I knew she would want to go out the chicken exit once she saw a limo take off.

A CM told us to take front row once we got to the front and I was like “YESSSSSSSSSSS!”

But Mum was “too scared” so we let some guys sit there instead, while we had to sit in second.

Ridiculous.

AND I WAS ALL EXCITED.

Pretty soon, Steven Tyler was screaming in our ears and we were heading to an Aerosmith concert.

Best. Ride. EVER.

Once we got off, Jackie was like “I WANT TO GO AGAIN!”

WHAT?

You were scared of EVEREST and now you want to go on RRC AGAIN because you LOVED it so much?

I will never understand.

I mean, OF COURSE you want to go on again because it is so awesome, but you were “thinking about” BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN.

Ok then…

This was our ride picture. Those stupid pink lights.

Seth and Jackie bought their ride picture as a digital download. The CM was telling them there is this new thing where you can pay this certain price and buy as many ride pictures as you want. And Jackie was like “I wish we knew about this sooner! Now it would be a waste because it’s our last day!” That’s really too bad…

It is part of Photopass+ or something, because everything is extra magical and has a “+” after every single word.

As we were walking BACK down Sunset, I stopped at the DVC kiosk to trade a pin. We ended up talking to the CM that worked there about DVC, where our home resort was, etc. Then these two women come up and ask US “oh, what is this?” We just stood there and we were like “ummm… we don’t work here!" Then we got out of the way and the CM started explain what the awesomeness that DVC is. The fact that people think we were at Disney is pretty awesome. I mean, people think that I work at a grocery store that is near us and they ask me questions.

So then we headed over to Indiana Jones to wait for Mimi and Troy.

AND THERE WAS AN ICE CREAM STAND.

MICKEY BAR MICKEY BAR MICKEY BAR. NOMS NOMS NOMS.

DUH.

So craving one of these puppies right now.

Mum got a Mickey ice cream sandwich. EXTRA NOMS.

We ate our ice cream and sat on a bench. And waited.

I ate my Mickey bar in like two seconds cause I’m a little piggy.

Mimi and Troy came out soon and Troy LOVED the show. He kept telling us all about it!

Then I wanted a cupcake.

Yes, I KNOW I just ate a Mickey bar, but I wasn’t going to leave without a RED VELVET CUPCAKE AKA THE BEST THING EVER CREATED.

So we went over to Starring Rolls.

It was pretty crowded in there, but it always is. PEOPLE WANT YUMMY BAKED GOODS. I don’t blame them one bit.

We got our cupcakes and then checked out. The CM who was checking us out was SO slow and was about 100 years old.

I guess when you retire and move to Florida, you work at Disney and gain 500 pounds because you work in a bake shop. That will be me. Except I’ll be working for Disney a lot sooner than that. And I will get paid more since Obama just raised the minimum wage BY A WHOLE DOLLAR. Yayyyy!

MY RED VELVET CUPCAKE.

Mum got the butterfinger cupcake.

And this is someone’s fruit tart. I think it was Seth’s.

BUT WHHYYYYY WOULD YOU GET FRUIT WHEN THERE ARE RED VELVET CUPCAKES?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?

WHACKOOOOO.

Troy got one of those kid pack things, which I think is a pretty good deal! I mean, it is like $5.50 and you get a cookie, goldfish, yogurt, a cheese stick, carrots, and a milk, and I am probably missing something. And it comes it the most adorable box EVER CREATED.

PLEASE TELL ME THAT IS NOT THE MOST ADORABLE THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN?!

Dying over Minnie in the doombuggy.

A lot.

At this point, we were ready to head out of the park.

I got my snow globe at the package pick-up since it is frag-il-E. I also pin traded there since they have a mini pin board. They usually have a lot of good pins too! Also, they never have it out. It is off to the side and you can’t really see it that well. So just ask for it if you are up there!

We headed to the bus stop and got on a bus to the TTC, since we were going to take a monorail from there to my second home. ♥

I sat with Troy and the whole ride we took crazy pictures. That kid is so awesome.

Cutie ♥

He wanted me to take a picture of this ad. “IT IS SANTA!”

I bet y’all really wanted to see those ridiculous pictures of us.

I know what you are thinking.

“I CANNOT GET OVER HOW AWESOME THEY ARE.”

I know, I know.

Our—well MY—awesomeness is hard to handle.

Anywayyyyssss, we got to the TTC and took a monorail over to MK.

An amazing night was in our futures.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #205
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

LOVE the tattoos! Those are so cute. AND yes, the box his treats came in is adorable. I will have to get one of those for Logan so I can have it. lol
Old 02-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #206
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

omg i wanna get a treat box thingy too but p[artly becauyse i think that minnie in the doom buggy would make for an Epic tattoo!!!

Old 02-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #207
melmar136
DIS Veteran

yes, you really should have gotten a tattoo of Troy. I forgot his last name was Bolton. Although, I did not have a crush on him back then, nor now. Now, he is just hot. (and also now over 18) lol
Zac Efron and cupcakes in the same post? wow!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #208
Holly324
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post

Hi there!
Awwww thanks so much! I'm glad you are enjoying it!
I'm so happy you read my last one too. That must've taken a while!
Well... ya know. It's the never ending trip of eye rolling and complaining, so there can't be any promises!
Yep, it did.... I may or may not have been neglecting things that I should have been doing while reading......

Oh, those cupcakes look AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I am sooo hungry now! And that treat box is adorable.

I rode RnRC in the front row last time we were in HS, and it was the best!! It made my eyes water, and now I can't ride in any other row without feeling like I am missing something.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #209
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzzygirl View Post
LOVE the tattoos! Those are so cute. AND yes, the box his treats came in is adorable. I will have to get one of those for Logan so I can have it. lol
Thanks! I loved mine. And Troy’s was adorable!
Isn’t it?! I really wanted to take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
omg i wanna get a treat box thingy too but p[artly becauyse i think that minnie in the doom buggy would make for an Epic tattoo!!!
That would be an AWESOME tattoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
yes, you really should have gotten a tattoo of Troy. I forgot his last name was Bolton. Although, I did not have a crush on him back then, nor now. Now, he is just hot. (and also now over 18) lol
Zac Efron and cupcakes in the same post? wow!!!
YES YOU DO HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM NOW.
Well this comment was embarrassing…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly324 View Post
Yep, it did.... I may or may not have been neglecting things that I should have been doing while reading......

Oh, those cupcakes look AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I am sooo hungry now! And that treat box is adorable.

I rode RnRC in the front row last time we were in HS, and it was the best!! It made my eyes water, and now I can't ride in any other row without feeling like I am missing something.
Hahaha well my TRs are VERY important!
DON’T THEY?!?!?! SOOOO GOOD.
I REALLY want to ride in the front. But SOMEONE doesn’t. Not naming any names…
Old 02-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #210
LifeIsDis

That one time that we ate at Blank Blank Blank

Yes, there is a restaurant at Disney called Blank Blank Blank.

I JUST DON’T WANT TO RUIN THE SURPRISE, OKKKKK?!

I was thinking about calling the place by its real name in the title, but I wanted it to be suspenseful.

You’re welcome.

Sooooo, there we were, having a lovely ride on the highway in the sky over to my second house.

Once we got there, we got off the monorail, and decided we wanted to try to get on Splash again. Someone had to stay with Troy so Mum watched him because she didn’t want to go on.

We dragged Mimi with us.

She was mad.

This was only the start of that…

Mum found a spot on Main Street to watch the parade. And then Troy fell asleep. Awesome…

We headed to Frontierland and there was only a 10 minute wait for Splash. Good, because I didn’t want to wait. I am so ridiculous.

I sat in the front row with Mimi. Seth and Jackie sat behind us.

And we got SOAKED.

Yes, yes, yes, SPLASH WAS WORKING. No backstage this time around!

THIS PICTURE OF MY GRANDMOTHER. LAUGHING SO HARD. (and don’t I look lovely?!)

Had to post that, oh my god.

So yeah, we had a wonderful ride down the Briar Patch.

Next we headed over to Big Thunder Mountain. It said there was a 30 minute wait but we walked right on!

I sat with Mimi once again.

She screamed.

She was mad we dragged her on.

At least it was kind of like a little blow dry!

Yeah, not so much.

Mimi wanted to fix her hair because it was a disaster. SO WAS MINE AND IT WASN’T LIKE I CARED. I mean, maybe I would have cared once I found out where we were going to dinner in less than five minutes…

Jackie’s phone started going off.

It was Mum.

I was basically screaming.

Jackie was like “OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED WHAT IS WRONG?!”

I told her nothing happened and she was SO mad at me because I freaked her out. She thought something happened to Troy.

Mimi was still in the bathroom.

We needed to leave Frontierland RIGHT THAT MINUTE.

I was FREAKING out.

It seemed like I could barely breathe at that point.

Mimi finally got out of the bathroom and I told her we needed to go NOW.

Except Seth and Jackie weren’t coming with us.

As a birthday gift for Seth, we gave him a Disney gift card and we made an ADR at Kouzzina for them this night, so they could just have dinner together.

So I told them they needed to get going to make it for their ADR. I gave them directions to how to get out of the park (ridiculous, I know) and how to get to the Boardwalk.

We said bye and I grabbed onto Mimi’s hand and basically pulled her to our destination.

I was freaking out because we needed to get to Mum and Troy THAT MINUTE. I was afraid we weren’t going to make it.

Seriously, that woman walks SOOOOOOO slow. I lost her at some points. I am a VERY fast walker and I was getting annoyed and I told her we needed to go faster and I got yelled at.

“WELL I CAN’T WALK ANY FASTER!!!!!”

Well then…

We made it to our destination within SECONDS. Our buzzer was going off when we got there.

We grabbed Troy out of his stroller. He was still sleeping. Awesome…

We brought our buzzer up to the front and waited all about a minute before someone was calling our last name.

Guys.

Do not freak out.

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

WE GOT INTO BE OUR GUEST AAAAHHHHH

I couldn’t believe it.

WE GOT INTO BE OUR GUEST FOR DINNER.

I still can’t get over it.

Mum went up to the podium at 3:45 as a WALK UP GUYS.

And we got in.

We weren’t able to get an ADR AT ALL. We were at Disney when they were released and I heard it was just nuts on the phone lines. So we waited. And nothing.

So if any of you can’t get an ADR for BOG, GO AS A WALK UP RIGHT WHEN IT OPENS FOR DINNER.

You will end up having an early dinner, BUT WHO REALLY CARES. YOU ARE EATING AT BE OUR GUEST.

So yeah.

I was basically crying.

We were the first ones in the ballroom.

THE FIRST ONES.

OF THE NIGHT.

Yes, we got seated IN THE BALLROOM.

I was in shock.

My mouth was wide open going in there.

And I think that is what the Imagineers wanted. It looks EXACTLY like the movie. I couldn’t think of one more thing to make this restaurant any more amazing. When you first step foot in there, it is like you are in the movie. In a small village in France. I felt like I was. I couldn’t get over where I was. I was in Be Our Guest. After MONTHS of watching videos online of it that the Parks Blog posted, I was here. It felt like a dream.

We were seated and I was DYING. A LOT. Like, you guys don’t understand.

This is my view right now. I am blown away.

Oh yeah. IT SNOWS “OUTSIDE.”

I mean, COME ON. JUST STOP. LIKE. AHHHHH. I still can’t get over how beautiful this restaurant is. We are eating at Be Our Guest in August (WE GOT AN ADR!!!... which was not hard to get AT ALL) and I don’t think I will live. I see pictures of the restaurant ALL THE TIME and I get goose bumps because it is spectacular.

HOW PERFECT ARE THE NAPKINS.

AND THE MENUS.

STILL DYING OVER HERE.

And oh yeah. While I was dying and crying, Troy was having a total meltdown because he wanted Seth and Jackie and I think because he was tired. This was just… I don’t know. I felt bad and I was trying to enjoy the experience at the same time. So adding a crying kid was not cool, but what are you gonna do about it?! I probably sound like a bad cousin, but when you put me in a restaurant LIKE THIS, I’m sorry. And thankfully, he didn’t cry the whole meal. Mum brought him to the bathroom and calmed him down. She then let him play some Angry Birds, which helped A LOT. And then something else, but we will get to that in a moment.

And how could I forget?

MY GRANDMOTHER ORDERED WINE.

AND WE WERE IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM.

I was like “you really aren’t going to drink that. OH YES YOU ARE OH MY GOD WHYYYYY.”

As I said in my post about the 50s Prime Time Café, DISNEY ISN’T FOLLOWING WALT’S LEGACY. Which then led to a rude comment from Jackie, but we aren’t going there now.

I mean, it’s not like they are selling it at stands in the park, BUT STILL. You are having alcohol. IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM.

I couldn’t believe my grandmother was really drinking.

Before I start ranting more, let’s move on, shall we?

So…. Our waiter, Scooter, brought over some bread for us, which I guess I didn’t take a picture of…??? Probably because Troy stole the whole basket thingy before I could. But it is some of my food pics, so that makes up for it, I guess?

To start off, I ordered the French Onion Soup and it was EXCELLENT. Oh my god, I went to heaven. I haven’t had the one at Le Chefs, but I heard this is better.

I am in shock right now. WE ARE IN THE BALLROOM AND I AM EATING FRENCH ONION SOUP.

For our entrees, Mum and I got the grilled strip steak, which came with fries.

It was VERY good. The steak was cooked perfectly and the fries were great. They had some kind of seasoning on them if I remember correctly that was awesome.

Mimi got the scallops, which came in a puff pastry.

She said it was very good!

Troy just got pasta or something and he ate ALL OF IT, which is a SHOCKER when it comes to him. He never finishes a meal. Disney magic, my peeps.

IT IS JUST SO AMAZING HERE.

Then it was time for dessert!

They bring around a case thingy FILLED with desserts. HEAVEN.

I asked Scooter if there was any way I could try the grey stuff. He said “are you celebrating a birthday or something?”

Ummm…SURE I AM!

I said no, but he said he would talk to Mrs. Potts in the kitchen.

So, yeah. The grey stuff is only for birthdays or celebrations, but it was very nice of him to get me some!

I ALSO got the chocolate cream puff WHICH WAS SO GOOD. And here is my awful picture of it.

Mimi’s dessert is in the back. She got the lemon meringue cupcake it looks like.

I have no clue what Mum got. I do know that Troy got the strawberry cream cheese cupcake which he LOVED.

Then Scooter brought out a little dollop of the grey stuff for me!

It was like a cookies and cream mousse type of thing. The spoonful I had was very good!

"Try the grey stuff, it's delicious! Don't believe me, ask the dishes!"

During the meal, THE BEAST comes out and pretty much waves to everyone. And oh my GOD, Troy went NUTS. He LOVED him. He was standing on his chair yelling “THE BEAST!” So cute!

You can meet him in the room where you order for lunch during the day. It is kinda towards the front of the restaurant. So I brought Troy in there after dessert and the CM working there was like “oh have you finished your meal?” And I was like “do I say yes? Or do I say no?” So I said no and that we were just finishing up and she said to come back once we were done.

So if you want to meet the Beast, you have to wait until after you are done with dinner. That is like “the rule” I guess.

So I brought Troy back to our table and on the way he was said he was very scared. So I picked him up (since I am such a great cousin) and asked him why. He said “The Beast!”

…but I thought you wanted to meet him five seconds ago?

He still said he wanted to meet him even though he was a little scared. Ok then.

So after we paid, we went back to the room with The Beast!

And by the way, they take Tables in Wonderland! OH YEAH!

We were the only ones in line so headed right up and Troy gave the Beast a GIANT hug. Well he gave his leg a hug anyway since he is like 1/20 of the size of the Beast.

It was so cool to meet the Beast, and seriously, HE IS SO TALL.

On our way out, we stopped at the knights in armor and they were so cool. They talk to each other, snore, and they sneeze sometimes. Reason 39475894356893465 why Be Our Guest is AMAZING.

This is a good video of them.

Awesome, RIGHT?!

IMAGINEERING AT ITS BEST PEOPLE.

JUST SAYIN’.

BEAUTIFUL.

Overview of Be Our Guest
Atmosphere: The atmosphere is INCREDIBLE. The only problem is is that it is SO dark in there. That’s why I needed to use a flash on my pictures. I heard the West Wing is SO much worse though. Can’t imagine that! 4.5/5
Food: The food was AWESOME. Everything was cooked right, and tasted great! 5/5
Service: Scooter was our waiter and he was nice enough. He seemed a little snotty though. 4/5

And before I forget, the menu at Be Our Guest changes seasonally. It just changed like a month ago. It has most of the same items on it, but they added a few new ones and took away some. I really like that!

As you can see, our experience at Be Our Guest was INCREDIBLE. It is now one of my top favorite restaurants and we will have to go on every trip, for either lunch or dinner, or BOTH! Y’all HAVE to try it out. It is DEFINETLY a must do for moi. Disney went above and beyond with the theming, the details, and I could go on for hours. They put you right into the movie and I couldn’t ask for anything more.

BEST MEAL EVER.

Last edited by LifeIsDis; 02-23-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: