Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #76
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Glad you got to stop in at GKTW. I know that will always be a special place for you guys.
It is... it brought back a lot of memories. Good and bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsayz View Post
hi joining in and i have no idea why this will be the last trip!!!
care to fill me in?

Technically, I haven't explained that yet. Some of these people think they know the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
What an amazing place GTKTW. I have a friend I went to high school with who just was there with her family, her DD has heart deformities, and they had the most amazing time. She said it has changed them all.
I agree, way to many stars.
GKTW is a place where you can forget about what you've been going through and just have a vacation away from it all. Every single volunteer we've come in contact with there was sooo nice. Too bad people everywhere didn't act like them. The world would be a better place.

Quote:
Holy luggage cart, Where you trying for a tipping tower?
There was no way I was going to be able to move all that luggage without a cart. I just piled it up and that is what it looked like.

Quote:
No sleep on the flight, but also no screaming crying baby right? Success!
No, not too much screaming. He did a little on the descent- I think his ears were bothering him a little. He just couldn't sit still on the plane. Nothing out of the ordinary for him though.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #77
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Technically, I haven't explained that yet. Some of these people think they know the reason.
One can always guess ..... guess that's what I do!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #78
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
One can always guess ..... guess that's what I do!
You can all guess away!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #79
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Glad to see no update while I was gone.

I thought I'd DIS while in flight and try to catch up on a few TR's.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #80
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Glad to see no update while I was gone.

I thought I'd DIS while in flight and try to catch up on a few TR's.
I was waiting for you!

I'm in the middle of writing an update but I needed to upload a few more pictures first.... doing that now!

I hope you had a great trip... it looked like you did. Loved all your updates!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #81
that's nice
DDC #330

Say It Ain't So... Friday 11/2

We had just arrived in Florida and spent a few hours at Give Kids the World. It was time to say goodbye and make the 20 minute drive over to Disney. The kids were excited... and so were the parents when we saw this:

It was a great feeling knowing we finally made it back. I had the GPS but I knew I just needed to follow signs for Animal Kingdom. We were almost there...

There it is!

I think someone was getting a little giddy!

We parked and walked over to checkin.

The checkin process went nice and smooth. I asked the CM about adding one more day on our reservation but it couldn't be done. She suggested trying on Friday and then again on Saturday. Our room wasn't ready so we took a walk over to the gift shop and then outside. We were outside for 2 minutes when I was getting a text. Our room was ready! Sweet!

We drove over to Cabanas 8B and saw we had a first floor standard room. Awesome. Just what we wanted. I forget our room number (i forgot to take a picture of it) but we were on the right hand side of the building- a mere 30 second walk to the bus stop. We plopped all our belongings down- well, it was more like I took numerous trips to the car- and started to unpack a bit. Christopher decided he would help.

We didn't have much time to play around though. We had to get ready for dinner. A couple quick showers and we were off. Christopher passed out before we were even off CSR property. It didn't take long till we were pulling into the Contemporary.

I took Christopher out of the car and laid him in the stroller. He didn't even move. The kid was beat. We walked over and got checked in for dinner at Chef Mickey's! The line was no existent. I guess we were the line. LOL

I think I take this picture every time.

Continued in next post.......
Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #82
that's nice
DDC #330

Say It Ain't So...Pt.2 Friday 11/2

We skipped the picture at the plate and waited for less than 5 minutes. Our buzzer went off and we were brought to our table. We brought the stroller because we couldn't leave Christopher behind…..

We ordered our drinks and the characters were coming.

I felt bad that Christopher was going to miss out, but he woke up right when after Minnie came to visit. Good thing because his favorite, Mickey Mouse, was coming over next. He watched Juliana take a picture with him but wanted nothing to do with him.

When Mickey got close Christopher started screaming. Oh Boy!

Goofy was next.. and was sneaking up on Christopher.

That wasn't a good idea. Christopher started screaming and crying… You can see him trying to have Melody hold him here..

Pluto was up next… It was like rapid fire. He got down to Christopher's level but still Christopher was flipping out.

I wanted a picture with Juliana and Christopher but Mr. Crying Pants didn't want anything to do with it.

There was a little break so I ran to get Juliana, Christopher, and myself something to eat while Melody hung back and hung with the screamer.

I couldn't believe Christopher hated the characters. I mean- he knows them. His whole room is Mickey Mouse. He has been staring at Mickey since he was born. This was going to make for a looooong week.

Juliana and I got back to the table with our food and Donald was 2 tables over. I got ready for more screaming. Donald came over and once again, Christopher started to cry. Donald didn't like that. He got down on his knees and started waving to Mr. Cryee.

Christopher stopped crying and Donald got closer…

Donald started playing peek-a-boo with Christopher and Mr. Cryee's mood changed from crying and hating the characters to laughing and liking Donald. We left Christopher in his seat- we didn't want to ruin the moment and took a few quick pictures with the 'Don'

From the moment Donald came to our table, Christopher started to love the characters. It was like a bit of Disney magic. Mickey even stopped back and we were able to take a picture with him and the kids without screaming.

I don't really want to talk to much about the food here because, well, it wasn't every good. I was really disappointed with it. Melody was too. The chicken was dried out. The sauce tasted worse than jar sauce. Some food was cold…. etc. But we did like the desserts.

We finished up with dinner and walked toward the monorail. It was going to be the first ride of the trip!

We made it on the monorail for our first ride around the loop. Christopher was more interested looking at all the people than smiling for pictures…

MNSSHP was going on and I thought about getting tickets. I'm so glad we didn't because the kids would have been miserable… and the parents might of been too. Here is a blurry shot of the train station!

We got back to the Contemporary and headed back to the car. We made the short drive back to CSR. Melody got the kids ready for bed and I had took a walk to grab some milk.

Once agin the place was empty…

We got the kids to bed and I turned in early too. I had to be up at 5 to run in the GKTW Gingerbread Run 5k in the morning!!!!

Up next…. run, run as fast as you can!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #83
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Aws poor Christopher was probably just tired for the first few characters, I'm glad he came round though.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #84
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

hey I have good timing once again

oh my not a good start with Christopher's first character meet & greet....they are so big to such a little man...happy Donald was able to break the ice and it was fun for all after that!

bummer about the yucky food, dessert does look yummy - we think the food for breakfast is better!

Old 12-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #85
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That wasn't a good idea. Christopher started screaming and crying…
He probably was afraid that he was going to try to steal his Yuengling.

Sorry the character interaction didn't go better, but you guys are off to a fun start....unpacked and hitting Chef Mickey's.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #86
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm glad he got over his fears. Poor guy. I have heard the dinner isn't too great. We had breakfast once and it was just ok.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #87
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
I think someone was getting a little giddy!
Is that what you call it?

Quote:
Our room wasn't ready so we took a walk over to the gift shop and then outside. We were outside for 2 minutes when I was getting a text. Our room was ready! Sweet!
That's the fastest maid service ever!

Quote:
Christopher decided he would help.

Quote:
Good thing because his favorite, Mickey Mouse, was coming over next. He watched Juliana take a picture with him but wanted nothing to do with him.

When Mickey got close Christopher started screaming. Oh Boy!

Welcome to the Happiest Place on Earth!

[QUOTE=that's nice;46902885]I couldn't believe Christopher hated the characters. I mean- he knows them. His whole room is Mickey Mouse. He has been staring at Mickey since he was born. This was going to make for a looooong week. [/QUOTE'

Maybe he's hated them from birth. Mickey could be like that clown doll from Poltergeist in his eyes.

Quote:
Donald started playing peek-a-boo with Christopher and Mr. Cryee's mood changed from crying and hating the characters to laughing and liking Donald. We left Christopher in his seat- we didn't want to ruin the moment and took a few quick pictures with the 'Don'
Peek-a-boo is the ultimate secret weapon.

Quote:
I don't really want to talk to much about the food here because, well, it wasn't every good. I was really disappointed with it. Melody was too. The chicken was dried out. The sauce tasted worse than jar sauce. Some food was cold…. etc. But we did like the desserts.
That stinks. I remember liking it when we ate there. I guess the mileage varies on the food quality.

Quote:
We finished up with dinner and walked toward the monorail. It was going to be the first ride of the trip!
NOW it's an official Disney trip!

Quote:
We got the kids to bed and I turned in early too. I had to be up at 5 to run in the GKTW Gingerbread Run 5k in the morning!!!!
5:00 a.m.? Runners.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #88
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear that Donald was able to warm Christopher up to liking the characters!!! Hopefully he was better with them throughout the week!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #89
shalom
DIS Veteran

Donald's not the one who first comes to mind when you think of charming a crying child, but timing is everything, I guess.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #90
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Aws poor Christopher was probably just tired for the first few characters, I'm glad he came round though.
I'm sure the lack of sleep and just waking up had a big part in what was going on with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
hey I have good timing once again
Yes. Yes you do!

Quote:
oh my not a good start with Christopher's first character meet & greet....they are so big to such a little man...happy Donald was able to break the ice and it was fun for all after that!
We were still worried... we had a long trip ahead.

Quote:
bummer about the yucky food, dessert does look yummy - we think the food for breakfast is better!
We have eaten breakfast & dinner there a few times. I think I'd just stick to breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
He probably was afraid that he was going to try to steal his Yuengling.
Good eye! Christopher loves Yuengling!

Quote:
Sorry the character interaction didn't go better, but you guys are off to a fun start....unpacked and hitting Chef Mickey's.
We did have a good time at dinner... even with Christopher being fussy. He did love the monorail though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm glad he got over his fears. Poor guy. I have heard the dinner isn't too great. We had breakfast once and it was just ok.
We have eaten dinner there 3 times and I feel like the quality has gone down each time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: