Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #151
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

First of all, Merry Christmas!

Well...it would have been nice to have gotten a little heads up on this! Lol.
I thought this was the trip you weren't going to do a TR for? As if... I'm kidding...

I had no idea that your plans got that messy. Wow...

I love our little airport...and of course...Juliana would stop and play with the umbrellas!

And if I haven't already said it, I love the first flight out in the morning.

I cannot look at all those stars and not get a little choked up. Nice job with the run, too1

We were in Cabanas 8B the last time we stayed at CSR. I think its a fantastic location and you're super close to the bus stop, close to the pool, and not too far from the main building, either.

How cute are Melody and Juliana with their Minnie coordinated outfits on? Super cute!

You got great shots of the pool and Juliana. Now I'm getting even more excited! Can't wait to find out who the mystery guest is!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 12-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #152
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
Jumping in a little late, but oh well!
Thanks for reading!!!

Quote:
Loved your pictures from the race! I'm not too familiar with the organization but it definitely seems like a wonderful cause that's very close to your heart. I'm also a fairly new runner (I started in April) so I know how exciting a sub-30 5k time cane be (or at least how it was for me!) Point of my ramble- congrats!
Give Kids the World is wonderful. If you have a few minutes, look them up.

I started running this year too. I'm actually injured right now and can't train for the Disney 1/2 marathon that I'm running in 2 weeks!

Quote:
It looks like you had beautiful weather. CSR looks like a nice place, especially the pool!
I love CSR and my DW just likes it. We would of been staying anywhere else if the price was comparable.

Quote:
Did you find your saving to be significant going into Tampa, even with a car rental? I never considered using another airport (instead of MCO) so I'm curious.
We usually rent cars when we goto Florida because we go off property to meet up with Melody's (DW) family. Her grandfather lives in Bradenton and her cousin lives in Ocoee. We also like driving to the parks or to eat at the other resorts. I use priceline a few weeks before and usually get pretty good deals on the rental. For whatever reason, the flights into MCO were extremely high for that week. We saved close to $180 on the flights down and even more than that on the returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
looks like you and Juliana had a great time in the pool! happy you got a little down time before heading backto the park!
Juliana is a fish. She'd stay in that pool all day if we let her.

It was just a perfect day for swimming... I don't blame her wanting to stay in there for as long as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
First of all, Merry Christmas!
Tina!!!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!!!

So much for a few inches of snow... we got close to a foot today!

Quote:
Well...it would have been nice to have gotten a little heads up on this! Lol.
I thought this was the trip you weren't going to do a TR for? As if... I'm kidding...
Surprise! I'm doing a TR.

Quote:
I had no idea that your plans got that messy. Wow...
Oh there was more that happened... but I didn't want to bore & confuse everyone.

Quote:
I love our little airport...and of course...Juliana would stop and play with the umbrellas!
It is a nice airport- especially since the renovations.

Quote:
And if I haven't already said it, I love the first flight out in the morning.
I do too... it was a little tough since the kids stayed up the whole morning.

Quote:
I cannot look at all those stars and not get a little choked up. Nice job with the run, too!
Thank you.

Quote:
We were in Cabanas 8B the last time we stayed at CSR. I think its a fantastic location and you're super close to the bus stop, close to the pool, and not too far from the main building, either.
WE've stayed in 8b both stays at CSR and I really like that location.

Quote:
How cute are Melody and Juliana with their Minnie coordinated outfits on? Super cute!

You got great shots of the pool and Juliana. Now I'm getting even more excited! Can't wait to find out who the mystery guest is!
2 more days!!!!!! Have a great trip! At least the snow came today. You should be fine getting out of here on time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #153
marvali
DIS Veteran

Okay, finally all caught up! Sorry I was so far behind, but luckily you post like some other people around here.............

Poor Christopher with the characters. I guess as tired as he had to be, and just waking up, it wasn't very good timing to have the characters show up right away. He probably would have been fine if he had a few minutes to see them at other tables first.

As I was when you posted the pictures of all those stars from your GKTW trip, it breaks my heart to know so many children have had to put their stars up there! Not to even think about those who haven't even had that chance! So nice to see Juliana's star and know she has beat this thing!

Seeing those pictures of Juliana from 2009 made me a little teary, but then made me smile really big thinking about what a happy and lively young lady she is, and what a lovely young princess she continues to become!

So glad you got to go back to GKTW and give back participating in the run! It looks like a wonderful event and I'm thinking I need to find some time in the future to include some volunteer time there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

They gave out awards for the top runners...

Now wait a minute.......you aren't in the picture but THESE guys were all in the group of top runners???

Quote:
I finished the run in 29:30.. not too bad.
Just kidding you! Congrats on your time, but I think I could do a little bit better than that personally!!! Uh, that WAS a mile run right???

Quote:
I've been crying all weekend. She has grown into a beautiful young girl. The same age that those murdered kids were.
So sad! Was it bad of me that the first thing I thought of was Juliana and I had to text Kathy and ask if you guys were anywhere close to this? What a terrible tragedy for all of those families..........and the kids who lived through it that have to deal with those memories on a daily basis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
well at least you didn't accuse me of stalking
Yeah, you don't want to be lumped into the same group with me...........

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 12-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #154
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for reading!!!

Give Kids the World is wonderful. If you have a few minutes, look them up.

I started running this year too. I'm actually injured right now and can't train for the Disney 1/2 marathon that I'm running in 2 weeks!

I love CSR and my DW just likes it. We would of been staying anywhere else if the price was comparable.

We usually rent cars when we goto Florida because we go off property to meet up with Melody's (DW) family. Her grandfather lives in Bradenton and her cousin lives in Ocoee. We also like driving to the parks or to eat at the other resorts. I use priceline a few weeks before and usually get pretty good deals on the rental. For whatever reason, the flights into MCO were extremely high for that week. We saved close to $180 on the flights down and even more than that on the returns.

I'll have to make sure to check out other airports when I'm planning my next trip- thanks for the info!

I had a knee injury during my first half marathon training. Don't stress, though! I'm sure you can make it through!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
Old 12-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #155
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We did a lot of swimming that day too. It was such a great day. So different not to rush to the parks right away.

I love your pictures of the pool area. Beautiful colors.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #156
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Okay, finally all caught up! Sorry I was so far behind, but luckily you post like some other people around here.............
Who are you speaking of?

Quote:
Poor Christopher with the characters. I guess as tired as he had to be, and just waking up, it wasn't very good timing to have the characters show up right away. He probably would have been fine if he had a few minutes to see them at other tables first.
That is probably it. He still had me worried.

Quote:
As I was when you posted the pictures of all those stars from your GKTW trip, it breaks my heart to know so many children have had to put their stars up there! Not to even think about those who haven't even had that chance! So nice to see Juliana's star and know she has beat this thing!

Seeing those pictures of Juliana from 2009 made me a little teary, but then made me smile really big thinking about what a happy and lively young lady she is, and what a lovely young princess she continues to become!
Thanks Marv. It has been a long road but she is a fighter and will always be one.

Quote:
So glad you got to go back to GKTW and give back participating in the run! It looks like a wonderful event and I'm thinking I need to find some time in the future to include some volunteer time there!
I wish we had time to volunteer there... plus the kids have to be older. I think once the kids get older we will spend a day there volunteering.

Quote:
Now wait a minute.......you aren't in the picture but THESE guys were all in the group of top runners???
LOLOL

Quote:
Just kidding you! Congrats on your time, but I think I could do a little bit better than that personally!!! Uh, that WAS a mile run right???
1 mile X 3 !

Quote:
So sad! Was it bad of me that the first thing I thought of was Juliana and I had to text Kathy and ask if you guys were anywhere close to this? What a terrible tragedy for all of those families..........and the kids who lived through it that have to deal with those memories on a daily basis!
It is horrible. Newtown is such a small quaint town. Honestly, if it could happen there, it could happen anywhere. It was scarier for us being that Juliana is the same age as those kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
I'll have to make sure to check out other airports when I'm planning my next trip- thanks for the info!
Not sure where you live in CT but you can try flying out of Providence, White Plains, or Stewart.

Quote:
I had a knee injury during my first half marathon training. Don't stress, though! I'm sure you can make it through!
Thanks! I hope I can make it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
We did a lot of swimming that day too. It was such a great day. So different not to rush to the parks right away.

I love your pictures of the pool area. Beautiful colors.
Thanks Jen. I really do love the pool area at CSR.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #157
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Looks like it was a nice time at the pool. I always have a hard time justifying swimming in a pool when you're spending thousands of dollars to be at Disney, but at least is has a pyramid. And a waterslide. So you've got that going for you, which is nice.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #158
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 12-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #159
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year to one of my favorite DIS families...especially those precious kids

Old 01-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #160
marvali
DIS Veteran

Tim, Happy New Year to you and your family!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #161
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Looks like it was a nice time at the pool. I always have a hard time justifying swimming in a pool when you're spending thousands of dollars to be at Disney, but at least is has a pyramid. And a waterslide. So you've got that going for you, which is nice.

I feel the same way. But considering we had 10 days there, I could let Juliana swim for a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Thank you Karin! Wishing you the best in 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Happy New Year to one of my favorite DIS families...especially those precious kids

Thank you Kathy!!!!! Happy New Year to you and Mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Tim, Happy New Year to you and your family!!!
Thank you Marv! Happy New Year to you too!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #162
that's nice
DDC #330

So Happy Together.... Saturday 11/3

We had spent some time at the pool and received a call that our guest would be arriving shortly. We finished getting ready and headed to El Centro....

It was such a gorgeous day. Warm & sunny with barely a cloud in the sky.

Could this be the bus?

Nope... wasn't it.

Maybe this is the bus...

YEP THAT's THE ONE WE WERE WAITING FOR!

Grama is here!!!!

Kisses for everyone!

My mom was going to be joining us for the week. I guess it wasn't going be just the 4 of us after all. We went to get my mom checked in which went very quickly. Her room was ready and it was connecting to ours. We walked toward the room, dropped off a few things, and went to the bus stop. We weren't going to hang at the resort, we were going to take our first step in a park.

I'd say someone was happy to be here....

We were getting closer...

Really close!!!

We stopped for a quick picture..

The headed toward Main St.

Looking back we saw the Avengers monorail.

We were finally here!!!!!

Awww what's one more family picture??

We had a little surprise for Christopher. His first DISNEY haircut! We checked in at the barber shop and had a short wait. While we were waiting I walked over to City Hall and try to get our 10 day non expiring passes changed into APs. I could tell the girl who waited on me was on her game and knew exactly what to do. Not only did she price bridge our tickets, but I had a $20 credit for both my & Melody's ticket ($40 total), which I used to purchase our Tables In Wonderland card. SCORE! I didn't get the AP for Juliana. I was going back and forth about this. I knew that for the Fantasyland preview each person needed an AP but decided if I could just change hers later in the week if I needed to.

I walked back over to the barber shop and Christopher was getting called in.

How do you keep a 1 yr old occupied while sitting in the seat?

Stickers and spinny things.

Christopher sat amazingly good! What do you think Bub?

He also got his first haircut ears!

Just so Juliana didn't feel left out, our barber hooked Juliana up with some hair sparkles.

We didn't have much time between Christopher's cut and our dinner ADR. We did see that the wait for Mickey was pretty short. We walked across Main St. It seemed that Christopher knew the way.

I guess walking to the castle would have to wait for another day.

As we were walking I noticed that it was time for the flag lowering ceremony. We stood and watched while the flag was lowered.

Up next.... Meeting Mickey had to go better than the first time... right?

Last edited by that's nice; 01-02-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #163
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Yay for Grandma arriving! ..... and heading to a park ...... and photopass pics ....... and

Cutiepie's first haircut. How good is he to sit through it and he looks super cute with his new ears (and new haircut )
Moree yay for some sprinkly pixie dust on Juliana's hair!

Can't wait to hear about Christopher meeting Mickey for the second time. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a "happy" reunion.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #164
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

love the photo of Grama and Juliana on the bus and of Grama and Christopher walking down main street, what sweet, happy memories!
little man did great with his hair cut and both kids look so cute with their new "do's"

Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #165
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Tim I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's! I stayed fairly offline over the break so am a bit behind.

I love the way you made Christopher's nap time work for everyone. That pool at CSR is loads of fun and I remember how much fun Katie had at the playground.

Quote:

I'd say someone was happy to be here....

We stopped for a quick picture..

Awww what's one more family picture??

We had a little surprise for Christopher. His first DISNEY haircut!
Stickers and spinny things.

Christopher sat amazingly good! What do you think Bub?

He also got his first haircut ears!

Just so Juliana didn't feel left out, our barber hooked Juliana up with some hair sparkles.

I love that happy happy I'm at Disney with my kids & grandkids look on your mom's face. Just FABULOUS!!

Christopher really did well at the Barber shop. and I love Ana's sparkly hair. I hope you did not ride behind her on any roller coasters or fast rides that day. Nothing like eating pixie dust!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: