Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #91
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Just stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #92
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Danielle, I had no idea you had this going on. I'm here and will catch up soon. In the meantime, Merry Christmas.

Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 01:48 AM   #93
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hope you are having a wonderful day today!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 12-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #94
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Wow! I finally got caught up!! I love Via Napoli! What I wouldn't give to be there now! (I think I said something similar on your Europe TR...I notice a trend here! ) I was thinking about how others perceive our little community and then you commented on the very same thing! I am so glad she gets it! I have had some that just stare at me like I just grew two heads and turned green!

What a weird start to the day but it sounds as though you are off to a good start!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #95
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Sounds like such a fun trip to be able to go with your SIL! You're such a comical writer that I wouldn't have minded if you didn't get to Florida in your first update!

What an eventful morning! And a great first ride, haha. I always think it's funny when Howard and I don't make it onto a headliner as our first ride of the trip. During our honeymoon, it was "It's Tough to be a Bug" just because of it's proximity to Flame Tree, of course. This trip wasn't as odd though since we went on the TTA first to wait for our Buzz Lightyear FPs. Glad that they do have that option of hopping on another ride.

Yay for a DISmeet and a wacky face picture at that! I feel like I had to explain the whole DIS community to my mom before meeting up with Sarah (wdwgirl03) and her dad. It just seems strange to say, "Oh, I'm meeting someone from the 'INTERNETS' but don't worry, she's a friend."

I'm so curious about Via Napoli's pizza. I feel like I can get a ton of different kinds of pizza here in NYC, but I know people rave about that one anyway. Maybe one day!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #96
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

A little late, .........

Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 01-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #97
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Minor Update

Hi guys!

I wanted to come and let you guys know that I am so sorry I've been gone for a while. I don't know exactly when I'm going to get back on to start updating, but rest assured I absolutely will.

I was in a car accident on December 26th. Those of you who are Facebook friends with me likely saw.

I'm okay. I had whiplash and some minor injuries. The hardest part has been my knee. It jammed into the door and dashboard upon impact. It's slowly getting better, but it's been difficult losing this momentum at the gym.

The accident was not my fault, but there has been significant damage to my poor brand new car. I bought this car in September. It's a sad state of affairs. His insurance company is covering everything, but so far there is over $10,000 of estimated damage.

On top of this happening to me, my grandma has been deteriorating and has finally settled on hospice care. It's been a struggle so far, but she's hanging in there. Any thoughts or prayers would be appreciated.

We're hanging in there, but with everything and work included, I just have not had the energy to keep up with my TR's and haven't been able to keep up on the DIS in general. I'll be back though I promise! Just hang in there friends! I appreciate all of your support.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #98
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Oh Danielle!

I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for you and your family! Take as much time as you need, you know we'll all be here for ya!
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 01-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #99
MEK
DIS Veteran

I must have totally missed your accident on FB. I go for periods when I don't read it for several days. So sorry about your accident, your knee, and the damage to your new car - especially around the holidays. I hope your start to feel better everyday.

I am also sorry that your grandma is going on hospice, but I honestly believe that hospice is a wonderful thing at the end of life. Please keep us posted.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #100
katt789
DIS Veteran

Somehow I managed to miss this on facebook!?!? (I clearly don't spend a lot of time on there!!)

That suuucks!! I'm so sorry! At least his insurance is covering everything, your poor new car! ACK! I hope that everything works out for you and that it will all be good!!

*hugs*

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 01-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #101
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

AGGGGHHH OMG you look gorgeous with your new do,just had to tell ya and i loved your last tr so now that I found this one I'll go get reading it :D

Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #103
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about all of this. I hope you will have complete healing from your wreck. Several years ago, I got hit by a teenager and spun around into a telephone pole, and I think that was the start of my knee issues, unfortunately. It really is annoying not to be able to move like you want to, but thankfully, you were not injured badly.

We will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time with your grandmother.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #104
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear all this. Your healing and your grandmother will be in my prayers!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 01-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #105
amazingact21
Upendi

I'm sorry to hear about your accident and hope your recovery is quick and relatively painless. I know it must be extremely frustrating seeing your brand new car damaged, but thank goodness the other person involved has insurance and everything's covered. Again, hope you get to feeling better!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: