Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

Christmas spectacular!! :)

Hello All. Welcome to my Christmas Spectacular This was a short, last minute trip. My mom & I went. We have been to WDW times before, however never for Christmas. I love Christmas. This will be a short trip report, with no pictures. If anybody has any questions or positive comments please feel free to share!!

Tuesday December 3rd - We live in West Michigan. We live about an hour away from the airport, so we had to get up really early as our flight left at 7:20 am. So early we got up and luckily it was not snowing too bad so it made for a safe drive. Our flight went well, it was delayed for about 20 mins to de-ice the plane. We had a lay over in cinncinati. It was only an hour. We landed at MCO right on schedule at about 11:30 am. We got in line for magic express and waited 5 mins perhaps. Then we were off to POP! We made 1 stop at AoA which made me jealous!! It looked really cool. Finally we were at POP and luckily our room was ready, I had checked in online. Check in was a little confusing, we had a very grumpy cm named Casey checking us in. We had gotten our magic bangs in the mail, but for some reason their was also a pair waiting for us at the front desk. This sent her into a frenzy! She rolled her eyes more times then I can count The manager named Tatiana came over to help. We were in the 50's building closed to the main area on the 2nd floor. Great Spot. 5-6 min walk to the main area. We were happy! So we dropped off our luggage and went to DTD. We shopped and ate at Wolfgang Puck Express. Great use of QS credit. Very yummy. Then we shopped some more... and some more! haha then we had dinner ressies at the contemp for Chef Mickey's. Chef Mickey's was pretty good food. But not great with the Characters. We only met Donald & Goofy in 1 hour. Blah.. Oh well. We then rode the monorail to catch a bus back to POP for some sleep. We were tired!

I love Disney

Old 12-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

Tuesday - We woke up around 8:30 am. I had noticed the night before that one of my papers checking in said we had a 2 day base ticket, which was untrue, we had a 3 day. So I went to the food court to fill up our mugs. Then to the front desk to work out the issue before the line got too long. It took them about a half and hour to get it worked out. She kept telling me I only purchased a 2 day ticket.. uhh.. No! I started to panic, but I knew I had an email that said 3 day ticket. So some phone calling.. to ticketing.. which confirmed I had 3 days and it was fixed..

Off to Epcot We had just a short wait for the bus. We made it to the park by 10 or so. The first ride we wanted to ride was spaceship earth. We had a fp+ for (Which I know was dumb because it is never a long line..) but the ride was closed to technical difficulties. Because of this on MDE it gave us a fp+ to use on one of 5 options of rides for the rest of the day to make up for the fact that spaceship earth was closed. Pretty nice. So we walked over to Living with the land. Such a cute ride that I enjoy. Soarin' had a 40 min wait and I was not feeling it. We then rode Imagination and Nemo& Friends (Which said it was a 10 min wait and it waaay more like 30). We then looked at the fish and stuff. At this point we were kind of hungry so we ate at electric umbrella. I had chicken nuggets with fries and a chocolate cookie with a pop. Nothing to complain about. It was good and filled me up. My mom had a burger with fries and a fruit cup with a pop. We then looked at Mousegears for a while. We then rode Test Track with a fp+. Awesome. This was my first time riding it since the new updates. I kind of liked the older version better.. Then it was off to the World Showcase starting with Mexico. We rode the Grand Fiesta tour. duh .. Then toured the countries. Nothing too memorable. We saw the line to meet the Frozen Characters. It looked veeery long. At some point I had a frozen lemonade. Then we watched the liberty bells sing Christmas songs. It was really good. Then we kept touring the countries. In Canada, I got to talking to a cm who gave me a passport for all of the countries showing what special holiday merchandise or snacks each country had to offer for the holidays. It would have been nice when we first started! lol. Then we rode Ellen's universe of Energy. Never rode it before. It was pretty neat. Nice to sit down for a bit. Then we did Captain EO. Then we checked into our dining reservation a little early and they took us! We ate at Coral Reef. I had the steak and chocolate wave for dessert. It was very good. My mom had the steak as well with the coconut mango chiffon cake. Then we were very sleepy so we headed back to the room for sleep!!

Wed-
Today would be a long day for us! We followed the same deal. Woke up around 8:30. Went and filled mugs. went to wait in line for bus to magic kingdom. There was alot of people in line. We had plans to be there ALL DAY! When we first got there I was very happy to see the castle. I loved the decorations for christmas. We went towards the New Fantasyland. At this point there was already a huuuuge line for people waiting to eat lunch at Be Our Guest. yikes. So we rode the Little Mermaid ride. We liked it, however we have road this at DL, so it was not much of a surprise. the only difference is the que, which is AMAZING at WDW, terrible at DL. So we enjoyed that, maybe a 20 min wait, maybe? Then we went into the shop of Bell's gifts. Adorable. Then we went to Gaston's Tavern, and I enjoyed a LaFou Brew. Yummy! Then we went to meet Mickey Mouse at town square with a fp+. The wait was 60 mins and we waited less then 10 mins. It was great. However as much as I love meeting Mickey Mouse, I realllly wanted to meet TAlKING mickey mouse. I mean that would just make my day. So sad that he was not talking. His handler was very rude as well. She acted like everybody was an idiot. I tried to ask her quietly if talking mickey was out at all. I made sure NO children heard me and she interupts me very rudely and says SOO loudly that Mickey was saving his voice for the parade tomorrow. Allllrighty then! At this point we slithered over to Adventure Land. We rode the JINGLE Cruise. Let me tell you that I was very excited to see the new holiday overlay, we waited in line for 40 long minutes with a monster of a kid waiting in line in front of us. I was VERY dissapointed with the ride. Would not have waited that long again looking back. Then we rode PoC. Fun. Then we rode Splash Mountain with a fp+ and also ponchos! haha hate getting my hair wet. This is my favorite ride. I loved it. We wanted to see the country bears because I love this ride, and i think they do a little diff for Christmas but decided to wait til later (and wouldn't you know it, later we forgot haha) So we went to our lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. It was great. I had the pasta and my mom had a cheeseburger. VERY GOOD. We both had the chocolate cake for dessert. Our waiter was ok, a little flighty. He brought us both our the ooey gooey cake and we said 'um..we wanted the chocolate' ... and he looked annoyed.? Well that is what we ordered the first time. haha but it was a great meal. At this point we rode peter pan with a fp+ I also think we rode winnie the pooh. ... Save the rest for later

I love Disney

Last edited by JennyLynn21; 01-09-2014 at 11:25 PM. Reason: updating.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: