Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #1471
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom
Soooooo...I think I posted something this afternoon how great life is...and that I feel great...and I'm not stressed. WELL...how quickly things changed. DD15 called to tell me that she and DD17 were in a car accident! That was my reaction!!!
They are both fine...however, it was a major accident all cars needed to be towed, one boy went to the hospital by ambulance, ?broken arm but, otherwise walking around at the scene...and according to my DD is now home and tweeting about it on Twitter.
My DD was driving my car, which is now not drivable. So, work was immediately stopped...I took off to the accident...hugged them both and didn't want to let go. The police gave me a copy of the report, called the insurance, called the tow company, called the autobody shop. I then resumed work...and just finished. Tomorrow...instead of working, I'll need to go to the tow yard, have the car towed to the autobody, let the adjuster know where the car is...and hope he can appraise it tomorrow so, that the autobody can start the repairs; go to the police station and the RMV...and hope that all of this is all set before we leave. I am truly counting my blessings that all parties are fine. However, I am so frustrated that I have done very little for a week after being sick...and NOW I have to take care of this...and we are down one car...and we leave in 60 hours.
Glad your girls are ok. Accidents are a pain

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #1472
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers

Glad you had a good trip for the most part!

Aww, that is so cute!

Wow, so sorry you have to deal with this right before you leave but I am glad no one was seriously injured.

Well, I am finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. If I can make it through work tomorrow, next week should not be too bad.

Tomorrow is mine and DH's 10th anniversary and we have dinner reservations at a very nice restaurant. Problem is that I still don't have much of an appetite. I've finished my z-pack, my steroids, and started the Zyrtec D but I still have so much congestion in my head and cough constantly. Should be a romantic night! And, I was finally able to do on-line check in today but it gave me a message that said DME did not have my flight info. When I pull up my ressie, it clearly shows the flight info but when I called DME they said they didn't have it. I swear I have had more technical issues with Disney's site this time. You would think there is a little mouse running on a wheel to keep their server up and running!
Happy anniversary!!!
And feel better

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #1473
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

So I got to chat with cybrkitn and her DH on the bus to DTD tonight :-)
Total freak coincidence that I ended up standing right in front of where they were sitting

It was great to meet you, Dawn!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 12-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #1474
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

One more pic before I say goodnight!

We had dessert at the Boardwalk Bakery. Yum!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #1475
SAT887
DIS Veteran

SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #1476
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel
One more pic before I say goodnight!

We had dessert at the Boardwalk Bakery. Yum!
We had a strawberry cupcake and a mocha... So tasty!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #1477
alorac
Earning My Ears

Need a bit of advice. I'm finalizing my packing and so is the girlfriend... She was asking me if she should pack anything fancy and I was kinda clueless as to what to tell her

As of now we only have a few ADRs... Lunch at Le Cellier, Lunch at Liberty Tree and Dinner at Tusker House. We plan on hanging out at Raglan Road, house of blues and a few places on the Boardwalk (Brewpub, Jellyrolls, ESPN). She shouldn't need anything overly fancy for those places right? Whats the attire like at Atlantic Dance hall in case we head over there?

Guys definitely have life easier when it comes to packing... A nice pair of shorts and polo and I'm good to go haha

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #1478
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The sx260 is actually the one I have been leaning towards. How does it do in low light?
There is a lot to this camera that I need to learn. I've recently discovered the "fireworks" setting! I think it does well I low light but using a gorilla pod will help, too. I'll k ow more this week as I use it along with my Rebel.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #1479
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205

Did you buy PhotoPass+? When are you going to turn in your voucher? I would like to have it for our Tusker House ADR, but I don't know if the shop in AK will be open by 8:20.
I did get the PP+. We'll be at DHS the first night before Our early ADR at CM....I can turn in the voucher at any of the parks, right? Also I'll need to get early tix pick-up at Guest Services. I assume the PP+ voucher is exchanged at a PP+ booth? That's two lines I'll have to get in and we'll already be pressed for time .
Old 12-07-2012, 02:18 AM   #1480
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Disney Mom

We borrowed my Brother-in-law's Olympus Tough this summer when we went to WDW. It was great on all the wet rides and in the rain. We were able to get a really cool video of the big drop on Splash Mountain. We were sitting behind the kids so we were able to get their reactions.

Unfortunately, my lovely DH lost it while we were in the lazy river at Blizzard Beach. He set it in his lap and then 10 or 15 minutes later asked me to pass him the camera so he could take some pics... I said: "Ummm, honey... YOU have the camera". We ditched the tubes and walked the river 3 times, no camera. Someone must have picked it up right after he dropped it. Not a good day. Needless to say, no one turned it in and it never made its way to Lost & Found...

Sorry for the tangent - but it really is a great camera!!!!
Ugh! I'm afraid losing a camera while on vacation would really make me "lose it"! There isn't much I get upset about, but messing with my ability to capture memories in the form of photos......
Old 12-07-2012, 02:25 AM   #1481
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alorac
Need a bit of advice. I'm finalizing my packing and so is the girlfriend... She was asking me if she should pack anything fancy and I was kinda clueless as to what to tell her

As of now we only have a few ADRs... Lunch at Le Cellier, Lunch at Liberty Tree and Dinner at Tusker House. We plan on hanging out at Raglan Road, house of blues and a few places on the Boardwalk (Brewpub, Jellyrolls, ESPN). She shouldn't need anything overly fancy for those places right? Whats the attire like at Atlantic Dance hall in case we head over there?

Guys definitely have life easier when it comes to packing... A nice pair of shorts and polo and I'm good to go haha

Thanks in advance!
I don't think she'll need anything other than resort wear.....can't speak about Atlantic Dance...I suppose anything she wear out to a club at home would be appropriate. My hubby and I are going to several signature restaurants so he's bringing the nice shorts, polis, and black pants....me on the other hand, am bringing my whole wardrobe, :rofl2:
Old 12-07-2012, 02:50 AM   #1482
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

That IS good! Anytime you are in group A that is good! I didn't pay for Early Bird Boarding because I'm a cheapo.....hoping I don't regret that! I can check in tomorrow for our Saturday flight.

How are you getting your boarding passes for the return trip home? That just occured to me. Will we be able to print them 24 hours in advance like we are for our flight TO MCO?

We arrive in the afternoon but our first FULL day we have a 7:05 am ADR for Chef Mickey
Do online check-in then go to front desk and they can print the boarding passes for you. Or you can check in and get the passes at one of the airport kiosks.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #1483
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oops, hit send too fast.

I'm thinking about buying a new compact digital camera before we leave. I have a Nikon DSLR that I love but I feel bad making DH lug it around the parks all day for a week. I have had two Nikon coolpix cameras and have not liked either one of them. If you try to use the zoom in low light the pictures are totally blurred. I'm thinking about trying out a Canon this time. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions on it or another compact camera?
I love the Canon Powershot Elph series. I had an older one that I finally replaced a couple of years ago. I alternate between that and my Nikon DSLR.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:59 AM   #1484
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean
Anyone in Epcot today? I'm up for a drink!!!

Sorry I've been MIA, it's been a CRAZY week!
Only now just catching up. I was there most of the day. Sounds like everyone was in Epcot yesterday.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:10 AM   #1485
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

I have a Canon SX260HS. I'm trying to make myself like it but nothing is as good as my dSLR Canon Rebel.
I don't mind the quality of pics on my Powershot but its just so slow. That's what kills me the most. But I just can't physically carry the big one every day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: