Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 04:54 AM   #1006
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Not sure if this was reported here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath
Here's the e-mail I got this morning for the bounceback offer:

Get 30%* off the non-discounted price
at select Disney Moderate Resorts.
For the perfect combination of value, amenities and recreation, look no further than a Disney Moderate Resort where you'll find spectacular settings, great dining options and exciting pools with slides!

Get 35%* off the non-discounted price
at select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts.
Experience homelike amenities such as kitchenettes in a studio, or ask about one- or two-bedroom deluxe villa and enjoy more space and extras like a full kitchen and whirlpool tub!

Get 35%* off the non-discounted price
at select Disney Deluxe Resorts.
These Resorts boast the highest level of quality, convenience, theming and service around. And at each one, you'll discover great pools, hot tubs and more.

For stays most nights:
1/2-—1/10/13 4/14-—5/21/13 11/17—-11/23/13
1/14-—1/15/13 5/28-—6/8/13 11/30—-12/4/13
1/21-—2/12/13 8/4—-10/5/13 12/15—-12/19/13
2/24-—3/9/13 10/20-—11/2/13

Book now. Call 407-939-7901 before you check out, or have your Travel Agent call!
Ask for booking code R9O.

*The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room. Length of stay requirements may apply. Additional per adult charges apply if more than two adults per room.┬ No group rates or other discounts apply.┬ This offer is only available to Guests of select Walt Disney World« Resort hotels and is nontransferable.┬ Excludes 3-bedroom villas.┬ Advance Reservations Required.
FYI - Gartner convention is earlier than usual this year (Oct 6-10)which is probably why most of Oct is blocked. And of course, Oct crowds have been increasing. We'll be there probably the weekend of Oct 26.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 AM   #1007
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

Ok I didn't read the first thing that is making you jittery. However, I'm here now- nothing is going according to plan but its awesome. I haven't completed 1/2 of what we wanted to do, we're all sick but this makes it all better....

My daughter is just this ball of happiness and amazement. I would also like to add most of the adults in our group looked about the same!!
I think we're about to be in the same boat. My insomniac child slept last night except for the part where he threw up all over the bathroom floor and Mousekeeping had to come. I think a combination if stress and too much food. So he's fine now but none of us got to sleep until after midnight. And DH was already sick.

So this morning's plan is to let DS sleep as long as possible and then head to MK. Not race to do RD/EMH. No worries. FLE will be there all week.

Of course, you may have noticed I'm wide awake and have been so since about 3:45am. Not stressed just can't sleep.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #1008
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Thank you, Terry for posting the bounceback offer...I think I may to plan to take advantage of 11/30-12/4. Do you know which deluxe resorts are included?
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #1009
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
I think we're about to be in the same boat. My insomniac child slept last night except for the part where he threw up all over the bathroom floor and Mousekeeping had to come. I think a combination if stress and too much food. So he's fine now but none of us got to sleep until after midnight. And DH was already sick.

So this morning's plan is to let DS sleep as long as possible and then head to MK. Not race to do RD/EMH. No worries. FLE will be there all week.

Of course, you may have noticed I'm wide awake and have been so since about 3:45am. Not stressed just can't sleep.
So sorry to hear about your DS - hope he is feeling better today and DH also. Not fair being sick at Disney. Hope the rest of your trip is magical.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #1010
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez

Aww poor little guy! I hope it's not a real bug and just from the excitement, stress and all. We went on the new LM ride and it was great! We haven't done enchanted tales yet though.

One suggestion for the group- new favorite Wishes watching spot- in front of FLE - you miss the show on the front of the castle but get a great non crowded vantage point. The fireworks fire from behind the beasts castle to the left!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #1011
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

Ok I didn't read the first thing that is making you jittery. However, I'm here now- nothing is going according to plan but its awesome. I haven't completed 1/2 of what we wanted to do, we're all sick but this makes it all better....

My daughter is just this ball of happiness and amazement. I would also like to add most of the adults in our group looked about the same!!
And a smile like that is what makes it all worth it :-)

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #1012
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Wow, I missed a lot yesterday - ok, quotes first then an update ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I am going to Disney in 12 days!!!!
Quote:
It has been a great day!!!! Got my hair cut and colored (sorry, nothing dramatic) and texted with my HR friend while I was there. I have a job!! She is currently negotiating the start date and pay for me. She told me the range it would be and I would be fine with even the lower end of it, but she is trying for almost what I was making at my old job. The start date is currently 2/13, but she is trying to get that moved up. I told her that date is fine with me, if I know I get the job. So excited!!! I was hoping this would come through before we went to Disney, so DH wouldnt stress over every souvenir or drink purchased.
Reading both these posts seriously made me tear up! I am SO SO SO pleased for you, so glad you have a plan in place and are able to stop stressing about work. So worth logging in this morning to read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
Do you need to know your exact days? I was hoping for a BB...I was planning on booking something during the week in October when I'd be going, but calling back later when I had the exact dates figured out and changing them.
You do need dates, you could always change them later but then you might lose the discount ... its a risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post

Mickey toes!
FAN-TAB-ULOUS TOES!!! Love them!

Quote:
We're here!
YAY!!! Seeing that photo got me all excited for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
Anyone know how much to expect in toll fees if heading to Orlando on I-75? I'm wondering if it's like some of the tolls here in N. GA (few dimes) or like that "short cut" south of Disneyland. $7 to go about 10 miles?
Your own answer was correct - we spent less than $5 last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendimn View Post
I am totally stressed and having some kind of pre WDW breakdown.. Just soo nervous about going..and the boys getting to see and do what they want..
Its ok, totally normal ... breakdown here with us, we understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
We spilled the beans to the kids tonight! We were going to get our oldest from school early tomorrow & tell them then but couldn't wait! It was priceless! Our two year old didn't get it but had a great time yelling and running in circles with his big brother. The oldest was priceless and didn't realize we were going so soon! It was awesome! And I still have to finish autograph books!
Hahaha! I just love that! Awesome, thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers View Post
I was going through my memory cards and cleaning them out when I came across this family photo from our trip last October.
You are a super cute family! Thanks for posting

Quote:
I dont know why I didnt use valgoof. That would have made sense. Follow me at your own risk. I clearly dont know what I am doing with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Thanks for sharing hun - its so true, it really doesn't matter whether plans stick or not, you're in Disney. Hope you guys get better soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendimn View Post
Ok..need some more experienced Disney peeps..lol. Dec 22nd is our first full day. We will either be going to Epcot or Animal Kingdom(leaning towards AK). If we go to AK..they close at 8pm. Was thinking about maybe heading over to MK..they are open until 1am. Wdw is adamant about not doing MK on the 22nd..but if we got there later..what do you think? I know I should have this planned already..but dh isn't helping at all and I am finding it really hard to make all the plans alone. Thanks for any help
If you want to go, I say go for it. Yes, its going to be crowded but its Disney - enjoy the atmosphere!

Quote:
Hope it is just too much food & over-excitement and nothing more. Wishing him better!
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #1013
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

I can't believe we leave tomorrow. I'll never understand how something you spend so much time planning and prepping for can "sneak up on you" quite that fast!

Work has been NUTS the past week (because they all know I'm leaving for vacation). I'm sure that had something to do with it!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #1014
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post

Suitcases - they are in the house somewhere.
Clothes we're taking - yep, I'm taking some. I'll scramble through the closet, drawers & laundry basket at some point, probably tomorrow.
Shoe organiser thingy that hangs over the door - this is GREAT for extra storage, hangs over a door, all your 'bits' fit in it. I bought one for the vacation. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT IS
Toiletries - 'Spose I'd better buy some
Technology - camera charger in a drawer somewhere. I have lots of drawers.
Pets - all have food. We're good there.

As you can see, I am super organised

I leave on Thursday so lets see where I am compared to my update the other day ^^^^^^^

Well would you look at that!! My update is exactly the same. No change here
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #1015
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendimn
Ok..need some more experienced Disney peeps..lol. Dec 22nd is our first full day. We will either be going to Epcot or Animal Kingdom(leaning towards AK). If we go to AK..they close at 8pm. Was thinking about maybe heading over to MK..they are open until 1am. Wdw is adamant about not doing MK on the 22nd..but if we got there later..what do you think? I know I should have this planned already..but dh isn't helping at all and I am finding it really hard to make all the plans alone. Thanks for any help

If you are still up for more after you finish AK, and have PHs, definitely head over to MK. You can get several hours of park time in (disclaimer: I've been many times, but not at a time that parks could reach capacity so this assumes you can get in).

I'm a do what you feel like kinda gal. If it works for you, do it. Yes, I look at crowd calendars and such to see what they say, but I don't arrange my schedule around them. And sometimes my outline of which parks which day gets dumped because we feel like doing something else.

I think any and all time in the MK is magical I especially love MK at night. And I love park hopping. So put those together and my vote is "yes"! Your first view of the castle will be of it all lit up in its holiday glory :-)

And no matter what you do, it'll be a fun day at Disney. You won't get to do everything, but what you do get to do will be great

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #1016
WDW Fan since 1975
Mouseketeer

Trip report: Mvmcp

I just got back from a 3 day trip that included MVMCP on Sunday, December 2. I'll be brief, but will give info on the stuff that I did and observed.

Saturday - Day 1: Arrived in Orlando about 5:30 pm, made it to Pop Century, freshened up and then took the bus to the Magic Kingdom where we transfered to the monorail to get to the Polynesian Resort for our 8:30 dinner reservations at The Kona Cafe. We both enjoyed our dinner (I had the teriaki steak, gf had the noodles with shrimp.) Very nice atmosphere, good dinner, good waiter. It was fun to walk around Polynesian - I've never been there (and hope that someday I can afford to stay there.) At Pop Century we stayed in the 70's section near the lake - it was very quiet!

Sunday - Day 2: After a breakfast at the food court in Pop Century (TONS of people/kids that early) we walked over the bridge to the Art of Animation resort to check it out. OMG - it is VERY charming! They did a GREAT job on it. You feel like you're in the ocean in the Nemo section, and the Cars section was great. (Didn't check out Lion King area.) We made it back to our resort and changed into swim suits and then hung out at the Hippy Dippy pool for a few hours (it was about 80 degrees that day.) Very nice time.

We then changed into park wear and made it to the Magic Kingdom for MVMCP. I attended last year (mid November) and had a blast. This year was VERY different for me. It seemed like there were MANY MORE PEOPLE!!! The biggest problem was getting from point A to point B. It was just very CROWDED!! We only rode 4 rides that night. In 2011 I think I rode 4 times that much at least. The line for Casey's Hot Dogs was unreal. We had our photo taken with Mickey on Main Street, we didn't attempt the character photo areas. We liked the Tomorrowland show, we saw bits of the Castle show, and watched the 2nd parade. The parade was changed up a bit from last year, but still included all your favorites. LOVE the toy soldiers!! Overall it was a nice Christmas party, but it seemed overly crowded this year. This was my girlfriend's first time, so I think she was a bit disappointed based on my experience last year.

Monday - Day 3: After packing and dropping off our luggage at the hotel, we made it over to the Contemporary Resort for breakfast at The Wave of American Flavors. Nice place, very relaxing atmosphere (compared to the food court madness at Pop!!) but pricey - we had the buffet which was $19.99 a person! (entrees were about $10.99 to 12.99 each). But I was on vacation and that's what I wanted. It was a good meal, I'd go again. We then made it to Downtown Disney for some shopping. World of Disney was a madhouse! It usually is, but I guess because Christmas is coming made it worse. But we got what we wanted without trouble and then made it back to our hotel for the ride back to the airport.

It was a short and sweet trip, but it was fun. I'm glad I added some meals at different resorts, that made it a lot of fun and we both enjoyed the experience. And we love riding the monorail!! I just think that there were entirely too many people at the park for MVMCP.

Was anyone else there on Sunday, December 2? Let me know what you thought!!

Mike.
16 Past WDW Vacations: 1: 06/1975; 2: 1978; 3: 03/1989; 4: 04/1996; 5: 05/1997; 6: 05/2009 (CBR); 7: 06/2010; 8: 09/2011 (CBR); 9: 11/2011 (POP - Solo #1 and MVMCP #1); 10: 05/2012 (Sports - Solo #2); 11: 06/2012 (Music); 12: 09/2012 (POP - Solo #3); 13: 12/2012 (POP - MVMCP #2); 14: 05/2013 (POP - Solo #4); 15: 11/2013 (Movies) and 16: 05/2014 (POP - Solo #5). MORE TO COME!!
WDW Fan since 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #1017
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Today is the day! Autograph books are finished unless I have spare time, but clothes are in piles of matching/coordinated outfits around our room and I haven't made the Christmas shirts! Nothing like the last minute! I think next time we'll tell the kids do I can work on stuff in front of them!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #1018
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Fan since 1975 View Post

We then changed into park wear and made it to the Magic Kingdom for MVMCP. I attended last year (mid November) and had a blast. This year was VERY different for me. It seemed like there were MANY MORE PEOPLE!!! The biggest problem was getting from point A to point B. It was just very CROWDED!! We only rode 4 rides that night. In 2011 I think I rode 4 times that much at least. The line for Casey's Hot Dogs was unreal. We had our photo taken with Mickey on Main Street, we didn't attempt the character photo areas. We liked the Tomorrowland show, we saw bits of the Castle show, and watched the 2nd parade. The parade was changed up a bit from last year, but still included all your favorites. LOVE the toy soldiers!! Overall it was a nice Christmas party, but it seemed overly crowded this year. This was my girlfriend's first time, so I think she was a bit disappointed based on my experience last year.
We went a few years ago, and had the same MVMCP experience you had on this trip: Overly crowded to the point of it being hard to do anything. It was neat..but not something we feel the need to do again. Our party was not a sell out (at least it wasn't going into the night...not sure if they sold out day of) but it had to have been close.

We've had much better experiences with the Halloween party.

We're skipping MVMCP on our trip this time. We talked about it....about maybe trying to grab tickets, close to party time, if it wasn't a sell out. But I think we've come to the conclusion that that is not going to happen.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #1019
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom
Thank you, Terry for posting the bounceback offer...I think I may to plan to take advantage of 11/30-12/4. Do you know which deluxe resorts are included?
Haven't seen anything on that yet. I'll call in a couple days.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #1020
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Fan since 1975 View Post
I just got back from a 3 day trip that included MVMCP on Sunday, December 2. I'll be brief, but will give info on the stuff that I did and observed.

Saturday - Day 1: Arrived in Orlando about 5:30 pm, made it to Pop Century, freshened up and then took the bus to the Magic Kingdom where we transfered to the monorail to get to the Polynesian Resort for our 8:30 dinner reservations at The Kona Cafe. We both enjoyed our dinner (I had the teriaki steak, gf had the noodles with shrimp.) Very nice atmosphere, good dinner, good waiter. It was fun to walk around Polynesian - I've never been there (and hope that someday I can afford to stay there.) At Pop Century we stayed in the 70's section near the lake - it was very quiet!

Sunday - Day 2: After a breakfast at the food court in Pop Century (TONS of people/kids that early) we walked over the bridge to the Art of Animation resort to check it out. OMG - it is VERY charming! They did a GREAT job on it. You feel like you're in the ocean in the Nemo section, and the Cars section was great. (Didn't check out Lion King area.) We made it back to our resort and changed into swim suits and then hung out at the Hippy Dippy pool for a few hours (it was about 80 degrees that day.) Very nice time.

Monday - Day 3: After packing and dropping off our luggage at the hotel, we made it over to the Contemporary Resort for breakfast at The Wave of American Flavors. Nice place, very relaxing atmosphere (compared to the food court madness at Pop!!) but pricey - we had the buffet which was $19.99 a person! (entrees were about $10.99 to 12.99 each). But I was on vacation and that's what I wanted. It was a good meal, I'd go again. We then made it to Downtown Disney for some shopping. World of Disney was a madhouse! It usually is, but I guess because Christmas is coming made it worse. But we got what we wanted without trouble and then made it back to our hotel for the ride back to the airport.

It was a short and sweet trip, but it was fun. I'm glad I added some meals at different resorts, that made it a lot of fun and we both enjoyed the experience. And we love riding the monorail!! I just think that there were entirely too many people at the park for MVMCP.

Was anyone else there on Sunday, December 2? Let me know what you thought!!

Mike.
Thanks for sharing Mike! I have heard that this year is more crowded, especially weekend nights.

Glad you had a good trip and yes, gotta love riding the monorail!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: