Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #2536
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
Plan for a long line at Be Our Guest or eat an early lunch. We were planning on a late lunch there and at 2 the line was crazy & with a two year old we couldn't justify it. I hope it's much better for you!
On the day we wanted BOG counter service I went up to the check in for the sit down restaurant because I noticed someone inside. I just wanted to ask her if that was where we checked in for the table service (we were doing that the next day). While I was there I asked about the counter service too. She pointed to her left, which is where the line for the cs starts. It was 10 am and we made the decision to go ahead and get in line as they start serving lunch at 10:30. Boy am I glad we did that! It was warmish that day and we were probably the 15th and 16th person in line.....our kiosk wasn't working properly once we got inside when we tried ordering but a CM came and rebooted it......I must say that was the best counter service ever. The slow cooked pork was delicious and the atmosphere......when I think that is one counter service credit it's hard to compare it to a counter service at Casey's or anywhere else in MK, for that matter.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #2537
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
I fell in love with the GF the minute my mom and I walked in for our afternoon tea. The CM's at the Gardenview Tea Room were so friendly. I would love to stay there, but DS said he didn't like it.

We didn't feel under-dressed at all there. The only time I did was in the YC. As much as I love the outside, the inside made me feel like I was in a very high class hotel. When I went to my spa appointment, I saw more guests dressed in suits than in plain clothes. I don't know if there was a business conference there or not, but it made me feel like I just didn't belong.
I'm going to agree with you on the YC. We had dinner ADRs at Yachtsman for 7:40......we had come from AK and were in pants and short sleeve shirts (from AK). I really felt that people were snobby while waiting for tables. We were both tired and actually still full from our Yak and Yeti lunch (1pm ADRs). Yachtsman was running behind schedule so we were over the moon excited when we heard some others talking about canceling their ADRs because of the delays. We canceled ours too after we learned that we would not be penalized. I was never so happy to leave a resort and we saved 4 table service credits by doing so.....we ended up eating at Boatwright's at our resort......and our dinner was delicious!
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #2538
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
I would be okay with either another trip to Florida to use our APs or a DLR trip next winter to start APs, even if it was a short one, but we're probably not doing a DCL trip so I'm not sure I can not plan a Disney trip at all in 2013 ... also wondering if I should just plan a few "girls weekend" sort of trips for me and my companion from this last trip and our other sister-in-law so it won't be as expensive (w/o the kids, etc) and the DH's can't complain ...

Okay, so is there an AP out there that allows entry to both DL and WDW? Hm......can you hear me thinking here?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #2539
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Okay, so is there an AP out there that allows entry to both DL and WDW? Hm......can you hear me thinking here?
There is a bi-coastal Disney Parks Annual Pass called a Premier Pass, I believe. It can only be bought at the parks and I think its around $850 per person (It may have gone up with the last price change). You'd have to go to both parks at least 2x to make it worthwhile ... I think a lot of SoCal people who regularly keep a DLR pass get it every once in awhile when they add 2 WDW trips in 11 months.

Since a regular WDW AP is around $575, Premium is $699, and the DLR Deluxe pass is around $460 (Premium no-blackout pass is $650), its worth it if you're doing a few trips.

Now that we'll be flying from California this fall, we're just going to use our DVC PAPs that we picked up last trip for our Disney trip this year, which we'll let expire Dec 5, 2013 rather than renew.

Then in Fall of 2014 I'll get a DLR AP (probably Deluxe) that will be good until Fall of 2015 (which I already know will be an October trip since that's DH's and my 5th anniversary). If I need to go to DLR before then (which I probably will), I have a friend who is an AP holder who is also military so I'll be doing a weekend here or there with her with a $125 military discount ticket.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #2540
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren

There is a bi-coastal Disney Parks Annual Pass called a Premier Pass, I believe. It can only be bought at the parks and I think its around $850 per person (It may have gone up with the last price change). You'd have to go to both parks at least 2x to make it worthwhile ... I think a lot of SoCal people who regularly keep a DLR pass get it every once in awhile when they add 2 WDW trips in 11 months.

Since a regular WDW AP is around $575, Premium is $699, and the DLR Deluxe pass is around $460 (Premium no-blackout pass is $650), its worth it if you're doing a few trips.

Now that we'll be flying from California this fall, we're just going to use our DVC PAPs that we picked up last trip for our Disney trip this year, which we'll let expire Dec 5, 2013 rather than renew.

Then in Fall of 2014 I'll get a DLR AP (probably Deluxe) that will be good until Fall of 2015 (which I already know will be an October trip since that's DH's and my 5th anniversary). If I need to go to DLR before then (which I probably will), I have a friend who is an AP holder who is also military so I'll be doing a weekend here or there with her with a $125 military discount ticket.
Just out of curiosity how many days do you suggest for DLR - we plan on going out that way in 2 years or so to see my brother in law and his family. We thought a short trip there would be fun, especially if we can get them to go.
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #2541
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Just out of curiosity how many days do you suggest for DLR - we plan on going out that way in 2 years or so to see my brother in law and his family. We thought a short trip there would be fun, especially if we can get them to go.
Minimum 4 days, really 5 is better if you want to see/do everything. If you're okay with "just the highlights", eg. the E-tickets and the things that you can compare/contrast with WDW, and you really tried to squeeze it all in you might be able to do it in 3 breakneck park days.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #2542
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I'm going to agree with you on the YC. We had dinner ADRs at Yachtsman for 7:40......we had come from AK and were in pants and short sleeve shirts (from AK). I really felt that people were snobby while waiting for tables. We were both tired and actually still full from our Yak and Yeti lunch (1pm ADRs). Yachtsman was running behind schedule so we were over the moon excited when we heard some others talking about canceling their ADRs because of the delays. We canceled ours too after we learned that we would not be penalized. I was never so happy to leave a resort and we saved 4 table service credits by doing so.....we ended up eating at Boatwright's at our resort......and our dinner was delicious!
We had no problems eating dinner at either the steakhouse or the Captain's Grille. Our servers were terrific. At the Captain's Grille, our server was originally from our area in NY. She was terrific. We felt pretty bad for our server at the steakhouse, though. She was really nice as well, but when she came to clear the table, she picked up too many plates. On the way back to the kitchen to wrap up DS's leftovers, she dropped his plate on the floor and (I think) broke the plate. We still had a great time at both places.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #2543
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

So I'm finally editing my PP photos and have a few that they obviously missed adding the special effects. Do you think if I emailed or called they can go back and add what's supposed to be there? I've never had this happen before :

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #2544
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
So I'm finally editing my PP photos and have a few that they obviously missed adding the special effects. Do you think if I emailed or called they can go back and add what's supposed to be there? I've never had this happen before :
I know they can add pictures to it when they are mixed up, so it's worth a try to email them and ask about the magic shots that weren't done.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #2545
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My Merida photos were missing the ability to put her borders on them....so I emailed them and they put the borders on for me and saved everything as "copies" so I had the originals in tact. Then they emailed me to let me know they were done
Old 01-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #2546
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength
I know they can add pictures to it when they are mixed up, so it's worth a try to email them and ask about the magic shots that weren't done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack
My Merida photos were missing the ability to put her borders on them....so I emailed them and they put the borders on for me and saved everything as "copies" so I had the originals in tact. Then they emailed me to let me know they were done
thanks! I'll give it a try

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #2547
taaren

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
This is good to know ... we have a few pictures where we're looking at an Xmas present surprised ... I think Stitch is supposed to be popping out.

Does anybody know if they can find pictures that didn't make it onto your card? We stood in line for half an hour for Santa Goofy, then took pictures with just the kids and Goofy, then the whole gang and Goofy. The ones with everybody made it on but not the ones with just the kids, but they should be right next to each other sequentially.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #2548
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
This is good to know ... we have a few pictures where we're looking at an Xmas present surprised ... I think Stitch is supposed to be popping out.

Does anybody know if they can find pictures that didn't make it onto your card? We stood in line for half an hour for Santa Goofy, then took pictures with just the kids and Goofy, then the whole gang and Goofy. The ones with everybody made it on but not the ones with just the kids, but they should be right next to each other sequentially.
Yes, you have to know the date and approximate time you got the pictures taken, and they can usually find them for you.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #2549
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren

Yep. Our stitch was missing too. I used the form on the website, they found them and added them the next day.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #2550
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

Yes, you have to know the date and approximate time you got the pictures taken, and they can usually find them for you.
If you can remember clothing that helps speed it up.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: