Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #2416
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock
Hello my lovelies!!!

I've hardly been on all week - desperately trying to prepare for Christmas. Was up til 3.30m this morning wrapping, clearing up etc and back up at 6am.

Just wanted to pop on and say

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY WONDERFUL DECEMBER ROLL-CALL FRIENDS!!!!!

Hugs to each and every one of you and a big kiss .... oh, and whilst I'm at it, here - have a sausage roll, I made tons of them

I need to catch-up and will do over the next couple of days. And I'm ready to steam into our group TR now that most of us are back.

VALGOOF & LEVENHOPPER - hope you had a magical trip, can't wait to read about it!!
Merry Christmas!!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #2417
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Happy Holiday all!

So jealous of you that are in the park now, even given the crowds. I think I'm going to have to plan an actual Xmas trip for several years from now ...
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #2418
Shir Kahn
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas all! We're leaving in 13 hours and 38 minutes!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #2419
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shir Kahn
Merry Christmas all! We're leaving in 13 hours and 38 minutes!
We got to Epcot at 725 this morning they opened at 745. I nearly cried at the opening!! We were the first family thru our turnstile! Went to get FP for Soarin. pn our way to ride tt we took a wrong turn, and a door opened. mickey, minnie and pluto came out with a whole bunch of CMs. they flagged us down and i got great pics of minnie and Emma running towards each other. amazing! then rode test track, grabbed a TT FP, then rode Soarin, seas, and test track again, and spaceship earth all before 10. Then, we had a snack. Strolled in the WS till our Le Cellier ressie. After lunch, we left and let the girls swim so they could say they swam on Christmas Day. Went back for the candlelight processional, also awesome. But after that, WS was Slammed....went to Germany and gor popcorn and two caramel apples. Out to the front, paused for some photo pass, the bus home. Ate a pizza at POFQ, now getting showers and resting...MK tomorrow, so early to slep. It opens at 7! Early is TOTALLY worth it.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #2420
Shir Kahn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
We got to Epcot at 725 this morning they opened at 745. I nearly cried at the opening!! We were the first family thru our turnstile! Went to get FP for Soarin. pn our way to ride tt we took a wrong turn, and a door opened. mickey, minnie and pluto came out with a whole bunch of CMs. they flagged us down and i got great pics of minnie and Emma running towards each other. amazing! then rode test track, grabbed a TT FP, then rode Soarin, seas, and test track again, and spaceship earth all before 10. Then, we had a snack. Strolled in the WS till our Le Cellier ressie. After lunch, we left and let the girls swim so they could say they swam on Christmas Day. Went back for the candlelight processional, also awesome. But after that, WS was Slammed....went to Germany and gor popcorn and two caramel apples. Out to the front, paused for some photo pass, the bus home. Ate a pizza at POFQ, now getting showers and resting...MK tomorrow, so early to slep. It opens at 7! Early is TOTALLY worth it.
Awesome! Glad your day went so well! We'll definitely be making sure we're there early every day. We're about to head off to bed, 8 hours now until the alarm goes off, 9 hours until we're on the road!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #2421
happy tink
happy tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Oh, wow, what a totally perfect Christmas! I already miss WDW so much. Have an extra helping of fun times for all of us here at home!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, DISNEY DIS BUDDIES! Linda
happy tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #2422
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Belated Christmas wishes to everyone!! Sorry I have been MIA. A mixture of holiday stress, holiday activities, post dis vacation blues, and what have you.

We got our PP cd on Christmas Eve. Wanted to share an awesome pic taken by the PP photographer of our DD with the Big Man himself on Main Street.

See you over on the group TR thread as well as soon turning my PTR into a TR!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #2423
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast
Belated Christmas wishes to everyone!! Sorry I have been MIA. A mixture of holiday stress, holiday activities, post dis vacation blues, and what have you.

We got our PP cd on Christmas Eve. Wanted to share an awesome pic taken by the PP photographer of our DD with the Big Man himself on Main Street.

See you over on the group TR thread as well as soon turning my PTR into a TR!
That is an adorable photo!!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #2424
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy tink

Oh, wow, what a totally perfect Christmas! I already miss WDW so much. Have an extra helping of fun times for all of us here at home!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, DISNEY DIS BUDDIES! Linda
Early was great again today! At MK at 640, walked on everything in tomorrowland. Got most of fantasyland, including under the sea, belle and Peter pn done by 1030. Crowds nut so after that. Hit the wall at 2, left for rest.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #2425
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Hoping everyone had a great Christmas! We did here! It has been quite a December and 2012, to say the least! Spent the day catching up and going through all of the photos from our trip. I think I'm finally ready to focus on a TR. Can someone post the TR link? Thank you!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #2426
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom
Hoping everyone had a great Christmas! We did here! It has been quite a December and 2012, to say the least! Spent the day catching up and going through all of the photos from our trip. I think I'm finally ready to focus on a TR. Can someone post the TR link? Thank you!
I can't post links within the boards from my app but I bumped up the TR for you

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #2427
happy tink
happy tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
That is an adorable photo!!
That photo of your daughter with Santa is priceless! Worth the cost of the pp right there!
happy tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #2428
patriciaofoz
Mouseketeer

It's our second to last day today Hitting AK and back to EPCOT for dinner this evening. I hope everyone else have a fantastic and magical day too!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #2429
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

OK just got back.

Please remind me to NEVER go in December again.

We hit MK first and it was a zoo. We walked through NFL and it was painful. With continous construction the flow through it is difficult. They had CMs standing every few feet directing traffic and keeping people on one side etc.

All the new rides were almost 2 hour waits so we didnt get to ride any of them. Be Our Guest was a 90min wait so we skipped it.

We didnt really see much other than walking through and it was too insane to really stop and take picstures or look at anything. Gastons Tavern was the only thing we got to really see and that was a nightmare as well. We waited in line for ever to get some drinks/snacks and they kept us messing up orders and one lady in line in front of us threw a tantrum.

Then they opened a line up, and took people who just walked right in instead of taking the people like us that had already been in line for 20 minutes.

Le Frous Brew is really really good though.

Epcot wasnt as crowded so we got to see and do all or favorite stuff. We got a FP and Test Track and that was a HUGE disappointment (see my post in the TT thread)

The line for CP was too long so we skipped it.

I will never go back during the holidays, its way too crowded and people seem to lose their minds and manners when they are there. I'll stick to our usual April and November trips.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #2430
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerboy00
OK just got back.

Please remind me to NEVER go in December again.

We hit MK first and it was a zoo. We walked through NFL and it was painful. With continous construction the flow through it is difficult. They had CMs standing every few feet directing traffic and keeping people on one side etc.

All the new rides were almost 2 hour waits so we didnt get to ride any of them. Be Our Guest was a 90min wait so we skipped it.

We didnt really see much other than walking through and it was too insane to really stop and take picstures or look at anything. Gastons Tavern was the only thing we got to really see and that was a nightmare as well. We waited in line for ever to get some drinks/snacks and they kept us messing up orders and one lady in line in front of us threw a tantrum.

Then they opened a line up, and took people who just walked right in instead of taking the people like us that had already been in line for 20 minutes.

Le Frous Brew is really really good though.

Epcot wasnt as crowded so we got to see and do all or favorite stuff. We got a FP and Test Track and that was a HUGE disappointment (see my post in the TT thread)

The line for CP was too long so we skipped it.

I will never go back during the holidays, its way too crowded and people seem to lose their minds and manners when they are there. I'll stick to our usual April and November trips.
I wouldn't discount early December- we went the first week and aside from FLE opening the crowds to me were pretty low. I know I couldn't handle the chaos of Xmas week- my anxiety would go through the roof with all of the people there!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: