Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #2356
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy tink View Post
Oh I LOVE, Trace Adkins! He will be awesome, no doubt! We saw Blair Underwood and he was great. The whole show is so moving, so beautiful. The CP was the highlight of our trip and something I will never forget, don't miss it!

I was wondering if anyone's kids did the sorcerer's magic card thing at MK? My DS12, had a blast doing that. We ended up doing two entire days + MVMCP at MK, because he was having so much fun solving the cases and collecting additional cards.

I guess all the big chatters are at WDW without us, that's why it's so quite.

I can't believe how much I am missing the world already, it really was a great trip and I have to say thank you, to you all, on this board! I would have never done the photo pass without your suggestion or MVMCP and both were fantastic ideas!
I think we will have to make the time to see it, Ive heard such great reviews. Guess it doesnt really matter who is the narrator.

One more sleep one more sleep

I seriously dont know what to pack, the highs are going to be in the 70-80s but the lows down to the 40s. Crazy Florida winter weather. LOL

Mostly packing jeans and light ls shirts, but might have to add some polos and shorts just in case its too hot. Layers, layers layers
Old 12-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #2357
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerboy00 View Post
I think we will have to make the time to see it, Ive heard such great reviews. Guess it doesnt really matter who is the narrator.

One more sleep one more sleep

I seriously dont know what to pack, the highs are going to be in the 70-80s but the lows down to the 40s. Crazy Florida winter weather. LOL

Mostly packing jeans and light ls shirts, but might have to add some polos and shorts just in case its too hot. Layers, layers layers
While the narrator can make it better or worse, it's the choir that really steals the show, IMHO. When I saw them with Whoopi on 11/30 they were incredible. She did make it better with her readings, and a couple ad-libs, as well as dancing to the songs , but I still would have really enjoyed it if the person reading wasn't a celebrity.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #2358
SAT887
DIS Veteran

So uploading photos to mixbook.... Power goes out and it doesn't save 500 of them! Grrrrr!!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #2359
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
At 12:12 on 12/12/12...he asked and I said YES!!!!!
Yay yay yay! Congratulations!!!
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #2360
patriciaofoz
Mouseketeer

We are driving to Orlando as I type this (spent a few days in South Florida). Counting down the hours for my first ever DW trip. Headed to MK in the morning. Soooooo very excited!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #2361
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

Stuck in st Louis.....our plane was delayed 4 hours. Boo! Currently we won't get into Florida until 2am. been a long day already. Left at 6 am and drove 6 hours to catch the first plane.....stayed up till 3 am packing......have had hardly any sleep and doesn't look like we will get any anytime soon.....sigh.......BUT we are headed to Disney world

phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #2362
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins_jazy
Stuck in st Louis.....our plane was delayed 4 hours. Boo! Currently we won't get into Florida until 2am. been a long day already. Left at 6 am and drove 6 hours to catch the first plane.....stayed up till 3 am packing......have had hardly any sleep and doesn't look like we will get any anytime soon.....sigh.......BUT we are headed to Disney world
Aww, hang in there! WDW is coming soon! I hope you get there as quickly as possible and get a chance for some rest. :

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #2363
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

One week from tomorrow, we will be on our way to Disney for 10 glorious days!!!! I am sooooooo excited.... I never thought I'd say this but i just want to get Xmas over with! lol
September '13- Boardwalk & Disneyland Hotel, December '12- 10-Year New Years Anniversary Trip- AoA, BCV & AKV Kidani, November '11- Old Key West, February '11- Family Trip- AKV Kidani & SSR, September '10- Disneyland Grand Californian, September '09- POR & Polynesian, October '08- CSR, March '08- Old Key West, October '07- <3 Disneymoon at BCV <3, '05- All Star Movies, '02- Polynesian, '01- Contemporary, '00- Girls Graduation Trip- Caribbean Beach, '98- Port Orleans French Quarter, '96- Port Orleans French Quarter, '94- All Star Music, '92 Contemporary & COUNTLESS off-property trips that I won't count
Jenna319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #2364
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Hey gang,

Abby and I are home after an amazing eight days. I started typing up a trip report while in the airport, but only got two days done. :/.

I was reading posts while with the mouse during the trip, and I hope everyone is feeling better!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #2365
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
Hey gang,

Abby and I are home after an amazing eight days. I started typing up a trip report while in the airport, but only got two days done. :/.

I was reading posts while with the mouse during the trip, and I hope everyone is feeling better!
Welcome Home!!! Can't wait to read your TR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #2366
JVP1
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! We also got in late due to our flight being delayed but luckily it was only by
1 hour. We left NY at 7:30pm and landed before 10. Disney's Magical Express stopped at two hotels before getting us to the Polynesian. We checked in around midnight and much to our delight got a room on the 3rd floor of Fiji facing the beach towards the Grand Floridian. Also I splurged and ordered a Christmas Tree for the room since we will be here until the 30th. It was the smaller of the two. I called the front desk today and asked if it could be put in our room so when we walked the kids would be surprised. It is really beautifully decorated. It is late now and I am exhausted. Getting up early to go to Hollywood Studios. Wishing everyone traveling a very safe journey!
JVP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:13 AM   #2367
patriciaofoz
Mouseketeer

We are driving to Magic Kingdom as I type thisssssssss! So excited I cannot stop smiling
Old 12-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #2368
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVP1
Hi Everyone! We also got in late due to our flight being delayed but luckily it was only by
1 hour. We left NY at 7:30pm and landed before 10. Disney's Magical Express stopped at two hotels before getting us to the Polynesian. We checked in around midnight and much to our delight got a room on the 3rd floor of Fiji facing the beach towards the Grand Floridian. Also I splurged and ordered a Christmas Tree for the room since we will be here until the 30th. It was the smaller of the two. I called the front desk today and asked if it could be put in our room so when we walked the kids would be surprised. It is really beautifully decorated. It is late now and I am exhausted. Getting up early to go to Hollywood Studios. Wishing everyone traveling a very safe journey!
Have a fun trip! The Poly is our fav resort :-)
Would love to see pics of the tree

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 12-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #2369
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciaofoz
We are driving to Magic Kingdom as I type thisssssssss! So excited I cannot stop smiling
Yay!! Have a fun day

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 12-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #2370
IllinoisMommy
Mouseketeer

Safe travels to everyone! we are in the car on our way to WDW. Just passed Louisville, kids are watching Toy Story 3. They were surprised but kinda in shock so reaction was low key...had to show them the packed car for it to sink in. And my DS9 was a bit disappointed at first that he wouldn't he home over vacation to play Minecraft. He is over that now! Have a great time for everyone already there

Disneyworld, Off-site 1981; Disneyland, Disneyland Hotel 1983; Disneyworld, Off-site 1992; Disneyworld, Off-site 1997 ; Disneyworld, Old Key West 2003; Disneyworld, POFQ 2007; Disneyworld and Universal, Offsite Christmas 2012
EPCOT Family of the Day, 12-24-12
Hopeful future DVC members
IllinoisMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: