Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #1576
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom
Trying to breeeeeeeeeeeathe.....................
I have done as much as I can with the insurance, the police dept, the autobody...it's all in all of their hands at this point.
I took today off to get this all dealt with...right now, nothing more I can do but, just wait.
I told the kids...just 6 more hours and you're all on vacation...I need to try to get back to that mode. I have my Starbucks and I don't go back to work until 12/20!!!
So, getting back to the Disney plans...were at T minus 44.5hours!
First things first...another proposal clue...DBF said that he has a FedEx delivery coming today...he has tracked it and it is on the truck and will be delivered before 3pm and will require a siggie and that I can NOT open it!!!! He asked if I would not go out...and to please wait for this delivery, as it could change the fate of our entire vacation!
We had looked at engagement rings on Amazon a few weeks and I added this ring to my wishlist...and got a notification the other day that it is no longer available....Hmmmmmmmm COULD IT BE???????
Well?!! Was the package from amazon????

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #1577
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

Quick question.....we are doing the 5 oclock candlelight processional on the 23rd. We also have sleigh rides booked at 9 that night. I've never been to ft wilderness before and I'm worried we won't make it in time. What's the quickest route to get there and how long does CP last???

phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #1578
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendimn View Post
Fun!! Seems like it is the best day to go that week..
Looks like it! we will be there bright and early.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #1579
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins_jazy View Post
Quick question.....we are doing the 5 oclock candlelight processional on the 23rd. We also have sleigh rides booked at 9 that night. I've never been to ft wilderness before and I'm worried we won't make it in time. What's the quickest route to get there and how long does CP last???
You will easily make it, CP is just about an hour. The next showing is 6:45pm, so they have to get everyone out from the 5pm show and get everyone in for the next show. I was just there last Friday for it, had the 5pm time and was out around 6pm. That gives you 3 hours to get out of Epcot and over to Ft. Wilderness, which is at least twice the time you will need!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #1580
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Well, I managed to get my touring plans on my smartphone without having to use up my data plan every time I want to look at them or depending on the wifi in the parks. Except for the boarding passes, I think this will be a paperless trip!
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #1581
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

I have not yet mentioned yesterday's planning snafu when I managed to plan two events for the same night - Tutto Italia+Osborne and the FLE Pin Party. Basically I never wrote the pin party on the spreadsheet and so last week when I nailed down dinner and Osborne, I forgot about it. So at like quarter to 3 DSis reminded me.

The problem with being a Type A planner, is an inability to change directions (unless the change has also been planned for). But I was afraid if we didn't go we'd regret it. DS has only been pin trading for a few days but it seemed like such a special opportunity. So after confirming that I could easily fit Osborne into our AK day, we went. Grabbed a bus from Epcot to the Coronado and we were off.

The experience was intense. We timed it well as they opened an hour early and we were within probably the first hundred people. Im a bad judge of crowds but if you told me there were a thousand people there, I would not be surprised. Very few kids or casual fans. Almost all hardcore traders or ebay sellers. It was intense. I let DS choose 4. Then when we got to the end of the line we added one more.

It's hard to describe just how intense it was. By the time we got done DS10 was nearly in tears and I was totally overwhelmed. We didn't stick around for trading. I emailed DH to make dinner plans and we headed back to Epcot to decompress.

But we got 5 awesome pins. It was totally worth it.

Untitled by tltorrez, on Flickr

Untitled by tltorrez, on Flickr
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #1582
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendimn
ADR advice needed We will be in Magic Kingdom on Dec 26th..getting there at rope drop. I have an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern for 1:40. Today I made one for Crystal Palace at 8:50pm. Is that too much time wasted on sit down meals? If I cancel one..it would be the Tavern. We plan to stay at Magic Kingdom as long as we can..they are open until 1am.. Thanks for any advice
Personally I never do TS in MK except pre-park opening. Too much to do. Too little time. But it's all about what you want to accomplish. Keep in mind lines will be long. It. It might be nice to get out of the crowd but you will get less done. Totally your preference.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #1583
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Question for those who have done Enchanted Tales already: how is it if you aren't in the show/won't have kids with you? Still worth it, or would we be missing something, since we're just two young adults?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #1584
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I think we'll be fine. Most of the chatty ones will be gone this week too.
But really, with 2 threads, I think we can manage. You rock! Get better and have an amazing and magical trip!!
Thanks, Val. I appreciate it. I'm feeling a little better tonight, so I am hopefully tomorrow will be better and than on Sunday I will be A-ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post

It's hard to describe just how intense it was. By the time we got done DS10 was nearly in tears and I was totally overwhelmed. We didn't stick around for trading. I emailed DH to make dinner plans and we headed back to Epcot to decompress.

But we got 5 awesome pins. It was totally worth it.
Wow, does sounds intense. Glad I got a FLE LE pin via Disneymovierewards.com yesterday. It was a bit of a pain as the web site was acting up, but sounds a bit easier than what you were dealing with. Those pins you got are awesome!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)[SIZE="1"][B]
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #1585
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper
Question for those who have done Enchanted Tales already: how is it if you aren't in the show/won't have kids with you? Still worth it, or would we be missing something, since we're just two young adults?
I asked DH's opinion on this. DH says if you're Disney fans, do it. Doesn't require a child. Also, they choose two adults to be the suits of armor. Be enthusiastic and volunteer you won't regret it.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #1586
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
I honestly was very disappointed in it. I will not be doing it again, unless maybe I go with someone who hasn't done it and they really want to. I spent 35 minutes in line to spend 3 minutes in a room with a talking wardrobe, then 5 minutes with Belle and some kids doing a weird "story". She quickly took pics with those with parts only and left. Only those who had parts got a picture or bookmark, everyone else just sat on a bench then left once it was over. But if you have extra time the effects are interesting in the mirror, wardrobe and Lumiere, but the rest is a disappointment, at least to me. JMHO of course!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #1587
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Well, when I decided to jump in on this thread I don't think I realized how much you all post!! I think there's a new page everyday! So I'm sorry I can't keep up with everything. I'm a full-time student and we are into finals now, so things have been super busy.

Anyway - I finally got to book our room today! This is a late bday present from my parents and we were originally going to stay at the DTD Hilton so my Dad could get the points. Then we saw the passholder specials and realized we could get 2 nights at ASSp for just a little more than the price of 1 at the Hilton! I normally have to drive an hour each way, so this is going to be SO SO nice...we will already be on property when we wake up Monday morning, and after EMH at MK that night I will only have to drive about 15-20 minutes to get to a bed! Of course, Tuesday night will be a different story, LOL. But we'll deal with that later...

I'm not super thrilled about the fact that this is a value, and Sports is probably the last theme I would have picked. But I am very appreciative of the fact that it is paid for and that it will really feel like a vacation Just 1 more week of school and then I will be partying it up at the World!!!

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #1588
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
I think it is definitely worth doing at least once! Like Tltorrez said, they always pick 2 adults for the suits of armor. You're also more likely to get a part if there are fewer children in your group. I've done it twice now and the second time, I got picked to be the wardrobe! It's a really cute show and I enjoyed both watching and participating. Of course, it helps that BatB is my favorite Disney movie, and that I really love kids. But I would still recommend trying it

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #1589
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

On bus back to POFQ after MVMCP. Had a blast!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #1590
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Across the board shift in AK crowd numbers at TP for next week. Not sure how far out is affected but it all went from the usual 3-4 to 1.1. Not sure if this is real or a mistake or a change in model.

MK went up in a couple spots. Everything went up sat the 15th. But nothing as big a change as AK.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: