Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #1546
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast

So excited you are almost there! I also have my GPS named! He's Finn and he's Australian.

I am feeling a bit better today. Went to the clinic this morning and got some stuff to take care of it. At least I tested negative for strep and it's not the flu. Just some post nasal drip action! FUN!! Hoping to feel better before we go in TWO days. Yikes!

Have fun! Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Yes get better soon! I've been sick the entire trip - horrible sinus/throat/cough issues. Basically to make sure I'm ok I've been taking Advil cold & sinus every few hours... Not my style but I'm in Disney!!!!

So we went to MK today. It's busier than it was earlier in the week... We did enchanted tales with belle... Soooo awesome!!! We were going to go last night but it was so crowded at the gate we resort hopped/explored.

I really don't want to leave

SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #1547
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1
Anyone have any experience renting a car through Hotwire? They have a full size car for over $100 less than my current rental (which is still the cheapest I've found anywhere else). That's a LOT of money! I've booked hotels through Hotwire in the past and have never had a problem, but don't have any experience with their car rentals.
We have done Hotwire a few times- never an issue and have ended up with Alamo most of the time!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #1548
jwgm2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I forgot to add my PP+ pics to the total since I'm still waiting for the CD to arrive. I have over 200 of those as well. The 2000+ I was talking about were the ones I took with my camera
That's awesome you were able to take advantage of the PP+.

I debated for weeks on whether or not I should prepurchase the PP+ and I'm kinda glad now that I didn't.

I looked at the few pics yesterday that we took using PP and out of 31 pics on my card, only 12 are of me and DBF! The rest are of other people/families! Imagine my surprise when I loaded the card and up pops pics of apparently long-lost cousins and their children! Like who knew this Hispanic girl had middle-eastern and asian blood!? joking of course, but clearly, they're not us!

Good thing that for every PP stop we made I asked them to use my camera also and they happily obliged... so not all is lost...
jwgm2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #1549
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
So excited you are almost there! I also have my GPS named! He's Finn and he's Australian.

!
We named ours Steve.

So, 3 days to go, and my right foot is freaking out and hurting so badly I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I had surgery on that foot a few years ago and it is NOT happy right now. Why now?!?!
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #1550
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

I have that same app....and you are right.....it isn't terribly useful but it helps ME keep track of what each card is going for! I've also written on the plastic card itself in a sharpie.....indicating what it's to be used for. I suppose it's also good to keep a separate listing of each card and it's number along with it's special code in case one is lost or stolen. You need to keep the receipt if that's the case and they can be canceled and reissued. Any way, it kept me busy for a good 30 minutes and kept my mind from going nuts in anticipation. I'm going to go get 2 more cards later today just to have for "extras". That way pretty much everything will be paid for without having to use the kind of plastic that charges you interest if you don't pay it off at the end of the month.
And that reminds me - I need to run by Target to get another couple gift cards! I'm going to feel like an idiot standing there making the poor CM at the front desk add all these cards to our room account, but it saves me money so I don't particularly care!!! Although, I paid for all the GC plastic with "the other" kind of plastic to get the last 100 points I needed to get a $50 rewards credit, which will also help pay for the trip. No worries though, that rewards card is the FIRST thing that gets paid off at the end of every month!
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #1551
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

We have done Hotwire a few times- never an issue and have ended up with Alamo most of the time!
Great to hear this! I went ahead and booked with Hotwire and got Alamo, which I'm very happy about. I've used them several times at MCO before. AND that's $110 extra I now have in spending money for our trip!!!
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #1552
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Headed over to MK for MVMCP with DD sporting her new Disney shoelaces

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #1553
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post

have a blast! And I love the shoe laces!
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #1554
Wendimn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post

LOVE those!!! Have fun!!!
Wendimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #1555
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel

DD was laughing that I took pictures of my PP cards yesterday, but I don't want to take any chances
DS10 made m stop in the middle of MK this morning to get a pic of mine.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #1556
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

In 24 hours we will have just arrived at MCO! Won't be at WDW until sunday. It really hits you when you get the emails from the restaurants you have ADRs at!

<-addicted to her camera as well!
On a side note - I've noticed those emails are so random. Sometimes I don't get one at all and other times I get them days in advance. Really screwy.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #1557
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27

Our GPS is Kiera. She has an Australian accent. I love when she says enter the roundabout..
I want an Australian GPS.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #1558
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlvsccm
Ours too! If you'll be in MK on 12/30, and Epcot 12/31, let's try to add another DISmeet!

An Excellent idea! The last 2 trips I planned to do a TR, but never got up the steam to start it...

So glad everyone is (relatively) ok. And I hope your adrenaline has settled from the scare!

Absolutely, it's vacation in FL!!
I never want to even think about the trip once it's over. Hoping this will motivate me to write stuff down. That will be helpful for scrapping later.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #1559
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205
We are on the way to the airport. Reading my earlier post, I realized I have forgotten my straight iron and my curling iron! So, my hair will be blah.

I am in full-on anxiety mode. I hate flying! My fight or flight instinct is kicking in, and I want to stay home! .
I don't know why I bother with my hair. There's fog every morning at RD so it's pointless. Trying to repair it now for the evening.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #1560
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Random note - the Tutto Gusto wine bar is not open for PM EMH. Bummer.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: