Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #1516
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27 View Post
Deep breath and remember you are about to be on vacation!!

PRETTY!!! If it's an Amazon box I think you have you answer!
I'm getting there!!! Every time I finish posting, I go back to the board and there are more posts...about sunny weather, ADRs, cupcakes....it certainly helps with putting the car on the back burner and move on to vacation!!! And thank you!!!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #1517
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

I'm trying to catch up but not every page is loading :-/ signal is spotty on the interstate. Our stop-over was a welcome break (I hate being cramped up in the car) we stayed at a Fairfield Inn which was really nice. DH and DD were so excited they were drinking hot cocoa in the lobby at 1.30am whilst I was sleeping haha. We set off an hour ago and Agnes (she's our gps) says we have 1hr 25 left. She can be quite bossy, that's when I call her Nagnes . Quoting is too much of a pain on the phone sorry. @Lcaemom sorry to hear about the accident but so glad no-one was hurt. @mom2travel so cool you got to meet cybrkitn!!! I hope I meet some of you! @tofubeast how are you feeling today? Hope you're getting better xx @everyone else, hope you are all well and I miss you x
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #1518
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
Trying to breeeeeeeeeeeathe.....................
I have done as much as I can with the insurance, the police dept, the autobody...it's all in all of their hands at this point.
I took today off to get this all dealt with...right now, nothing more I can do but, just wait.
I told the kids...just 6 more hours and you're all on vacation...I need to try to get back to that mode. I have my Starbucks and I don't go back to work until 12/20!!!
So, getting back to the Disney plans...were at T minus 44.5hours!
First things first...another proposal clue...DBF said that he has a FedEx delivery coming today...he has tracked it and it is on the truck and will be delivered before 3pm and will require a siggie and that I can NOT open it!!!! He asked if I would not go out...and to please wait for this delivery, as it could change the fate of our entire vacation!
We had looked at engagement rings on Amazon a few weeks and I added this ring to my wishlist...and got a notification the other day that it is no longer available....Hmmmmmmmm COULD IT BE???????
Gorgeous!!!! I hope it's that!!!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #1519
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
We fly in on saturday but don't check in to POR until sunday. What section are you in at POR? We'll be in building 18, corner room but first floor (no second floor corner rooms available in that building). Could have been in building 14 but the view was parking lot so we were upgraded. Not sure of the room category as we paid for a King room.....our view looks beautiful so I will venture to say it's a Garden view. REally excited to see the resort!

We're in a RR Have a great trip!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #1520
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Fanatic View Post
Good morning Dec DISers! This is too exciting reading everyone getting ready for their trips (ours is still 2 weeks away). Work has been really busy this week but TGIF and I'm back to trip planning mode!

I need some advice here - I've been contemplating in the last few days whether I should surprise DBf with an upgrade from POP to POFQ. DBf is a big fan of POP, especially the food court. But the queen size beds at POFQ sounds too good to pass on! I'm not sure if he'll like the food choices and the decor at POFQ. It will cost us $300 if we upgrade but I can't help but thinking that the upgrade costs as much as two 1-day ticket to US/IOA and a ticket to MVMCP (we will be going to both MVMCP and US/IOA so we already spending a lot of extra $$). What should i do?
I would stick with Pop. You know DBF likes it, and you aren't sure about POFQ. Also, you are right, that's a LOT of extra money when you've already laid you a lot extra for US/IOA and MVMCP. I'd save a moderate resort for another trip when you don't have so much going on!
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #1521
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
I'm trying to catch up but not every page is loading :-/ signal is spotty on the interstate. Our stop-over was a welcome break (I hate being cramped up in the car) we stayed at a Fairfield Inn which was really nice. DH and DD were so excited they were drinking hot cocoa in the lobby at 1.30am whilst I was sleeping haha. We set off an hour ago and Agnes (she's our gps) says we have 1hr 25 left. She can be quite bossy, that's when I call her Nagnes . Quoting is too much of a pain on the phone sorry. @Lcaemom sorry to hear about the accident but so glad no-one was hurt. @mom2travel so cool you got to meet cybrkitn!!! I hope I meet some of you! @tofubeast how are you feeling today? Hope you're getting better xx @everyone else, hope you are all well and I miss you x
Our GPS is Kiera. She has an Australian accent. I love when she says enter the roundabout..

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #1522
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Well, I just got an email from Alamo and curiosity got the best of me, so I clicked it and saved $60 on my car rental. (The other rental was with Dollar which made me a little nervous, anyway). Looks like the rates have really dropped now that I'm less than a week out, so if you haven't left yet, might want to take a look at your car rental ressie. I couldn't believe how cheap it was.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #1523
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
The Dec Roll Call Group TR thread has been started!! So please go over there to share stories about your trip and photos!!!
Subscribed to it! I'm going to start loading my trip pictures (all 2000 of them!!!) onto Photobucket tonight so I can start my TR. I'll post my link there once I start it, as well as some of my favorite pics and tips from my trip to help those going later this month!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #1524
Disney_Fanatic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post
I would stick with Pop. You know DBF likes it, and you aren't sure about POFQ. Also, you are right, that's a LOT of extra money when you've already laid you a lot extra for US/IOA and MVMCP. I'd save a moderate resort for another trip when you don't have so much going on!
Thanks for the advice M&MGirl! I know I should be grateful for a last minute trip and I should not be greedy! I will have to make a decision latest by the end of this weekend when I have to order the botteled water from staples.

Sep 2014 - POFQ (Planning in progress)
Dec 2013 - POFQ (Got engaged at WDW!), Sep 2013 - POP, July 2013 - Disneyland CA
Dec 2012 - POFQ (1st Christmas Trip and MVMCP), Oct 2012 - HKDL, Sep 2012 - Disneyland CA (CarsLand!), Jun 2012 - CR (Amazing trip with DxDP)
Sep 2011 - POP and Dec 2011 - HKDL
Sep 2009 - SSR (FD + Upgrade from POP + Our 1st MNSSHP), Mar 2009 - HKDL
Aug 2008 - POP, Mar 2008 - HKDL
May 2007 - GF (Segway Tour + Fireworks Cruise) and Dec 2007 - Disneyland CA
Dec 2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL), Sept 2006 - Disneyland CA and Jul 2006 - POP (last trip to WDW with my Mom)
Aug 2005 - POP and May 2005 - Off Site
Nov 2003 - Off Site and Feb 2003 - Disneyland CA
Nov 2002 - POFQ, Jul 1996 - Tokyo Disney Resort
Jul 1994 - Disneyland CA, Jul 1992 - Off Site
Jul 1991 - Disneyland Resort Paris, Jul 1988 - Disneyland CA

Last edited by Disney_Fanatic; 12-07-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Disney_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #1525
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
The Dec Roll Call Group TR thread has been started!! So please go over there to share stories about your trip and photos!!!
Woo-hoo! Another thread to obsess over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Fanatic View Post
Good morning Dec DISers! This is too exciting reading everyone getting ready for their trips (ours is still 2 weeks away). Work has been really busy this week but TGIF and I'm back to trip planning mode!

I need some advice here - I've been contemplating in the last few days whether I should surprise DBf with an upgrade from POP to POFQ. DBf is a big fan of POP, especially the food court. But the queen size beds at POFQ sounds too good to pass on! I'm not sure if he'll like the food choices and the decor at POFQ. It will cost us $300 if we upgrade but I can't help but thinking that the upgrade costs as much as two 1-day ticket to US/IOA and a ticket to MVMCP (we will be going to both MVMCP and US/IOA so we already spending a lot of extra $$). What should i do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post
I agree. I debated a similar switch for months!! Actually, up until I got laid off 3 weeks ago, I was still considering switching to POR. The queen beds would be nice. That is my biggest issue with POP. But I have heard how great the food court, CMs and busses are so I think we will be happy with Pop. If you already know you like Pop, I would stick with that.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-AoA Suite

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #1526
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
So excited you are almost there! I also have my GPS named! He's Finn and he's Australian.

I am feeling a bit better today. Went to the clinic this morning and got some stuff to take care of it. At least I tested negative for strep and it's not the flu. Just some post nasal drip action! FUN!! Hoping to feel better before we go in TWO days. Yikes!

Have fun! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #1527
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

I only have four more days of work (counting today) until we leave for Disney World! I'm going to leave right from work next Wednesday, so I'm sure I'm going to be super jumpy. Ha!

However, tomorrow I have to be out the door by 4:30am to catch a plane to Michigan for the weekend. Blah!!!

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
grrrlennyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #1528
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Lcaemom----Fingers crossed!! Don't open that box!!

Wedgie---Have a great trip!! You are almost there!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-AoA Suite

Old 12-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #1529
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl View Post
I only have four more days of work (counting today) until we leave for Disney World! I'm going to leave right from work next Wednesday, so I'm sure I'm going to be super jumpy. Ha!

However, tomorrow I have to be out the door by 4:30am to catch a plane to Michigan for the weekend. Blah!!!
Ha! I read this and thought, who flies to Michigan?! I forget not everyone lives where I do. Have a great weekend!

Old 12-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #1530
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Ha! I read this and thought, who flies to Michigan?! I forget not everyone lives where I do. Have a great weekend!
Haha! We usually take the Megabus there, but there were cheapish flights and my partner's mom was buying.

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
grrrlennyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: