Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #1501
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27 View Post
Morning!!

We leave in 2 days!!! It's hard to believe we started planning this 60 days ago. I think I did fairly well with my ADRs.

I'm almost packed, DBF says he'll pack today.

this is how I'm feeling today..
Are you at work today? I would be going nuts!!!!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #1502
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

I was getting ready this morning and I thought...in one week I will be going crazy getting everything ready for Disney the next day. Then I thought....two weeks from right now, I will be crying because it is our last day. That will NOT be a thought I will share with DH. He already thinks I am nuts.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #1503
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Trying to breeeeeeeeeeeathe.....................
I have done as much as I can with the insurance, the police dept, the autobody...it's all in all of their hands at this point.
I took today off to get this all dealt with...right now, nothing more I can do but, just wait.
I told the kids...just 6 more hours and you're all on vacation...I need to try to get back to that mode. I have my Starbucks and I don't go back to work until 12/20!!!
So, getting back to the Disney plans...were at T minus 44.5hours!
First things first...another proposal clue...DBF said that he has a FedEx delivery coming today...he has tracked it and it is on the truck and will be delivered before 3pm and will require a siggie and that I can NOT open it!!!! He asked if I would not go out...and to please wait for this delivery, as it could change the fate of our entire vacation!
We had looked at engagement rings on Amazon a few weeks and I added this ring to my wishlist...and got a notification the other day that it is no longer available....Hmmmmmmmm COULD IT BE???????
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #1504
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I'm looking at stuff to pack up to go home tomorrow...

I have all these little squishy good pouches... I don't want to carry back. Blah. I don't want to go home
Hide in the closet!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #1505
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
Good morning and safe travels to everyone coming in today :-)

So yesterday we made it from plane to park in just under 3 hours. Loved OL at DHS!! Took tons of photos (in case you haven't guessed yet, I'm just as addicted to my photos as i am to Disney!)

We headed to see the decorations at YC, BC & BWI after DHS, with a stop for dessert at Boardwalk Bakery. Then we went to DTD to shop

Today's agenda is AK, rest at resort, then MVMCP. I can't wait to get to MK!!!

Have a great day!
In 24 hours we will have just arrived at MCO! Won't be at WDW until sunday. It really hits you when you get the emails from the restaurants you have ADRs at!

<-addicted to her camera as well!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #1506
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Psh works.

And so does Dec 12 forever. Lol

In our news, DD11 has strep, not flu. So got her a shot and she should be on the mend.
Ouch! Good news is with the strep and consequent medicine, she'll feel better much faster than if it had been the influenza virus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
Good morning everyone! We will be at the airport this time tomorrow! Everyone is crazy excited! Last night I had a dream that I forgot my Disney binder that has our park tickets, photopass plus voucher, ADR numbers, etc. in it. Now I'm afraid going to forget something, lol.
I'm looking at my binder right now and worried about the same. It won't fit in my purse, though....guess I'll have to throw it in a tote and make dh carry it on the plane? lol......i could pack it in my carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
Today is the day! The kids' suitcases are packed and ready to go. Once I put on my make-up and do my hair, mine will be ready. I need to pack my carry-on and the kids' carry-ons.

I forgot to buy a Gorillapod, so I may head out to Walmart after I drop the dog off at puppy camp.

This house is a wreck, so it needs to be cleaned before we go. DH decided to work from home this morning, so he's no help. Guess I'd better guzzle this coffee and get moving!
Gorilla pad in the purse: Check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
First things first...another proposal clue...DBF said that he has a FedEx delivery coming today...he has tracked it and it is on the truck and will be delivered before 3pm and will require a siggie and that I can NOT open it!!!! He asked if I would not go out...and to please wait for this delivery, as it could change the fate of our entire vacation!
We had looked at engagement rings on Amazon a few weeks and I added this ring to my wishlist...and got a notification the other day that it is no longer available....Hmmmmmmmm COULD IT BE???????
Holy cow! That's a gorgeous ring Are you at MVMCP on tuesday? I'm so looking for you guys!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #1507
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Thanks to everyone posting from WDW. It's really helping raise my enthusiasm level, and it's so considerate of those of us left "back home."

Safe travels to all those traveling today. Here is a guardian angel to go with you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
It looks pretty scattered except for maybe Wednesday. And it will change many times before then. Pack ponchos and enjoy the parks!! So many things are indoors, you can still have a great time.
You are absolutely right- now it's saying ALL SUNSHINE. They can stop changing it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
Some DHS Christmas love while DD is getting a hair wrap

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...26D3EB4EE1.jpg
Thanks for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Thought I'd give a quick update!

Took the Keys to the Kingdom Tour yesterday and loved it, although it was a long morning and I was tired. Our tour guide Katie was awesome and a Disney freak like many of us she was telling a story about the dedication day in October 1971 and while I was tearing up I saw that she was too! Bless her heart.
For the cupcake fans, found this minty chocolate baby at the Contempo Cafe.
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...DCFDB7B2E4.jpg
Quote:
Psh...we are all life long friends now. There will be a Dec '12 Forever thread. But, really..Tofu is going to make a new thread for mini trip reports.

Eta:I am not sure Psh is really the sound I was going for. Please fill in your own. I meant it like, oh please. If that makes sense.
Yes- I have seen it written as "Pshaw". Interesting how a sound can convey more as much as an entire sentence, and how hard it is to spell a sound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
The Flying Fish Café Team
Welcomes you to yet another of our ever-changing Winery Series Events;
&ldquo;Kicking Off the 2012 Holiday Season with Style and Elegance&rdquo;
Featuring the exciting Champagnes of Maison Veuve Clicquot
With our Special Guest:
Julie Andersson of Moet Hennessy-North America
Friday, December 14th, 2012

Your Flying Fish Café Hosts:
James Beard Foundation Best Chef Award Nominee-&rsquo;01, &rsquo;02,&rsquo;03, &lsquo;04
Chef de Cuisine Tim Keating & Sous Chefs Tim Majoras and Carrie Atwood
2009 & 2010 Recipients of the Santè Wine Hospitality Awards
for Hotel/Resort Fine Dining,
Mr. Stig Jacobsen, Ms. Kristin Duncan & Brendan Davis
Our Very Own Illustrious Pastry Team led by:
BoardWalk Pastry Chef Matt Avery and Sous Chef Jessi Sudsa-Nguan

On behalf of the entire Flying Fish Café Family of Quality Service Individuals,
We thank you for attending our.
All the Best! Cheers to You & Yours!

On behalf of the entire Flying Fish Café Family of Service Professionals,
We thank you for attending our Special Winery Series Event and Wish You & Yours All The Best for a Happy & Festive Holiday Season.

Amuse Bouches: Warm & Soft Lake Meadow Naturals Egg Parfait
Mote Marine Siberian Caviar and Marcona Almond Foam
Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut NV

1st Course: French Butter-poached Maine Lobster
Black Trumpet Mushroom, Pecorino and Mascarpone-laced Arancini Torta
Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut NV

Second Course: Champagne-poached Turbot de España
Marcho Farms Veal Sweetbread
Leek and Celery Root Fondue and a Champagne Crème
Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Vintage Brut 2004

First Entrée: Crispy Mangalista Poitrine de Porc
Local Arugula, Parsnips, Young Turnips, and a Cherry Gastrique
Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Vintage Brut Rose 2004

Second Entrée: Wagyu Beef &ndash; 3 Ways
Braised, Roasted and Grilled with
Chanterelle Mushrooms, Fennel, Caramelized Onions and Saba- Miroir Glaze
Clicquot&rsquo;s Tête de Cuvée &ldquo;La Grande Dame&rdquo; Brut 2004

Pre-Dessert: Raspberry Rosewater Ice

Dessert Course: Artisanal Ricotta Cheesecake Creation
Forelle Pears, Black & Blue Sorbet, Lavender Honey
Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Demi Sec NV

Price is $185 all- inclusive. Limit 40 people. We booked.
Thanks for posting, that looks so, so good! That's the evening DDH will be diving with the kids, though. Changing that at this point, is probably not possible- but I'm going to try.

Quote:
I have done as much as I can with the insurance, the police dept, the autobody...it's all in all of their hands at this point.
I took today off to get this all dealt with...right now, nothing more I can do but, just wait.
I told the kids...just 6 more hours and you're all on vacation...I need to try to get back to that mode. I have my Starbucks and I don't go back to work until 12/20!!!
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/g...B27392-1-1.jpg
That's beautiful! What a wonderful vacation this is going to be, and you're absolutely right to focus on that- no one was seriously harmed in the accident and the rest will get sorted out. That's what insurance is for. You've got so much to be happy about!

Well, I did a whole day yesterday of nothing fun- or even productive- except a Christmas party at the end of the day & now my feet hurt from the shoes. Had to proofread DS20's term paper at 4 am. Now I'm up and armed with a cup of coffee.

We got our FP+ cards and I added them to the growing pile of plastic. I downloaded an app to track Disney gift cards- not sure how useful it will be but it looked interesting. Trying to go paperless this trip- but I guess not plastics-free!
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #1508
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

The Dec Roll Call Group TR thread has been started!! So please go over there to share stories about your trip and photos!!!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(OKW). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #1509
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I was getting ready this morning and I thought...in one week I will be going crazy getting everything ready for Disney the next day. Then I thought....two weeks from right now, I will be crying because it is our last day. That will NOT be a thought I will share with DH. He already thinks I am nuts.
I know just how you feel. Part of me can't wait for my trip to finally get here, and another part dreads it because I know it will be over all too soon! It really is a good thing we have this roll call, otherwise all of our families and significant others would think we need to be committed to the looney bin

Quote:
We had looked at engagement rings on Amazon a few weeks and I added this ring to my wishlist...and got a notification the other day that it is no longer available....Hmmmmmmmm
Glad you got everything sorted out that you could. Hopefully the family of the boy who was injured will be reasonable, and insurance will take care of everything from here! And having your Starbucks and not having to go back to work for almost 2 weeks is a pretty darn good consolation prize for having to deal with the accident

That ring is GORGEOUS! And whatever DBF ordered would have to be REALLY expensive to require a signature
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #1510
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

I KNOW its still 17 days out and I cant trust the weather, but Christmas week looks gorgeous at the moment. (couple of days ago it was rainy forecast) and yes, I know it will flip flop at LEAST 4 more times....

but I'm liking todays

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #1511
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
I KNOW its still 17 days out and I cant trust the weather, but Christmas week looks gorgeous at the moment. (couple of days ago it was rainy forecast) and yes, I know it will flip flop at LEAST 4 more times....

but I'm liking todays
The HIGH today where I live is going to be 25 degrees colder than the LOW when we're in Florida.
No matter what, I will be fine with the weather!
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #1512
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Are you at work today? I would be going nuts!!!!!!
I am at work. But they are keeping me busy on a project. GAH! Don't they know I'm in vacation mode?!!!

Quote:
We had looked at engagement rings on Amazon a few weeks and I added this ring to my wishlist...and got a notification the other day that it is no longer available....Hmmmmmmmm
Deep breath and remember you are about to be on vacation!!

PRETTY!!! If it's an Amazon box I think you have you answer!

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #1513
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Holy cow! That's a gorgeous ring Are you at MVMCP on tuesday? I'm so looking for you guys!
We will be!!! We talked about midnight on 12/12/12...which would be the end of that MVMCP!!! He knows how much I love the castle and Main St...but, as far as his actual plan... That would be amazing if you happened to find us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
You are absolutely right- now it's saying ALL SUNSHINE.
That's beautiful! What a wonderful vacation this is going to be, and you're absolutely right to focus on that- no one was seriously harmed in the accident and the rest will get sorted out. That's what insurance is for. You've got so much to be happy about! :
Can you believe this weather for next week??? Wow, I love this new forecast!!! Hope it's accurate! With the exception of the possible thunderstorm on Tuesday!
You're right....SOOOOO much to be happy about!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post
Glad you got everything sorted out that you could. Hopefully the family of the boy who was injured will be reasonable, and insurance will take care of everything from here! And having your Starbucks and not having to go back to work for almost 2 weeks is a pretty darn good consolation prize for having to deal with the accident

That ring is GORGEOUS! And whatever DBF ordered would have to be REALLY expensive to require a signature
It certainly is!!! And thank you!!!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #1514
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
The Dec Roll Call Group TR thread has been started!! So please go over there to share stories about your trip and photos!!!
I subbed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
The HIGH today where I live is going to be 25 degrees colder than the LOW when we're in Florida.
No matter what, I will be fine with the weather!
It was 30 degrees when I left this morning. I'll take whatever Florida wants to give me.

PrincessAurora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #1515
Disney_Fanatic
Mouseketeer

Good morning Dec DISers! This is too exciting reading everyone getting ready for their trips (ours is still 2 weeks away). Work has been really busy this week but TGIF and I'm back to trip planning mode!

I need some advice here - I've been contemplating in the last few days whether I should surprise DBf with an upgrade from POP to POFQ. DBf is a big fan of POP, especially the food court. But the queen size beds at POFQ sounds too good to pass on! I'm not sure if he'll like the food choices and the decor at POFQ. It will cost us $300 if we upgrade but I can't help but thinking that the upgrade costs as much as two 1-day ticket to US/IOA and a ticket to MVMCP (we will be going to both MVMCP and US/IOA so we already spending a lot of extra $$). What should i do?

May 2014 - POP and Sep 2014 - POFQ (Planning in progress)
Dec 2013 - POFQ (Got engaged at WDW!), Sep 2013 - POP, July 2013 - Disneyland CA
Dec 2012 - POFQ (1st Christmas Trip and MVMCP), Oct 2012 - HKDL, Sep 2012 - Disneyland CA (CarsLand!), Jun 2012 - CR (Amazing trip with DxDP)
Sep 2011 - POP and Dec 2011 - HKDL
Sep 2009 - SSR (FD + Upgrade from POP + Our 1st MNSSHP), Mar 2009 - HKDL
Aug 2008 - POP, Mar 2008 - HKDL
May 2007 - GF (Segway Tour + Fireworks Cruise) and Dec 2007 - Disneyland CA
Dec 2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL), Sept 2006 - Disneyland CA and Jul 2006 - POP (last trip to WDW with my Mom)
Aug 2005 - POP and May 2005 - Off Site
Nov 2003 - Off Site and Feb 2003 - Disneyland CA
Nov 2002 - POFQ, Jul 1996 - Tokyo Disney Resort
Jul 1994 - Disneyland CA, Jul 1992 - Off Site
Jul 1991 - Disneyland Resort Paris, Jul 1988 - Disneyland CA

Disney_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: