Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #76
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
Yep. Our Elf stopped getting into trouble after that. He's just sitting in different places now.
Aww, maybe he could bring your DD some Christmas candy to replace the Halloween candy he ate. That reminds me, I read an idea somewhere (pinterest maybe) where one night the elf was caught cutting out coupons for candy, cookies and ham and the next night he brought candy he bought using the coupons.

Last night PJ shot suction cup nerf darts onto the back door in the shape of a Christmas tree. The kids were pretty impressed, they said he was a good shot.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS

Last edited by mrsbornkuntry; 12-12-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: add info
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #77
LCoulter
Whoah Mouse

This morning DD found Alisa making a snow angel with rice krispies and DD commented that she is making a snow angel and then said, “She’s making a mess.”

The day before, she found Alisa reading Twas the Night Before Christmas to a semi circle of stuffed animals and dolls but she immediately cleaned it up, saying that she was afraid of getting into trouble for her playroom being a mess.

Apparently she thinks Alisa is messy.
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #78
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCoulter View Post
This morning DD found Alisa making a snow angel with rice krispies and DD commented that she is making a snow angel and then said, “She’s making a mess.”

The day before, she found Alisa reading Twas the Night Before Christmas to a semi circle of stuffed animals and dolls but she immediately cleaned it up, saying that she was afraid of getting into trouble for her playroom being a mess.

Apparently she thinks Alisa is messy.
That's cute, I wish my kids cared about a mess

Last night he was bungee jumping from the second floor bannister with a slinky. Well, the youngest two thought he was bungee jumping, my twisted 16yo said it looked like suicide

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 12-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #79
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbornkuntry View Post
Aww, maybe he could bring your DD some Christmas candy to replace the Halloween candy he ate. That reminds me, I read an idea somewhere (pinterest maybe) where one night the elf was caught cutting out coupons for candy, cookies and ham and the next night he brought candy he bought using the coupons.

Last night PJ shot suction cup nerf darts onto the back door in the shape of a Christmas tree. The kids were pretty impressed, they said he was a good shot.
That was my coupon cutting elf .

Fortunately she FINALLY calmed down about the candy. Since then we have limited his shenanigans. Today he was found riding ds' monster truck.
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #80
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
That was my coupon cutting elf .

Fortunately she FINALLY calmed down about the candy. Since then we have limited his shenanigans. Today he was found riding ds' monster truck.
oops I've spent way too much time online researching elf ideas

I'm glad she calmed down.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 12-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #81
mdurette
DIS Veteran

Over the last few nights Eve:

Filled up the sink with marshmellows and took a snow ball bath.

Taped wrapping paper to all the interior door ways on the first floor of the house so we had to break through the paper to get into the kitchen.

She got into the craft closet and found the bucket of pom pom balls. Threw them all over the living room and hid all the red ones. (rudolph noses)

She also drank a whole bottle of maple syrup!
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #82
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

PJ brought the kids the Prep and Landing dvd last night, he was sitting on the back of the couch with the dvd remote snuggled with a throw blanket this morning.

I would like to do the rudolph noses on the kids, but I don't have red lipstick (I don't wear lipstick), any ideas what else I could use that won't make too big of a mess?

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 12-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #83
LastminuteLouLou
Mouseketeer

To do reindeer noses on the mirror, you could use a dry erase marker.

Fun ideas everyone. thanks for sharing your creativity!
LastminuteLouLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #84
LastminuteLouLou
Mouseketeer

Nevermind.... I was confused. I thought you put red circles on the *mirror,* not the kids' actual noses. My bad.
LastminuteLouLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #85
LCoulter
Whoah Mouse

We have a two-story foyer with a window up top that has a small ledge in which I have a wooden horse on. DH pulled out the big ladder and as quietly as he could, put Alisa astride the horse. He also put DDs “popcorn” words (flash cards shaped like popcorn with words on them) displayed on the horse.

After DD finds Alisa this morning, DH is planning to make a whole big production trying to figure out how to get the elf and “popcorn” words down. He is planning to even stack chairs to climb on and see if she thinks that is a bad idea.

I am excited about DHs idea for Christmas Eve. On our big two story wall beside the staircase, he is going to use green sticky notes to make a huge Christmas tree and then put up temporary hooks so that he can string lights on the sticky note tree.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #86
jaybirdsmommy
Earning My Ears

Our elf has started a battle with the lego men. Right now he has several of them trapped under a cup on the bathroom counter. Jimbob (elf) is sitting on the cup holding their weapons and a red marker that he's used to write "Elves rule, legos drool" on the mirror.

I think tonight they're going to have a battle for the Christmas tree. Jimbob will be in the tree throwing marshmallows and the lego men will be on the floor surrounding it throwing the little tiny square legos.

I'm planning a Christmas cease fire for the next night.
jaybirdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #87
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

We had an unfortunate incident and PJ is now in surgery, hopefully he will be out before DS8 gets home from school . Last night I asked my 15yo to help PJ make a mii on the wii. When he was finished he wanted to leave PJ on the coffee table with the wiimote. I told him no, to put him up high because sometimes the kids get up before me and let the dogs out of their crates and they would get him. He apparently didn't listen and the dogs got PJ this morning. We were lucky to get PJ back from the dogs, one of them is a lab and loves to chew and she doesn't let go of anything, but I got her into a game of fetch and she dropped him to go get the ball.

We stitched him up and gave him a bath, he's in the dryer now. We have about 40 minutes before DS gets home. I'm crossing my fingers he doesn't notice.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 12-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #88
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybirdsmommy View Post
Our elf has started a battle with the lego men. Right now he has several of them trapped under a cup on the bathroom counter. Jimbob (elf) is sitting on the cup holding their weapons and a red marker that he's used to write "Elves rule, legos drool" on the mirror.

I think tonight they're going to have a battle for the Christmas tree. Jimbob will be in the tree throwing marshmallows and the lego men will be on the floor surrounding it throwing the little tiny square legos.

I'm planning a Christmas cease fire for the next night.
What a great idea, the Lego men add so many more elf scenarios!

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 12-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #89
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbornkuntry View Post
oops I've spent way too much time online researching elf ideas

I'm glad she calmed down.
Same here! I have also spent too much time on Pinterest looking at Elf stuff!

So my dd is having quote "the worst Chrismas ever." Her best friend told her last week she is moving and today will be the last day they will ever see one another. They are planning to keep in touch by email but she is taking it really hard. I feel so heartbroken for her. She is a super emotional kid typically so life is pretty rough around here right now.

To cheer her up we finally got a girl elf. This morning they are on the mantle. They have replaced our names on the stockings with their names! I hope she wakes up with a good sense of humor .
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #90
LCoulter
Whoah Mouse

Last night Alisa put up two big trees made from green sticky notes in our foyer. DD found Alisa riding the dog Boldt in the upstairs hallway.

Tonight, Alisa strung a bunch of white lights zig-zag across the 2 story foyer and around the front door. DD will find Alisa hanging from the lights.

DD left Alisa a note on her white board telling Alisa that she loved her. Alisa will leave DD a gift and note under the tree Christmas Eve.

This has been so much fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: