Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #46
LCoulter
Whoah Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbornkuntry View Post
Ooh, I like the roasting marshmallows idea!

A couple nights ago the lego minifigures tied PJ to a Christmas book and held him hostage with toothpicks as weapons (think Gulliver's Travels), but that confused my 8yo because the Legos aren't magic so why did PJ tie himself up? Oops. We just decided he liked that movie and was being silly.

Last night I almost forgot and since the toothpicks were still out from the previous night I just had PJ make snowmen using marshmallows and toothpicks, leaving the bag out on the table with his hand in it. It turned out cute, but DS had a handful of marshmallows for breakfast before I got up, lol.
I would have just told him that PJ used magic to bring life to the Lego minifigures to play.

I feel so bad because I did forget last night. We were all sick yesterday and during the night. DD woke me at 3am to go to the bathroom and I remembered then but I thought that I couldnít do anything because she was still awake but I always wake many times during the night so I figured I would do it just before she gets up. Well, next thing I knew, she was waking me at 7am (forgot to set my 6am alarm to get up for work) asking why Alisa was still on the couch where we left her last night.

So I had a half hour to get ready for work and write a little sticky note from Alisa saying that she was sick and went home to the North Pole for the day. Apparently, my head was still in a fog because I didnít think it through. DD asked how Alisa was at the North Pole when her body was still here. I told her that the doll is just her Avatar. She was satisfied with that since she knows what an Avatar is.

Then she felt bad because she thinks she made Alisa sick because she hugged Alisa really close to her face yesterday.

She is just too darn smart and can out think her mommy.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #47
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCoulter

I was trying to decide if I should name the elf or let DD name him/her after she meets it. Since your kids don't know he's coming, I assume you named him? What do others do about a name?
We did it last year for the first time. I hadn't thought about naming the elf and of course that was DD's first question. We all started guessing the elf's first name and the next morning he had poured flour on the kitchen counter and written Harold in it.

Harold is a cute stuffed poseable elf that came from the north pole by way of Hobby Lobby, not the one sold with the book. We don't do the no touch although DD was a little worried about it after the book was read to her class. She knows he is not to play with, but can hug and hold him in the mornings and then put him back on his shelf. Our story is that he keeps an eye on her and reports to Santa. This morning we woke up and found him playing Candyland with Fancy Nancy.
ktlm is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #48
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCoulter View Post
I would have just told him that PJ used magic to bring life to the Lego minifigures to play.

I feel so bad because I did forget last night. We were all sick yesterday and during the night. DD woke me at 3am to go to the bathroom and I remembered then but I thought that I couldnít do anything because she was still awake but I always wake many times during the night so I figured I would do it just before she gets up. Well, next thing I knew, she was waking me at 7am (forgot to set my 6am alarm to get up for work) asking why Alisa was still on the couch where we left her last night.

So I had a half hour to get ready for work and write a little sticky note from Alisa saying that she was sick and went home to the North Pole for the day. Apparently, my head was still in a fog because I didnít think it through. DD asked how Alisa was at the North Pole when her body was still here. I told her that the doll is just her Avatar. She was satisfied with that since she knows what an Avatar is.

Then she felt bad because she thinks she made Alisa sick because she hugged Alisa really close to her face yesterday.

She is just too darn smart and can out think her mommy.
Maybe you could have Alisa bring a cute bottle of hand soap this evening and a note from Santa saying Alisa needs to wash her hands more so she doesn't catch another cold, then your DD might not feel guilty about her getting sick.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #49
LCoulter
Whoah Mouse

Quote:
Maybe you could have Alisa bring a cute bottle of hand soap this evening and a note from Santa saying Alisa needs to wash her hands more so she doesn't catch another cold, then your DD might not feel guilty about her getting sick.
That's a good idea....thanks.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #50
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

My dd wrote Elf a note asking him how to get a girl elf on the shelf. I'm thinking about it .
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #51
LCoulter
Whoah Mouse

So this morning DD found our Christmas tree decorated with toilet paperÖ..I guess the Elf got tired of an undecorated tree. We got as far as putting it up but havenít decorated it yet.

Wednesday morning she found Alisa sitting on top of the cake dome with a Christmas tree decorated cupcake underneath and she wrote To: and From: Alisa on the dome. I was initially planning to put the elf under the dome with the words Help Me but she wouldnít fit well, particularly with the cupcake.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #52
DisneyRegulars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCoulter
So this morning DD found our Christmas tree decorated with toilet paper…..I guess the Elf got tired of an undecorated tree. We got as far as putting it up but haven’t decorated it yet.

So glad to hear that I'm not the only one with a tree with no decorations! Besides being bald ours is leaning tremendously to the side.

This morning my son found Pizza the elf sitting in his car seat. I'm not s creative as you guys yet, but my guy is still little so I don't think he'd appreciate the elaborate things like roasting marshmallows yet.

Trip report from our first DVC trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2864556
Plus our Anniversary Vacation: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954701
Trip report with a potty training toddler: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412
I survived a trip with MIL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040750
A Magic Kingdom Ultimate Tour Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=1
First trip with Magic Bands http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170056
Post Holiday Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201404
Non-Fancy Fanatics at VGF http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3268362
Sept '03 (All Star Sports, DH's first trip) || March '04 (Travelodge) || March '05 (Star Island) || XMAS '06 (All Star Vacation Home) || March '07 (POP, Deluxe Dining Plan) || March '09 (POP) || June '09 Disney Land || April '11 (All Star Vacation Home, DS's first trip-14m) || January '12 (OKW, first DVC trip) || July '12 (Boardwalk, Anniversary Trip) || Sept '12 (AKV) || Jan '13 (AKV) || July '13 (SSR, Anniversary Trip) || September '13 (SSR) || January '14 (Boardwalk, AKV) || May '14 (VGF and Expedition Everest Challenge)
DisneyRegulars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #53
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

PJ decorated our tree with underwear, he does it every year and to an 8yo boy anything with underwear is hilarious .

Then last night he made a Christmas tree shape with Hershey kisses and himself as the star at the top of the tree.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #54
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
PJ decorated our tree with underwear, he does it every year and to an 8yo boy anything with underwear is hilarious .

My DD(6) was furious when Harold did that last year. I thought the elf was going to get thrown out on his ear over that one. She still talks about it. She told him when he arrived that he was NOT to do that this year, but it would be okay if he wanted to put DH's underwear on the tree! I'm tempted, but I'm sure then I would wake up and find my underwear on the tree the next morning, so I think I'll pass. I think DD is going to wake up pretty soon and find the tree decorated with her socks...she didn't tell Harold no socks.
ktlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #55
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
My DD(6) was furious when Harold did that last year. I thought the elf was going to get thrown out on his ear over that one. She still talks about it. She told him when he arrived that he was NOT to do that this year, but it would be okay if he wanted to put DH's underwear on the tree! I'm tempted, but I'm sure then I would wake up and find my underwear on the tree the next morning, so I think I'll pass. I think DD is going to wake up pretty soon and find the tree decorated with her socks...she didn't tell Harold no socks.
That is so cute, I would definitely decorate it with her socks, see what she has to say about that.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #56
Keurigirl
let's all sing like the birdies sing

Look what our naughty elf on the shelf did! Jinx, our boy elf, went to the Caribbean instead of the north pole last night and brought back all these flamingos. Pepper, our girl elf, says that Santa is going to be very mad at them! LOL Excuse the terrible cell phone pic, but can you note that they are all wearing scarves and the main one has on a santa hat? LOLOLOLOL
Disney Cruises: W. Caribbean 3/12, Alaska 8/12, W. Caribbean 4/13, Alaska 8/13 next trips: Transatlantic 5/14, Alaska 8/14
Keurigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #57
LCoulter
Whoah Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keurigirl View Post

Look what our naughty elf on the shelf did! Jinx, our boy elf, went to the Caribbean instead of the north pole last night and brought back all these flamingos. Pepper, our girl elf, says that Santa is going to be very mad at them! LOL Excuse the terrible cell phone pic, but can you note that they are all wearing scarves and the main one has on a santa hat? LOLOLOLOL
This is a great one!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #58
DisneyRegulars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keurigirl View Post

Keurigirl great idea! Have you considered what to do with all the Flamingos after Christmas? You should consider donating them to some local school group who does the "You've been flocked" thing. Did you happen to have all these Flamingos already or did you go out and purchase them? And the scarves, did you scarf each flamingo? I really have to find more time for my elf, you guys are crazy into this, and I love it.

Trip report from our first DVC trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2864556
Plus our Anniversary Vacation: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954701
Trip report with a potty training toddler: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412
I survived a trip with MIL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040750
A Magic Kingdom Ultimate Tour Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=1
First trip with Magic Bands http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170056
Post Holiday Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201404
Non-Fancy Fanatics at VGF http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3268362
Sept '03 (All Star Sports, DH's first trip) || March '04 (Travelodge) || March '05 (Star Island) || XMAS '06 (All Star Vacation Home) || March '07 (POP, Deluxe Dining Plan) || March '09 (POP) || June '09 Disney Land || April '11 (All Star Vacation Home, DS's first trip-14m) || January '12 (OKW, first DVC trip) || July '12 (Boardwalk, Anniversary Trip) || Sept '12 (AKV) || Jan '13 (AKV) || July '13 (SSR, Anniversary Trip) || September '13 (SSR) || January '14 (Boardwalk, AKV) || May '14 (VGF and Expedition Everest Challenge)
DisneyRegulars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #59
Keurigirl
let's all sing like the birdies sing

This was super easy for me - it was a local girl scout troop that did this, it's their fundraiser right now! So they flocked my yard for $30, including all the santa hats and scarves, and printed out a note I made for my daughter to attach to the lead flamingo. It was awesome! Best money I've spent on the elf so far. My kids went nuts!
Disney Cruises: W. Caribbean 3/12, Alaska 8/12, W. Caribbean 4/13, Alaska 8/13 next trips: Transatlantic 5/14, Alaska 8/14
Keurigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #60
Raidra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamping3 View Post
Our elf, Pickles, has been here since Sunday morning. He brought us breakfast of Mini chocolate and powdered doughnuts decorated like snowmen and reindeer. Monday he acted like Santa with DD's my little ponies as reindeer. Tuesday he took a ride on DD's 4 ft giraffe. This morning he was caught playing roulette (old see and say) with Barbie and Ken ala Toy Story 3.

I got most of my ideas off pinterest. I am so excited about what all I have planned. I plan on him bringing all the things I would normally just buy...ie Christmas jammies and little Christmas knick nacks.
Love the idea of My Little Ponies and the sleigh!

Our elves are very small and we generally keep them high up so the kids can't get handsy. But we've had them go fishing in our fish bowl (they sat on the edge with a paperclip fishing rod), and they've gotten into cookies, played Uno, had a movie night with a bag of popcorn, etc. They've only brought gifts once or twice.. supplies for sock puppets is the only one I can remember, tho.

Next trip: September 2014

Disney Craft Blog

My Etsy Store: dreamseadesigns
Raidra is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: