Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Skip2MyLou
Mouseketeer

OT-girls pants

My daughter has hit a growth spurt & none of her pants fit her.

In the fall, I bought her several pair of 4T pants and now they are all too short! I have tried 5T & regular 4, but they are too big in the waist.

She likes leggings & cotton pants. Absolutely refuses to wear jeans.

I normally buy her clothes at Target, Carters, Childrens place & Kohls.

Can anyone suggest other stores where the clothes may be made a little big? I don't have a ton of extra money right now, being Christmas week & all.

TIA!

Disney College of Knowledge Graduate - June 2013
Skip2MyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
HulaHoopy
Mouseketeer

You might want to try Gymboree or Crazy8. I think their clothes run on the bigger side. I always look through their clearance racks. The clothes go on sale pretty soon after they are released.

When we go out my daughter wears her boots with the leggings inside, so nobody notices if they are a little short!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Carriemel
Emma Clare's Mommy

Look at the Target XS in the girls department. My 4 year old is a tallish but tiny waisted, 42 inches and 39 pounds, but the XS girls leggings (Circo brand) are PERFECT for her.

Hakuna Matata!
Carriemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
bear_mom
DIS Veteran

I have a skinny one and I don't know how many different pairs of pants that I have stitched up the waist on so she can wear pants that fit her in length, I feel your pain.

At 13 she can still wear a girls x-smalll legging from Target (she wanted them to be short ).

Emily
bear_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
Skip2MyLou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaHoopy View Post
You might want to try Gymboree or Crazy8. I think their clothes run on the bigger side. I always look through their clearance racks. The clothes go on sale pretty soon after they are released.

When we go out my daughter wears her boots with the leggings inside, so nobody notices if they are a little short!
Thanks, I'm going to head to the mall in a bit so I'll check them out. We have been tucking them into her boots but they are getting so short that when she sits the legs come up over her boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriemel View Post
Look at the Target XS in the girls department. My 4 year old is a tallish but tiny waisted, 42 inches and 39 pounds, but the XS girls leggings (Circo brand) are PERFECT for her.
That is my daughter exactly. This is a new problem for us. She used to hit the size of her age, within a few weeks. In fact, many times season would change before her clothes size would. I don't think it will be that way with her brothers tho. They are almost 3 months & already getting into 6 mo clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_mom View Post
I have a skinny one and I don't know how many different pairs of pants that I have stitched up the waist on so she can wear pants that fit her in length, I feel your pain.

At 13 she can still wear a girls x-smalll legging from Target (she wanted them to be short ).

Emily
I wish I could sew... Not even sure I could handle a few stitches.

Thanks all! We are heading out of town to visit family this week. I would hate for them to think that I don't buy her clothes

Disney College of Knowledge Graduate - June 2013
Skip2MyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
Familyof4lovesDW
DIS Veteran

It sounds like your DD needs a girls 4 slim for jeans or adjustable waist pants. A toddler size 4t, 5t would be too big in the width. Carter's is huge compared to every other brand in everything they sell, so I would not expect that brand to fit. I would try old navy or Oshkosh or children's place. Cp leggings seem to run longer so maybe a girls 4 would work.

My DS is super skinny and my BFF has a super skinny dd.

At least you have a dd and she can wear dresses and too short pants in boots, for boys there are no options in winter. In summer he wears shorts so length doesn't matter as much.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Have you seen these? http://www.dappersnappers.com/ They have ones now with clips so you can put them on leggings and stuff without belt loops.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

Do you know how to sew? If so, you can add some ruffles to the bottoms of those short pants to extend the life of them
summerrluvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #9
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

Check the thrift stores. It's hit or miss, but when you hit, at least you save done money. My youngest daughter is SO hard to buy for in the winter. Like yours she refuses to wear jeans. But mine also won't wear leggings, tights, skirts, dresses or sweats. And the cotton pants cannot be "skinny". She can't stand anything that close on her. (Wont wear collared shirts or turtlenecks, hates scarves and hoods that strap under her chin too) Her 2 older sisters are not as complicated.

With the thrift stores I don't feel bad buying a couple if sizes up ( for when she grows). At $2 a pair it's not do bad. But, most of the stuff is jeans lately. Nearly drove me mad a month ago when she outgrew her 3 pair of pants and we had a cold snap do capris weren't rational. After two days of trying every store imaginable I ended paying full price -$24 for 2 pair of pants at Target that she "doesn't like, but will wear".

Also start looking at cousins and friends with older kids of similar build. Ask what they do with the clothes their daughters grow out of. If they don't consign them, they may be willing to pass clothes on. I get clothes from several friends and a few cousins and also pass on clothes in good shape. I'd love to tell you it's a phase, but my youngest just turned 8 and has been like this since about a year old.
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Lands end prices can be pretty good if you check out clearance. They tend to run big. We get a lot of room-to-grow leggings and wear until they turn into short Capri leggings. Esp under skirts or dresses.
And, yes, mine refuses jeans, too. Of course, I did...and to a point I still do. She will *sometimes* wear stretchy denim look leggings from target or osh-kosh outlet.

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #11
Dopey19
Mouseketeer

My daughter is the same way, tall and very skinny. I found JCPenny to have slim sizes and work great for her. We've bought 5 Slim and 6 Slim and both were a perfect fit.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #12
#17 Cherry Tree Lane
Earning My Ears

Target seemed to be the only place iI could find jeans for my step daughter. She's so tall but her waist is so small. I get the circo jeans in tall if they have them. Sometimes I get lucky at JCPenny but it's hit or miss. If the pants have the elastic grow band inside it really helps. I'm also for trying thrift stores. A lot of her clothes are from there since she's so hard to size and I can mix and match and not spend much. Good luck, I know it gets frustrating.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
#17 Cherry Tree Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

If you don't sew, you can also glue trim or ribbon to the bottom of the pants or buy leg warmers. You might have more luck with dresses and tights for a while. And then next year she can wear the same dresses as shirts with leggings!
Nevada Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #14
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

Mom of 3 skinny girls- Gymboree(clearance) for leggins or as we call them "soft pants", also JCPenney, try size 5 slim. Havent hadmuch luck with macys, and just to shock you my 5 yr old DD can wear a 6 slim from justice they run small, she wears anywhere from a 4 to a 6x depending on the store!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #15
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Try Circo leggings (Target), Crazy 8, Carter's. Also try Hanna Andersson. Prices are a little higher (better if you can hit a sale) but they are longer and not huge in the waist. I had to get those for DD as she is super tall but skinny. FYI, my local Costco usually gets in the leggings in fall and it is MUCH better in pricing. Also check Children's Place jeggings -- they have "cord" and "jean" jeggings that are really more leggings. Those tend to run longer than their regular leggings and DD, who also hates jeans, LOVES her jeggings. Price is right too!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: