Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
wendydarling826
I thought mine was the only crazy family
I will do anything to avoid housework, but when I have a podcast to listen to, I can whistle while I work

Kids Give Kids the World: Update

As I posted a couple of months ago, my fourth grade class has an ongoing goal of raising money for GKTW. Our first big project was a used book sale. The kids advertised the sale in school, we collected donations over a two week period, and then we held the sale on two days. Other classes visited our sale and bought books for a quarter each. We raised $363.80! The kids were amazed to see how much the funds raised will do for families who visit GKTW and are already talking about what we can do next. Seeing their pride and satisfaction in doing something to help others brought home to me the real power of the Power of 10. In addition to the book sale, through our ongoing classroom "wish" project we raised enough to buy a flattie, and we're sending him off this week. So that's $400. in two months - pretty good for one class of 9 year olds!
Old 11-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

That is wonderful!!! Great job everyone. I am looking forward to receiving your Flattie!!!
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: