Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #31
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon2013 View Post
Subscribing! Dfi and I are going to WDW the exact same dates as you, except we will be staying in the Contemporary. I posted some questions in your HM TR.
It's nice to have you on board! I'm going to be subbing to your PTR as well! It's awesome we're going the same dates!
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #32
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Disney Heartbroken

One of my worse Disney fears has come true...

2/15/13: The Keep Moving Forward: See the World, Share the Dream Segway Tour at Epcot has been cancelled. We're not sure yet if this is a permanent change or just temporary, but we'll update as soon as we know. The Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway Tour is still taking place at Fort Wilderness.

That's so sad! That was one of the things Devan was most looking forward to! I guess I'm glad we got to experience it when we did! It was an amazing tour and I've never heard a bad review of it! I guess it makes our decision easier of which tour to take. Though, he might be so depressed about it that he might not want to do segways at all. (Yes, I'm a tad bit dramatic.)

I'll update more when I'm feeling up to it. This really saddens me.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #33
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

In Honor of 9 Months!!

Okay, I'm done blubbering for now...

I am excited to announce that we are NINE MONTHS exactly from leaving for Disney World!!! That is still a very long time BUT I have no doubt it will go by fast!

Since DH is out being a sweetheart getting me a Cheesecake Concrete from Sheridan's, I thought I'd take advantage and do an update! Though, I didn't mention he's been playing COD with one of our best friends downstairs for about two hours now while I keep the dogs entertained.

Anyway, here is what I have planned so far:

Because of how our trip is planned, we actually have two reservations and only one of them has the dining plan. You'll see that below on the picture I took of my park hours calendar. There was no way to copy and paste it manually.

*Available to make Dining Reservations & Tours/Special Experiences June 5, 2013*

Airfare (start looking for flights in April ’13):
Monday, December 2, 2013
Southwest Airlines Flight #
Departure Time:
Arrival Time:

Saturday, December 7, 2013
Southwest Airlines Flight #
Departure Time:
Arrival Time:

Magical Express Information:
Departure: Saturday, December 7th
Time:

I'm sure hoping they have more EMH-Late at MK this December... I'd be super sad if they didn't!

Possible Restaurants:
Be Our Guest Restaurant-MK (1 credit)
The Hollywood Brown Dirby-HS (2 credits)
Boma-AKL (1 credit)
The Crystal Palace-MK (1 credit)
Kona Café-Poly (1 credit)
Le Cellier-Epcot (2 credits)
‘Ohana-Poly (1 credit)
Tusker House-AK (1 credit)
Citricos-GF (2 credits)
Artist Point-WL (2 credits)
Beaches & Cream-Boardwalk (

Possible Tours/Experiences:
(407) 939-8687

Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour: $74 pp
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tou...o-the-kingdom/

Wilderness Back Trail Adventure: $90 pp
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/rec...ail-adventure/

Keep Moving Forward:See the World, Share the Dream (Segway Tour): $99 pp (Well, maybe not now... I'll keep this on here until I hear that it is cancelled for good)
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tou...oving-forward/

Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party
• Reviews:
o http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/s...hp?product=555
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...dessert-party/

I've been using the 2012 December Hours for comparison but you never know how these might change and won't have anything set in stone (or at least closely set in stone) until they release the 2013 December park hours.

I've decided that I for sure want to do the Dessert Party. Wishes is one of my favorite things and it'd be nice to not fight the crowds during one viewing. Plus crowds kind of stress DH out. So, once the park hours get released I'll make that ressie. The one tip I've seen for that is to do it on a night when the park is open later so you're not fighting to get out of the park at the same time. Maybe a night when EMH is offered at MK?

I'm fairly certain that we will be doing the two tours above, meaning one of the segway tours (or the only one left ) and the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I think with those and the Dessert Party, we had quite a few amazing experiences planned! Gosh, I'm getting excited for this vacation and it's still nine months away! That's okay... We have our One-Year Anniversary Trip planned.

I know it's not Disney, but we did get airfare booked for our trip to Colorado! Our parents, being the type of parents they are, had to spoil us once again. Devan and I had planned to drive to Colorado, but my parents firmly believed that we wouldn't have enough time to do what we wanted there since we'd be driving down Friday night (all through the night) which is about a 10+ hour drive, having some of Saturday, all of Sunday, and then driving back home Monday only to go to work on Tuesday. They tried to accent their point by saying we'd miss the gorgeous drive through the mountains if we went in during the night...

Anyway, Devan and I are both stubborn and so are my parents. My dad said he was planning to buy us airfare for their Florida beach vacation in May, but since we couldn't go because of work they'd just buy our airfare for Colorado! I, of course, protested. But, then my dad threw out that he had an airfare voucher that was getting ready to expire and needed to use it or it'd go to waste. So, he used that on us and then he purchased our other airline tickets... Will he ever stop trying to spoil me? I can't imagine what he's going to do when he has grandchildren. Guess I'll get a good glimpse if my nephew ever decides to arrive! It seeming like he might make it to his due date afterall. He only put my sister into early contractions last week and she's been really crampy so everyone was hoping! Looks like Mr. Baby is stubborn too.

Anyway, that's the most legit post I've had in awhile and I'm sorry about that. But, I can't end it without a few personal pictures of Devan and I shoveling our driveway! We got two feet of snow within three days and the snow drifts from the second storm we got were over five feet!

Yes, the snow is OVER our heads.

I wouldn't complain if I never saw snow again. Though, it snowed ALL day yesterday. Luckily, it didn't accumulate.

Also, we celebrated my mom's 59th birthday. I only put that on here because she won't read this and let's be honest... She looks AMAZING!

One last picture of our kitties, who don't get the paparazzi as much as the puppies! Probably because they think they're better than everyone...

Anyway, let me know what you think of the plans!

See you next time!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Rumors!

The blubbering might have to commence... Just saw on the boards that someone said that Disney had cancelled ALL segway tours. I'm hoping this isn't true...

I've also heard that Disney is talking about getting rid of EMH. Again, I hope this isn't true...

Have you guys heard anything about these two bits of information floating around?
Old 03-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #35
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #36
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtinaDitty
The blubbering might have to commence... Just saw on the boards that someone said that Disney had cancelled ALL segway tours. I'm hoping this isn't true...

I've also heard that Disney is talking about getting rid of EMH. Again, I hope this isn't true...

Have you guys heard anything about these two bits of information floating around?
Joining in!

That's sad about the Segway tours! I know y'all loved that!

And surely they wouldn't do away with EMH?!? I mean, that's such a draw for people to stay on property, plus extra revenue with guests in the park longer (to buy food/merch/etc). I just can't really see that happening. But who knows!?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
cbcrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #37
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
Joining in!

That's sad about the Segway tours! I know y'all loved that!

And surely they wouldn't do away with EMH?!? I mean, that's such a draw for people to stay on property, plus extra revenue with guests in the park longer (to buy food/merch/etc). I just can't really see that happening. But who knows!?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I know! I was so super bumbed...

The rumors regarding EMH have to do with the whole FastPass+ I think. We'll see. I'm hoping this doesn't happen because it's my big reason for staying on property! Like you said, I can't see it happening but I'm still a little fuzzy on FastPass+!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #38
snuggly duckling
Mouseketeer

Subbing in... We are also planning a Christmas trip (for the actual day of Christmas - terrified!)

I also work in banking and have a soft spot of rescue animals, though after a rough few years, we are down to just one dog (mini wiener dog named Martini) and one former-feral cat who thinks he's a dog (Guinness.) It's killing me - I want to go get a puppy ASAP (from a rescue of course) but my husband is less enthusiastic about the idea. I think he's still hurting from the loss of our bestest beagles (Abby died of cancer in 2008 and Bailey had a heart attack last year.) It's also harder now that we have young kids; we can't just get any dog because we have to make sure they are kid-tested. Our 3rd beagle baby Jack is on permanent vacation with my parents because he bit both the kids (multiple times, through no fault of the dog or the kids.) He's 17 years old, blind, and deaf - just not a good combo with loud, quick-moving and wobbly kids.

Looking forward to reading more on your plans!
snuggly duckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #39
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Hey girl! I am finally all caught up on this and the end of your TR.

The Poly really is such a beautiful place. We really enjoyed staying there on our honeymoon.

Narcoossee's is such a nice place to eat! The lobster was yummy! And I loved your dress!

I am loving all your updates of your cute dogs. We have a chocolate lab puppy; she's only about 7 months old!

How exciting it is to be planning another trip! We are going in May, which will be our last trip to WDW before the baby is born!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #40
tinkgurl

Possible Restaurants:

-Be Our Guest- I am so excited to finally eat here!

-Hollywood Brown Derby- DH and I have always enjoyed our meals there.

-Boma- We haven't been back for awhile. It is neat to explore AKL while there. If the food is something that interests you, I say go for it. I have also heard great things about Sanaa!

-Crystal Palace- I know you enjoy eating there, so it's just a decision of whether or not you want to use the credit at some place you haven't been before.

-Kona- This is one of my favorite places to eat. Breakfast is great with the tonga toast and pressed coffee pot. Dinner is great because you can order off their menu and the sushi bar's menu as well!

-Le Cellier- This is one of my DH's favorite places to eat at WDW!

-Ohana- Another great place for both breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is with Lilo and Stitch. Dinner has amazing food, and if you time your ADR right- they play the Wishes music so you can watch from your table!

-Tusker House- Great place for breakfast. The juice is so good! Plus, we were right by the KS, so we could get FP's before the crowds made it back to that area.

-Citrico's- I really want to eat here!

-Artist Point- This is another place I want to eat. I love WL!

-B&C- Haven't been, but heard good things!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #41
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Hey girl! I am finally all caught up on this and the end of your TR.

The Poly really is such a beautiful place. We really enjoyed staying there on our honeymoon.

Narcoossee's is such a nice place to eat! The lobster was yummy! And I loved your dress!

I am loving all your updates of your cute dogs. We have a chocolate lab puppy; she's only about 7 months old!

How exciting it is to be planning another trip! We are going in May, which will be our last trip to WDW before the baby is born!
Quote:
Possible Restaurants:

-Be Our Guest- I am so excited to finally eat here!

-Hollywood Brown Derby- DH and I have always enjoyed our meals there.

-Boma- We haven't been back for awhile. It is neat to explore AKL while there. If the food is something that interests you, I say go for it. I have also heard great things about Sanaa!

-Crystal Palace- I know you enjoy eating there, so it's just a decision of whether or not you want to use the credit at some place you haven't been before.

-Kona- This is one of my favorite places to eat. Breakfast is great with the tonga toast and pressed coffee pot. Dinner is great because you can order off their menu and the sushi bar's menu as well!

-Le Cellier- This is one of my DH's favorite places to eat at WDW!

-Ohana- Another great place for both breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is with Lilo and Stitch. Dinner has amazing food, and if you time your ADR right- they play the Wishes music so you can watch from your table!

-Tusker House- Great place for breakfast. The juice is so good! Plus, we were right by the KS, so we could get FP's before the crowds made it back to that area.

-Citrico's- I really want to eat here!

-Artist Point- This is another place I want to eat. I love WL!

-B&C- Haven't been, but heard good things!
Ah, thanks! They're my little fur-babies! I can't help but share pictures of them! I can't imagine how bad I'll be once I have kiddos! Laila turned one years old February 6th and Ellie will turn one years old May 20th. My little girls are just growing up! Next thing you know, they'll be saving China (Mulan reference, lol)!

Thanks for the tips about food places! For some reason this year I feel like we have no food credits, even though we still do! Lol. Is that sad or what? There are so many amazing places I want to eat but I think we only have 4 days of credits (long story). I'm almost ready to reserve an extra day just so I can eat at more places!! LOL! If we end up having discounts at some point I might just do that!

I'm trying to get caught up on your TR. My sister just had her baby yesterday and she was two weeks late! I'm supposed to be meeting him today on my lunch break! Yay! There's pictures on my TR if you're interested! I hope to get an update done on my PTR this weekend since we're supposed to get another foot of snow... Blegh. That's our third snow event since the first day of spring a few days ago, lol. So excited about your little one! Do you know if it's a boy or girl yet?
Old 03-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #42
tinkgurl

I saw the picture of the baby! How exciting!

We will find out what the baby is in May!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #43
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
I saw the picture of the baby! How exciting!

We will find out what the baby is in May!
Ah, so exciting!! May is right around the corner! So excited to read your hopeful TR from your May trip. Whenever we get pregnant, I'm fully expecting to go on a babymoon to Disney. At least the beach with a day or two at Disney!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #44
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Disney Fever!

Hey everyone!

It’s been awhile since I’ve written on here but things have been so busy at home. I hope everyone had a happy Easter! This is what I came into the Saturday before Easter on my work email from one of my coworkers… I just found out she’s somewhat Disney obsessed as well so needless to say we’ve bonded quite well!

My sister finally had her baby on March 21st! She was two weeks late and was in labor for 31 hours (though the birth center claims it was closer to 40). She and T named their baby Pippin Augustus Tiberius. What a name, right? But, it totally fits his parents and it’s cute that they cared enough about what they wanted his name to
be that they just gave him two middle names. He’s been affectionately known as Pipsqueak by much of his family and he is already loved by so many! He’s two and a half weeks old today and he’s been lifting his head since day 1! He’s a strong little guy, just like his momma and daddy!

Here’s my dad debuting his new name, G-pa!

And of course, my beautiful mother who is going to be one of the most amazing grandma’s in the world!

Here’s me with my brand new nephew!!

Do I look like a natural? Lol. Let’s just say that a lot of baby comments have started popping up since this picture surfaced. That same day we were at his grandparents’ house celebrating three birthdays and Devan and I were playing with Mila (his 1 year old neice) and you should have seen the adoring smiles and the comments. Sheesh… As if Devan’s family weren’t baby crazy for us already… Lol!

We did receive some exciting mail this week!

We’ve even had a personalized video from them. I love how they’re personalizing everything! It just gets me that much more excited!

Anyway, Devan and I did come up with some dining ideas. Not sure if I’ve mentioned this before but our trip is broken into two reservations. One is eligible for the DDP and the other is not. I won’t get into details but I’m still hoping there might be a way to get the DDP for the last couple of days. Really, the only days we won’t have the DDP are our last full day and the day we leave. So, we shouldn’t notice it too much. I guess we can pay for a couple of meals out of pocket instead of beforehand… Lol

Here is a breakdown of some ideas I’ve been running through my head.

12/2
12/3
12/4
12/5

DDP 4 days (4 Table Service, 4 Quick Service, 4 Snacks per person) December 2-5th

Brown Derby (2 TS Credits) HS
o http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...staurant.id=85
‘Ohana (1 TS) Polynesian
o http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...staurant.id=25
Liberty Tree Tavern (1 TS) MK
o http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...staurant.id=87

Gift Card Restaurants
• Rainforest Café AK
o http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.id=167
VS
• Tusker House AK
o http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.id=267

Non-Dining Plan Days (1-2) December 6th and 7th

Sci-Fi Dine In Theater – HS
o http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.id=129
Biergarten – Epcot
o http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.id=102
Garden Grill – Epcot
o http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.id=374
Be Our Guest – MK
o http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.id=615

QS Locations:
• Gaston’s Tavern
o http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.id=619
• Crepes des Chefs de France
o http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.id=389

Date Night Ideas:
• Beaches and Cream for dessert
o http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...estaurant.id=9

Visit Jellyroll’s (a dueling piano bar featuring sing-a-longs to your favorite pop
tunes) for a $12 per person cover charge (21 and over).

At night you can wander along the Polynesian’s beach and watch the Electrical
Water Pageant and the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom. Walk through the tiki-
torch lit gardens between the Great Ceremonial House and the beach. It’s all very
romantic.

Horseback Riding
o https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...ircle-d-ranch/

Projected Dates for MVMCP:
• 12/2
• 12/4
• 12/6
• 2012 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets went on sale May 1. Call (407)
W-DISNEY (934-7639) to order.

Holiday Sleigh Rides
• During the month of December, Disney offers 25-minute “sleigh” rides through the
woods from the Ft. Wilderness Campground. (The horse-drawn vehicle is wheeled
but made to look like a red sleigh, complete with sleighbells!)
• You can book up to 180 days in advance by calling (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529).

Woohoo! I can’t believe how fast time is flying! Our Colorado trip is coming up fast! 102 days!! All I need to do is book a rental car and our ghost hunt! I’ll tell you more about that after I book it! I should probably get on that. I’ve heard they fill up pretty fast.

Our Disney trip is now 238 days away! But, the booking of our ADRs and such is 58 days away! How can that be? Wow, I didn’t realize we were that close! I may have to reserve some Disney Planning Time with the hubby this weekend! Lol. I bet he’ll be ecstatic! In between planning for Colorado and Disney, one of my best friend’s wedding is taking place. I’m a bridesmaid so I know we’ll be busy with that! Her wedding is June 15th so it’s coming down to all the last minute stuff! At least that will help time go by faster!

One thing I am super excited about is my vacation time from work when we go to Disney. Every year I’ve worked for the banking industry I’ve had to work Black Friday open to close so my coworkers could take off. This year, I don’t have to! I will have off from November 28th (Thanksgiving and my sister’s birthday) through December 8th, only to return to work December 9th. It’ll be nice to have some extra family time around Thanksgiving since we all have multiple Thankgivings! Who knows… Maybe I’ll partake in some Black Friday shopping. Lol! Does the Disney Store partake in that? I think we have one on the Plaza here. I’ll have to check it out! Haha!

I’m going to have to go delete some pictures off of photobucket. Apparently, I’m almost at my limit
of space… Woops! But for now, here are some pictures from the “homestead” as my old coworkers affectionately call it!

Sometimes Ellie’s ears flip back like these and she reminds me of Jar Jar Binks. LOL! What do you think?

We had another big winter storm, hopefully our last considering we had two winter storms after the first day of spring! It was at least beautiful! This picture was taken on our way home from Chipotle. I just had to have me some Chipotle. If any of you have ever heard of Chipotle, you know what I’m talking about!

Due to the snow and the melting of snow, not to mention the waking of the sprinkler due to the gorgeous weather we’ve been having, Ellie has had a bit of fun playing in the mud…

Sure makes a momma proud when her pride and joy shows up looking like this.

Here are a few of the hubby and me from Easter (first pic), date night (second pic), and our family outing seeing Jurassic Park in 3D today (third pic)! Ironically, DH is wearing the same outfit in pictures 2 and 3… Huh.

Hope everyone’s week goes well! Life may take an UNEXPECTED twist this week and if that happens I’ll be sure to update you all! Have a magical week!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #45
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggly duckling View Post
Subbing in... We are also planning a Christmas trip (for the actual day of Christmas - terrified!)

I also work in banking and have a soft spot of rescue animals, though after a rough few years, we are down to just one dog (mini wiener dog named Martini) and one former-feral cat who thinks he's a dog (Guinness.) It's killing me - I want to go get a puppy ASAP (from a rescue of course) but my husband is less enthusiastic about the idea. I think he's still hurting from the loss of our bestest beagles (Abby died of cancer in 2008 and Bailey had a heart attack last year.) It's also harder now that we have young kids; we can't just get any dog because we have to make sure they are kid-tested. Our 3rd beagle baby Jack is on permanent vacation with my parents because he bit both the kids (multiple times, through no fault of the dog or the kids.) He's 17 years old, blind, and deaf - just not a good combo with loud, quick-moving and wobbly kids.

Looking forward to reading more on your plans!
I could have sworn I replied to this... So sorry!! It sounds like we have a lot in common. We've had a couple of rough years with a dog and cat passing away. We also have two dogs on permanent vacation with my parents. When we moved, they did not do well, which is how we ended up with Laila and Ellie from the local pound. I'm about to head over to your PTR!

Tags
christmas, mvmcp, polynesian, pre-trip report, ptr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: