Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #76
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

LOVE the water view shot! Thanks for sharing!!

Ninja mom, your description of you "men" packing made me . I should make mine pack for themselves, but at 6, 10 and yes, even 40, that could be disastrous.

I want to say thank you AGAIN to Dee and everyone for this great thread! Last time we went to the world, we stayed CL at the Grand Floridian, and I wanted to do something nice for the staff but knew they couldn't take tips. Thanks to this thread, I just boxed up my "goody box" of Michigan-themed treats (including a few special ones ), and they will ship to the Yacht Club tomorrow at the address that was so easy to find on the first page.

Now the race is on: who will get there first...me or the box?

Can't believe we're almost there!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 11-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #77
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
Wanted to share our great view from the Beach Club~

Now THAT is a WATER view!!! Why even the Laundry Room looks....ALLURING!

This is obviously a laundry room where the rich and famous wash up their unmentionables. If you look really hard you can almost see the Chippendale/bartender whipping up something decadent and handing it to the lucky lady doing laundry.

I may be dragging down some extra laundry just so 'Tom Collins' (I've named him!) can make me a dirty "Flirtini"*

~NM

(*The flirtini is a cocktail containing vodka, champagne and pineapple juice)
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #78
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wanted to share our great view from the Beach Club~

We had the exact same view (until we changed rooms since ours didn't have a daybed and we have 5 people in our family). I LOVE the location (very close to our secret door by 1501) and the view!

Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 11-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #79
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

This is obviously a laundry room where the rich and famous wash up their unmentionables. If you look really hard you can almost see the Chippendale/bartender whipping up something decadent and handing it to the lucky lady doing laundry.

I may be dragging down some extra laundry just so 'Tom Collins' (I've named him!) can make me a dirty "Flirtini"*

~NM

Hey! Where was Tom Collins when I stayed there any my room faced this area? He must have been on break! All I saw were people washing their dirty unmentionables. I was the only rich and famous person there!

It does look like an alluring place to get loaded while doing your loads! If we get lucky enough to get this section again, I'll be sure to leave my patio door unlocked for Tom Collins to hand-deliver my flirtini!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 11-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #80
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Great job on the new thread Dee

Old 11-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #81
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

~NM

I want to see Tom Collins, too! And the flirtini sounds divine!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 11-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #82
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Yeah a new thread! Great job Dee!
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York

My first ever Trip Report - DLP or bust! w/ Lots of Pics!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #83
wdisneyaholic
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone.

I haven't had a chance to scroll thru all the old pages. I haven't seen anything posted lately on HH. Just wondering if its done and what the changes are. Any new pics of it?

Thanks..
Old 11-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #84
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

We are here at the Beach Club, We have a good water view room and finally a room with a full balcony!

The wi fi and internet connections beyond stink here. I cant write what my dh thinks. For the over $300 plus you pay for a room this should not be a problem.

I thibk someone else posted here once that you get a better connection at the Holiday Inn. Dh has agreed. He needs to do work and it cant get done. Very frustrating.

The bounceback in the room is only for a package with tickets and free dining. We have ap's so we dont neerd that. Hence, we are not booking anything before we leave, sorry Disney. You have to come up with something better to get my money.

Room issues: upon arrival, the wooden door to the refrig was broken. Dh fixed it with his nail clipper.

Dh walked to the bathroom with his socks. Noticed his socks were wet. Outside carpet by bathroom was wet. This did not happen again.

We go to turn the tv on at night. Nothing, zip, nada etc. Dh determines someone has disconeted the whole tv behind the panel. He fixed and reconnects everything.

I go to take shower. What is up with this. After I am already in the shower I notice we have 2 conditioners and no shampoo. That was only the first day.

Housekeeping is good and we got our request of near the elevator.

I miss our Teena. Sorry the young guy just doesnt cut it for me and the older guy is ok, but they are not our Teena.

Well I will do my lobby spotting over the week end. Rumors on the other boards are One Direction. We shall see. I am not too familiar with the teeny bopper celebs as you know from my Justin Bieber sighting last year.

Ate at Cape May last night. It was ok. I love the desserts. The soup was squash and the mac and cheese was not cheesy. Dh was in crab leg heaven.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #85
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdisneyaholic View Post
Good morning everyone.

I haven't had a chance to scroll thru all the old pages. I haven't seen anything posted lately on HH. Just wondering if its done and what the changes are. Any new pics of it?

Thanks..
Haven't heard a thing. I believe the timetable was for completion sometime in December. Hope they are still on schedule for that.

Hopefully someone there in the next week or so can report back or better yet, provide pictures.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #86
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
The links all say they are gone!!!!!!!

Looks like Disneyzone completely redid their website.

Please someone tell me they have them all saved on their computer!!!!! :wors hip:

This is from another thread, started by our friend TigrLvsPooh.

OK, so I admit it. I only saved addresses to these maps- I have links in the BC and YC room posts.

Does anyone have the actual maps???

For those who don't know, it is a map of the room numbers/locations at the BC and YC (and other resorts). It also gives a designation of the room category, but it is based on categories before there was a Garden View designation for rooms, so that part has not been accurate for quite awhile.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #87
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph H View Post
LOVE the water view shot! Thanks for sharing!!

Ninja mom, your description of you "men" packing made me . I should make mine pack for themselves, but at 6, 10 and yes, even 40, that could be disastrous.

I want to say thank you AGAIN to Dee and everyone for this great thread! Last time we went to the world, we stayed CL at the Grand Floridian, and I wanted to do something nice for the staff but knew they couldn't take tips. Thanks to this thread, I just boxed up my "goody box" of Michigan-themed treats (including a few special ones ), and they will ship to the Yacht Club tomorrow at the address that was so easy to find on the first page.

Now the race is on: who will get there first...me or the box?

Can't believe we're almost there!
Have fun and send us updates so we can pretend we are there with you

Ninjamom You are going to be there soon. I can not wait to hear your witty review of your stay

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 11-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #88
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was a water view. It was so nice to sit and have coffee there in the a.m.
Great view, thanks for sharing.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 11-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #89
wdw lifer
Earning My Ears

4 days left!!

Will post pics when we get there.
First trip off site 1989 AS S March 1995 OKW October 1997 WL November 1997 BV December 1999 WL November 2001 POR November 2006 CBR November 2007 CSR November 2008 YC November 2009 YC November 2010 BW November 2011 (no yacht available)
Beach Club CLDecember 2012

Last edited by wdw lifer; 11-29-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #90
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw lifer View Post
5 days left!!

Will post pics when we get there.
we get back 12/4!

What people think of you is none of your business.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: