Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #151
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph H View Post
a stranger walked up to me and said, "Excuse me. We have four fast passes for Soarin' with a return from 2-3pm. Would you like them?" Well golly, yes, thank you! We even had time for a quick snack in Mexico and then made it to the ride with 10 minutes to spare. It was the first time riding for any of us!
Love it when the Magic that just happens. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amommy21 View Post

Well I so glad to hear we didn't just do everything wrong at Epcot and that does seem like a successful day. I should think of popping into Epcot like popping into Down town Disney at Disneyland.
Nothing wrong. I think most of us saw your list of attractions and thought WOW. That's a lot.

We usually go strong for our first couple days then start to slow down and 'smell the roses'. Hopefully you're getting there.

And thanks for including us on your trip.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #152
LuvLDM
DIS Veteran

I know Stormalong Bay provides pool towels, are towels also available at the BC quiet pool?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #153
Amommy21
Mouseketeer

Is there a link to typical beach club trip reports?
Old 12-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #154
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Not yet. But that is a great suggestion!!!

I will try to work on a link sometime.

Missyrose has one with lots of pictures from her split stay (BCV). My Third Annual "Never" Going to Disney in the Summer again TR is in my signature (long). Janetmom had a report incorporating the YC. Feckless had a report from her stay at the BC.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #155
Amommy21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Not yet. But that is a great suggestion!!!

I will try to work on a link sometime.

Missyrose has one with lots of pictures from her split stay (BCV). My Third Annual "Never" Going to Disney in the Summer again TR is in my signature (long). Janetmom had a report incorporating the YC. Feckless had a report from her stay at the BC.
Thanks! It would be so useful to me to see daily attraction lists from people who stay at TBC
Old 12-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #156
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLDM View Post
I know Stormalong Bay provides pool towels, are towels also available at the BC quiet pool?
Yes! Towels available at both the BC and BCV quiet pools.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #157
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

First, a big WELCOME HOME to Teena! Always fun to see your photos and read your reports! Your thoughts regarding the Western confirm what I had been thinking about the Western. Still thinking about getting back to the Wonder someday, but probably Bahamas, depending what they offer in future years.

Quote:
Yes we have a premiere annual pass to both parks so we can park hop. We just don't because we think transportation takes too much out of it in general... But will as park of plans the next two days as things close early and such.

See I don't find Disneyland crowded. We always go off season and I find it so much more charming. And when you stay on property it's so nice because you are just there and can do anything you like without planning. We always have one nice meal each day on DL. Story tellers, blue bayou and of course don't miss Napa Rose and the new Carthage Circle or whatever it's called is Awesome! and you don't really habe to plan too much ahead if you are flexible. Napa Rose can fill up. The other meals we snack or stop at the plaza or mexican place something. You c an always just walk into all counter service no problem. That's where a lot of people eat. Oh and some families bring picnics.

Well I so glad to hear we didn't just do everything wrong at Epcot and that does seem like a successful day. I should think of popping into Epcot like popping into Down town Disney at Disneyland.

Sorry for typos I am on my iPhone. Thank you for all your replies.
Hope things look up and you enjoy your time at WDW! DL was my original home park, as I'm originally from California, but we moved to the east coast and became WDW vets. We still return to DL during both peak season and off-season (usually spend a week or two in Newport Beach each year) and enjoy both. But they are really entirely different. GCH and BC, for example, are completely different (as you know now!) Both have great locations, but "great location" is relative. As for dining, we love WDW dining, and have a few favorites at DL. (Yay for Napa Rose and Blue Bayou - can't wait to try Carthay this summer!) We don't do much CS at DL, so we're not the norm. The DL reservation people laugh at me when I call at exactly 60 days for my PS reservations and run down my list of PS requests with times/dates, etc.! But I love planning ahead and we really enjoy walking, so WDW works well for us. Think of it as an entirely different place than DL, and that might help you to enjoy!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 12-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #158
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My signature has the link to my Yacht Club trip report from last March. Our son was 15 at the time, so it may be different than travelling with a 10 year old. And, I should add that we are not commando park folks. I plan our schedule very specifically and then we relax into the trip and go with the flow, deciding if we want to stick to the days plans, or just relax into something different.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 12-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #159
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Questions...

Is there a bus that goes to Wide World of Sports? or should I be renting a car?? I just booked another Disney trip for Yankee Spring Training 2/23/12 playing the Braves at Champions Stadium!! (got the answer... must take bus to one of three resorts then transfer to bus to the ESPN Sports complex)!

I'm not sure what's come over me booking 2 trips, but I like it!!

~Nannette

Last edited by nannette; 12-02-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #160
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Calling All Y&BC Experts

One of my favorite resort things to do is to relax by the poolside. Even though we love the Poly one of my frustrations with the main pool was the lack of space to lounge by the pool. This past June was our first June trip and we were just not ready for the crowds by the pool versus our normal fall trips.

Anyway, in June I was like a magnet for annoying people and with not a lot of options to move poolside I just grinned and bared it most times [i.e. people on conference calls (I am trying to avoid work) and just the loud and obnoxious (some drunk some not)].

So with all of that being said and the facts that I still have one little one, DD6, who still needs to be watched where are some great places that you like to hang out by the pool? I'm not necessarily looking for the prime spots but the relaxing ones.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 12-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #161
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
One of my favorite resort things to do is to relax by the poolside. Even though we love the Poly one of my frustrations with the main pool was the lack of space to lounge by the pool. This past June was our first June trip and we were just not ready for the crowds by the pool versus our normal fall trips.

Anyway, in June I was like a magnet for annoying people and with not a lot of options to move poolside I just grinned and bared it most times [i.e. people on conference calls (I am trying to avoid work) and just the loud and obnoxious (some drunk some not)].

So with all of that being said and the facts that I still have one little one, DD6, who still needs to be watched where are some great places that you like to hang out by the pool? I'm not necessarily looking for the prime spots but the relaxing ones.
The absolutely most relaxing place is at the quiet pool, but your son will probably want SAB. It is usually quiet by the sand pool area in SAB, where the little ones hang out.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #162
west&east
DIS Veteran

Joining the new thread. We have our next trip officially booked using our new AP rates! We are staying BC CL 1/18-1/22.

Woohooo!

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 12-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #163
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
We had a wonderful time. Probably worst weather we've ever had on a cruise though. Hardly any sun at all. Seas were very calm though. There was some sun the morning at Castaway but it was cold (high 60's, low 70's) with pretty good wind so we only walked around and had lunch there. I never expect to actually have a "beach" day at Castaway from mid-November through the end of March. A beach day to me means when you sit on the beach you get so hot you need to be in the water most of the time and the water doesn't turn you purple. The Bahamas are so far north compared to the Caribbean that I never plan on our winter Disney cruises being good Castaway "beach" days.

Our brunch at Palo was, as usual, the highlight of our cruise.

We just relaxed, actually more like collapsed, ate, read and enjoyed the beautiful ship!! This will probably be our last Disney Western Caribbean. Costa Maya is a total waste of time and Cozumel has gotten so bad that there is no reason to go ashore ... JMO of course. I'm sure if you spend the money and do an excursion you might enjoy it but people I talked to that went to the beach in Costa Maya said it was horrible and the "ruins" were nothing worth seeing. When you get off the ship it's a bunch of cheap t-shirt places and cops with machine guns ... yep, real machine guns. The good stores in Cozumel are all gone. I remember the days of Venetian, Milano, Effy, etc. And the friends we were with ... Lois and I were walking ahead of Bob and Fred. You couldn't tell the men were really with us. A man actually grabbed Lois' arm and tried to pull her into a store. Grand Cayman is still a really nice place to go but the two Mexican stops ruin it. I wish they would get rid of Mexico (both stops) altogether and just go to Grand Cayman, Castaway Cay of course and a day in Belize. We loved Belize when we were there last year on Celebrity. So I think we'll be sticking with Eastern Caribbean on Disney. Pretty much everybody I talked to on the cruise said Cozumel has really changed and they were in no hurry to ever come back and said Costa Mayo was worthless as a stop.

Food and service was excellent on the Fantasy as usual!!!!

The holiday decorations were fantastic ... understated but soooo beautiful!
Glad to read your review. We are on the Fantasy Western Caribbean March 30th. I hope that Castaway Cay will be warm enough by then! I have already been thinking of staying on the ship for Costa Maya since we will be in the vicinity for at the end of December. Might also stay on board in Cozumel.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 12-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #164
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The absolutely most relaxing place is at the quiet pool, but your son will probably want SAB. It is usually quiet by the sand pool area in SAB, where the little ones hang out.

We will be at the quiet pool in a few days!!!! We have a baby and this time it is just me, my Mom & baby so that's the place for us.

Last month we used the larger pool. We also had to older kids with us. They like the poolside games and all the action.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:46 AM   #165
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

I arrived at the BC yesterday The resort is stunning for the holidays and I have a beautiful garden view CL room.

Wide awake at 4 am due to the uk/us time difference lol

Thank you to everyone who contributes to this thread, although I don't post often I really appreciated all the info and even though its my first stay here its like I'm returning 'home'.

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: