Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #136
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amommy21 View Post
So this time I was hoping The Beach Clun being close to two parks would give is more of that California Grand feeling... The hotel is cute rooms are clean pool great... But nothing special.... Our housekeeping service is lacking. A d our fist night in it was a fiasco to eat dinner. Who knew eating at your resort would be such a pain... But that's another story that I won't get into.
I know you are on vacation and you don't want to have to deal with it, but if you can, call housekeeping and ask to speak with a manager. Tell them about your concerns. They need to know if something isn't up to snuff or there are shortcomings with the service. it's the best way to get it corrected for the rest of your trip. It sounds like somebody needs more training or they are not being enabled to do a good job.

Quote:
I am just beat.... And feel like every day is a marathon even though we didn't make rope drop.

Today we did
Epcot: (16 Attractions)
1. 10am: get FP to soaring; ride Mission: Space
2. Spaceship Earth
3. Sum of all thrlls
4. Photo pass family photo in front of the gold ball
5. Character pictures (mickey, Minnie)
6. Seas with Nemo and Friends
7. Soarin
8. The land
9. Friendship Boat to morocco
10. 2:30) Teppan Edo
11. 5pm: Candlelight Processional
12. Skipped 45 min Santa Line looked at some America stuff
13. China (watched circle movie)
14. Germany (no hummels!!!)
15. Norway (Maelstrom + movie)
16. Mexico (gran fiesta ride)
17. 8:30 Preferred Seating Illuminations

Would you consider this a big day, or a small day? Dh felt like we missed 1/2 the park... And we did.
HOLY COW that's a LOT! You did great I have never been to California's Disneyland so I can't compare but Epcot is a thing onto itself with all of the many things you can do. IMO Epcot is deceptively large and the walking to get from here to there takes a toll. Trust me, you did really well.

Quote:
But. When we arrived at our room there was a surprise set up for Glen and Sylvia ... We are not glen and Sylvia... But enjoyed their cheese and fruit platter after calling room service to inform them about the error and being told to enjoy the goodies...I hope they are having a wonderful anniversary!
This is just hysterical! If it were me, I'd put a note near the elevator thanking them for the cheese...

With all the touring you are doing it sounds like you are going to need that cheese. I hope you find your groove and feel more comfortable with the difference between California and Florida WDW. Thanks for the report and have a great trip!

~NM
Old 12-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #137
Amommy21
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2656310

Above is a link to a basic trip to California report if you are interested. These are basic lists and don't always include small special character sightings interactions. Treats, or atmosphere soaking sessions like catching a bit of a show or parade or something.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2553608

Oh wait this is more typical...

So you feel like that would be a satisfying day at Epcot staying at the beach club? We felt like there was no time to leave the park. It's really a two day thing to do it all.. So most people just skip lots of stuff at the front?

housekeeping - no toiletry refills, nothing terribly wrong... its just lacking for us. I guess We are just used to such excellent service at The Grand Californian. And they seem to bang up the room a lot.. each day we find trinkets of odd thinngs. like today a drawer pull from the little rolling table lnocked off and in the middle of the main walk way of the room. They did send balloons up to the room with a card for DH's 40th bday. Oh and there are no chocolate coins do they lot do a turn down service here? At the grand they leave cute character chocolate coins my son loves. I let him eat them up without asking... But he often saves them.

Oh and do they not have stationary?

Last edited by Amommy21; 12-02-2012 at 01:29 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 05:53 AM   #138
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So you feel like that would be a satisfying day at Epcot staying at the beach club? We felt like there was no time to leave the park. It's really a two day thing to do it all.. So most people just skip lots of stuff at the front?

housekeeping - no toiletry refills, nothing terribly wrong... its just lacking for us. I guess We are just used to such excellent service at The Grand Californian. And they seem to bang up the room a lot.. each day we find trinkets of odd thinngs. like today a drawer pull from the little rolling table lnocked off and in the middle of the main walk way of the room. They did send balloons up to the room with a card for DH's 40th bday. Oh and there are no chocolate coins do they lot do a turn down service here? At the grand they leave cute character chocolate coins my son loves. I let him eat them up without asking... But he often saves them.

Oh and do they not have stationary?
Wow, you really did have a full day at EPCOT!

This is my husband's and my favorite park, and we never spend as much time as we would like to there since there is so much to do! IMHO, 2 days is not too much to spend there, but we tend to do one rope-drop morning, and then visits here and there throughout the trip- after dinner, taking the monorail back from MK and hitting a few attractions, taking the Friendship boat from HS to EP to grab some lunch in the World Showcase. Staying at the Beach Club is what really makes these short visits to EP easy.

Do you have hoppers?

Trying to do it ALL, at EPCOT and in all of Disneyworld is simply impossible. We have been on 10 trips to the World, and we haven't seen or done everything we want to on any of those trips. I think that is one of the ways the mouse gets us to keep coming back!

Try not to stress about what you might be missing and enjoy what you are doing. You may not get a chance to do it all, but figure out what would make your family the most happy and concentrate on that.

As far as housekeeping goes- you definitely should reach out and have a chat with a manager. Turndown is automatic for guest on club level, but I believe it will be provided for any room free of charge upon request. Robyn, if you see this can you confirm???

You also should mention the issues you have been having, ask if they have the hair products that you prefer (they may not) and ask about the stationary- we had some in the desk during our trip in 2010. If not in the room, maybe they have some at the front desk.

I hope the rest of your stay is more magical than the beginning has been.

Dee
Old 12-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #139
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since we live in Seattle it is more once or twice in a lifetime for us. But we knew this 6 day trip would be like a marathon since the two end days were mostly travel.

But here's the thing - you can do it all in Disneyland. There are more attractions in DCA and Disneyland than all of WDW put together. You can park hop the best of in one day or do everything, with your favorites multiple times in 3 days without sweating it. We aren't total commando ... We change plans, even start out late sometimes but we average 18-24 attractions on an average day including special meals and characters. 5 days you can be lazy, go to the beach for an afternoon etc.

Our first trip to WDW we were here a week and DS was 2 1/2. We went swimming two days in the afternoon. We didn't baby swap because we were concentrating on his experience, but sid on major rides or ones we didn't have in Disneyland and were pretty overwhelmed as we just couldn't fit it all in.

So this time I was hoping The Beach Clun being close to two parks would give is more of that California Grand feeling... The hotel is cute rooms are clean pool great... But the beach club itself, nothing special. No special merchandise, crowded lobby... Our housekeeping service is lacking. And our fist night in it was a fiasco to eat dinner. Who knew eating at your resort would be such a pain... But that's another story that I won't get into.

We did upgrade our annual passes to premiere passes to both parks and were taking about coming back in February. But after today I am wondering if California, although we have been on extended stays twice this year would be more fun, relaxing and feel like a Vacation. I am just beat.... And feel like every day is a marathon even though we didn't make rope drop.

Today we did
Epcot: (16 Attractions)
1. 10am: get FP to soaring; ride Mission: Space
2. Spaceship Earth
3. Sum of all thrlls
4. Photo pass family photo in front of the gold ball
5. Character pictures (mickey, Minnie)
6. Seas with Nemo and Friends
7. Soarin
8. The land
9. Friendship Boat to morocco
10. 2:30) Teppan Edo
11. 5pm: Candlelight Processional
12. Skipped 45 min Santa Line looked at some America stuff
13. China (watched circle movie)
14. Germany (no hummels!!!)
15. Norway (Maelstrom + movie)
16. Mexico (gran fiesta ride)
17. 8:30 Preferred Seating Illuminations

Would you consider this a big day, or a small day? Dh felt like we missed 1/2 the park... And we did.

The day did end on a good note. When we arrived at our room there was a surprise set up for Glen and Sylvia ... We are not glen and Sylvia... But enjoyed their cheese and fruit platter after calling room service to inform them about the error and being told to enjoy the goodies...I hope they are having a wonderful anniversary!
You can't compare WDW to DL. After one day at DL, I want to come home. So cramped all together. It's very difficult for DL people to understand and get use to WDW. We always tell people it takes at least 2 days to do everything at Epcot leisurely. And to enjoy everything at all the other parks, at least a day each. And then if the weather is permitting you want to enjoy SAB and the water parks. Then there is Downtown Disney ... so much more to do and see than California's DD. Remember, you will walk about 10 miles every day at WDW. Everything is sooooo spread out. You don't get that congested feeling like you do at DL.

Please let a housekeeping manager know you wish to speak with them and tell them about the room issues ... things falling apart and no refill on shampoo and of course ask for turn down service if you want it. It is automatic when you book a club level room.

As far as eating at the Y&B, they have some of the most popular restaurants at WDW and therefore you need reservations. In fact, eating anywhere except quick service at WDW requires reservations unless you do not care about eating real early or real late. When I was in DL in October, I was so disappointed. They just don't have loads of nice sit down restaurants like they do at WDW. I wanted to make advance reservations at a nice restaurant for our party and the choices were horrible. Here there are at least 30 sit down restaurants to choose from.

Comparing DL to WDW is hard to do. They are very very very different!!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #140
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph H View Post
Hi, all!! We are here! I can't believe that we got in at 11am and managed to do TWO parks today! *thud* Considering I only got three hours sleep last night, you can imagine how exhausted I am. My boys, on the other hand, would still be at MK if I'd let them.

We checked in around 12:30 and our experience was wonderful. We were greeted at the entrance and whisked right up to the 5th floor, where Robin took great care of us. Our room is awesome!! I'm pretty positive we were upgraded, because I reserved Garden View, but we have a wonderful view of the lake and the Boardwalk across the way, and we can see parts of SAB, too. Love it!! Plus, we have a room with I believe is a daybed. this THRILLED my boys, who are ecstatic to not have to share a bed. I wish I could get pictures up, but my mind is mush right now. I'll try tomorrow.

The bottom line is we LOVE our room! It feels so nice and roomy...not cramped at all. The offerings for evening club level appetizers, etc. were delicious as well. Everything has just been top notch. We even had Pixie Dust when we went to Epcot at 2pm: as we were walking up to have our cards scanned at the International Gateway, a stranger walked up to me and said, "Excuse me. We have four fast passes for Soarin' with a return from 2-3pm. Would you like them?" Well golly, yes, thank you! We even had time for a quick snack in Mexico and then made it to the ride with 10 minutes to spare. It was the first time riding for any of us!

Ok, I'm done for the night, folks. I'll try to be more perky tomorrow, with pictures. We just got back to room so I'm going to hit the sack. It amazes me how coming back to the YC from MK tonight really did feel like "coming home."
Steph! So glad to hear your first day was spectacular and that you love your room! Yeah for riding Soarin' on that first visit to EP! Bonus.

Look forward to hearing more if you have time to post. If not, then when you get back.

Here is some photographic evidence of the Soarin' ride. StephH and family will be hosting Flat Ben for the next week:

Last edited by natebenma; 12-02-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #141
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
we get back 12/4!
I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list for early December, but it is never too late to add someone and say

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Thanks for that pic, NinjaMom!! You just helped me decide . . . Beach Club in May it is!!
I spend a lot of pool time with DGrD

Onto the Guest List you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Pressure....DH tells me today "I have been watching lots of YouTube videos of the rooms and pool at Beach Club....do what you have to do to get us there."

I think this is a mission I can handle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreia View Post
Hello!
Only one month left now!
12/30 to 01/02 PORFQ
01/02 to 01/06 BCR-CL
01/06 to 01/10 DCL Dream
01/10 to 01/13 CSR-BR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...7#post46438037

That sounds like a fantastic line-up for your trip!!! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for January.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:31 AM   #142
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Bump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasec2 View Post
I got selected for fast pass plus! Ok, what does this mean???

Have you gotten any more details? Sounds like the thing Feckless did in the spring- you tell them which FP you want for a certain park and then Disney schedules a time?

Does that sound like what you have?

Curious for details!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #143
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

What is fast pass plus? It is something new? I've never heard of it before.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 12-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #144
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique4 View Post
Are there any updates on when Hurricane Hanna's will be open? Is it still set for the 18th of December?
Teena- are you working today???

Can you see if there is any scuttlebut about the opening of HH???

Thx!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #145
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Teena- are you working today???

Can you see if there is any scuttlebut about the opening of HH???

Thx!
Heading in in about ten minutes. Before I left for the cruise, it was on schedule to open whenever that date was in December. I'll check today.

This week I'm working Sunday, Monday and Saturday. Our week starts on Sunday. On Wednesday I get the next week's schedule.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #146
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Hi, Teena!! *waving*. We hope to see you today! You work til 5, right? But if we don't make it back to BC in time, I'm glad to know you'll be there tomorrow, too. Hope we can catch you today, though...I can't wait to finally meet you!!

We're on the bus to MK! It pulled up right as we got to the stop. Actually, at first we saw another bus that I misread as Magic Kingdom, and it was just about to leave, so I made the family RUN to it...only to discover it said ANIMAL Kingdom. Thank goodness Our bus pulled up right behind it to save me from the grumbling.

Talk to you all later!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 12-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #147
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph H View Post
Hi, Teena!! *waving*. We hope to see you today! You work til 5, right? But if we don't make it back to BC in time, I'm glad to know you'll be there tomorrow, too. Hope we can catch you today, though...I can't wait to finally meet you!!

We're on the bus to MK! It pulled up right as we got to the stop. Actually, at first we saw another bus that I misread as Magic Kingdom, and it was just about to leave, so I made the family RUN to it...only to discover it said ANIMAL Kingdom. Thank goodness Our bus pulled up right behind it to save me from the grumbling.

Talk to you all later!
I'm there until 5:45. See you soon.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #148
Amommy21
DIS Veteran

Yes we have a premiere annual pass to both parks so we can park hop. We just don't because we think transportation takes too much out of it in general... But will as park of plans the next two days as things close early and such.

See I don't find Disneyland crowded. We always go off season and I find it so much more charming. And when you stay on property it's so nice because you are just there and can do anything you like without planning. We always have one nice meal each day on DL. Story tellers, blue bayou and of course don't miss Napa Rose and the new Carthage Circle or whatever it's called is Awesome! and you don't really habe to plan too much ahead if you are flexible. Napa Rose can fill up. The other meals we snack or stop at the plaza or mexican place something. You c an always just walk into all counter service no problem. That's where a lot of people eat. Oh and some families bring picnics.

Well I so glad to hear we didn't just do everything wrong at Epcot and that does seem like a successful day. I should think of popping into Epcot like popping into Down town Disney at Disneyland.

Sorry for typos I am on my iPhone. Thank you for all your replies.

Last edited by Amommy21; 12-02-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #149
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
Hello everyone I have been a lurker for some time now. We r planning our next trip to wdw. The only thing we can decide on is the BC lol! Originally we were planning on MNSSH in sept but then I found a travel agency with a unbelievable deal for the last week in August. I just don't know what to do now. Ahhhhh! Ok finally my questions. Info first our family room 1-me, DH 2kids (2&7) at the time of travel. Room2 mom& 82 grandmother.
I read on another thread that the standard view rooms, views are horrible. I know standard is a standard view. I am just happy to be at the BC. My concern is I want a full balcony. If we book standard view can we possible get a full balcony? Question#2 time difference...... I'm concerned about the August heat. Aug 25-sept1 we are traveling with 2 kids(2&7) and my 82 yr young grandmother. If we travel that week I save $500 on each room. If we travel in September 15-26 , would it really be any cooler? I am soooo torn on what to do. Our whole trip was centered around MNSSH but a $500 saving per room is making me wonder. MNSSH who? Should I take the August deal? What would u do? Question #3- if we stay in August the deal does not include DDP we would pay OOP. We do have the option of CL with the deal. It would cost the same price as if we traveled in sept on disney prices. Without having the DDP which we r accustom to having because with the kids we have to sit down for a TS meal everyday is having the option of CL worth it. My husband & kids are use to having 3 meals lol at home.
My mom and I have been going back and forth with these questions for over a month. We keep changing our minds. Maybe some other opinions would help. BC is my dream resort, I can't wait!!!

Here are my random thoughts-

Standard view- I don't hate it! We looked out over the parking lot at the BC and at the BCV buildings. Didn't bother me in the least. But that is a personal choice.

Definitely make "Full balcony, please" as your first (or only) request. Do not do online checkin. Ask at the checkin desk whether your room(s) have full balconies and if not, ask if there are some available for your stay.

August vs. September Crowds. Traditionally, the crowds have not been too busy during that last week in August, but I think Disney is quieter still in mid-Sept since most kids have just started in school.

Weather- could be pretty similar, hard to know. But if wait times are less for everything, you will not be impacted by the heat as much.

CL/Dining Plan- LOVE this combo!!! For my family, a quick but filling breakfast in the club lounge, followed by an early lunch (around 11) at a QS place in the parks and a TS dinner somewhere is the perfect line up. The evening appetizers and drinks during the day are a bonus. I wouldn't combine CL with the Deluxe plan, though.

MNSSHP- never done it but it is high up on my bucket list.

Let us know what you decide, and I will add you to the Be Our Guest list for August or September

Old 12-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #150
natebenma
DIS Veteran

A recent guest, spacy9, took a bunch of pictures of the renovated Ship Shape Health Club. I have posted them to the front page, Post 6- Ameneties.

I think I will resize them to match up with the others in that thread, but for now they are BIG and beautiful!!!

Post 6

Thanks, again, spacy9!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: