Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #361
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys

THanks for the link, don't know how I missed that thread.

I hope they have a good supply of DDD stuff! I really want a cheapie (~$25) tshirt. I won't get to the expo until that Friday late afternoon/early evening.
Do they have anything RunDisney that costs ~$25?!?
Totally stupid question, does C2C just have a medal? I am guessing I have to buy a shirt if I want one since I didn't pay for anything extra, just checked the boxes on the registration.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Bephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #362
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bephus View Post
Do they have anything RunDisney that costs ~$25?!?
Totally stupid question, does C2C just have a medal? I am guessing I have to buy a shirt if I want one since I didn't pay for anything extra, just checked the boxes on the registration.
C2C gets you the medal, but no shirt. They usually have merchandise for sale with a C2C logo.
As for the $25 items...I got a basic tee (nice enough but not tech) at the WDW marathon last month for $24. And DH got himself the Mickey runner Vinylmation complete with medals. Our Vinylmation went Goofy.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #363
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
C2C gets you the medal, but no shirt. They usually have merchandise for sale with a C2C logo.
As for the $25 items...I got a basic tee (nice enough but not tech) at the WDW marathon last month for $24. And DH got himself the Mickey runner Vinylmation complete with medals. Our Vinylmation went Goofy.
Was this the vinyl where you buy the separate medals? I saw pictures and it looked cute.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #364
Haas4Concern
Mouseketeer

Just booked my flight with southwest. Race fees and airfare down. Hotel, food, and park admission to go. This looks like it will be my most expensive race yet.

2007 WDW 1/2 Marathon, 2012 WDW Marathon Relay, 2012 Inaugural Canton 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Ohio 2 Warrior Dash, 2012 Air Force Half Marathon, 2012 Wine & Dine, 2013 Goofy Challenge,Dumbo Double Dare 2013,Dopey Challenge 2014
Haas4Concern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #365
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haas4Concern View Post
Just booked my flight with southwest. Race fees and airfare down. Hotel, food, and park admission to go. This looks like it will be my most expensive race yet.
WORD. I'm taking the whole family this time- so it's BY FAR my most expensive race! But I booked with SW RR points yesterday for most of us. That helped.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #366
pxefig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
LOL! Yup! I just signed up for a local half marathon for Memorial Day. The cost after fees and taxes? $30! I just paid nearly 10 times that much for Dumbo!
I guess the only crazy thing is that my thought about DDD is "totally worth it!"
pxefig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #367
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
I hope they have a good supply of DDD stuff! I really want a cheapie (~$25) tshirt. I won't get to the expo until that Friday late afternoon/early evening.
I hope so too! I'm hoping for more C2C stuff too ~ saw some cute stuff at the expo during WDW but didn't want to jinx it, and then I got to Tink and it was 1 design on a male/female shirt and a sweatshirt.

Question for everyone doing the DDD ~ are you doing a 12 or 16 week program? Casually started looking at some different programs and haven't decided if I just want to stick to my normal 12 week one I use and just go longer on a few Sat runs or bump up to a 16 week. That just sounds like a long time to me for a 1/2. I haven't had any problems in the past w/ the 5k Sat and the 1/2 on Sun so I don't think the extra 3 will be that big of a deal, just want to change it up a bit this time.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #368
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339

I hope so too! I'm hoping for more C2C stuff too ~ saw some cute stuff at the expo during WDW but didn't want to jinx it, and then I got to Tink and it was 1 design on a male/female shirt and a sweatshirt.

Question for everyone doing the DDD ~ are you doing a 12 or 16 week program? Casually started looking at some different programs and haven't decided if I just want to stick to my normal 12 week one I use and just go longer on a few Sat runs or bump up to a 16 week. That just sounds like a long time to me for a 1/2. I haven't had any problems in the past w/ the 5k Sat and the 1/2 on Sun so I don't think the extra 3 will be that big of a deal, just want to change it up a bit this time.
Since it is in the middle of the summer I will just do everything I can to maintain my milage for this one, lol. There will be no PR's!! I often run B2B races so I am not too concerned about the milage (actually running a race that is 10k, 1/2, and 5K in 24 hours this spring) so I am going for the fun and the bling!! I will say it will feel so nice to run in much cooler temps and significantly less humidity. I will leave FL with temps in the high 90's and humidity around 99%!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Bephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #369
Princess Steph
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I did not realize SW opened up the flights....thanks for posting. I still got a good flight into LAX!
Princess Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #370
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I often run B2B races so I am not too concerned about the milage (actually running a race that is 10k, 1/2, and 5K in 24 hours this spring) so I am going for the fun and the bling!! I will say it will feel so nice to run in much cooler temps and significantly less humidity. I will leave FL with temps in the high 90's and humidity around 99%!
That one sounds like fun! Like you, the Disney 5k/½'s has never given me any problems. Guess I'll just stick to my regular plan. (My weather's a little better than the 90s) I think it's more that I need new routes to run than training plan. After 6 years of the same routes, I'm getting tired of them.

Just booked my flight down Fri. morning for the weekend! LAX and SNA are the same price for me, so went w/ SNA. It was a little expensive~ ended up costing $2.50. Gotta love those RR points! Now I just have to wait until the end of Apr and my other points to add back up to get my flight home Sun. night.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #371
Dagny
Went to the original, and now knows what the REAL castle looks like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Steph View Post
I did not realize SW opened up the flights....thanks for posting. I still got a good flight into LAX!
Yes, thank you! Going to look at flights now....

WDW Half Marathon October 2011
WDW Marathon Relay January 2012
Tinker Bell Half Marathon January 2012
Princess Half Marathon February 2012
Dallas Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon March 2012
Expedition Everest May 2012
Wounded Warrior Half Marathon June 2012
Disneyland Half Marathon August 2012
TOT 10 Miler September 2012
Wine and Dine Half Marathon November 2012
WDW Half Marathon January 2013
WDW Marathon DNF January 2013
Dumbo Double Dare September 2013
Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon 2013
Glass Slipper Challenge February 2014
Dagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #372
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

I'm jealous of all of you getting cheap flights!!! Right now I'm looking at about $380 round trip. I would love to get it under $300, but I'm not counting on it.

Quote:
Do they have anything RunDisney that costs ~$25?!? ...
Hard to believe, right?! Lol As Nicole said, they sell tshirts that are not tech, just regular, casual tshirts, for that price. I got an "I did it" Goofy one last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
... Question for everyone doing the DDD ~ are you doing a 12 or 16 week program? Casually started looking at some different programs and haven't decided if I just want to stick to my normal 12 week one I use and just go longer on a few Sat runs or bump up to a 16 week. That just sounds like a long time to me for a 1/2. I haven't had any problems in the past w/ the 5k Sat and the 1/2 on Sun so I don't think the extra 3 will be that big of a deal, just want to change it up a bit this time.
I don't use any official training plans, but I have a 10K in mid-May and then sometime after that I'll consider myself in "official" training for Dumbo.
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #373
disney_runner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm jealous of all of you getting cheap flights!!! Right now I'm looking at about $380 round trip. I would love to get it under $300, but I'm not counting on it.
I bought SW on Monday as soon as it came out. It was $311. Then yesterday, the price dropped $50! So I got the credit. And then applied it, with other credits, to my return fare in April (my mother-daughter trip). So at least I saved somewhere. (up till yesterday, I had flights to MCO, but not back yet! I joked that I wasn't returning!)

But I know what you mean - California is always an expensive trip. And it's hard to decide if you should purchase right away for fear of planes filling up, or hold out in case the price drops. Either way, good luck. I hope it works out for ya!

Medals received: 2008 WDW Half ~ 2010 Princess Half + 2010 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 2011 WDW Full ~ 2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 2013 Goofy Challenge ~ 2013 Dumbo Double Dare + C2C

Medals pending: 2014 ToT 10 miler, 2015 Dopey Challenge, 2017 January Half w/daughter, 2018 Glass Slipper Challenge, 2018 Tinkerbell Half, Avengers Half??
disney_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #374
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
And I'm jealous of you being able to get $380! LOL! Right now, flights from Charlotte to LAX are between $500-600
niclodn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #375
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niclodn View Post
And I'm jealous of you being able to get $380! LOL! Right now, flights from Charlotte to LAX are between $500-600
The $380 is from CLT to LAX! I live near Charlotte. It's with United.
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: