Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Biggest Loser alumni holiday chat! (All are welcome!)

Welcome everyone to our "between the challenges" holiday chat thread! I know our official thread was getting pretty quiet near the end, but I also know that several of us still wanted a place to chat for now.

What will we talk about? Anything we want! Of course, our primary goal will be to talk about weight loss/maintenance, exercise, and healthy eating. But with the holiday coming up, I'm sure that we will also be talking about gifts and such.

I expect that this will mostly be BL alum here, but EVERYONE is welcome!

Let the chatter begin! ..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Hey Pamela!!! I have missed you and so many other BL friends!! I'd love to join the alumni chat, and let me say, I don't think I need to talk about all I've been eating over the Thanksgiving weekend. lol

Hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving!!

I've not been doing great with the weight loss, and have gained quite a bit actually. I just looked back over my numbers, and am up 8 pounds from my january starting weight, though I had gone down in the spring challenge, 9 pounds, sooooo I've put on almost 20 pounds. I am pulling it back together, and have been making some positive changes, and determined to get losing again, and definitely not go any higher. My scrub pants will not allow that, and I will NOT buy a bigger size.

I know when I've done ww in the past, I always said the holidays were a success if I didn't gain any weight over those 5 weeks, and I'd like to lose a few pounds, but honestly will feel successful if I do not gain.

I'm looking forward to getting back involved with Wish again, and reconnecting with you all and hearing how you are all doing. I've missed it here.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 AM   #3
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Hi Pamela! I am going to try to be here a bit more. As long as no one complains that this thread moves to fast. haha. Just kidding. Couldn't resist.

I am up a few pounds. About 13 from my lowest--but that was when I was sick. I don't think I will ever get that low again, but I would like to take off 5-7 and have challenged myself to 5 pounds before the end of the year. When I started there were 6 Fridays left, now 5. So we'll see.

Mostly I need to eat a bit healthier. I am starting to get more headaches, acid stomach, etc. You know all that stuff that happens when you are eating garbage. Yesterday I had a horrendous migraine which was a huge wakeup call for me.

No reason to wait for January 1st to start.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #4
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Hi - thanks for starting up the chat! I'm ready to come down from some indulging this past weekend. Despite running a lot over the holiday, I'm definitely feeling all that food...

I'll be heading to SF this weekend for a surprise visit to my sister (and a holiday party Saturday night) and then on to the Fantasy December 8-15 with a night at POR on the 7th. I don't think this bodes well for heading into the holidays in a good food place, but I have the WDW half marathon in January to keep me honest, right?

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #5
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Welcome everyone to our "between the challenges" holiday chat thread! I know our official thread was getting pretty quiet near the end, but I also know that several of us still wanted a place to chat for now.
Thank you, Pamela, for hostessing the holiday thread!

It was pretty quiet on the challenge thread there at the end but this is a little more relaxed format and I see we've already enticed some folks out of lurkdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
I'm looking forward to getting back involved with Wish again, and reconnecting with you all and hearing how you are all doing. I've missed it here.
We've missed you, too! Nice to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Hi Pamela! I am going to try to be here a bit more. As long as no one complains that this thread moves to fast. haha. Just kidding. Couldn't resist.
LOL! No worries about that they way things have been moving lately. Nice to see you, too, Rose!

We're going to have to see if we can find the rest of our Princesses and Belles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Hi - thanks for starting up the chat! I'm ready to come down from some indulging this past weekend. Despite running a lot over the holiday, I'm definitely feeling all that food...

I'll be heading to SF this weekend for a surprise visit to my sister (and a holiday party Saturday night) and then on to the Fantasy December 8-15 with a night at POR on the 7th. I don't think this bodes well for heading into the holidays in a good food place, but I have the WDW half marathon in January to keep me honest, right?
Nice to see you, too, Liz! How fun to be cruising next month! That is a great way to get yourself ready for my favorite part of training . . . taper! Have you cruised before? I would love to go to Castaway Cay some day.

Happy Monday everyone!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Hey Pamela!!! I have missed you and so many other BL friends!! I'd love to join the alumni chat, and let me say, I don't think I need to talk about all I've been eating over the Thanksgiving weekend. lol

Hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving!!

I've not been doing great with the weight loss, and have gained quite a bit actually. I just looked back over my numbers, and am up 8 pounds from my january starting weight, though I had gone down in the spring challenge, 9 pounds, sooooo I've put on almost 20 pounds. I am pulling it back together, and have been making some positive changes, and determined to get losing again, and definitely not go any higher. My scrub pants will not allow that, and I will NOT buy a bigger size.

I know when I've done ww in the past, I always said the holidays were a success if I didn't gain any weight over those 5 weeks, and I'd like to lose a few pounds, but honestly will feel successful if I do not gain.

I've missed you too! Good for you for getting back on track before the holiday season. You will feel so much better by NYE with a maintaining holiday season behind you.

Hope the rest of your household is happy and healthy. I look forward to chatting with you this holiday season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post

I am up a few pounds. About 13 from my lowest--but that was when I was sick. I don't think I will ever get that low again, but I would like to take off 5-7 and have challenged myself to 5 pounds before the end of the year. When I started there were 6 Fridays left, now 5. So we'll see.

Mostly I need to eat a bit healthier. I am starting to get more headaches, acid stomach, etc. You know all that stuff that happens when you are eating garbage. Yesterday I had a horrendous migraine which was a huge wakeup call for me.

No reason to wait for January 1st to start.
Yeah! Another friend I've been missing! So glad you are here with us. Sorry you had such a headache. Hope you are better today. Did DS come home for T.giving?

I was planning a maintain through the holidays, but after this weekend I realize that will be more of a challenge than I planned! Glad we'll be here to help each other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

XO
Liz
Wow! Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear about it all! But you are right...that marathon on the horizon should help keep you in check.

Happy Monday friends! So VERY, VERY happy to see two old friends and a newer friend here with me. It truly warms my heart and makes me smile!

Rose is right...we have just 5 Fridays (i.e. 5 weigh-ins) left this year! Yikes! But we can definitely finish the year feeling good and positive and in control of our eating!

QOTD just for fun: What is your favorite holiday decorating color scheme? Do you go traditional red and green, sparkly silver, or some totally non-traditional?

BBL to chat some more!...........P

ETA: Lisa! Another friend is here! So glad to see you!

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

I'm here!!!
I need to get my butt back in gear so bad. Pretty much gained the 12 I lost since the beginning of the year.

So, what do we have planned for now through the end of the year? Anyone going away? We are having a Staycation! My goal is to paint the kitchen.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
glss1/2fll
DIS Veteran

Hopped on the scale Saturday morning and it was soooo not a good thing! Busted out my water jug to make sure I am drinking my 64 ounces and now just have to leave those dreaded Costco chocolate covered almonds alone! Drat that hubby for always having them around the house.

Sorry about the headache and tummy problems, Rose. I feel your pain. I keep saying to myself, "I thought you weren't going to feel so stuffed all the time anymore!" Want that yucky bloated feeling to be a thing of the past! Plus my holiday overeating brought back the acid reflux problems and waking up in the middle of the night is not fun.

Gotta leave for work in 10 minutes and I'm not dressed so better hustle.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #9
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Hi ladies... Hope eveyone is well.. I'll be popping in from time to time to see what's shaking.. I did get on the scale Saturday am and still about 5 down from my starting weight so that is ok with me.. hope to just maintain thru the holidays .. I do lots of baking myself and it's hard to not to eat what I make.. but I'm working on it.. Have a great week I'm only working till Wed then on vacation with my hubs for a few days to celebrate our 4 yr anniversary ..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I'm here!!!
I need to get my butt back in gear so bad. Pretty much gained the 12 I lost since the beginning of the year.

So, what do we have planned for now through the end of the year? Anyone going away? We are having a Staycation! My goal is to paint the kitchen.
Another old friend is here! I am so excited!
Sorry that you've been struggling with the weight, but I also know life has been crazy for you! Hope things calm down over the holidays.

The remainder of my year will be holiday shopping, swim meets, visiting my Dad after his surgery, work, and the usual crazy amount of driving. Already looking forward to holiday break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glss1/2fll View Post
Hopped on the scale Saturday morning and it was soooo not a good thing! Busted out my water jug to make sure I am drinking my 64 ounces and now just have to leave those dreaded Costco chocolate covered almonds alone! Drat that hubby for always having them around the house.

Sorry about the headache and tummy problems, Rose. I feel your pain. I keep saying to myself, "I thought you weren't going to feel so stuffed all the time anymore!" Want that yucky bloated feeling to be a thing of the past! Plus my holiday overeating brought back the acid reflux problems and waking up in the middle of the night is not fun.

Gotta leave for work in 10 minutes and I'm not dressed so better hustle.
Get that chocolate out of the house! I have cookie dough in the fridge right now, thanks to my Mom and I will need to work hard to resist until it is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Hi ladies... Hope eveyone is well.. I'll be popping in from time to time to see what's shaking.. I did get on the scale Saturday am and still about 5 down from my starting weight so that is ok with me.. hope to just maintain thru the holidays .. I do lots of baking myself and it's hard to not to eat what I make.. but I'm working on it.. Have a great week I'm only working till Wed then on vacation with my hubs for a few days to celebrate our 4 yr anniversary ..
Enjoy your vacation and happy anniversary!

I left my exercise clothes on from this morning's run/walk in an effort to make sure I get another short walk tonight. I'm not a heavy sweat-er so that isn't a big deal and I washed my face. I'll hit the sidewalk or the TM at the Y at this afternoon's swim practice. Then I'll do some cross-stitch (while I wait for DD) in an effort to finish a project for Christmas.

Time to check on the vegetable soup I have cooking for tonight!..........P

Old 11-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

I'm back and will try to check in as often as I can but I have a great deal to do before Christmas comes around.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #12
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Happy belated birthday to Buffy (November 24th).

I hope you had a great day!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #13
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Hi everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Nice to see you, too, Liz! How fun to be cruising next month! That is a great way to get yourself ready for my favorite part of training . . . taper! Have you cruised before? I would love to go to Castaway Cay some day.
This is our second Disney cruise, but we were only on our first for two nights (DH for one night) - DH was airlifted off our cruise in June due to a medical emergency & we had to leave the cruise very early on. It was pretty lousy (although Disney was great), and this is our do-over vacation wherein DH (a type 1 diabetic) promises to have no hypoglycemic seizures. I almost keep forgetting that we're about to go on vacation!

Couldn't quite control the sweet tooth today - I did fine at a work-provided lunch until I hit the Corner Bakery cookie basket. Two giant cookies later, I am experiencing a bit of regret...

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #14
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls
Hi everyone!

This is our second Disney cruise, but we were only on our first for two nights (DH for one night) - DH was airlifted off our cruise in June due to a medical emergency & we had to leave the cruise very early on. It was pretty lousy (although Disney was great), and this is our do-over vacation wherein DH (a type 1 diabetic) promises to have no hypoglycemic seizures. I almost keep forgetting that we're about to go on vacation!

Couldn't quite control the sweet tooth today - I did fine at a work-provided lunch until I hit the Corner Bakery cookie basket. Two giant cookies later, I am experiencing a bit of regret...

XO
Liz
Oh Liz I remember that scary time you had now. Best wishes for smooth sailing and tons of fun this time around!

It's hard to say no to temptation at those long work meetings.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #15
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Liz-- I hope this is a much better cruise for you!

I did ok yesterday with the eating. Better than I have in awhile. I am hoping to see a loss this week.

The biggest problem right now is my lack of motivation for marathon training. The good news--I got up and got a good 66 minute workout in. Mentally one of the toughest things for me has been that the longer the distances means slower speeds for me--which is translating to all my runs being a little slower. When I realized this morning that I was still running significantly above my projected race pace for the full, I felt better about it, even if it isn't as fast as I would like to go. I just want to finish uninjured!

Have a great Tuesday. Just being here is motivating me to make some good choices.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: