Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #31
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momhmmx2 View Post
I submitted my time at the expo for W&D and it was super easy!
Good to know. My official results are not even online yet. Plus I have another 10K in January and I am hoping I can improve my time a little since the course this past Saturday was all hills. I am hopping the one in January will be flat.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #32
JCH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda

First, I totally agree. I think no time submitted at all is likely to mean a last corral placement . So I would think any submission is better than nothing.

Second, I will have to check that calculator out! Thanks!
I submitted no time and was in E. The only reason no time would mean last corral is if you put a time under 2:45. I don't recall anyone with a time of 2:45-3:00 being in the last corral, proof of time or no. However, it can't hurt to bring it with.

Completed Races: Halloween 5k 2011 Family Fiesta 5k 2012 Princess HM 2012/3 ToT 10 Miler 2012/3 WDW Half 2013 Dumbo Double Dare 2013!
WDW 10k/Enchanted 10K 2014
JCH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #33
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Bump
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #34
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

I still have to make some ADRs. Anyone traveling solo want to eat together? I'm open to anywhere. I have an ADR for 2 at Via napoli the night before the race if anyone wants to join me.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 12-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #35
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears

Running Alone

Hello!

I will be running my first Princess Marathon in February. I am a military spouse living overseas and will be running alone. I am a wife, mother of two, and a teacher!

I want to run the race at a 12 min or less pace. My goal is to finish in 2 hours 45 minutes or less.

My mom and sister may come down but as of right now I am traveling alone and for sure running alone.

As of right now I am staying at Saratoga. If anyone would like to meet up before the race too, that would be awesome!

Any groups or anyone out there who needs a partner?

Thanks

Last edited by Jlinrota; 12-30-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Jlinrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #36
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG
I still have to make some ADRs. Anyone traveling solo want to eat together? I'm open to anywhere. I have an ADR for 2 at Via napoli the night before the race if anyone wants to join me.
Hello! What is an ADR? I would love to meet up to eat. Also, would anyone want to meet at the expo?
Old 01-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #37
amykay9377
Prepare to be amazed beyond all expectations. After all it is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota View Post
Hello! What is an ADR? I would love to meet up to eat. Also, would anyone want to meet at the expo?
An ADR stands for Advanced Dining Reservation, and is sort of like a reservation for a Table Service Restaurant. It guarantees you the next available table at a restaurant at a specified time. So if you have an ADR at Ohana for 7:30, the first available table (even if that table is not available until 7:45) is yours. It's a cross between a reservation and a call-ahead type thing.

At many of the extremely popular restaurants (Cinderella's Royal Table, LeCellier, Crystal Palace), no ADR = no meal for you! If you are not so picky with where you want to eat, however, there will be plenty of places that can seat you on a walk-up basis, or at least give same-day ADRs.

Check out my blog!
(I may need to change the name soon...)

amykay9377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #38
Danhockey04
Mouseketeer

I'm technically not a princess, but one in heart for the race, and I will be running solo. I live in the area, going with the fiancee, she doesn't run, so I am doing it alone, dressed as Rapunzel on top of it.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #39
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Posted to the wrong thread....

Last edited by annmarieda; 01-01-2013 at 03:29 PM.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #40
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykay9377

An ADR stands for Advanced Dining Reservation, and is sort of like a reservation for a Table Service Restaurant. It guarantees you the next available table at a restaurant at a specified time. So if you have an ADR at Ohana for 7:30, the first available table (even if that table is not available until 7:45) is yours. It's a cross between a reservation and a call-ahead type thing.

At many of the extremely popular restaurants (Cinderella's Royal Table, LeCellier, Crystal Palace), no ADR = no meal for you! If you are not so picky with where you want to eat, however, there will be plenty of places that can seat you on a walk-up basis, or at least give same-day ADRs.
Thank you for the clarification. Still a lot I need to learn Thanks!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #41
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danhockey04 View Post
I'm technically not a princess, but one in heart for the race, and I will be running solo. I live in the area, going with the fiancee, she doesn't run, so I am doing it alone, dressed as Rapunzel on top of it.
We will love you just the same! That's awesome that you are dressing as Rapunzel. I'm going as her too. Still have to get a costume together. I am also doing the WDW Marathon and since it is right around the corner I have been a little focused on that. It's my first marathon so I am getting a little jittery.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #42
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danhockey04
Awesome! There was a dude who ran dressed as rapunzel complete with a wig who finished with me! He was in all my photos! Good luck!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #43
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota View Post
Hello!

I will be running my first Princess Marathon in February. I am a military spouse living overseas and will be running alone. I am a wife, mother of two, and a teacher!

I want to run the race at a 12 min or less pace. My goal is to finish in 2 hours 45 minutes or less.

My mom and sister may come down but as of right now I am traveling alone and for sure running alone.

As of right now I am staying at Saratoga. If anyone would like to meet up before the race too, that would be awesome!

Any groups or anyone out there who needs a partner?

Thanks
I am running and traveling solo. I run at about a 12 min or less pace too. I do plan to stop for pictures, but would love some company if you want to run together or meet up somewhere along the way. I'm staying at Boardwalk. Saratoga is where we usually stay. Love it there.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #44
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG

I am running and traveling solo. I run at about a 12 min or less pace too. I do plan to stop for pictures, but would love some company if you want to run together or meet up somewhere along the way. I'm staying at Boardwalk. Saratoga is where we usually stay. Love it there.
Hello!

Yes, that would be great. I would love to stop for photos too. That sounds like fun. I would love to run together! Please no pressure though. I am very easy going and if you need to go a little faster or slower, I understand. We do not have to be obligated to run the entire race together But, if that is how it turns out I would not mind at all.

I think that I am at the 2:45 min corral. This is all new to me. If you send me a private message I will give you my contact info. Currently I am in Spain and will be moving back to the States at the end of the month.

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #45
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota

Hello!

Yes, that would be great. I would love to stop for photos too. That sounds like fun. I would love to run together! Please no pressure though. I am very easy going and if you need to go a little faster or slower, I understand. We do not have to be obligated to run the entire race together But, if that is how it turns out I would not mind at all.

I think that I am at the 2:45 min corral. This is all new to me. If you send me a private message I will give you my contact info. Currently I am in Spain and will be moving back to the States at the end of the month.

Thanks.
Can't wait for this race!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: