Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #16
SoBelle874
Earning My Ears

Might be traveling alone but I am DEF running alone. My best friend said she may come to Disney with me but if not I was wondering if any solo runners are looking for a roomie? I will be carb loading Saturday night at Trail's End(by recommendation of the amazing Mike Scopa) and planning to have a celebratory dinner at Garden Grill..the more the merrier! Feel free to add me on facebook @Adrienne Colon
SoBelle874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
olliffm1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00
I'm not going solo, my friend is going with me but when I signed up, I thought I was doing this solo. so I got the race retreat, my friend did not sign up before it was sold out. So I will be at the race retreat alone and who knows if I'll find her or if we'll be in the same corral. I'm staying at Pop if anyone is there and wants to meet up to head to the race retreat together, I'd be up for that!

Also, we have reservations at Via Napoli at 7 so maybe we'll see some of you!
I am a solo Pop race retreat princess. I would love to head to the race retreat with someone
olliffm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #18
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I have to say that the idea of meeting up with others to hang out in the corrals..or pre race anyway has me much more at ease. I had originally signed up to not go solo.... so the idea of waiting for the race to start all by myself had me a bit sad to say the least.

When do you think we will have an idea of our corral placements?
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #19
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliffm1 View Post
I am a solo Pop race retreat princess. I would love to head to the race retreat with someone
Maybe we could plan to meet at a certain time and head into the race retreat together. I know that sissy_ib is also a solo race retreater so the three of us could probably meet up! Are you still planning to stay at Pop? If you are we could probably just meet in the lobby or something. This is my first run at Disney (and first half marathon) so it would be nice to navigate the race retreat and corrals with someone else as my friend will be separated from me.
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #20
rani8600
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I have to say that the idea of meeting up with others to hang out in the corrals..or pre race anyway has me much more at ease. I had originally signed up to not go solo.... so the idea of waiting for the race to start all by myself had me a bit sad to say the least.

When do you think we will have an idea of our corral placements?
Im in the same boat. Im worried about those hours pre-race. Im going down with my mom (she's up for any excuse to go to disney ), but running by myself.

Im hoping to learn something about corral placements as well. I submitted a 10k time to disney and received an acknowlegdement, but i have no idea where its going to put me or if it is even going to move me up at all.

A Fall Trip full of firsts, MNSSHP and Food and Wine Oct 2011
13.1 Royal Miles-2013 Princess Half Marathon

VeganRamblings my blog - includes additional trip reports
rani8600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #21
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rani8600 View Post
Im in the same boat. Im worried about those hours pre-race. Im going down with my mom (she's up for any excuse to go to disney ), but running by myself.

Im hoping to learn something about corral placements as well. I submitted a 10k time to disney and received an acknowlegdement, but i have no idea where its going to put me or if it is even going to move me up at all.
What was your time? I just did a 10K Saturday and came in right at 1:20. I looked at a race predictor and it said I should be able to train for a 2:53 half. Since I estimated 2:45 when I registered I am not going to submit it to Run Disney. If I am put in a later coral I will bring the time with me to the expo and get moved. From what I have read we will get our bib numbers and corral placement about three weeks out.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend, besides running of course!! Anyone planning a post race celebration? I have been wanting to do the Wishes dessert party but my husband doe not have a sweet tooth at all so I haven't done it yet. I am thinking that will be the perfect way to end my trip!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #22
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
What was your time? I just did a 10K Saturday and came in right at 1:20. I looked at a race predictor and it said I should be able to train for a 2:53 half. Since I estimated 2:45 when I registered I am not going to submit it to Run Disney. If I am put in a later coral I will bring the time with me to the expo and get moved. From what I have read we will get our bib numbers and corral placement about three weeks out.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend, besides running of course!! Anyone planning a post race celebration? I have been wanting to do the Wishes dessert party but my husband doe not have a sweet tooth at all so I haven't done it yet. I am thinking that will be the perfect way to end my trip!
What race predictor did you use? Is that time better or worse than what you submitted when you registered? I know it wasn't a half, but I had a similar time for a 10k I submitted for the ToT race. I was originally in the last corral, but the 10k I submitted bumped me up into the next corral. I am pretty glad that I used that time because had I not (thus stayed in the last corral), I am certain we would not have finished the race and would have been swept.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #23
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What race predictor did you use? Is that time better or worse than what you submitted when you registered? I know it wasn't a half, but I had a similar time for a 10k I submitted for the ToT race. I was originally in the last corral, but the 10k I submitted bumped me up into the next corral. I am pretty glad that I used that time because had I not (thus stayed in the last corral), I am certain we would not have finished the race and would have been swept.
I found a few online and they all said 2:5X. They were only 3-4 minutes different. This was my first 10K so I did not submit a time when I registered.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #24
TeresaZ
Mouseketeer

I will be running alone! Add me to the list. My husband adn daughter will be traveling with me, but there is no way they will be up and ready to watch the princess half!!

Teresa Z
RESORT: Caribbean Beach

Former cast member: Summers of 1995 and 1996.; Daughter's first trip: Old Key West - Dec. 4-11, 2010; Princess 1/2 marathon weekend: Off site - Feb. 25 to March 4 2011; Expedition Everest Challenge with my best friend: Animal Kingdom Lodge May 5 to May 8, 2011; 2012 Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend:Caribbean Beach - Feb. 24 to Feb. 28, 2012; Family Vacation! Animal Kingdom /Jambo House - Oct. 8-15, 2012; Caribbean Beach, 2013 Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend: Feb. 21-Feb. 26; Twilight Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend: Oct. 4-Oct. 8.
TeresaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #25
rani8600
Mouseketeer

Quote:

my time was 1:12 and predicted a time of 2:42 for the half. I would go ahead and submit your time anyway. Even if you dont get any faster disney should put you in not the last corral. Disney might expect you to get faster in the remaining time, putting you close to your submitted time. If you dont submit a time at all there is a good chance that they will put you in the last. With your time you would then have to weave around a lot of ppl.

Quote:
i use mcmillan race calculator to get a time prediction. it was pretty close when i used a 5k to predict the finish for a 10k.

A Fall Trip full of firsts, MNSSHP and Food and Wine Oct 2011
13.1 Royal Miles-2013 Princess Half Marathon

VeganRamblings my blog - includes additional trip reports
rani8600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #26
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think my friend and I are just going to drink around the World after the PHM! We don't have any ADRs that day.

We get into town on Thursday and then we're going to the expo right away in the morning on Friday so you're welcome to join us!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #27
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rani8600

my time was 1:12 and predicted a time of 2:42 for the half. I would go ahead and submit your time anyway. Even if you dont get any faster disney should put you in not the last corral. Disney might expect you to get faster in the remaining time, putting you close to your submitted time. If you dont submit a time at all there is a good chance that they will put you in the last. With your time you would then have to weave around a lot of ppl.

i use mcmillan race calculator to get a time prediction. it was pretty close when i used a 5k to predict the finish for a 10k.
First, I totally agree. I think no time submitted at all is likely to mean a last corral placement . So I would think any submission is better than nothing.

Second, I will have to check that calculator out! Thanks!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #28
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

I'm traveling with my son (12y/o) who's gonna do the 5K..I'll be running the 1/2 by myself. I have to say I am VERY NERVOUS running (more like fast walking) alone as if it wasn't for my running partner during W&D spurring me on there were times I wanted to quit! I had an injury during training for W&D and couldn't do all I wanted to.

I'm hoping this time that my training will go without problems. I am ramping it up and "running" more than before..

Happy Training!

Oh, and I'm staying at Beach club

~Bettina

Me,DH;dd16,ds13

Last edited by momhmmx2; 11-27-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: more info
momhmmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #29
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rani8600 View Post

Like I said, I am going to wait and bring it to the expo with me. I have read reports from plenty of people who have gone in the past with no time submitted and they were not in the last corral. There are to many people without a time submitted they cant put them all in the last corral.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #30
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

Quote:
Like I said, I am going to wait and bring it to the expo with me. I have read reports from plenty of people who have gone in the past with no time submitted and they were not in the last corral. There are to many people without a time submitted they cant put them all in the last corral.
I submitted my time at the expo for W&D and it was super easy!

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
momhmmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: