Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #1411
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Well I finished I knew it was going to be a tough one and I was right. Ouch...hurting today for sure! I really love his race though...lots of time in the parks and I really enjoyed the part of the course that runs through the city. PF is flared up big time and I'm super worried about Princess next month...I'm sure ill finish, but probably feelin like this again. It's a lot of my own fault though! I'd love to keep my legacy status and do it again next year...I really like this race! We had a few muscle numbing drinks over at Trader Sam's and now we're strolling California Adventure with our medals until its dinner time...ADR at the new Carthay Circle that I'm really excited about! Keep it goin' Princesses, we're so close!!!
I haven't been aroundin a while ...so sorry...

CONGRATS! REST UP. You got the princess.

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #1412
TiggerAllie
DIS Veteran

Hey All-- I just noticed that they pushed back the TOT for next year one week, until Oct 5. It's no longer the first weekend of F&W.

Congrats to all the Tink finishers! It looks like the weather was perfect for the race.

For those of you worried about the weather at DL vs WDW in the fall-- DL is in the desert, so it gets very cool overnight, even in Aug/Sept. For last year's DL 1/2, even though it was warm during the day (80/90), the race was 60/70 and very dry-- nothing like the TOT! Of course, the longer you are out on the course, the hotter it gets, but the race starts before 6AM, so even by 9AM it's not so bad.

I think I need to go get new shoes (sigh). I've been running in Brooks Adrenalines (12). I see they've come out with a new model (but 12s are still for sale), so I'm going to go to the running store and try a few on. I may end up back in the Brooks, as they have served me well. However, I can tell as soon as they are too old, because my hip starts to hurt when I run longer distances. (I accidentally ran the DL 1/2 in my old pair, which was a disaster!)
Past Trips: (WDW) 12/13 BLT MVMCP, 10/13 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 5/13 AKL, 3/13 VWL F&G, 2/13 BCV PHM, 9/12 BWV TOTTM MNNSHP F&W, 3/12 SSR F&G, 2/12 BCV PHM, 10/11 CSR MNSSHP F&W, 3/11 AKVJ F&G, 10/10 Poly F&W MNSSHP, 12/09 SSR NYE, 10/09 VWL/WL F&W MNSSHP (PreTrip Report), 3/09 SSR, 10/08 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 6/08 SSR SWW, 11/07 VWL F&W MNSSHP, 6/07 SSR SWW, 12/06 WL/Poly MVMCP, 10/06 AKL MNSSHP, 8/06 BC USSSA-WS, 10/05 CSR MNSSHP Wilma, 2/05 ASSp, 6/03 offsite, 8/02 ASMu; (DL) 8/13 DGC DDD!, 8/12 DGC DLHM, 5/05 DLH, 6/02 offsite; (DCL, etc.) 8/13 Dream 4day-3day B2B & BLT, 1/13 Fantasy WC DFTW & BWV/BLT, 8/12 Wonder AK, 5/12 Dream 3day & BLT, 1/12 Wonder MR, 8/11 Dream Double-Dip & VBR, 1/11 Magic WC & CR; (DLP) 5/08 offsite
Childhood trips: (Me) 12/95 offsite, 5/87 offsite, 4/80 DL offsite; (DP) 7/90 GF, 4/88 CR, 11/80 offsite
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #1413
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=Lawyer Mommy;47247149]
Quote:
[How was your 7 miler? My first goal is finish and not get swept too!

My 7 miler was great! I ran almost the entire 7 miles too! I ran straight to mile 6, then walked for 1 min, ran to 6.6, walked for 30 seconds. Walking was obviously mental and not really needed. I ran it with a pace of 12:16!/QUOTE]

That is awesome! Good for you!

I did my 7 miles yesterday morning. I wish I could say I ran for 6 straight miles, but I didn't. I take frequent walk breaks -- particularly up hills as I live in a hilly area. My pace was 13:10 -- almost a minute slower than you. But still fast enough to meet my goal of not getting swept.

For those having shin splints, I've had them before. They are super painful, so I sympathize. For me, the inserts in the shoes did not work. I ended up getting a really spongy shoe. But what I think helped the most was learning to take smaller steps and not stride so big. You might want to try that. Good luck.

And Cripey, it is 7:00 a.m. California time right now, thinking of you! I'm sure you're rocking it.
Great job on your run! I actually drove to a super flat area to run. Like flatter than FL hills. It was great. I'm struggling with shin splints so I didn't want to deal with hills when I had barely run at all in 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
OK Ladies, 5 weeks!

I haven't posted much, but with the WDW full behind me, I'm ready to get ready for Princess #5.

Newbie, it will be a blast. The final weeks of training can be tough as the body gets a bit worn and the weather a bit cold. Keep with and the payoff is well worth it.
Omg. 5 weeks is crazy!!

Quote:
Well I finished I knew it was going to be a tough one and I was right. Ouch...hurting today for sure! I really love his race though...lots of time in the parks and I really enjoyed the part of the course that runs through the city. PF is flared up big time and I'm super worried about Princess next month...I'm sure ill finish, but probably feelin like this again. It's a lot of my own fault though! I'd love to keep my legacy status and do it again next year...I really like this race! We had a few muscle numbing drinks over at Trader Sam's and now we're strolling California Adventure with our medals until its dinner time...ADR at the new Carthay Circle that I'm really excited about! Keep it goin' Princesses, we're so close!!!
Congrats on finishing. Hopefully you can rest up and recover and get a long run or two in before the PHM!

It was a whopping 0 degrees when I went out to run. I only did a mile. Mostly, I just wanted to test out my new toy: Garmin Forerunner 110 with heart rate monitor. Early birthday present. Thanks DH!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #1414
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11
Just did Tink today. Next stop is Princess for Coast to Coast. Curious question for someone who may know how long does it take to get a custom orthopedic insert for your shoes (if you are getting a mold)?
Congrats on the Tink!

It always takes my Podiatrist a few weeks. Plus you'll want some time to train in them if you're planning on using them so running. I'd day not to count on them for the Princess. You can however get non-custom insoles. Super feet is a good brand, a brooks makes some too. You can get them at your local running store or online.

WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14**Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #1415
queen mimi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal View Post
The excitement of the race will carry you through! I ran today - 8 miles - thought I was running in thigh high mud. It's a week since the WDW half and I guess I'm still recovering. I'm in the 50+ group - I worry about that stuff too. You're doing what I need to do...more core training. My resolution this year was to do more pilates and yoga. Cincinnati? Have you done the Flying Pig?

Congrats on becoming a Grandma!!!
I'm thinking about the pig. A lot depends on the new grand baby. When my daughter was pregnant before she delivered three months early. If this one comes on time and has no problems, I will probably do the Flying Pig.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #1416
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

hello all!

looking forward to PHM! did anyone do the marathon last weekend? how are you training for PHM? i've only run once since the marathon what are your long runs looking like from now until the race?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #1417
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

I ran a couple of miles last Tuesday and had a 6 mile run on Friday and 7 miles of speed drills today. LR will be 8 miles later this week and then 10, 12, 8.
I took it easy for the full so I could gear up for the half. Had a great time too!

***Sorry, I meant to quote Nancy aka dumbo--buddy

Old 01-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #1418
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen mimi View Post
I'm thinking about the pig. A lot depends on the new grand baby. When my daughter was pregnant before she delivered three months early. If this one comes on time and has no problems, I will probably do the Flying Pig.
Considering the Flying Pig too
Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #1419
andrea9873
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaxton1118
I can't remember what I put down as my time when I registered. Is there a way to see? All I can find is my receipt and it does not say anything about it.
I couldn't remember either so I just called them a few weeks ago and they looked me up.

First Trip to WDW with our DD (10) and DS (7) All Star Sports - April 2002.**Blessed with DVC, Beach Club Villas - March 2003, Villas at Wilderness Lodge - July 16 - 24, 2005, Vero Beach Resort July 24 - 27, 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge July 27 - 30, 2005, Beach Club Villas & Coronado Springs - March 2006, Sheraton Vistana Villas / Beach Club Villas / Disney's Hilton Head Island, SC - July 2006, Disney Cruise 3 nights - Jan 17 - 20, 2008, Saratoga Springs Resort Feb 27 - March 3 2009, Animal Kingdom Villas / Old Key West Villas August 13 - 19 2009, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort June 13 - 19, 2010, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort / Disney's Boardwalk Villas December 23 - 28, 2010 The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Feb 10 - 12, 2011 (Romantic getaway with DH) / BLT Oct 2011

Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #1420
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Great places for victory drinks and dinner! Please post back about the Carthay Circle dinner...it's on my list for the DDD. Hope your PF gets better - no fun running in pain.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #1421
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
In case there are any interested Princesses, I have an Illuminations Cruise booked for Friday night, and we have room for 5 more. If we get it full, it works out to $35/person not including tip. If anyone's interested, PM me.
3 spots left ladies!

It leaves from Y&BC at 8 PM, and you don't need park tickets. I've done the cruise several times, so if you have any questions, just ask.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #1422
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Great job Tinkerbell ladies!!!!!

I only did 3.1 yesterday. I planned on 12 but was just feeling too blah to hamster wheel it that long. I was going to just do 5-6 but then my 5 year old asked if he could come with me and run. Never one to say no to one of my kids wanting to run, I brought him and just did 3.1. At least I was out there, I guess. I have been making my own training plan as I go and really, I just want to get in 12 once between now and a couple of weeks before the PHM. So I'll do it next Sunday. I do my 3.1 runs twice a week and then save Sunday for the long one. I just wish it weren't 9* here right now. Ugh!!

Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #1423
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Great job Tinkerbell ladies!!!!!

I only did 3.1 yesterday. I planned on 12 but was just feeling too blah to hamster wheel it that long. I was going to just do 5-6 but then my 5 year old asked if he could come with me and run. Never one to say no to one of my kids wanting to run, I brought him and just did 3.1. At least I was out there, I guess. I have been making my own training plan as I go and really, I just want to get in 12 once between now and a couple of weeks before the PHM. So I'll do it next Sunday. I do my 3.1 runs twice a week and then save Sunday for the long one. I just wish it weren't 9* here right now. Ugh!!
I did 6 on Saturday it was not as cold but the wind was nasty. I am planning on 11 on Wednesday. I hope it warms up.

How did your 5 year old do on the 3.1? My 8 year old and I do a 5K the Saturday before Easter, we have a great time and my DD love the chocolate you get when your done. But I thought my 5 year old was too young so I did not sign her up.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #1424
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
I did 6 on Saturday it was not as cold but the wind was nasty. I am planning on 11 on Wednesday. I hope it warms up.

How did your 5 year old do on the 3.1? My 8 year old and I do a 5K the Saturday before Easter, we have a great time and my DD love the chocolate you get when your done. But I thought my 5 year old was too young so I did not sign her up.
DS5 ran one mile straight through (8 laps) and then he did his own version of interval training. I would run 3-4 laps and then he'd run one with me for the rest of it. He was so cute standing by the lockers cheering as I'd come around the bend and hold up his fingers for how many laps. This nice older man gave him a peppermint and you'd think it was a million dollars for how excited he was.

DS7 did a 5K turkey trot this past November and they both do the 1 mile runs at school. I have both of them signed up for the kids one mile and DS3 is doing the dash (I think it's 100m for his age group but might be 200m). I am hoping to sign all 3 of them up for the Neverland 5K next year when I run the Tink but I also try to keep it fun so I only take them when they ask to go. Or I'll say "Mommy's going on a fun run. Who wants to come with?" In the summer, I get a lot of takers. In the winter, not so much. But they know if we go to the track and they are good, I'll let them stop in the jump room before we leave, so that's some motivation.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #1425
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Thank you sooo much. It has been vet difficult for me these past weeks. I got dumped by my SO, but I just keep plodding along. I will not give up with the help of my fellow Dissers.
Hugs. You can do it!! Believe in yourself and we believe in you!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: