Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #1366
queen mimi
Mouseketeer

Did my 8 mile walk today. Windy but sunny. Had a time of 16:20 minute mile. That was with lots of Cincinnati hills! I get so nervous every year about being swept. Hasn't happened yet, but I've moved up to the 65 year old age group so I am getting older. To compensate, I have been doing a lot more weight training, core strengthening, and stationary bike work. My daughter found out that she is pregnant a week after we registered, so my race partner won't be with me. My husband tells me I'm ready and I worry too much! Hopefully, he's right.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #1367
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Thanks! Trying to rest up this afternoon, but I scored a pair of the runDisney New Balance this AM!!!! They are way cute
Saw them at the WDW expo...are they pricey?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #1368
mickeysgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen mimi View Post
Did my 8 mile walk today. Windy but sunny. Had a time of 16:20 minute mile. That was with lots of Cincinnati hills! I get so nervous every year about being swept. Hasn't happened yet, but I've moved up to the 65 year old age group so I am getting older. To compensate, I have been doing a lot more weight training, core strengthening, and stationary bike work. My daughter found out that she is pregnant a week after we registered, so my race partner won't be with me. My husband tells me I'm ready and I worry too much! Hopefully, he's right.
The excitement of the race will carry you through! I ran today - 8 miles - thought I was running in thigh high mud. It's a week since the WDW half and I guess I'm still recovering. I'm in the 50+ group - I worry about that stuff too. You're doing what I need to do...more core training. My resolution this year was to do more pilates and yoga. Cincinnati? Have you done the Flying Pig?

Congrats on becoming a Grandma!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #1369
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

My costume has been decided. At least for the PHM. I need to finalize for the the 5K. I also need to figure out what size I need for both of these. I've lost some weight since I started running, and I'm finding it trickier to judge sizes now.

Shirt from Raw Threads:

And Sparkle Tech skirt from SparkleSkirts:

I've got black sleeves and tights, if I need them. I've got the black with silver tiara Bondi Band. I'm thinking about ordering the black with a purple tiara though. And I need black or purple sunglasses.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #1370
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

OMG, hello twin! I have scoliosis, too, and I'm positive that's a contributing factor - it's my "longer" leg that had ITBS and it's that leg that A. was always on the down slope of the road, and B. tends to overpronate in an effort to ease the transition to my "shorter" right leg. I've found that the strengthening exercises have helped a lot and have definitely altered my pronation: I still roll in at the very end of my stride when walking, but not during my run intervals. I wound up in low- (bot not zero-) drop shoes with a little extra arch support, but no full stability. I alternate between Brooks PureFlow with better arch-supporting insoles and Brooks PureCadence with the insoles that came with them. Both seem to be good and I haven't yet been able to pick a favorite to wear for the race! I also read somewhere about taking good ol' white athletic tape (though I'd think duct tape would be good, too) and rolling it flat around a couple fingers, over and over until its thickness is about the same as the dip in your hips from the scoliosis. Stick that under the insole in the heel of your "shorter" leg's shoe. Because it's in the heel, it doesn't help when I'm running, but it's made a difference when I walk - I definitely don't overpronate as much (maybe not at all) on the left, which seems to keep the ITBS at bay. Worth a try!
I am so trying that! THank you!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #1371
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run

Run like the wind tomorrow!!!!!
Thanks! I'm a little worried...not as prepared as I should be and I think I did a little too much walking today. Oh well, just gonna try to push through and have fun!

Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #1372
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal

Saw them at the WDW expo...are they pricey?
They are $125. Pretty average price for a running shoe...I figured they would have been more expensive.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #1373
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks! I'm a little worried...not as prepared as I should be and I think I did a little too much walking today. Oh well, just gonna try to push through and have fun!
Good luck! I can't wait to hear how you did. Have fun.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #1374
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
My costume has been decided. At least for the PHM. I need to finalize for the the 5K. I also need to figure out what size I need for both of these. I've lost some weight since I started running, and I'm finding it trickier to judge sizes now.

Shirt from Raw Threads:

I've got black sleeves and tights, if I need them. I've got the black with silver tiara Bondi Band. I'm thinking about ordering the black with a purple tiara though. And I need black or purple sunglasses.
Cute!!!!!

Quote:
You'll do great!! We're all jealous and sending pixie dust!!!

Old 01-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #1375
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! Trying to rest up this afternoon, but I scored a pair of the runDisney New Balance this AM!!!! They are way cute
Go Cripey Go!!!! Have a Great Race!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #1376
mickeysgal

Have a great time tomorrow!!! Can't wait to read all about everyone's run!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #1377
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007 View Post
The sales person told me to walk around the house in them for 5 or 6 days until my feet get used to them. She said after I run in them and don't like them I could bring them back. I got the green ones. I'm just praying they relive some shin pain.

In my experience, our Fleet Feet is great for that. If you buy something, try it and hate it, they will take it back/exchange. Hope it helps your shin splints. I've had them and they hurt!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #1378
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie

Shirt from Raw Threads:

I like it!!! Where did u find the shirt?
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #1379
TiggerAllie
DIS Veteran

I hope all my Boston-princesses got out either yesterday or the first half of today for your runs! Yesterday was 10mi for us, right near my race-goal pace of 10 min miles.

I am getting worried about the temps for the PHM. Last year was great @ 55, but I'm worried the way things are going this year it could be 70+! (It was so warm in Jan when we were there for Marathon weekend.) After doing the CC 5K, I realized it was really helpful to have a few runs to re-acclimate to the heat, which is impossible since we can't leave until after work on Friday. (I haven't bought plane tickets yet either, but I plan to this week.) Hopefully it won't be too hot!
Past Trips: (WDW) 12/13 BLT MVMCP, 10/13 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 5/13 AKL, 3/13 VWL F&G, 2/13 BCV PHM, 9/12 BWV TOTTM MNNSHP F&W, 3/12 SSR F&G, 2/12 BCV PHM, 10/11 CSR MNSSHP F&W, 3/11 AKVJ F&G, 10/10 Poly F&W MNSSHP, 12/09 SSR NYE, 10/09 VWL/WL F&W MNSSHP (PreTrip Report), 3/09 SSR, 10/08 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 6/08 SSR SWW, 11/07 VWL F&W MNSSHP, 6/07 SSR SWW, 12/06 WL/Poly MVMCP, 10/06 AKL MNSSHP, 8/06 BC USSSA-WS, 10/05 CSR MNSSHP Wilma, 2/05 ASSp, 6/03 offsite, 8/02 ASMu; (DL) 8/13 DGC DDD!, 8/12 DGC DLHM, 5/05 DLH, 6/02 offsite; (DCL, etc.) 8/13 Dream 4day-3day B2B & BLT, 1/13 Fantasy WC DFTW & BWV/BLT, 8/12 Wonder AK, 5/12 Dream 3day & BLT, 1/12 Wonder MR, 8/11 Dream Double-Dip & VBR, 1/11 Magic WC & CR; (DLP) 5/08 offsite
Childhood trips: (Me) 12/95 offsite, 5/87 offsite, 4/80 DL offsite; (DP) 7/90 GF, 4/88 CR, 11/80 offsite
Old 01-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #1380
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie

Shirt from Raw Threads:

Love!! I have the Sea Witch tank and I love it!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: