Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #1336
Lawyer Mommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Um yes!!! You ladies are all way ahead of me in training. My longest run so far is 6 miles. I'm following Hal Higdons half plan (novice). This weekend is 7. I'm dealing with awful shin splints so I haven't run much over the last 10 days. I'm losing sleep over stress about not being able to run. I'm going to attempt 7 on Friday though.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm at the same training spot as you. My longest so far is 6, and I'm doing 7 tomorrow. I hope your 7 went well. My goal for the PHM is simple: finish and not get swept. If I enjoy this (which I think I will), then I'll worry about speeding up.

I've been lurking here for a while, and you ladies have really inspired me and kept me going! When I'm feeling like I don't want to train, I read the boards and get excited. Thanks for that!

I am starting to get really excited for the race and for the trip! I'm staying at the BCV like many of you.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #1337
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Pretty excited - know someone who knows someone who is a big wig at New Balance. The Dis-inspired shoes are sold out, but she said if they make any more, she will try to score me a pair! Even if they weren't so stinkin' cute, I would still covet a pair of $125 shoes that are in the "stability" mode! Can only hope the wild popularity of those things means they make more. I told her that if they ever make a Tink shoe, it is a MUST!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #1338
jlm314
Earning My Ears

How are you getting to your hotels? I am staying at Shades of Green and am not sure that my friends will make it and we were going to split the cost of one of those transport companies. One way instead of 3 ways is a lot more than I planned. Suggestions?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #1339
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy
Pretty excited - know someone who knows someone who is a big wig at New Balance. The Dis-inspired shoes are sold out, but she said if they make any more, she will try to score me a pair! Even if they weren't so stinkin' cute, I would still covet a pair of $125 shoes that are in the "stability" mode! Can only hope the wild popularity of those things means they make more. I told her that if they ever make a Tink shoe, it is a MUST!
I missed out on the ones at Tink expo today, but talked to the new balance peeps there and they are supposed to have 125 more tomorrow AM. We're contemplating lining up for a pair super early. Back in my room now and realized they gave me the wrong size shirt at packet pick up, so I have to go back tomorrow anyway. I saw several people with them on today and they are really cute! The people in the booth said by the time DL half rolls around they will have plenty to go around, but they are gonna be hard to come by at PHM next month too, though they definitely will have some there. I REALLY REALLY hope they make Tink and Princess ones next year, those would be so cute I'm sure!

Old 01-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #1340
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Just out of curiosity, I looked to see if the new balance shoes were being sold on ebay of course they are...and at over $300 per pair
Old 01-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #1341
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Oh yes, I checked last week all day after the marathon expo opened to see how fast they went up...only took a few hours and they were posted at $399. I REALLY hope no one actually bought those. And the seller had the nerve to also charge $15 for shipping! At that kind of a profit, they could have thrown in the shipping at no charge, you know? Lol.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #1342
Barefoot Princess
Earning My Ears

Hello Princesses,

Any fellow New England Princesses out there? It's getting hard to motivate myself to get out the door to run outside and was curious if anyone else is out there in the same boat. Of course, we've had some warm days so that helps, but looking at the forecast for next week of mostly "high in the 20's" is really hampering my motivation

Also, I was wondering if we're supposed to be receiving any e-mails from RunDisney? I haven't received any (aside from the registration confirmation from Active.com) and was getting a bit worried.

Thank you!

"And though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~William Shakespeare~
Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #1343
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawyer Mommy View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I'm at the same training spot as you. My longest so far is 6, and I'm doing 7 tomorrow. I hope your 7 went well. My goal for the PHM is simple: finish and not get swept. If I enjoy this (which I think I will), then I'll worry about speeding up.

I've been lurking here for a while, and you ladies have really inspired me and kept me going! When I'm feeling like I don't want to train, I read the boards and get excited. Thanks for that!

I am starting to get really excited for the race and for the trip! I'm staying at the BCV like many of you.
You can do this ! 36 days to go and still time to increase miles slowly. Your goal is my first goal when I started the training for PHM. I've built a little bit of cushion time now so if I end up slowing I can still be ahead of balloon lady !
Old 01-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #1344
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I missed out on the ones at Tink expo today, but talked to the new balance peeps there and they are supposed to have 125 more tomorrow AM. We're contemplating lining up for a pair super early. Back in my room now and realized they gave me the wrong size shirt at packet pick up, so I have to go back tomorrow anyway. I saw several people with them on today and they are really cute! The people in the booth said by the time DL half rolls around they will have plenty to go around, but they are gonna be hard to come by at PHM next month too, though they definitely will have some there. I REALLY REALLY hope they make Tink and Princess ones next year, those would be so cute I'm sure!
Keep us posted on the Tink...sending lots of Texas pixie dust your way ! Your lone star princess' are cheering for you from afar
Old 01-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #1345
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Princess
Hello Princesses,

Any fellow New England Princesses out there? It's getting hard to motivate myself to get out the door to run outside and was curious if anyone else is out there in the same boat. Of course, we've had some warm days so that helps, but looking at the forecast for next week of mostly "high in the 20's" is really hampering my motivation

Also, I was wondering if we're supposed to be receiving any e-mails from RunDisney? I haven't received any (aside from the registration confirmation from Active.com) and was getting a bit worried.

Thank you!
Metro boston princess here! This cold is a killer! Lucky for me I overheat when I run so I'm stripping off layers and tying them around my waist as I go. I must look so silly
Old 01-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #1346
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
That's me! Can't afford to run it again, but I'm still hanging out on the thread to live vicariously through all of you.

I can't remember - did you guys do it last year? It was HOT. Even by Floridan standards. The air wasn't bad, but that stupid parking lot literally burned my behind! Once the sun went down, the parking lot section of the course wasn't bad, but it was very still and humid within the park. Just something to consider when designing costumes!
We didn't and I was wondering about that. I figured by May the heat would be up but was hoping at night it would be a little better. Humid sounds great compared to Chicago weather but thinking about when I was in FL in September this past fall trying to run (and trying to breath!) was not easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Here's a question for those that have foam rollers...do you like the ridges or the plain ? DH got me one for the little twinges in my right knee and after watching the video and feeling awkward rolling on a tube...it does feel a little better. Plain roller is okay so wondering if the ridges are better.
I have the smooth kind and also swear by the stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
I have new pain. Achilles tendonitis. Now I know it was a potential side effect from from the darn Cipro I was on, but I'm wondering if my new shoes were a contributing factor.
Noooo!!!! You've been through enough!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawyer Mommy View Post

Another lawyer mommy here (also at BCV)!! Welcome to the group and tell us about yourself!! :hi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Princess View Post

Not New England, but we've had about the same weather here in Chicago. It isn't pretty! I try to do my short runs outside and ColdGear up and then do my longer ones at the track/hamster wheel. I don't like it that way but running outside is just so hard to breath and I can hack it for 3.1 but not for 10.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #1347
TiggerAllie
DIS Veteran

Another Boston Princess struggling with the cold wind; another BCV-stayer! (Hopefully we'll actually get a room at BCV this time-- the last time they somehow ran out of inventory and after an hour of searching they found us a room at BC.)

Hoping to get 9 miles in this weekend. I wonder how many people have signed up for the DL 1/2 already-- it's certainly been open to many (Disney Visa, WDW marathon expo, Tink expo, AP holders) already... It could be almost sold out be it even goes on sale!

I can't wait for corral assignments! Last year a 1:06 got us corral B. I'm hoping this year 0:57 will get us in corral A! (Fingers crossed)
Past Trips: (WDW) 12/13 BLT MVMCP, 10/13 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 5/13 AKL, 3/13 VWL F&G, 2/13 BCV PHM, 9/12 BWV TOTTM MNNSHP F&W, 3/12 SSR F&G, 2/12 BCV PHM, 10/11 CSR MNSSHP F&W, 3/11 AKVJ F&G, 10/10 Poly F&W MNSSHP, 12/09 SSR NYE, 10/09 VWL/WL F&W MNSSHP (PreTrip Report), 3/09 SSR, 10/08 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 6/08 SSR SWW, 11/07 VWL F&W MNSSHP, 6/07 SSR SWW, 12/06 WL/Poly MVMCP, 10/06 AKL MNSSHP, 8/06 BC USSSA-WS, 10/05 CSR MNSSHP Wilma, 2/05 ASSp, 6/03 offsite, 8/02 ASMu; (DL) 8/13 DGC DDD!, 8/12 DGC DLHM, 5/05 DLH, 6/02 offsite; (DCL, etc.) 8/13 Dream 4day-3day B2B & BLT, 1/13 Fantasy WC DFTW & BWV/BLT, 8/12 Wonder AK, 5/12 Dream 3day & BLT, 1/12 Wonder MR, 8/11 Dream Double-Dip & VBR, 1/11 Magic WC & CR; (DLP) 5/08 offsite
Childhood trips: (Me) 12/95 offsite, 5/87 offsite, 4/80 DL offsite; (DP) 7/90 GF, 4/88 CR, 11/80 offsite
Old 01-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #1348
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAllie
Another Boston Princess struggling with the cold wind; another BCV-stayer! (Hopefully we'll actually get a room at BCV this time-- the last time they somehow ran out of inventory and after an hour of searching they found us a room at BC.)

Hoping to get 9 miles in this weekend. I wonder how many people have signed up for the DL 1/2 already-- it's certainly been open to many (Disney Visa, WDW marathon expo, Tink expo, AP holders) already... It could be almost sold out be it even goes on sale!

I can't wait for corral assignments! Last year a 1:06 got us corral B. I'm hoping this year 0:57 will get us in corral A! (Fingers crossed)
We're at BCV too - never heard of them running out of inventory. Now I have to worry abouth that too! And yes, we' re already signed up for the DL races.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #1349
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

I still haven't booked my flight. I might need to get on that.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #1350
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Princess View Post
Hello Princesses,

New England here too. I went out in low 20s today, and didn't wear warm enough pants. The forecast says 44 tomorrow--I may move my long run up a day, because that sounds AWESOME! We're getting close to the race--not too many more winter runs for this race. Last year was such a different situation with such a mild winter. Missing that!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: