Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #1126
Bookwood
DIS Veteran

World showcase entrance will open when Epcot opens for the day- not before so if you will finish before 9am that's not an option. I don't trust the Disney ground transportation on a race morning I've heard more horror stories than good ones. I'd get up and leave the resort on the last runner bus then monorail to TTC to see the racers there.-Then Monorail again to MK to see them on Main street, and Monorail back to Epcot for the finish! but that's just me. (I did this one year when I couldn't run the marathon because of a surgery and my dd did it for me- after MK I got back to Epcot, walked thru the park (it was open then) and went to Breakfast to meet some friends at Fresh for breakfast. We then went out to the bridge by the boardwalk to cheer until everyone we know was in Epcot.) The breakfast part only works for the full though. LOL

Pam and DH Mike Wondering our way to Hawaii 10/14/2012

Pam and DH Mike (Retiring) through the Canal again 05/2015
Old 01-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #1127
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

Platinum Cheer Squad

Hi all!

I'm looking for a Platinum Chear squad package. If anyone's fans aren't going to be able to use them I would really like to purchase it from you.

Thanks

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #1128
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!
Sofa surfed the PC and now the TA on DCL
And … Sofa surfing the world on DCL with my DIS friends

On the rundisney site there is a spectator tool, it worked for my mom last year, she was at 8.3mi (poly) the TTC 4.5 ish and the finish line.
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

Old 01-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #1129
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Checking to see my tickers
Old 01-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #1130
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookwood
World showcase entrance will open when Epcot opens for the day- not before so if you will finish before 9am that's not an option. I don't trust the Disney ground transportation on a race morning I've heard more horror stories than good ones. I'd get up and leave the resort on the last runner bus then monorail to TTC to see the racers there.-Then Monorail again to MK to see them on Main street, and Monorail back to Epcot for the finish! but that's just me. (I did this one year when I couldn't run the marathon because of a surgery and my dd did it for me- after MK I got back to Epcot, walked thru the park (it was open then) and went to Breakfast to meet some friends at Fresh for breakfast. We then went out to the bridge by the boardwalk to cheer until everyone we know was in Epcot.) The breakfast part only works for the full though. LOL
The international gateway entrance is open for the people going to pre-park opening ADR's at Akershus. They seat starting early, either 7 or 8 am. Not sure if they allow people in looking to get out the front of the park.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #1131
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post

I am planning 9.3 today. I think I'll have to do it in "the hamster wheel" because we're supposed to have ice storms here. Haven't seen much of it, but I am still trying to get myself prepared for inside. I prefer outside like crazy but when it gets below 30, my breathing suffers and it can add 30-45 seconds to my average pace (or more) which ends up just taking too long and I run out of time to get in as many miles as I'd wanted (and frustrated). Stinkin' weather! I think the up-side is that once s cold weather princesses arrive at MCO, we're going to think we're dreaming in that warm weather!! I hear you girls talk about throw away clothes and I'm thinking "In that weather, I could run in my swim suit!! "

Good Morning, Princesses!!! Another great day to make it count!!!!!
I've been thinking about this wrong. I should go as an Ice Princess in honor of us northern girls! Blue lipstick, blue nail polish...

I enjoyed getting the long run done yesterday. The sidewalks and trails looked pretty slick today. I had a hot bath & stretching day which did me a world of good. Looks like next weekend may get up to 40 again, so that will be good for my 9 mile. My schedule says to do a fast 5K next week, but I'd hate to waste the fleeting "warm" weather.

Hope all the northern girls are staying surefooted and not slipping. Watch yourselves out there!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #1132
DIS-OH
Mouseketeer

I did 8 miles outdoors yesterday, wearing short sleeves...in January...in Ohio!

It was cloudy and rained some, but it was 66 degrees...in January...in Ohio!

Trip #33...December 2014 at POFQ...Holiday decorations trip!

Trip #34...February 2015...our 6th Princess Half Marathon...doing the Glass Slipper challenge!

Stayed at CR, POFQ, POR, CBR, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, WL, YC and BWV--with POFQ and YC as our current favorites!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #1133
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007 View Post
I did the Hot Chocolate 15k in Atlanta this morning. It was the hardest race I've ever done. It was warm, muggy,and ALL HILLS! I had horrible shin splints but finished in descent time- 1:44:49.
I'm not the least bit worried about the PHM after this race. No hills!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
Congrats that's so awesome!!!!!!!!!

I had a miserable 9.5 mile run today. Knee pain and general sluggishness. I had surgery on Wednesday, a minor procedure so they said if be fine for my long run today..... They lied. I was near tears the whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha73 View Post
Hi, I'm Trisha. I'm super excited about running the Princess, and I've been lurking for a while getting all kinds of good information. So thanks!

I'm coming out of lurkdom, because I also did the Hot Chocolate 15k in Atlanta this morning, and it was HARD! I was a little disheartened by the whole thing, so it's good to hear that other people thought it was difficult, too!
Congrats on the Hot Chocolate! I know tons of people who did either the 5 or 15K. Yes - the hills are serious. I had no idea how hilly Atl was until I ran the Publix half last March. Doing it again this year; will be a little more prepared!

Bella Notte - so sorry you had a bad run, but talk about mental toughness - you didn't bag it and you got it done! Hope the next one is better!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #1134
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy

Congrats on the Hot Chocolate! I know tons of people who did either the 5 or 15K. Yes - the hills are serious. I had no idea how hilly Atl was until I ran the Publix half last March. Doing it again this year; will be a little more prepared!

Bella Notte - so sorry you had a bad run, but talk about mental toughness - you didn't bag it and you got it done! Hope the next one is better!
I do the Peachtree Roadrace every year. There are a few hills but nothing like today's race. When the race course was posted (just a few weeks ago) I was second guessing if I really wanted that Hot Chocolate Hoodie. 😄
Counting down to the PHM. Going to take tomorrow off but then back to serious training. I want to finish in under 2:30 this year.
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
2014 - Disney All Star Music
Old 01-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #1135
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar

This is my first time training for a half marathon, so I'm no expert either but I had a similar problem and just shifted my long runs around so I ended up running an 8.5 mile last weekend and a 10 mile this weekend. I haven't noticed any problems with recovery time and in fact, slightly improved on pace. I would think, especially because you are trained already to handle the distance, that you should be okay to do two long weekends back to back. But only you know your body and how you recover.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
This is what I'm leaning towards. It's just that doing a 10. 11, 12, and 13.1 in the next 6 weeks, really 5 weeks by the time we get to next weekend, sounds like a lot of long runs to me. Just making sure I'm not trying to overdo it. Really wish I could have gotten the 10 in this weekend.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #1136
TeresaZ
Mouseketeer

Anyone know the code for runningwarehouse?

Former cast member: Summers of 1995 and 1996.; Daughter's first trip: Old Key West - Dec. 4-11, 2010; Princess 1/2 marathon weekend: Off site - Feb. 25 to March 4 2011; Expedition Everest Challenge with my best friend: Animal Kingdom Lodge May 5 to May 8, 2011; 2012 Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend:Caribbean Beach - Feb. 24 to Feb. 28, 2012; Family Vacation! Animal Kingdom /Jambo House - Oct. 8-15, 2012; Caribbean Beach, 2013 Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend: Feb. 21-Feb. 26; Twilight Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend: Oct. 4-Oct. 8.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #1137
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
I've been thinking about this wrong. I should go as an Ice Princess in honor of us northern girls! Blue lipstick, blue nail polish...
You could be Tinkerbell's sister/cousin from that new movie Secret of the Wings!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
I enjoyed getting the long run done yesterday. The sidewalks and trails looked pretty slick today. I had a hot bath & stretching day which did me a world of good. Looks like next weekend may get up to 40 again, so that will be good for my 9 mile. My schedule says to do a fast 5K next week, but I'd hate to waste the fleeting "warm" weather.

Hope all the northern girls are staying surefooted and not slipping. Watch yourselves out there!
I would probably do a longer run too. We just don't get enough of those days to let it go to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS-OH View Post
I did 8 miles outdoors yesterday, wearing short sleeves...in January...in Ohio!

It was cloudy and rained some, but it was 66 degrees...in January...in Ohio!
Crazy!!!!!

I did 10 miles in the "hamster wheel" today. It was too icy to go outside so I went to the track. I hate to say this because I support anyone's desire to get fit at any level, but right after New Years is always such a rough time for those of us continuing our fitness plan. Whether it's gym etiquette, track etiquette, bike path, etc. These newbies don't know the rules and some are great learners but others... I almost knocked this girl down today and I felt terrible about it. We have a 3 lane track and the signs couldn't be more clear that walkers belong on the inside and runners on the outside. Never fails there wil be a group of 2-3 people who want to walk next to each other and then you get one or two walkers who just willy-nilly walk anywhere. Well, it's all fine and well until they clump together and then you collide trying to get around them. It wasn't pretty!!!! I asked the girl at the front desk to put up a few more signs asking walkers to stay on the inside. I thought there were more, but she said she thinks they took them down to clean and probably forgot to put them back up. I looked for the girl to apologize but she was gone. I hope I didn't scare her from her goals.

Oh, as to our Hot Chocolate runners, don't let that experience dissuade you! I signed up to run it this year in Chicago and didn't because of my bum knee but I heard nothing but bad things and then when I talked to others, they said it's generally a poorly run event with lots of drama. Don't take today's experience and let it get you down. Like all things, Disney does it better!!!!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #1138
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
You could be Tinkerbell's sister/cousin from that new movie Secret of the Wings!!

I would probably do a longer run too. We just don't get enough of those days to let it go to waste.

Crazy!!!!!

I did 10 miles in the "hamster wheel" today. It was too icy to go outside so I went to the track. I hate to say this because I support anyone's desire to get fit at any level, but right after New Years is always such a rough time for those of us continuing our fitness plan. Whether it's gym etiquette, track etiquette, bike path, etc. These newbies don't know the rules and some are great learners but others... I almost knocked this girl down today and I felt terrible about it. We have a 3 lane track and the signs couldn't be more clear that walkers belong on the inside and runners on the outside. Never fails there wil be a group of 2-3 people who want to walk next to each other and then you get one or two walkers who just willy-nilly walk anywhere. Well, it's all fine and well until they clump together and then you collide trying to get around them. It wasn't pretty!!!! I asked the girl at the front desk to put up a few more signs asking walkers to stay on the inside. I thought there were more, but she said she thinks they took them down to clean and probably forgot to put them back up. I looked for the girl to apologize but she was gone. I hope I didn't scare her from her goals.

Oh, as to our Hot Chocolate runners, don't let that experience dissuade you! I signed up to run it this year in Chicago and didn't because of my bum knee but I heard nothing but bad things and then when I talked to others, they said it's generally a poorly run event with lots of drama. Don't take today's experience and let it get you down. Like all things, Disney does it better!!!!
theres a lake next town over from me that has a sidewalk that goes all the way around and is a nice 3.2 mile distance, perfect for 5ks. well on nice days everyone and their mother comes out, and they crowd the sidewalks and i end up in the street dodging cars. same problem as you, no one wants to walk single file, even though they see you coming, then they give you the stink eye if you get too close.

Had one woman today stop in the middle of the sidewalk with a double stroller and her dog.... for no reason... totally feel your pain!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #1139
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
theres a lake next town over from me that has a sidewalk that goes all the way around and is a nice 3.2 mile distance, perfect for 5ks. well on nice days everyone and their mother comes out, and they crowd the sidewalks and i end up in the street dodging cars. same problem as you, no one wants to walk single file, even though they see you coming, then they give you the stink eye if you get too close.

Had one woman today stop in the middle of the sidewalk with a double stroller and her dog.... for no reason... totally feel your pain!
It's so infuriating!! These things are supposed to be for everyone and we could all use them if people would just show a little courtesy. If you want to walk with a friend, that's fine but someone needs to watch for runners/bikers or don't take up the whole path.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #1140
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
OMG you're totally right. She even wears running capris!

This pic of Tink in earmuffs with Peri is how I like to think of us
http://parentpreviews.com/movie-revi...t-of-the-wings

I'm going to have to put a little thought into this. It might be worth switching. I do own blue wings...hmmm....
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: