Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #1111
DISNEYFOS
DIS Veteran

Ok another question for you all.. My husband would like to take the kids to see me at the finish line. What is the best way to do this without making them wake up at 5AM?

We are at the Beach Club Villas.. Is International gateway open to cut thru?? Driving doesn't seem to be an option since they say they are rerouting traffic to MK from 5-7? Maybe if he plans to drive over at 7:30? I don't want to make him drag two tired grumpy kids all over the place.. Any suggestions?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #1112
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
Can anyone who has ITband syndrome try to explain what it feels like? Its what the dr and PT diagnosed me with, but I'm just not sure I agree with it. I can foam roll my ITband all day and don't find a single spot that hurts (and I've heard that foam rolling the ITband hurts!). They show me stretches that should be slightly painful, and they're not. Yet after the half today, my knee once again is killing me. I've been icing off and on all day but still have a heavy limp. My pain is on the outside of the knee (which is why it leads to the ITband thought) but it feels like its the actual bone to me. It doesn't hurt above or below the side of the knee, but the bone right where it bends. I'm so frustrated that nothing in PT worked. And I have an other 5k on Saturday.
It can manifest itself differently but generally most people have pain outside the knee like you are saying. I foam rolled mine to start off (before going to PT) and it helped some but not enough. It was't like there was one spot on there that was knotted up like you might think. The whole thing was being improperly stressed. With PT, it took about 6 weeks before I was even allowed to run at all. Which sucked!!! But after going through it all, I am better now and have been able to build back up pretty quickly. Probably faster than my PT would like, but I've got 13.1 to do in about 6 weeks and no time to waste!!!! I would go with your PT recommendations and see if you notice some relief after a few weeks. It definitely takes time but it is worth it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota View Post
Hello Princesses! I ran 10 miles today! Yay! It did not feel as rough as my first long run a few weeks ago. My running partner said that she felt less sore even though we are running a whole lot farther. I was degrading this run before we started but was so so glad at the end. A little TMI but I also did not get any sport bra chaffing on my back but had to run with bandages under the ****s! Ha! What we do for this run! I hope all of your runs are going well! The weather here is sunny in Spain so it was perfect! Have a great week princesses!
Nice job on the run!!! Sorry about the chaffing. Ugh!!!

I am planning 9.3 today. I think I'll have to do it in "the hamster wheel" because we're supposed to have ice storms here. Haven't seen much of it, but I am still trying to get myself prepared for inside. I prefer outside like crazy but when it gets below 30, my breathing suffers and it can add 30-45 seconds to my average pace (or more) which ends up just taking too long and I run out of time to get in as many miles as I'd wanted (and frustrated). Stinkin' weather! I think the up-side is that once s cold weather princesses arrive at MCO, we're going to think we're dreaming in that warm weather!! I hear you girls talk about throw away clothes and I'm thinking "In that weather, I could run in my swim suit!! "

Good Morning, Princesses!!! Another great day to make it count!!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #1113
jlm314
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
A fellow walker on the breast cancer 3-day had it-that is how I learned about it. I have seen it at Walmart and it also is available on line through Amazon.
I learned about Body GLide for the 3 Day as well. I have done 2 of those so I am hoping that the 13.1 is doable.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #1114
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Today i was trying to plan with dh when he should be near the finish to see me reach it. I am trying to be realistic so he doesn't have to get up too early and then wait. I also don't want to give him to generous of a time and have him completely miss it. KWIM? I have never done the phm... so I am not entirely positive on what I "think" happens. However... Assuming I am in an ok starting coral (I did submit a 10k from a few months ago that had me with about a 10 1/2 min/mile pace)...should it start about 6:30? Then I was thinking I would end up finishing in 2:40. Again...maybe I am not allowing enough time? maybe I am allowing too much time? My longest run thus far has been my 8.54 miles I finished that in 1:30:54 I still have a few more weeks to train..and I am hoping my pace will improve a bit. (anything 5 miles or less I can run at less than a 10min/mile pace)

So I told dh he should be there waiting to see me finish around 9am. Does that sound about right?

TIA
Old 01-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #1115
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Princesses, I need training plan input. It's looking like my 10 miles isn't going to happen this weekend due to thunderstorms. There is still a chance they'll let up later but it's really not looking like it. So, my options are to skip it completely and do my next long run of 11 in 2 weeks, do 10 next weekend and then 11 the week after (back to back long runs) or do 11 next weekend, 12 in 3 weeks then take a 3 week taper. Endurance-wise I can do 13.1 now. I did a half on December 1 and I'm running even better and stronger just since then. My last long run was 9 miles 2 weeks ago. I'm just not sure which would be the most efficient. Thoughts?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #1116
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYFOS View Post
Ok another question for you all.. My husband would like to take the kids to see me at the finish line. What is the best way to do this without making them wake up at 5AM?

We are at the Beach Club Villas.. Is International gateway open to cut thru?? Driving doesn't seem to be an option since they say they are rerouting traffic to MK from 5-7? Maybe if he plans to drive over at 7:30? I don't want to make him drag two tired grumpy kids all over the place.. Any suggestions?
I was just attempted to post this same type of question last night. (it didn't go through until this morning) I had not even considered transportation logistics. I just assumed there would be a bus for my dh and dd to ride.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #1117
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda
Today i was trying to plan with dh when he should be near the finish to see me reach it. I am trying to be realistic so he doesn't have to get up too early and then wait. I also don't want to give him to generous of a time and have him completely miss it. KWIM? I have never done the phm... so I am not entirely positive on what I "think" happens. However... Assuming I am in an ok starting coral (I did submit a 10k from a few months ago that had me with about a 10 1/2 min/mile pace)...should it start about 6:30? Then I was thinking I would end up finishing in 2:40. Again...maybe I am not allowing enough time? maybe I am allowing too much time? My longest run thus far has been my 8.54 miles I finished that in 1:30:54 I still have a few more weeks to train..and I am hoping my pace will improve a bit. (anything 5 miles or less I can run at less than a 10min/mile pace)

So I told dh he should be there waiting to see me finish around 9am. Does that sound about right?

TIA
I think it's going to depend on what corral you are in and the start time for that corral. If you start before 6:30 and finish in under 2:40, he needs to be there earlier.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #1118
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
Princesses, I need training plan input. It's looking like my 10 miles isn't going to happen this weekend due to thunderstorms. There is still a chance they'll let up later but it's really not looking like it. So, my options are to skip it completely and do my next long run of 11 in 2 weeks, do 10 next weekend and then 11 the week after (back to back long runs) or do 11 next weekend, 12 in 3 weeks then take a 3 week taper. Endurance-wise I can do 13.1 now. I did a half on December 1 and I'm running even better and stronger just since then. My last long run was 9 miles 2 weeks ago. I'm just not sure which would be the most efficient. Thoughts?
I am really not experienced enough to give you any piece of advice... but I know that in my training program it won't have me hit 12 miles for a few weeks.... if that helps. Personally, I probably would just do a long run the next time you can fit it in.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #1119
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
I think it's going to depend on what corral you are in and the start time for that corral. If you start before 6:30 and finish in under 2:40, he needs to be there earlier.
Yeah... I think it will be that start time that will make a difference in the time he needs to be there by. If I run at a 10 minute mile pace but stop for pictures then 2:40 gives me about a half an hour to stop for pics. (about 2 minutes per mile) Will there be that many stops? And will it actually only take 2 minutes. I just need to try and be realistic in how long this is going to take me. ToT I thought I would get done 2:10 and it was like 2:43. I just realized something... I now think I will finish the phm in the actual time it took me to do the ToT. I doubt it will take me longer than 2:40 for the phm considering I plan to run it (I want to say I walked more of the ToT than ran)
Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #1120
tink2007
DIS Veteran

I did the Hot Chocolate 15k in Atlanta this morning. It was the hardest race I've ever done. It was warm, muggy,and ALL HILLS! I had horrible shin splints but finished in descent time- 1:44:49.
I'm not the least bit worried about the PHM after this race. No hills!
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
Old 01-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #1121
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007 View Post
I did the Hot Chocolate 15k in Atlanta this morning. It was the hardest race I've ever done. It was warm, muggy,and ALL HILLS! I had horrible shin splints but finished in descent time- 1:44:49.
Congrats!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #1122
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007
Congrats that's so awesome!!!!!!!!!

I had a miserable 9.5 mile run today. Knee pain and general sluggishness. I had surgery on Wednesday, a minor procedure so they said if be fine for my long run today..... They lied. I was near tears the whole time.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #1123
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess
This is my first time training for a half marathon, so I'm no expert either but I had a similar problem and just shifted my long runs around so I ended up running an 8.5 mile last weekend and a 10 mile this weekend. I haven't noticed any problems with recovery time and in fact, slightly improved on pace. I would think, especially because you are trained already to handle the distance, that you should be okay to do two long weekends back to back. But only you know your body and how you recover.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
Old 01-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #1124
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!
Sofa surfed the PC and now the TA on DCL
And … Sofa surfing the world on DCL with my DIS friends

Aren't we starting earlier this year? Yes, 5:35 for Elites, the every 5-6 minutes later for each corral. Also just saw that the Pasta Party is open again, back to 98%.

Finisher calculator, and since it is rundisney figure in some photo stops http://www.runnersworld.com/finish-time-calculator
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

Old 01-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #1125
trisha73
Earning My Ears

Hi, I'm Trisha. I'm super excited about running the Princess, and I've been lurking for a while getting all kinds of good information. So thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007 View Post
I'm coming out of lurkdom, because I also did the Hot Chocolate 15k in Atlanta this morning, and it was HARD! I was a little disheartened by the whole thing, so it's good to hear that other people thought it was difficult, too!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: